Total Posts:48|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Warped: A DDO Chronicle Chapter 5 (full)

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 11:05:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
A/N: I'm baaaaaaaack! I am so sorry for not posting chapter 5 sooner (or the rest of it), but you should feel even sorrier for me because currently, Endark is heading over to my house in order to beat the sh1t out of me with a pillowcase stuffed with bars of soap! D:> Anyway, if there are any readers that want to sign up, you can do so here: http://www.debate.org... I'm going to need more because I'm so greedy, so more signups will be appreciated! Make sure to leave a reply, and enjoy the fifth chapter of Warped!

Previous Chapter: http://www.debate.org...

Chapter 5: October 2nd, 2014

Endark couldn't see a thing.

It was currently the first night phase of the game, and he was in for a surprise. The environment seemed eerily similar to the spawn point in the void before the game started, with total darkness and a surface below his feet.

He squinted his eyes, but they refused to adjust. It was impossible for anything to be visible in this gloom.

Frustrated, he sighed, and was about to lose hope when suddenly, his phone buzzed in his pocket. He anxiously removed it, almost out of habit. He opted not to turn it on to holographic mode, should he reveal his location, and opened his notifications. Immediately, the game PM opened, along with a timer labeled 00:23:59:15.

Mafia Online PM
Welcome to the first Night Phase (NP) of your first game! Unlike the Day Phase, the Night Phase depends heavily on the physical capability of the player, while the Day Phase tests their mentality. In other words, you must carry out your role with your own power, without any help from the game.

Each NP is set in total darkness in the beginning, with usernames and players being invisible. However, once you choose your target, the darkness will be lifted, and your target and his or her username (which will be magnified at any distance to be easily seen) will appear, although no other players will be visible. However, all players will not look like their usual selves, but will look like the character of their game (note: only their physical appearance will change). Each NPs setting is a map in correspondence to the theme of your game, which is STAR WARS. You are ANAKIN SKYWALKER, a headstrong Jedi Knight that's overly aggressive and vengeful. Therefore, you are the VIGILANTE, and have the ability to kill one person of your choosing every night. The present map is called MUSTAFAR. Compared to the 10,000 themes, there are over 100,000 maps in 10-map sets for each theme in Mafia Online, making it impossible for a game to have a repeated map unless the game stretches for more than 10 DP/NPs.

Your current role, VIGILANTE, allows you to kill one person of your choosing every night. VIGILANTE requires strength (STR) and agility (AGI) to improve your capabilities when using this role. Currently, both stats are at level zero, giving you no stat bonuses or default weapons for this game. As you gain more money and skill points, you can buy tools, weapons, and stats to improve your status for future games.

You may select your target from the list of names below by tapping on them, or you may choose the option to pass. A prompt to make certain of your choice will automatically appear. One warning, however--you may not switch targets once you pick your target. Good luck, player.

Endark wasted five minutes staring at the end of the first paragraph, and once he finished reading, he stared at it some more, as if he made enough eye contact, the text would magically disappear. Of course, it was in vain, but that didn"t stop him from doing so.

Suddenly, his mind made the connection, and his mouth opened in a scream. Vigilante had the ability to kill someone...did that mean he had to kill a person with his own hands? Did he had to end someone's life to sustain his own? This game is more screwed up than I originally thought. Endark raged in his head. Why the hell couldn't the game kill the person of his choosing? Endark was a lot of things, but a murderer was definitely not one of them.

Endark promptly hurled his phone to the ground and stomped on it repeatedly. After several dozen stomps, he swiped the phone off the surface. He contemptuously glared at it. No cracks. This thing seemed to be made of diamond.

Sighing, he turned it back on, and swiped down to the bottom of the PM. As the PM has promised, there was a list of twenty-five people. However, one name was grayed out. Endark recalled him as the lynched victim who turned out to be guilty in DP1. The situation then was almost comical, really.

Endark sat down with the others at the circular table. Most of them were somber, others were calm, and one was strangely grinning like a fool. but an air of apprehension hung above the room.

Endark cleared his throat, figuring that he should start. "Okay, everyone. My name's EndarkenedRationalist, but everyone calls me Endark." A few murmurings of greetings escaped from the players. "Well, anyway, let's get started. First of all, does anyone have any questions about the theme, Star Wars?"

Thankfully, everyone seemed to have at least a basic knowledge of Star Wars, and some people were on their phone--most likely searching some characters of the theme.

Endark sighed. "Great. Then does anyone have a question about their role--"

The smiling person from before interrupted him. "Ooh! Ooh! I have an awesome role! My game PM said that I'm the Mafia Jack of All Trades because I'm Emperor Palpatine! Can you believe my luck? And I just love being Mafia...huh?" He looked around, seemingly just realizing that everyone was staring at him. Still smiling wildly, he continued. "Anyway, I was talking with my Mafia buddies, and they said that it was great, especially this cool dude named Serpentyne, so I thought that you guys would think it was great too!"

Endark had enough. He silently read the idiot's username, and spoke. "VTL RationalMadman!"

"VTL RationalMadman!"

"VTL RationalMadman!"

