Total Posts:86|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Jimtimmy Party

jimtimmy4
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 6:48:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'd like to announce the formation of the Jimtimmy Party. We stand for freedom and jobs and will bring prosperity to DDO. We are fairly libertarian but also nationalistic in our pro DDO mantra.

That's all for now. More to come.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,290
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 7:43:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/29/2014 6:48:26 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
I'd like to announce the formation of the Jimtimmy Party. We stand for freedom and jobs and will bring prosperity to DDO. We are fairly libertarian but also nationalistic in our pro DDO mantra.

That's all for now. More to come.

If it was the Jimmytimmy party I might consider it, but Jimtimmy just doesn't have the same cachet.
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 8:40:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/29/2014 6:48:26 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
I'd like to announce the formation of the Jimtimmy Party. We stand for freedom and jobs and will bring prosperity to DDO. We are fairly libertarian but also nationalistic in our pro DDO mantra.

That's all for now. More to come.

Explain how you intend to do so.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
jimtimmy4
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 8:43:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/29/2014 7:32:37 PM, Wylted wrote:
I'm in. I want to be the public relations guy.

What are your qualifications?
jimtimmy4
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 8:44:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/29/2014 8:23:41 PM, Garbanza wrote:
I'm in. I want to be the men's rights advocate.

The Jimtimmy Party takes an anti feminist stance, but does not affiliate with men's rights. Would you be interested in being head of anti feminism
Garbanza
Posts: 1,997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 8:46:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/29/2014 8:44:24 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/29/2014 8:23:41 PM, Garbanza wrote:
I'm in. I want to be the men's rights advocate.

The Jimtimmy Party takes an anti feminist stance, but does not affiliate with men's rights. Would you be interested in being head of anti feminism

Yes. I'll handle that.
jimtimmy4
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 8:48:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/29/2014 8:46:33 PM, Garbanza wrote:
At 10/29/2014 8:44:24 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/29/2014 8:23:41 PM, Garbanza wrote:
I'm in. I want to be the men's rights advocate.

The Jimtimmy Party takes an anti feminist stance, but does not affiliate with men's rights. Would you be interested in being head of anti feminism

Yes. I'll handle that.

Good. You're hired.
Garbanza
Posts: 1,997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 8:48:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/29/2014 8:44:24 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/29/2014 8:23:41 PM, Garbanza wrote:
I'm in. I want to be the men's rights advocate.

The Jimtimmy Party takes an anti feminist stance, but does not affiliate with men's rights. Would you be interested in being head of anti feminism

Although, tbh, I really fancy being a men's rights advocate. Please reconsider your position on men's rights.
jimtimmy4
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 8:51:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/29/2014 8:48:33 PM, Garbanza wrote:
At 10/29/2014 8:44:24 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/29/2014 8:23:41 PM, Garbanza wrote:
I'm in. I want to be the men's rights advocate.

The Jimtimmy Party takes an anti feminist stance, but does not affiliate with men's rights. Would you be interested in being head of anti feminism

Although, tbh, I really fancy being a men's rights advocate. Please reconsider your position on men's rights.

Im strongly anti feminist but have never been thrilled with the MRM. Mostly because they seem like reverse feminists or "masculinists". Am I wrong?
Garbanza
Posts: 1,997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 8:58:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/29/2014 8:51:36 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/29/2014 8:48:33 PM, Garbanza wrote:
At 10/29/2014 8:44:24 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/29/2014 8:23:41 PM, Garbanza wrote:
I'm in. I want to be the men's rights advocate.

The Jimtimmy Party takes an anti feminist stance, but does not affiliate with men's rights. Would you be interested in being head of anti feminism

Although, tbh, I really fancy being a men's rights advocate. Please reconsider your position on men's rights.

Im strongly anti feminist but have never been thrilled with the MRM. Mostly because they seem like reverse feminists or "masculinists". Am I wrong?

No, I don't think you're wrong. But then, what's your reason for being an anti-feminist?
jimtimmy4
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 9:04:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/29/2014 8:58:13 PM, Garbanza wrote:
At 10/29/2014 8:51:36 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/29/2014 8:48:33 PM, Garbanza wrote:
At 10/29/2014 8:44:24 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/29/2014 8:23:41 PM, Garbanza wrote:
I'm in. I want to be the men's rights advocate.

The Jimtimmy Party takes an anti feminist stance, but does not affiliate with men's rights. Would you be interested in being head of anti feminism

Although, tbh, I really fancy being a men's rights advocate. Please reconsider your position on men's rights.

Im strongly anti feminist but have never been thrilled with the MRM. Mostly because they seem like reverse feminists or "masculinists". Am I wrong?

No, I don't think you're wrong. But then, what's your reason for being an anti-feminist?

