Jump to topic:

Remember me, DDO? (Prologue)

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 1:39:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
The world was shaking, every fiber of his being was in constant tremor. An eye cracked open, and light flooded his vision. He worked the other eye open before sitting up, taking in the full depth of where he was.

And where he was wasn't pretty.

He appeared to be in some sort of cavern. The ceiling of the cavern was collapsing in, showering the area with rocks and debris. Below him was some sort of platform where someone was laying unconscious. He tried to remember who was down there, but his mind came back with a blank.

While he had a second of spare time, he tried to remember back to anything he could remember. He couldn't recall where he was, who he was, what he was doing here, or anything about himself. The only thing he knew about himself is that his head hurt like hell.

He sat up a little bit to get a better look around when a figure approached him. He reached to see if he recognized the female, but he could not recall if he did.

"Thett! Thett! Are you okay?" She asked, getting down on one knee to inspect him for any serious injuries.

Thett? Was that him? The name didn't seem familiar, but then again nothing did right now. "Uh, who are you?" He asked simply.

The look on her face was one of confusion. He took a second in her confusion to study her and he had to admit: she wasn't hard on the eyes. Tall, slender, a rich brown color to her eyes. A badge of some sort was on her hip, and a gun of some kind was in her hand. A definite hottie.

"Me? I'm Inspector Royalpaladin."

That would explain the badge and the gun. Still doesn't explain why he doesn't remember her, when she clearly knows him.

"Aaaaand, who am I?" He asked, trying to make some sense of all of this.

The inspector paused for a second, trying to determine how she wanted to play it. "You're...my partner! Constable Thett3!"

The explanation made sense to Thett. It would explain the badge Royal wore, her knowing him, and them being here together. The female inspector offered the constable her hand, and he took it to get onto his feet.

"Well, Inspector, we'd better get moving. This place looks like it's about to collapse!" He said, as they both moved for a hole in the side of the wall.

------- Six Months Later -------

Constable Thett3 looked out over the Paris skyline, taking in the beauty of the skyrises and the sunset blanketing the sky with a orange and purple hue. He took a sip of the champagne in his hand, and thought back on his work as he heard the door open behind him.

"The party wearing out on you?"

Thett turned around and smiled as his partner, Inspector Royalpaladin, swayed to his side, looking stunning in a formal black dress. "They are throwing this party in our honor, you know."

Thett shrugged and smiled a little. "As much of a fan as I am of formalities and festivities, some quiet time is always appreciated. Besides, the view is lovely from here."

Royal placed her hands on the railing, looking out at the view. With the breeze fluttering her hair and the sunset light bathing her skin with a glorious, golden glow, Thett found himself a little short of breath.

All of a sudden his mind was flooded with a barrage of images, visions, of a time long gone. Places, feelings, scents, of a place long past. A land of lava, a pair of glowing red eyes, burning with hatred and rage. The feeling of fear, honest to goodness fear. They were coming closer. They were almost on him.

"Thett! Thett! Are you okay?"

The next thing he knew he was being shaken back to consciousness by a worried Inspector Royal. Once Thett was back awake and on his feet her tension visibly eased, but her face was still filled with concern. "The headaches are back?" She asked, her hand still on his arm.

All Thett could do was nod. "I suppose so." He hated lying to her. He wanted to tell her that it wasn't really blinding headaches that assaulted him at random times, but images and visions of something, of someone. He wanted to tell her the truth, but it was so odd, so unusual, that he didn't know how to explain it. So he didn't.

Royal took Thett's hands in hers. "Come on, Thett. Lets go so you can get some rest." She spoke, a small, sly smile on her lips.

Thett just laughed. Whether awake or asleep with her, rest was something that never happened.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 1:40:43 AM
Yes, I know the whole Thett + Royal thing has been driven into the ground. But I just don't see Thett + Cermank working.

And Yes, thett, I know this isn't some super secret character that you wanted, but it's the main character so suck it up princess.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 1:44:07 AM
At 10/26/2014 1:40:43 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Yes, I know the whole Thett + Royal thing has been driven into the ground. But I just don't see Thett + Cermank working.
DAMMMMNNNNN

And Yes, thett, I know this isn't some super secret character that you wanted, but it's the main character so suck it up princess.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 1:44:37 AM

yer jus jealous thett likes me more than he likes you

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 1:44:38 AM
I shipped thett and cermanky tho ;-<
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 2:18:37 AM
Haha yay main character!

And hey, Cermank and I are totally a thing <3

You gotta wonder what percentage of the people here still know who Royal is other than a vague abstraction as Thett's girlfriend in fanfictions. Kinda funny how even after basically not being a member of the site for a year she is still a figure in DDO culture in a way
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 5:37:37 AM
I love this!

I can easily imagine royal and I like the mystery of thett's amnesia. Intriguing and interesting.

Im subbing this!
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 11:37:12 AM

wow lolz
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10