Needless to say, it was an extremely short DP, lasting about three minutes.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 11:06:54 PM
Pressed Ctrl + F. Typed "thett". Found no results. Determined thread tl;dr
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 11:09:08 PM
Endark now gazed at the gray lettering of RationalMadman, with a hint of pity. Troll or not, he felt sorry for his painful death, but at least it only took fifteen seconds for the lynch to be completed, so he didn't suffer for too long.

Bringing his attention back to the game, he remembered the name that RationalMadman had said during his rambling, and scanned through the list, which was in alphabetical order. There it was--Serpentyne. He remembered glancing at him, a man who looked to be in his thirties and whose face was purple with rage, during the DP, and tapped on the name. The aforementioned prompt popped into view.

Are you sure you want to choose Serpentyne as your target for this NP?

Endark hesitated once more, realizing the full effect this act could have. He was almost entirely sure that this player was Mafia. If he succeeded on killing him, which he knew he would, judging from the guy's pudginess and height, Town would be one step closer to victory. But what about himself? He would think of himself as a murderer forever. He would be no better than the criminals that were given life sentences on the news, the ones who he loathed with all his heart.

Endark made up his mind. He would never able to bring himself to do such an abominable act. His finger landed on NO, scrolled down to the bottom, and pressed PASS. The prompt showed up again.

Are you sure you want to pass for this NP?

He was about to press YES when a thought came to mind. Annie. No, he couldn't afford to let his emotions seep through, especially during this crucial moment, but it was impossible to keep his mind off of ESocial. What would she think of this right now? Would she avoid him forever, appalled by his harsh actions in contrast to his shy and peaceful demeanor?
Even worse, what would she think of him right now? Would she think of him as honorable, or cowardly?

Annie...this world is cruel, he thought bitterly. I can't play this game. I can't do such a terrible thing without you. I...I can't do it.

He felt like he got slapped in the face. Of course! Hadn't he admitted this to her this exact same thing before the game? He reminisced that she actually did slap in him the face when he said that.

"What do you mean, Endark?" ESocial looked at him, confused. They were holding hands and walking to the Mafia bulletin board for the first game. Her smile faltered.

Endark sighed, unwilling to meet her eyes. "This game only lets ten people survive at the end. To survive, we have to...we have to...kill. There's no way I can do such a terrible thing. I'm not playing anymore."

SLAP. Endark's head snapped to the left, his cheek burning with pain. However, it was nothing compared to the agony of his heart.

"Endark, have you even considered how I feel? You just told me that you're going to give up on this world, on ANY world. HAVE YOU EVEN THOUGHT OF ME?" she almost shouted, brows furrowed. He always thought she looked beautiful when she was angry, but her beauty was now marred by a tear forming in her right eye. Her tear made his heart want to curl up into a ball forever.

Endark's face fell. "ESocial, regardless of what happens to me, you need to live. You have to survive. I can't forgive--"

"So you're going to give up and leave me all alone forever? That's totally fair, Endark!" Sarcasm diluted her voice, but she was definitely crying by now.

He gaped at her. "What--no! I'll never abandon you! But you have to understand that I won't be able to survive! I can't kill anyone, nor will I! Call me a weakling, call me a coward, but I will never stoop down to that level!" he was yelling too at this point.

ESocial stared at him, wiping her eyes. "Endark," she began quietly, "I'm going to fight. I'm going to fight with this world and survive. I want to live. I'll do anything to live. But not without you. At least...at least promise me that you'll fight just as hard for me. Fight with everything within your power. If you're going to give up, then that means you're giving up on me, too." She clasped his hand tightly. "Think of me."

Endark brushed away the last of her tears. "I--I promise. For you, Annie."

She laced her arms around his neck, but the memory faded, along with ESocial and her warmth. Without her support, he collapsed to his knees. What had he done?

"Annie...I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..." he whispered. Endark wasn't aware of his tears until he felt one of the drops land on the back of his hand, realizing his face was wet. Staggering to his feet and hastily scrubbing at his eyes, he turned back to the phone. The timer now read 00:23:44:50. 15 minutes had passed.

He couldn't afford to waste more time. He tapped NO on the prompt for passing, went back to Serpentyne, and chose his target. There was no hesitation when he pressed YES for confirmation. Immediately, the darkness lifted.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 11:12:08 PM
It took him a few seconds to get out of his disorientation due to the sudden change of light, but after a few curses and a good deal of eye rubbing, he realized that he was standing on a piece of rock floating on lava. In fact, there were dozens, if not hundreds of large fragments of ground bobbing along the surface of the fiery substance.

He was on the brink of hyperventilating before he remembered that each NP was in a map related to the theme, namely Mustafar. Endark knew it was the planet in which Anakin and Obi-Wan fought in Revenge of the Sith, and he could easily recall the surroundings that resembled hell. It was about as hot as it, too, and he almost felt the sensation of the blood boiling in his veins.

As he looked around, he spotted large text that seemed to be hanging from nowhere, with a small speck barely visible beneath the word. He immediately read the letters Serpentyne, not too surprised as the game PM had already mentioned this. Regardless, he needed to complete his job.

