Jump to topic:

Repetitive Forum Topics

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 4:58:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I can't stand the science forum and the political forum right now. They're repulsive.

This is because all of the topics are about the same damn things. If you want to talk about capitalism vs communism, don't create the umpteenth topic about it this week: I would like to see other political debates in the politics forum. For science it's topics regarding whether evolution is an evil lie/hoax to make the population "sinful" and other related crap that simply doesn't belong in the science forum.

What I'm saying is: don't create exact copies of another member's topic/other members' topics: especially when they're still in the 1st page for that particular forum.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 5:19:34 PM
At 10/27/2014 4:58:46 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I can't stand the science forum and the political forum right now. They're repulsive.

This is because all of the topics are about the same damn things. If you want to talk about capitalism vs communism, don't create the umpteenth topic about it this week: I would like to see other political debates in the politics forum. For science it's topics regarding whether evolution is an evil lie/hoax to make the population "sinful" and other related crap that simply doesn't belong in the science forum.

What I'm saying is: don't create exact copies of another member's topic/other members' topics: especially when they're still in the 1st page for that particular forum.

oh, what a shame that you don't like 'em.
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10
Atheist-Independent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 6:48:28 PM

What would you like to discuss instead?
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 7:05:42 PM
At 10/27/2014 6:48:28 PM, Atheist-Independent wrote:

I have no problem with them being discussed, but people aren't talking about other things that probably should be discussed: rather opting for endless bickering over topics about whether or not capitalism is good. There was a shooting in the Canadian Parliament: maybe we should'be talked about it. Did we? I didn't see one thread about it. And there must be topics that are actually scientific that could be discussed. Young Earth Creationists plague the science forum with topics about the evilness of the pseudoscience of evolution. I think these are examples of a legitimate problem of repetitiveness in our discussions.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Atheist-Independent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 7:08:24 PM
At 10/27/2014 7:05:42 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 10/27/2014 6:48:28 PM, Atheist-Independent wrote:

I have no problem with them being discussed, but people aren't talking about other things that probably should be discussed: rather opting for endless bickering over topics about whether or not capitalism is good. There was a shooting in the Canadian Parliament: maybe we should'be talked about it. Did we? I didn't see one thread about it. And there must be topics that are actually scientific that could be discussed. Young Earth Creationists plague the science forum with topics about the evilness of the pseudoscience of evolution. I think these are examples of a legitimate problem of repetitiveness in our discussions.

I think that one reason why none of these things are discussed in the forums is that there are not enough members who are active in the forums. I'd be willing to wager that 80% of the active members on this site have never been/posted on the forums.

I suggest that if you so desperately want to discuss these things either start a forum thread about them yourself or start a debate.