My reason for being an anti feminist is simple: Feminist are wrong about virtually all their claims and assumptions:

1.) The Pay Gap - Entirely Explained by differences in hours worked, life choices, etc. Not discrimination

2.) "Rape Culture" - Feminists claim rape is somehow not about sex which is patently absurd. Rape is ENTIRELY about sex. Plus, they exaggerate, quite dramatically, the amount of rape that occurs while understating how common false accusations are

3.) Biology - I'm somebody who bases a lot of my worldview on biology. And, feminists seem intent on suggesting, against all evidence, that men and women are the exact same in the mind and all differences come from socialization. This is ridiculous and totally discredited by science. Gender has a biological basis and is not a social construct

4.) Male Privilege- Doesn't exist.

5.) Dishonesty - Feminists claim to be about fighting the privilege of men yet aim all their anger at the least advantaged men. "Street Harassment", for example, is committed almost entirely by poor, non white men. Feminists really hate beta males (poor and ugly men) and use feminism as a cover for this hate.

6.) Gender roles, like gender, are based in biology and trying to eliminate them is pointless.
jimtimmy4
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 9:09:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/29/2014 9:04:47 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/29/2014 8:58:13 PM, Garbanza wrote:
At 10/29/2014 8:51:36 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/29/2014 8:48:33 PM, Garbanza wrote:
At 10/29/2014 8:44:24 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/29/2014 8:23:41 PM, Garbanza wrote:
I'm in. I want to be the men's rights advocate.

The Jimtimmy Party takes an anti feminist stance, but does not affiliate with men's rights. Would you be interested in being head of anti feminism

Although, tbh, I really fancy being a men's rights advocate. Please reconsider your position on men's rights.

Im strongly anti feminist but have never been thrilled with the MRM. Mostly because they seem like reverse feminists or "masculinists". Am I wrong?

No, I don't think you're wrong. But then, what's your reason for being an anti-feminist?

My reason for being an anti feminist is simple: Feminist are wrong about virtually all their claims and assumptions:

1.) The Pay Gap - Entirely Explained by differences in hours worked, life choices, etc. Not discrimination

2.) "Rape Culture" - Feminists claim rape is somehow not about sex which is patently absurd. Rape is ENTIRELY about sex. Plus, they exaggerate, quite dramatically, the amount of rape that occurs while understating how common false accusations are

3.) Biology - I'm somebody who bases a lot of my worldview on biology. And, feminists seem intent on suggesting, against all evidence, that men and women are the exact same in the mind and all differences come from socialization. This is ridiculous and totally discredited by science. Gender has a biological basis and is not a social construct

4.) Male Privilege- Doesn't exist.

5.) Dishonesty - Feminists claim to be about fighting the privilege of men yet aim all their anger at the least advantaged men. "Street Harassment", for example, is committed almost entirely by poor, non white men. Feminists really hate beta males (poor and ugly men) and use feminism as a cover for this hate.

6.) Gender roles, like gender, are based in biology and trying to eliminate them is pointless.

There are many, many more reasons BTW. This are just some big ones.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 9:17:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/29/2014 8:43:40 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/29/2014 7:32:37 PM, Wylted wrote:
I'm in. I want to be the public relations guy.

What are your qualifications?

I'm a white guy and the only one interested in doing it
Zaradi
Posts: 14,127
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 9:19:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/29/2014 9:04:47 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
Gender has a biological basis and is not a social construct


I'd actually debate you on this.

Resolved: Genders are not social constructs.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Garbanza
Posts: 1,997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 9:19:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/29/2014 9:04:47 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/29/2014 8:58:13 PM, Garbanza wrote:
At 10/29/2014 8:51:36 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/29/2014 8:48:33 PM, Garbanza wrote:
At 10/29/2014 8:44:24 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/29/2014 8:23:41 PM, Garbanza wrote:
I'm in. I want to be the men's rights advocate.

The Jimtimmy Party takes an anti feminist stance, but does not affiliate with men's rights. Would you be interested in being head of anti feminism

Although, tbh, I really fancy being a men's rights advocate. Please reconsider your position on men's rights.

Im strongly anti feminist but have never been thrilled with the MRM. Mostly because they seem like reverse feminists or "masculinists". Am I wrong?

No, I don't think you're wrong. But then, what's your reason for being an anti-feminist?

My reason for being an anti feminist is simple: Feminist are wrong about virtually all their claims and assumptions:

1.) The Pay Gap - Entirely Explained by differences in hours worked, life choices, etc. Not discrimination

you think that pay is proportional to effort? I'm on board with this, because even if it's not true, it should be. :)

2.) "Rape Culture" - Feminists claim rape is somehow not about sex which is patently absurd. Rape is ENTIRELY about sex. Plus, they exaggerate, quite dramatically, the amount of rape that occurs while understating how common false accusations are

There's this argument you hear (mostly from prostitution advocates) that rape is negatively proportional to how available sex is. The idea is that if men don't get enough sex, and they get frustrated enough, they'll end up raping someone. I don't think that's true. Rape is about something OTHER than that.

