Jump to topic:

I have an announcement

tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 9:39:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I contemplated putting this in the Personal forum but I think it belongs here more.

Many of you probably do not know who I am, but I joined DDO just about 5 years ago (under another username). Like many of you, I came across the site by accident, through a Google search, read a few debates and decided to join so that I could vote. Shortly thereafter, I discovered the forums, which I found to have really interesting and diverse ideas.

DDO has been integral in my growth as a person, in more ways than anyone can know.

But the most important part is Maikuru and I are engaged!

Maikuru has been a member on DDO for nearly 6 years if it hasn't be 6 years already. It's pretty crazy looking at old threads and seeing instances where we were both in the thread but not speaking directly to each other, or we crossed each other's paths in passing. He sent me a message almost 2 years ago and we've been inseparable ever since. If it weren't for DDO, a sheltered Nigerian-born Canadian girl would never have met some kid from Camden, New Jersey :p So thank you.

Despite not being active anymore, I felt I had to share a DDO-first <3
yang.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 9:41:05 PM
Congratulations to both of you! I wish you a wonderful life together. You are a perfect fit for each other, and I hope you can work out whatever issue there may arise.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 9:44:43 PM
Congratulations! So happy for you two :D
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 9:45:28 PM
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Score one once again for the internet!
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 9:45:55 PM
Who says there are no women on the internet?

Tulle is the love of my life and I am incredibly fortunate to have her. We wouldn't be here now if it wasn't for DDO. This site brought us together, so we both really want to thank everyone who has made this such a vibrant, inviting, and loving community. We may be the first DDO engagement, but we don't have to be the last!

A very special shout out to Danielle for a few personal touches that helped move us along.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 9:46:11 PM
At 10/21/2014 9:39:20 PM, tulle wrote:
I contemplated putting this in the Personal forum but I think it belongs here more.

Many of you probably do not know who I am, but I joined DDO just about 5 years ago (under another username). Like many of you, I came across the site by accident, through a Google search, read a few debates and decided to join so that I could vote. Shortly thereafter, I discovered the forums, which I found to have really interesting and diverse ideas.

DDO has been integral in my growth as a person, in more ways than anyone can know.

Maikuru has been a member on DDO for nearly 6 years if it hasn't be 6 years already. It's pretty crazy looking at old threads and seeing instances where we were both in the thread but not speaking directly to each other, or we crossed each other's paths in passing. He sent me a message almost 2 years ago and we've been inseparable ever since. If it weren't for DDO, a sheltered Nigerian-born Canadian girl would never have met some kid from Camden, New Jersey :p So thank you.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

CONGRATS!!!
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 9:46:13 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

That is awesome news. Best wishes for a stellar future!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 9:46:53 PM
At 10/21/2014 9:41:49 PM, SNP1 wrote:
Congrats to the two of you!
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 9:47:11 PM

Even though I do not know you, congratulations.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 9:47:28 PM
At 10/21/2014 9:41:05 PM, Mirza wrote:
Congratulations to both of you! I wish you a wonderful life together. You are a perfect fit for each other, and I hope you can work out whatever issue there may arise.

You put up a good fight there for a while. Thank you for keeping me on my toes.
- lamerde

tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 9:48:41 PM
At 10/21/2014 9:46:13 PM, bsh1 wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Thank you!!

I'm also very excited for both you and YYW :D I love when people make love connections in unexpected places.
yang.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 9:48:49 PM
Congrats to both of you.

It is a joy seeing that XD, two of the coolest and nicest people on DDO. You deserve each other.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 9:49:37 PM
I wish you the best - this is incredibly heartwarming. You're both good people.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 9:51:10 PM

Congrats!

Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 9:53:24 PM
At 10/21/2014 9:48:41 PM, tulle wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:46:13 PM, bsh1 wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Thank you!!

I know you two will have a wonderful future!

I'm also very excited for both you and YYW :D I love when people make love connections in unexpected places.

Thanks :) I honestly never thought I'd meet anyone like him on DDO...fate definitely enjoys surprises.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 10:01:04 PM
Thank you everyone for the well wishes! It really means a lot to us. It's nice to share some good news on DDO every once in a while =D
- lamerde

bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 10:02:06 PM

Congrats!! Loved you guys apart, but even better together.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 10:06:28 PM
At 10/21/2014 9:47:28 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 10/21/2014 9:41:05 PM, Mirza wrote:
You put up a good fight there for a while.
I concede my defeat. You should at least let me pick the wedding ring.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 10:36:19 PM
At 10/21/2014 10:30:31 PM, Malacoda wrote:
This is why I love DDO. Congrats!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 10:55:07 PM
Despite having rarely seen either of you on this Site, I congratulate you two on your upcoming marriage and also for successfully carrying out an internet romance.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 10:57:18 PM
At 10/21/2014 10:55:07 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Despite having rarely seen either of you on this Site, I congratulate you two on your upcoming marriage and also for successfully carrying out an internet romance.

This has nothing to do with this post, but I just love your username, Voice of Truth. :D
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam