Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

Atheist-Independent AMA

Atheist-Independent
Posts: 776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 10:48:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
As I am currently bored and have nothing better to do, I decided to make this thread. Given that almost nobody on this website actually knows who I am, this might actually turn out to be interesting.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 11:05:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/25/2014 10:48:34 PM, Atheist-Independent wrote:
As I am currently bored and have nothing better to do, I decided to make this thread. Given that almost nobody on this website actually knows who I am, this might actually turn out to be interesting.

Are you an atheist who in regards to political parties is an independent?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Atheist-Independent
Posts: 776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 11:08:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/25/2014 11:05:59 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 10/25/2014 10:48:34 PM, Atheist-Independent wrote:
As I am currently bored and have nothing better to do, I decided to make this thread. Given that almost nobody on this website actually knows who I am, this might actually turn out to be interesting.

Are you an atheist who in regards to political parties is an independent?

Yes
UchihaMadara
Posts: 1,049
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 11:53:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/25/2014 10:48:34 PM, Atheist-Independent wrote:
As I am currently bored and have nothing better to do, I decided to make this thread. Given that almost nobody on this website actually knows who I am, this might actually turn out to be interesting.

What are your top 3 favorite topics to debate?
Atheist-Independent
Posts: 776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 10:13:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/25/2014 11:35:56 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Who are you?

15 year old boy in New England. That's about as specific as I'm going to get.
Atheist-Independent
Posts: 776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 10:16:29 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/25/2014 11:53:32 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 10/25/2014 10:48:34 PM, Atheist-Independent wrote:
As I am currently bored and have nothing better to do, I decided to make this thread. Given that almost nobody on this website actually knows who I am, this might actually turn out to be interesting.

What are your top 3 favorite topics to debate?

1. Historical subjects
2. Global warming (pro)
3. Various political stuff, doesn't have to be about the US.
UchihaMadara
Posts: 1,049
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 10:21:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/26/2014 10:16:29 AM, Atheist-Independent wrote:
At 10/25/2014 11:53:32 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 10/25/2014 10:48:34 PM, Atheist-Independent wrote:
As I am currently bored and have nothing better to do, I decided to make this thread. Given that almost nobody on this website actually knows who I am, this might actually turn out to be interesting.

What are your top 3 favorite topics to debate?

1. Historical subjects

Do you believe the Thirty Years War was primarily religiously motivated?

2. Global warming (pro)

I've been wanting to do a debate on that, but I'm not very good at climate science...

3. Various political stuff, doesn't have to be about the US.

what are your top 3 political stuff topics? :P
Atheist-Independent
Posts: 776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 10:32:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/26/2014 10:21:00 AM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 10/26/2014 10:16:29 AM, Atheist-Independent wrote:
At 10/25/2014 11:53:32 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 10/25/2014 10:48:34 PM, Atheist-Independent wrote:
As I am currently bored and have nothing better to do, I decided to make this thread. Given that almost nobody on this website actually knows who I am, this might actually turn out to be interesting.

What are your top 3 favorite topics to debate?

1. Historical subjects

Do you believe the Thirty Years War was primarily religiously motivated?

Partially, at least. I think that it started out more or less a war between Catholics and Protestants. Especially when the Protestants threw the Catholic lords out of a window in the Defenestration of Prague. However, certain events are certainly inspired by political reasons. For example, when Louis XIV entered France, a completely Catholic nation, onto the side of the Protestants, it was clear that he was doing so not as a religious reason, but to destroy the power of the Hapsburgs in the Holy Roman Empire and in Spain.

2. Global warming (pro)

I've been wanting to do a debate on that, but I'm not very good at climate science...

3. Various political stuff, doesn't have to be about the US.

what are your top 3 political stuff topics? :P

1. Should Scotland become independent? (Con)
2. Death penalty (pro/con)
3. Falkland Islands/ Gibraltar crisis.
Atheist-Independent
Posts: 776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 10:37:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/26/2014 10:34:22 AM, 18Karl wrote:
What, in your opinion, is the best justification for religious faith?

Forced conversion/ ignorance.
18Karl
Posts: 351
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 10:38:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/26/2014 10:37:40 AM, Atheist-Independent wrote:
At 10/26/2014 10:34:22 AM, 18Karl wrote:
What, in your opinion, is the best justification for religious faith?

Forced conversion/ ignorance.

O: That is some tough atheist rhetoric you have there, my friend. What is your opinion on organic causes of revelations?
praise the lord Chin Chin
Atheist-Independent
Posts: 776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 10:40:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/26/2014 10:38:46 AM, 18Karl wrote:
At 10/26/2014 10:37:40 AM, Atheist-Independent wrote:
At 10/26/2014 10:34:22 AM, 18Karl wrote:
What, in your opinion, is the best justification for religious faith?

Forced conversion/ ignorance.

O: That is some tough atheist rhetoric you have there, my friend. What is your opinion on organic causes of revelations?

I've never heard of that. Could you clarify what you mean by that?
18Karl
Posts: 351
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 10:41:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/26/2014 10:40:34 AM, Atheist-Independent wrote:
At 10/26/2014 10:38:46 AM, 18Karl wrote:
At 10/26/2014 10:37:40 AM, Atheist-Independent wrote:
At 10/26/2014 10:34:22 AM, 18Karl wrote:
What, in your opinion, is the best justification for religious faith?

Forced conversion/ ignorance.

O: That is some tough atheist rhetoric you have there, my friend. What is your opinion on organic causes of revelations?

I've never heard of that. Could you clarify what you mean by that?

Neurological causes for divine revelations. i.e Jesus was a hysteric etc.
praise the lord Chin Chin
Atheist-Independent
Posts: 776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 10:47:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/26/2014 10:41:23 AM, 18Karl wrote:
At 10/26/2014 10:40:34 AM, Atheist-Independent wrote:
At 10/26/2014 10:38:46 AM, 18Karl wrote:
At 10/26/2014 10:37:40 AM, Atheist-Independent wrote:
At 10/26/2014 10:34:22 AM, 18Karl wrote:
What, in your opinion, is the best justification for religious faith?

Forced conversion/ ignorance.

O: That is some tough atheist rhetoric you have there, my friend. What is your opinion on organic causes of revelations?

I've never heard of that. Could you clarify what you mean by that?

Neurological causes for divine revelations. i.e Jesus was a hysteric etc.

Oh. I'm not sure that Jesus himself was insane, however I think that he convinced himself that he actually was the son of god and that he had to be crucified to save the world (or something like that). Possibly because he had so many devoted followers who were convinced themselves of these things. However, I do believe that someone like Joan of Arc was schizophrenic.

I generally believe that the most radical of religious people are not truly religious at all and they are simply using it to justify their acts or to gain fame and wealth.
18Karl
Posts: 351
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 10:48:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/26/2014 10:47:00 AM, Atheist-Independent wrote:
At 10/26/2014 10:41:23 AM, 18Karl wrote:
At 10/26/2014 10:40:34 AM, Atheist-Independent wrote:
At 10/26/2014 10:38:46 AM, 18Karl wrote:
At 10/26/2014 10:37:40 AM, Atheist-Independent wrote:
At 10/26/2014 10:34:22 AM, 18Karl wrote:
What, in your opinion, is the best justification for religious faith?

Forced conversion/ ignorance.

O: That is some tough atheist rhetoric you have there, my friend. What is your opinion on organic causes of revelations?

I've never heard of that. Could you clarify what you mean by that?

Neurological causes for divine revelations. i.e Jesus was a hysteric etc.

Oh. I'm not sure that Jesus himself was insane, however I think that he convinced himself that he actually was the son of god and that he had to be crucified to save the world (or something like that). Possibly because he had so many devoted followers who were convinced themselves of these things. However, I do believe that someone like Joan of Arc was schizophrenic.

I generally believe that the most radical of religious people are not truly religious at all and they are simply using it to justify their acts or to gain fame and wealth.

Interesting thought. Last question: if you died, and your soul went to the afterlife, and you saw that YHWH was an actual God, what would you first say to him?
praise the lord Chin Chin
Atheist-Independent
Posts: 776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 10:50:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/26/2014 10:48:23 AM, 18Karl wrote:
At 10/26/2014 10:47:00 AM, Atheist-Independent wrote:
At 10/26/2014 10:41:23 AM, 18Karl wrote:
At 10/26/2014 10:40:34 AM, Atheist-Independent wrote:
At 10/26/2014 10:38:46 AM, 18Karl wrote:
At 10/26/2014 10:37:40 AM, Atheist-Independent wrote:
At 10/26/2014 10:34:22 AM, 18Karl wrote:
What, in your opinion, is the best justification for religious faith?

Forced conversion/ ignorance.

O: That is some tough atheist rhetoric you have there, my friend. What is your opinion on organic causes of revelations?

I've never heard of that. Could you clarify what you mean by that?

Neurological causes for divine revelations. i.e Jesus was a hysteric etc.

Oh. I'm not sure that Jesus himself was insane, however I think that he convinced himself that he actually was the son of god and that he had to be crucified to save the world (or something like that). Possibly because he had so many devoted followers who were convinced themselves of these things. However, I do believe that someone like Joan of Arc was schizophrenic.

I generally believe that the most radical of religious people are not truly religious at all and they are simply using it to justify their acts or to gain fame and wealth.

Interesting thought. Last question: if you died, and your soul went to the afterlife, and you saw that YHWH was an actual God, what would you first say to him?

I would probably call him/her/it a complete d-bag, and then ask for forgiveness so that I could go to heaven.