Endark leaped for the nearest rock and jumped the next, bounding over towards Serpentyne. As far as he could tell, the player wasn't moving, and Endark couldn't be seen by the player, anyway.

He tripped over a stone, and stumbled only a couple of inches from the edge. Focus, Endark reminded himself. You're as good as dead if you fall here.

As he got closer, Endark could see the pudgy, purple-faced man replaced with someone encased in a suit of black armor, complete with a helmet and a cape. It looked to him as Darth Vader, without the lightsaber. There was no mistaking it, though; the white lettering of Serpentyne was entirely visible. Anxiously, he picked up his pace, his first uncertain and clumsy steps now nimble leaps.

One, two, and a final lunge caused him to arrive on the same rock Serpentyne was standing on. The man didn't seem to notice, and was standing with his back turned, seemingly staring downward at the magma below.

Endark grimaced, but slowly treaded forward, in case if his invisibility didn't stretch to sound. All I have to do is push this guy into the lava...

One cautious step, and another. He wished that time would slow down like in the movies so that he could think more, but his feet continued to move in the same pace. He was now five feet from Serpentyne, the username shimmering in the blood-red sky of the planet.

Endark took one last step, and held up his hands in front of him, arms bent. One motion and Serpentyne would fall into an inferno of doom, with no traces of the horrific event. Endark shuddered, but braced himself for the gesture. His arms felt numb, but he forced them forward, straight into the man's back.

His wish was granted; his arms slowed before impact, but time did not; and in this hesitation, Serpentyne turned around, and punched Endark in the stomach in a vicious uppercut.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Endark stumbled backwards, gasping for breath. Pudgy or not, this guy was still ten years older than him. Reeling from the blow, his mind raced ahead. What? How could he see me? That's impossible! Unless...he targeted me?!
Regaining his balance, Endark struck with his fist at Serpentyne's face. The blow's force sent his helmet flying off of his head and him toppling to the ground, his white skull dangling over the edge. Endark nursed his stomach, still wincing from the blow. The now-Darth-Vader Serpentyne rose with visible difficulty.

"How--" Endark started, still unsure how to phrase the situation and unable to fully recover from his shock. "How can you see me?"

Serpentyne smiled a sickly grimace, his face wrinkled and white from the Darth Vader facade. There was no mistaking it, though; it was him. "Isn't obvious now?" he asked, in response to his question. "I'm Mafia. That dolt RationalMadman gave me away in the first Day Phase. I know you, EndarkenedRationalist, from surveying several past Mafia games from DDO in real life. Needless to say, you are the major threat in this game. Therefore, you must die. Mafia will seal your doom today."

Serpentyne whistled, and voices could immediately be heard--snarling, laughing, or calling out rude phrases. So the player invisibility didn't stretch to hearing. Endark's heart sank. There must be at least four other players besides Serpentyne that he couldn't see. Fighting all five players was hopeless. One problem remained, however: Endark had to complete his role in killing Serpentyne, or who knew what would happen to him.

Gritting his teeth, he crouched, his legs bent, and dove at Serpentyne. His target's smugness quickly transformed into fear, and he shouted, "Go, Tylon!"

Endark's instinctively swerved to the right, feeling something bump against his right side. He quickly corrected that something to someone, then corrected that someone to a Mafia player named Tylon, and that Tylon was possibly trying to tackle him.

Adrenaline now coursed through his veins. Endark knew that he had to flee quickly, or the other players would kill him. But first, he still had to kill Serpentyne.

Keeping his eyes on his goal, he charged at the armored man once more, roaring with desperation. He was just about to collide with Serpentyne and send him tumbling into the lava when he bounced off another invisible force.

Endark's head hit the rock, hard. His vision began to double, and pain wracked his skull. Concentrate. He jumped to his feet and quickly calculated that he should first leave. The five of them could have him surrounded, for all he knew.
He made a lunge for the nearest rock platform, only to have something attached to his leg. Ruthlessly, he kicked out with the foot, earning a sharp cry from that direction. He jumped again, only with arms clamped around his shoulders this time. Struggling, he screamed out of fury, punching and kicking, once feeling something moist against his fist and glancing at it to find blood. However, it was to no avail; the Mafiosos ultimately brought him down by sheer numbers.

Endark struggled with all of his might, finding something fleshy against his mouth and biting it, the metallic taste of blood filling his mouth. Finally, his head was once again slammed against the ground by two hands. This time, the double vision did not go away. Invisible blows rained down on him, each hit making his mind scream with pain and his vision slowly getting blurrier...and dimmer...

At last, the fighting ceased. Gasps of breath and panting was audible, as the players apparently took a respite from the fighting. Moans and whimpers were also heard, but Endark was unable to feel satisfaction--or anything as of the moment. All he could feel was pain, but even that was fading along with his vision. Maybe...maybe it was for the best.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 11:14:43 PM
After several minutes, Serpentyne spoke. "So, shall we roll him into the lava then?"

