Jump to topic:

Restriction for creating new topics

VelCrow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 3:03:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Tbh those spambots are getting really annoying. Is it possible for us to put a restriction to create topics in forum? Similar if not the same restriction as for voting rights.

We could create a new forum titled "Public" or something that all members can post without restriction. But to create topics in the other forums require members to complete non forfeited debates.

Just my 2 cents. What do you guys think?
"Ah....So when god "Taught you" online, did he have a user name like "Darthmaulrules1337", and did he talk in all caps?" ~ Axonly

http://www.debate.org...
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 9:26:36 AM
At 10/20/2014 3:03:09 AM, VelCrow wrote:
Tbh those spambots are getting really annoying. Is it possible for us to put a restriction to create topics in forum? Similar if not the same restriction as for voting rights.

We could create a new forum titled "Public" or something that all members can post without restriction. But to create topics in the other forums require members to complete non forfeited debates.

That's a great idea. Don't know if you can actually program "restrictions" though?
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 12:42:22 PM

I crossed my mind. I assume the option has been considered, but I can ask.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 2:46:48 PM

I had an idea that new member cannot make threads until they have been a member for 5 days. That would get rid of most of this stuff.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 2:52:08 PM
I don't know if its possible, but if there's a specific time limit you need to adhere to before making a new topic, that might help with stalin-esque bots too. Like you need to wait for 15 minutes after making a thread to make another thread.

The reddit system of upvoting/ downvoting would be pretty cool too.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 2:54:29 PM
The option's been discussed, but I am not sure what precise actions are pending to fight the spam bot problem.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...