Jump to topic:

Looking for someone to debate the PSR with

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2014 2:14:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
So I was looking for someone to debate the principle of sufficient reason with. I'm really not sure if I'll even have time for this debate right now, but I figured I'd throw the idea out there.

I'd be Pro.

Just looking to see who would be interested to debate this.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Roukezian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2014 2:51:28 PM
At 10/23/2014 2:14:59 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
So I was looking for someone to debate the principle of sufficient reason with. I'm really not sure if I'll even have time for this debate right now, but I figured I'd throw the idea out there.

I'd be Pro.

Hey Zmike. How are you bro? I wish I could but I'm busy with work and the fanfiction. Anyway, I'll make sure I read it.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2014 4:19:24 PM
Since the principle of sufficient reason seems to me to be an a priori concept, I can't imagine how one might defend it with arguments. So I might be willing to debate you on it as long as you assume the burden of proof. In other words, I wouldn't be required to prove that it's false, only to try to refute your arguments, showing that your arguments do not prove the PSR.
"When a wise man has a controversy with a foolish man, the foolish man either rages or laughs, and there is no rest." ~Proverbs 29:9

"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
UchihaMadara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2014 4:48:45 PM

I'd be Pro.

I ACCEPT DA CHALLENGE
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2014 8:46:22 PM

I'd be Pro.

I very much want to, but I'm in the same boat time wise.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2014 8:52:12 PM
At 10/23/2014 8:46:22 PM, phantom wrote:

I'd be Pro.

I very much want to, but I'm in the same boat time wise.
Lying on the hill, crawling over the windowsill into your living room, they stare out, glass-eyed aimless heads, bodies torn by vultures. You are the man whose hands are rank with the smell of death. - Peter Hammill, "The Emperor in His War Room"
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2014 9:51:33 AM

I'd be Pro.

I will take this if you desire a 2nd rematch...
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2014 9:53:33 AM

I'd be Pro.

I think I could give a pretty solid and complete negative case for this as I have read around it... If that helps me queue jump....