With murmurs of ascent, Endark once more felt several hands pushing him across the ground, toward the edge. An experimental kick was aimed at his face, but he could barely feel it. All he could do was stare at the radiant magma that would soon consume him, leaving nothing behind. At least in the real world, his body would remain and they could bury him at his funeral...and friends and family would be there too, along with--with--

Annie. Annie. Annie. The name reverberated throughout his semiconscious mind, the very purpose and joy of his life. As it echoed, Endark continued to stare at the edge of the rock, his expression blank, but slowly, his eyes began to widen.

Promise me that you'll fight just as hard for me. He was now about a yard away from his death.

Fight with everything within your power. Two feet away from the lava.

If you're going to give up... One foot. All thoughts of death vanished from his mind.

...then that means you're giving up on me, too. He was on the very edge, on the precipice of gravity, the beginning of hell...

And he fell. Endark looked up at the sky, his eyes fully open.

Think of me. The players began cheering.

CRUNCH. Endark's hand shot out to grab hold of the edge of the rock. The jagged shape cut his palm, but the pain didn't register. All that registered his mind was Annie. His Annie.

The cheering cut short. A player shouted, "Give up already!" Immediately, his fingers were stomped on, but they didn't falter. Rather, they did the opposite.

Endark momentarily released the edge to snatch wildly with his left hand. Seizing an ankle, he violently jerked it backward. Screams were heard, but all Endark was able to see was a muffled splash, then flames marking the grave site of the deceased player. Endark stared at the embers protruding from the molten rock.

Why...why? He asked himself. But he already knew the answer. Fight for me, Endark. Her last words before the initialization of the game. Endark's mind was consumed with only that sole thought.

Endark roared with pain and anguish, but mainly rage. He clambered over the cliff, leaping yet again at Serpentyne. He felt another pair of hands grip the front of his shoulders, pried them off, and promptly twisted it to an inconceivable degree. Taking the victim by injured hand, he lifted the player off of the ground and swung him wildly around him, making contact with several players. Serpentyne's face turned into abject horror, confirming Endark's success. The man ran for the next rock, stumbling and falling to his knees in landing. Endark thought nothing of what he did, or how he would feel. He no longer cared about himself; he only cared for ESocial. Pure emotion triggered his adrenaline, and he took a final dive at Serpentyne.

Serpentyne began crying out for help, but all thoughts even mildly concerning mercy fled Endark's mind. Before the final player could jump for the next player, Endark tackled him to the ground, smashing his head against the rock as had been done to him.

Ruthlessly, Endark continued his assault, all hesitation replaced by the animalistic instinct of combat. His heel crashed into the fallen man's ribs, and an audible crunch could be heard. Serpentyne screamed in pain, his face soaked with blood, but Endark refused to--

"Stop!" A voice could be heard screaming. Endark whipped his head around, to find no one in sight. Was it another Mafioso?

Turning his attention back to the fallen player, Endark was surprised that the player was now dead. He now stared at his hands, oozing with gore, and his shoes were flowing with red as well.

Would Annie approve? He looked disdainfully at his hands, and cleaned them off on the ground. Well, maybe he went a little overkill...okay, maybe really overkill, but he still accomplished his NP goal.

Endark cleared his throat, and announced, "If you are Town, you have nothing to fear from me. However, if you are a surviving member of Mafia...or if you are TP..."

"I'm not, I'm not! I'm Town!" The player sounded scared, and sounded like a girl.

Endark hesitated, but refused to lower his guard. "Then...why are you targeting me?"

The girl took a deep breath. "I'm Watcher...and I saw the whole thing." She sounded nauseated.

Endark's face fell slightly. "So...are you scared of me?"

Much to his surprise, he heard laughter. After not stopping for several seconds, Endark joined in, albeit much more hysterically.

"Scared? You killed six people--five of who you couldn't even see--of course I'm scared!" The girl said between giggles.

Endark's face rearranged into shock. "Uhh...six? I killed all six of them?"

If he could have seen her, Endark could have bet the girl nodded. "Yeah. All six members of Mafia. In one night. Town's going to be in pandemonium when they see this..."

Endark sighed, swaying from exhaustion, and finally collapsing to his back. He heard rapid footsteps approaching him, but paid hardly any attention.

"Oh my gosh! Are you okay...?"

Endark struggled to get his phone out of his pocket, and switched it on. The timer read 00:19:59:43. In his role PM, a new message was added:

Action successful. NP has ended. Prepare for DP2 in 20 hours.

Sighing, Endark shoved the phone back in his pocket, and lay spread-eagle on the ground. To say the least, he was exhausted from his physical exertion and adrenaline rush, and adjusted his arms beneath his head, looking up at the blood-red sky, now resembling the blood he had spilled.

However, a moon rose in the horizon, amidst all of the chaos. As he gazed at it fondly, his eyes fluttered closed.

Annie...I did it. I fought my hardest. For you.

Three seconds later, he was fast asleep.

