Jump to topic:

Looking for someone to debate the PSR with

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2014 2:14:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
So I was looking for someone to debate the principle of sufficient reason with. I'm really not sure if I'll even have time for this debate right now, but I figured I'd throw the idea out there.

I'd be Pro.

Just looking to see who would be interested to debate this.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Roukezian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2014 2:51:28 PM
At 10/23/2014 2:14:59 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
So I was looking for someone to debate the principle of sufficient reason with. I'm really not sure if I'll even have time for this debate right now, but I figured I'd throw the idea out there.

I'd be Pro.

Hey Zmike. How are you bro? I wish I could but I'm busy with work and the fanfiction. Anyway, I'll make sure I read it.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2014 4:19:24 PM
Since the principle of sufficient reason seems to me to be an a priori concept, I can't imagine how one might defend it with arguments. So I might be willing to debate you on it as long as you assume the burden of proof. In other words, I wouldn't be required to prove that it's false, only to try to refute your arguments, showing that your arguments do not prove the PSR.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
UchihaMadara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2014 4:48:45 PM

I'd be Pro.

I ACCEPT DA CHALLENGE
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2014 8:46:22 PM

I'd be Pro.

I very much want to, but I'm in the same boat time wise.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2014 8:52:12 PM
At 10/23/2014 8:46:22 PM, phantom wrote:

I'd be Pro.

I very much want to, but I'm in the same boat time wise.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2014 9:51:33 AM

I'd be Pro.

I will take this if you desire a 2nd rematch...
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2014 9:53:33 AM

I'd be Pro.

I think I could give a pretty solid and complete negative case for this as I have read around it... If that helps me queue jump....