A/N: Poor Endark! I should have armed with a bar of soap to make it easier for him...but then he'd attack me with it later on. Anyway, that's it for chapter five, and I hope you enjoyed the story and are mollified for the time being! You better be, too, because I wrote for three hours non<x>stop. -.- I'll get to work on chapter six, but the good part's coming from around chapter ten. :P So stay tuned, and excuse me while I go follow Endark's example and go to sleep!
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 11:16:03 PM
At 10/20/2014 11:06:54 PM, thett3 wrote:

NOW you may post, thank you very much, Thett. -.-

Don't worry, the first arc (about chapters 1-8) is mainly going to be centered around BYours and Enannie, and the second arc (about chapters 9-14) is going to mention you a lot, don't worry. :P
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 11:28:59 PM
At 10/20/2014 11:09:08 PM, RevNge wrote:
Endark now gazed at the gray lettering of RationalMadman, with a hint of pity. Troll or not, he felt sorry for his painful death, but at least it only took fifteen seconds for the lynch to be completed, so he didn't suffer for too long.

Bringing his attention back to the game, he remembered the name that RationalMadman had said during his rambling, and scanned through the list, which was in alphabetical order. There it was--Serpentyne. He remembered glancing at him, a man who looked to be in his thirties and whose face was purple with rage, during the DP, and tapped on the name. The aforementioned prompt popped into view.

Well done, Endark.

Are you sure you want to choose Serpentyne as your target for this NP?

Endark hesitated once more, realizing the full effect this act could have. He was almost entirely sure that this player was Mafia. If he succeeded on killing him, which he knew he would, judging from the guy's pudginess and height, Town would be one step closer to victory. But what about himself? He would think of himself as a murderer forever. He would be no better than the criminals that were given life sentences on the news, the ones who he loathed with all his heart.

Overconfident AND moral. Fair enough, I like it.
Although apparently I'm Kira based on that last sentence.

Endark made up his mind. He would never able to bring himself to do such an abominable act. His finger landed on NO, scrolled down to the bottom, and pressed PASS. The prompt showed up again.

And now I'm moral again. :-)

Are you sure you want to pass for this NP?

He was about to press YES when a thought came to mind. Annie. No, he couldn't afford to let his emotions seep through, especially during this crucial moment, but it was impossible to keep his mind off of ESocial. What would she think of this right now? Would she avoid him forever, appalled by his harsh actions in contrast to his shy and peaceful demeanor?
Even worse, what would she think of him right now? Would she think of him as honorable, or cowardly?

Annie...this world is cruel, he thought bitterly. I can't play this game. I can't do such a terrible thing without you. I...I can't do it.

Aww.

He felt like he got slapped in the face. Of course! Hadn't he admitted this to her this exact same thing before the game? He reminisced that she actually did slap in him the face when he said that.

"What do you mean, Endark?" ESocial looked at him, confused. They were holding hands and walking to the Mafia bulletin board for the first game. Her smile faltered.

Endark sighed, unwilling to meet her eyes. "This game only lets ten people survive at the end. To survive, we have to...we have to...kill. There's no way I can do such a terrible thing. I'm not playing anymore."

SLAP. Endark's head snapped to the left, his cheek burning with pain. However, it was nothing compared to the agony of his heart.

Annie is rather abusive in this series.

"Endark, have you even considered how I feel? You just told me that you're going to give up on this world, on ANY world. HAVE YOU EVEN THOUGHT OF ME?" she almost shouted, brows furrowed. He always thought she looked beautiful when she was angry, but her beauty was now marred by a tear forming in her right eye. Her tear made his heart want to curl up into a ball forever.

Poor Annie :-(

Endark's face fell. "ESocial, regardless of what happens to me, you need to live. You have to survive. I can't forgive--"

And now I'm Peeta.

"So you're going to give up and leave me all alone forever? That's totally fair, Endark!" Sarcasm diluted her voice, but she was definitely crying by now.

He gaped at her. "What--no! I'll never abandon you! But you have to understand that I won't be able to survive! I can't kill anyone, nor will I! Call me a weakling, call me a coward, but I will never stoop down to that level!" he was yelling too at this point.

Such an upstanding citisen.

ESocial stared at him, wiping her eyes. "Endark," she began quietly, "I'm going to fight. I'm going to fight with this world and survive. I want to live. I'll do anything to live. But not without you. At least...at least promise me that you'll fight just as hard for me. Fight with everything within your power. If you're going to give up, then that means you're giving up on me, too." She clasped his hand tightly. "Think of me."

Awwwwwww.

She laced her arms around his neck, but the memory faded, along with ESocial and her warmth. Without her support, he collapsed to his knees. What had he done?

"Annie...I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..." he whispered. Endark wasn't aware of his tears until he felt one of the drops land on the back of his hand, realizing his face was wet. Staggering to his feet and hastily scrubbing at his eyes, he turned back to the phone. The timer now read 00:23:44:50. 15 minutes had passed.

He couldn't afford to waste more time. He tapped NO on the prompt for passing, went back to Serpentyne, and chose his target. There was no hesitation when he pressed YES for confirmation. Immediately, the darkness lifted.

Oh snap. Here we go.
Krieg01
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 11:32:41 PM
At 10/20/2014 11:16:54 PM, RevNge wrote:
FACK, SPELLING ERROR! IT'S ASSENT, NOT ASCENT! D:< nac

That episode was brilliant.

Endark, you are now formally declared the "Badass of DDO".
How come when I hit review it sometimes adds my post without me clicking add post?
Does this happen to other people?

#LEARN TO SPEAK UP
#Cause I can
Learn to use emoticons DDO.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 11:32:51 PM
At 10/20/2014 11:12:08 PM, RevNge wrote:
It took him a few seconds to get out of his disorientation due to the sudden change of light, but after a few curses and a good deal of eye rubbing, he realized that he was standing on a piece of rock floating on lava. In fact, there were dozens, if not hundreds of large fragments of ground bobbing along the surface of the fiery substance.

He was on the brink of hyperventilating before he remembered that each NP was in a map related to the theme, namely Mustafar. Endark knew it was the planet in which Anakin and Obi-Wan fought in Revenge of the Sith, and he could easily recall the surroundings that resembled hell. It was about as hot as it, too, and he almost felt the sensation of the blood boiling in his veins.

Oh...but Endark's character was Anakin....

As he looked around, he spotted large text that seemed to be hanging from nowhere, with a small speck barely visible beneath the word. He immediately read the letters Serpentyne, not too surprised as the game PM had already mentioned this. Regardless, he needed to complete his job.

Endark leaped for the nearest rock and jumped the next, bounding over towards Serpentyne. As far as he could tell, the player wasn't moving, and Endark couldn't be seen by the player, anyway.

He tripped over a stone, and stumbled only a couple of inches from the edge. Focus, Endark reminded himself. You're as good as dead if you fall here.

#bestvigilanteever

As he got closer, Endark could see the pudgy, purple-faced man replaced with someone encased in a suit of black armor, complete with a helmet and a cape. It looked to him as Darth Vader, without the lightsaber. There was no mistaking it, though; the white lettering of Serpentyne was entirely visible. Anxiously, he picked up his pace, his first uncertain and clumsy steps now nimble leaps.

Interesting...

One, two, and a final lunge caused him to arrive on the same rock Serpentyne was standing on. The man didn't seem to notice, and was standing with his back turned, seemingly staring downward at the magma below.

Endark grimaced, but slowly treaded forward, in case if his invisibility didn't stretch to sound. All I have to do is push this guy into the lava...

One cautious step, and another. He wished that time would slow down like in the movies so that he could think more, but his feet continued to move in the same pace. He was now five feet from Serpentyne, the username shimmering in the blood-red sky of the planet.

Endark took one last step, and held up his hands in front of him, arms bent. One motion and Serpentyne would fall into an inferno of doom, with no traces of the horrific event. Endark shuddered, but braced himself for the gesture. His arms felt numb, but he forced them forward, straight into the man's back.

O.O

His wish was granted; his arms slowed before impact, but time did not; and in this hesitation, Serpentyne turned around, and punched Endark in the stomach in a vicious uppercut.

Well, that happened.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Endark stumbled backwards, gasping for breath. Pudgy or not, this guy was still ten years older than him. Reeling from the blow, his mind raced ahead. What? How could he see me? That's impossible! Unless...he targeted me?!
Regaining his balance, Endark struck with his fist at Serpentyne's face. The blow's force sent his helmet flying off of his head and him toppling to the ground, his white skull dangling over the edge. Endark nursed his stomach, still wincing from the blow. The now-Darth-Vader Serpentyne rose with visible difficulty.

"How--" Endark started, still unsure how to phrase the situation and unable to fully recover from his shock. "How can you see me?"

Serpentyne smiled a sickly grimace, his face wrinkled and white from the Darth Vader facade. There was no mistaking it, though; it was him. "Isn't obvious now?" he asked, in response to his question. "I'm Mafia. That dolt RationalMadman gave me away in the first Day Phase. I know you, EndarkenedRationalist, from surveying several past Mafia games from DDO in real life. Needless to say, you are the major threat in this game. Therefore, you must die. Mafia will seal your doom today."

Wow. He's actually "evil" too.

Serpentyne whistled, and voices could immediately be heard--snarling, laughing, or calling out rude phrases. So the player invisibility didn't stretch to hearing. Endark's heart sank. There must be at least four other players besides Serpentyne that he couldn't see. Fighting all five players was hopeless. One problem remained, however: Endark had to complete his role in killing Serpentyne, or who knew what would happen to him.

I don't know, Endark...doesn't seem like the best strategy.

Gritting his teeth, he crouched, his legs bent, and dove at Serpentyne. His target's smugness quickly transformed into fear, and he shouted, "Go, Tylon!"

Endark's instinctively swerved to the right, feeling something bump against his right side. He quickly corrected that something to someone, then corrected that someone to a Mafia player named Tylon, and that Tylon was possibly trying to tackle him.

Adrenaline now coursed through his veins. Endark knew that he had to flee quickly, or the other players would kill him. But first, he still had to kill Serpentyne.

He can try...

Keeping his eyes on his goal, he charged at the armored man once more, roaring with desperation. He was just about to collide with Serpentyne and send him tumbling into the lava when he bounced off another invisible force.

Endark's head hit the rock, hard. His vision began to double, and pain wracked his skull. Concentrate. He jumped to his feet and quickly calculated that he should first leave. The five of them could have him surrounded, for all he knew.
He made a lunge for the nearest rock platform, only to have something attached to his leg. Ruthlessly, he kicked out with the foot, earning a sharp cry from that direction. He jumped again, only with arms clamped around his shoulders this time. Struggling, he screamed out of fury, punching and kicking, once feeling something moist against his fist and glancing at it to find blood. However, it was to no avail; the Mafiosos ultimately brought him down by sheer numbers.

Fight! Fight them, Endark! Fight!

Endark struggled with all of his might, finding something fleshy against his mouth and biting it, the metallic taste of blood filling his mouth. Finally, his head was once again slammed against the ground by two hands. This time, the double vision did not go away. Invisible blows rained down on him, each hit making his mind scream with pain and his vision slowly getting blurrier...and dimmer...

NOOOO

At last, the fighting ceased. Gasps of breath and panting was audible, as the players apparently took a respite from the fighting. Moans and whimpers were also heard, but Endark was unable to feel satisfaction--or anything as of the moment. All he could feel was pain, but even that was fading along with his vision. Maybe...maybe it was for the best.

NOO x 4
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 11:33:10 PM
At 10/20/2014 11:32:41 PM, Krieg01 wrote:

Why, thank you. :-)
Krieg01
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 11:34:20 PM
At 10/20/2014 11:33:10 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 10/20/2014 11:32:41 PM, Krieg01 wrote:

Why, thank you. :-)

You should definitely sig that. :)
How come when I hit review it sometimes adds my post without me clicking add post?
Does this happen to other people?

#LEARN TO SPEAK UP
#Cause I can
Learn to use emoticons DDO.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 11:59:24 PM
At 10/20/2014 11:39:05 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
I typed out long responses to the last bit. Then the page reloaded, and they're all gone.

LMAO XD
Now you know how I feel when I write. XD
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 5:06:46 AM
WHAT

GO ANNIE! KICK HIS ARSE!!!
Awwww.
That sounded so bland, 'esocial' like he was trying to be formal, polite. Trying to convey a message endark?

Aww.
YOU'RE GOING TO DIE, YOU BASTARD?!:
Aww.

Awww.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 5:08:59 AM
At 10/20/2014 11:12:08 PM, RevNge wrote:

WUT NOOO

ENNIE OMG YOU SEE WHY YOU HAD TO VIG TONIGHT?!

NOOOO ENNIEEE REV I WILL KILL YOU

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WTF NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 5:14:51 AM
At 10/20/2014 11:14:43 PM, RevNge wrote:
After several minutes, Serpentyne spoke. "So, shall we roll him into the lava then?"
NO
SOMEONE GET ME IN THERE TO PROTECT MY ENNIE OMG

With murmurs of ascent, Endark once more felt several hands pushing him across the ground, toward the edge.
Spelling error
An experimental kick was aimed at his face, but he could barely feel it. All he could do was stare at the radiant magma that would soon consume him, leaving nothing behind. At least in the real world, his body would remain and they could bury him at his funeral...and friends and family would be there too, along with--with--

Annie. Annie. Annie. The name reverberated throughout his semiconscious mind, the very purpose and joy of his life. As it echoed, Endark continued to stare at the edge of the rock, his expression blank, but slowly, his eyes began to widen.
IT BETTER

Promise me that you'll fight just as hard for me. He was now about a yard away from his death.

Fight with everything within your power. Two feet away from the lava.

If you're going to give up... One foot. All thoughts of death vanished from his mind.

...then that means you're giving up on me, too. He was on the very edge, on the precipice of gravity, the beginning of hell...
O.O

And he fell. Endark looked up at the sky, his eyes fully open.

Think of me. The players began cheering.

CRUNCH. Endark's hand shot out to grab hold of the edge of the rock. The jagged shape cut his palm, but the pain didn't register. All that registered his mind was Annie. His Annie.
AWW. GO ENNIE GO YOU CAN DO IT GOOOO

The cheering cut short. A player shouted, "Give up already!" Immediately, his fingers were stomped on, but they didn't falter. Rather, they did the opposite.

Endark momentarily released the edge to snatch wildly with his left hand. Seizing an ankle, he violently jerked it backward. Screams were heard, but all Endark was able to see was a muffled splash, then flames marking the grave site of the deceased player. Endark stared at the embers protruding from the molten rock.

Why...why? He asked himself. But he already knew the answer. Fight for me, Endark. Her last words before the initialization of the game. Endark's mind was consumed with only that sole thought.

Endark roared with pain and anguish, but mainly rage. He clambered over the cliff, leaping yet again at Serpentyne. He felt another pair of hands grip the front of his shoulders, pried them off, and promptly twisted it to an inconceivable degree. Taking the victim by injured hand, he lifted the player off of the ground and swung him wildly around him, making contact with several players. Serpentyne's face turned into abject horror, confirming Endark's success. The man ran for the next rock, stumbling and falling to his knees in landing. Endark thought nothing of what he did, or how he would feel. He no longer cared about himself; he only cared for ESocial. Pure emotion triggered his adrenaline, and he took a final dive at Serpentyne.
AWW ENNIE GOOOOOOOOO

Serpentyne began crying out for help, but all thoughts even mildly concerning mercy fled Endark's mind. Before the final player could jump for the next player, Endark tackled him to the ground, smashing his head against the rock as had been done to him.

Ruthlessly, Endark continued his assault, all hesitation replaced by the animalistic instinct of combat. His heel crashed into the fallen man's ribs, and an audible crunch could be heard. Serpentyne screamed in pain, his face soaked with blood, but Endark refused to--
DAMN WTF

"Stop!" A voice could be heard screaming. Endark whipped his head around, to find no one in sight. Was it another Mafioso?

Turning his attention back to the fallen player, Endark was surprised that the player was now dead. He now stared at his hands, oozing with gore, and his shoes were flowing with red as well.

Would Annie approve? He looked disdainfully at his hands, and cleaned them off on the ground. Well, maybe he went a little overkill...okay, maybe really overkill, but he still accomplished his NP goal.
OH ENNIE <3

Endark cleared his throat, and announced, "If you are Town, you have nothing to fear from me. However, if you are a surviving member of Mafia...or if you are TP..."

"I'm not, I'm not! I'm Town!" The player sounded scared, and sounded like a girl.

Endark hesitated, but refused to lower his guard. "Then...why are you targeting me?"

The girl took a deep breath. "I'm Watcher...and I saw the whole thing." She sounded nauseated.

Endark's face fell slightly. "So...are you scared of me?"

Much to his surprise, he heard laughter. After not stopping for several seconds, Endark joined in, albeit much more hysterically.

"Scared? You killed six people--five of who you couldn't even see--of course I'm scared!" The girl said between giggles.
AWW

Endark's face rearranged into shock. "Uhh...six? I killed all six of them?"

If he could have seen her, Endark could have bet the girl nodded. "Yeah. All six members of Mafia. In one night. Town's going to be in pandemonium when they see this..."

Endark sighed, swaying from exhaustion, and finally collapsing to his back. He heard rapid footsteps approaching him, but paid hardly any attention.

"Oh my gosh! Are you okay...?"

Endark struggled to get his phone out of his pocket, and switched it on. The timer read 00:19:59:43. In his role PM, a new message was added:

WHOEVER THAT GIRL IS SHE BETTER WATCH OUT -_-
ENNIE= MINE
Action successful. NP has ended. Prepare for DP2 in 20 hours.

Sighing, Endark shoved the phone back in his pocket, and lay spread-eagle on the ground. To say the least, he was exhausted from his physical exertion and adrenaline rush, and adjusted his arms beneath his head, looking up at the blood-red sky, now resembling the blood he had spilled.

However, a moon rose in the horizon, amidst all of the chaos. As he gazed at it fondly, his eyes fluttered closed.

Annie...I did it. I fought my hardest. For you.
*GRABS YOU AND KISSES YOU ENNIE*:
Three seconds later, he was fast asleep.

A/N: Poor Endark! I should have armed with a bar of soap to make it easier for him...but then he'd attack me with it later on. Anyway, that's it for chapter five, and I hope you enjoyed the story and are mollified for the time being! You better be, too, because I wrote for three hours non<x>stop. -.- I'll get to work on chapter six, but the good part's coming from around chapter ten. :P So stay tuned, and excuse me while I go follow Endark's example and go to sleep!
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 5:46:04 AM
Dude, that was awesome.

Like I told esocial. Your fanfics the best thriller.

I almost thought that scared girl was Annie.

Endark is really violent. First bar fights then killing 6 people at once.

I like it.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 6:00:25 AM
At 10/20/2014 11:06:54 PM, thett3 wrote:

Pressed ctrl alt f4 after reading the confirmation
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 6:12:34 AM
At 10/21/2014 5:46:04 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
Dude, that was awesome.

Why thank you! :D
LOL, Annie would probably slap him. XD
XD #overkill
I like it.
Glad you liked it!
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 5:37:15 PM
At 10/21/2014 6:12:34 AM, RevNge wrote:
Dude, that was awesome.

Plot twist: Rev fooled us all and the girl is actually Annie.
XD #overkill
I like it.
Glad you liked it!

I love it.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 5:43:32 PM
At 10/21/2014 5:37:15 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
At 10/21/2014 6:12:34 AM, RevNge wrote:
Dude, that was awesome.

Plot twist: Rev fooled us all and the girl is actually Annie.
Who knows? o3o
But seriously, it's not Annie. It's Material. :P
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 7:48:41 PM
At 10/20/2014 11:28:59 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

And now I'm Peeta.
If you're Peeta, I'll be your Katniss, but I'll actually be in love with you, and not pretend to be to survive. <3
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 8:16:20 PM
At 10/21/2014 7:48:41 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 10/20/2014 11:28:59 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

And now I'm Peeta.
If you're Peeta, I'll be your Katniss, but I'll actually be in love with you, and not pretend to be to survive. <3

https://33.media.tumblr.com...