3.) Biology - I'm somebody who bases a lot of my worldview on biology. And, feminists seem intent on suggesting, against all evidence, that men and women are the exact same in the mind and all differences come from socialization. This is ridiculous and totally discredited by science. Gender has a biological basis and is not a social construct

okay.

4.) Male Privilege- Doesn't exist.

okay.

5.) Dishonesty - Feminists claim to be about fighting the privilege of men yet aim all their anger at the least advantaged men. "Street Harassment", for example, is committed almost entirely by poor, non white men. Feminists really hate beta males (poor and ugly men) and use feminism as a cover for this hate.

Interesting. I really like this point, although I think there's more to it.

6.) Gender roles, like gender, are based in biology and trying to eliminate them is pointless.

Then why are you against men's rights? This all seems consistent with male rights advocacy.

I
jimtimmy4
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 9:21:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/29/2014 9:19:06 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 10/29/2014 9:04:47 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
Gender has a biological basis and is not a social construct


I'd actually debate you on this.

Resolved: Genders are not social constructs.

Hired.
Zaradi
Posts: 14,127
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 9:22:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/29/2014 9:21:06 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/29/2014 9:19:06 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 10/29/2014 9:04:47 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
Gender has a biological basis and is not a social construct


I'd actually debate you on this.

Resolved: Genders are not social constructs.

Hired.

Wait, does that mean you're going to debate me...?
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
jimtimmy4
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 9:22:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/29/2014 9:19:06 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 10/29/2014 9:04:47 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
Gender has a biological basis and is not a social construct


I'd actually debate you on this.

Resolved: Genders are not social constructs.

Define "gender" and "social constructs" and I'm down
jimtimmy4
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 9:22:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/29/2014 9:17:12 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/29/2014 8:43:40 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/29/2014 7:32:37 PM, Wylted wrote:
I'm in. I want to be the public relations guy.

What are your qualifications?

I'm a white guy and the only one interested in doing it

Hired
Zaradi
Posts: 14,127
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 9:22:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/29/2014 9:22:01 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/29/2014 9:19:06 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 10/29/2014 9:04:47 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
Gender has a biological basis and is not a social construct


I'd actually debate you on this.

Resolved: Genders are not social constructs.




Define "gender" and "social constructs" and I'm down

Gender - male or female (ignoring all the cisgender bullsh*t for simplicity)

social construct - a construct created by society (lol)
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
jimtimmy4
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 9:23:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/29/2014 9:22:00 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 10/29/2014 9:21:06 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/29/2014 9:19:06 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 10/29/2014 9:04:47 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
Gender has a biological basis and is not a social construct


I'd actually debate you on this.

Resolved: Genders are not social constructs.

Hired.

Wait, does that mean you're going to debate me...?

Sorry. I meant to write that to Wylted. To the debate, I will if we can agree on definitions of gender and social constructs first.
jimtimmy4
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 9:24:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/29/2014 9:22:55 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 10/29/2014 9:22:01 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/29/2014 9:19:06 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 10/29/2014 9:04:47 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
Gender has a biological basis and is not a social construct


I'd actually debate you on this.

Resolved: Genders are not social constructs.




Define "gender" and "social constructs" and I'm down

Gender - male or female (ignoring all the cisgender bullsh*t for simplicity)

social construct - a construct created by society (lol)

Also. I'd like to make clear that I am not saying gender is entirely biological. Of course there is a social aspect, but biology plays a role too. You're arguing that it is entirely a social construct, correct?
Zaradi
Posts: 14,127
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 9:25:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/29/2014 9:24:17 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/29/2014 9:22:55 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 10/29/2014 9:22:01 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/29/2014 9:19:06 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 10/29/2014 9:04:47 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
Gender has a biological basis and is not a social construct


I'd actually debate you on this.

Resolved: Genders are not social constructs.




Define "gender" and "social constructs" and I'm down

Gender - male or female (ignoring all the cisgender bullsh*t for simplicity)

social construct - a construct created by society (lol)

Also. I'd like to make clear that I am not saying gender is entirely biological. Of course there is a social aspect, but biology plays a role too. You're arguing that it is entirely a social construct, correct?

Outside of we use the biological part of our innie-outtie willies to make the societal distinction? Yeah.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Posts: 14,127
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 9:25:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/29/2014 9:24:17 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/29/2014 9:22:55 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 10/29/2014 9:22:01 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/29/2014 9:19:06 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 10/29/2014 9:04:47 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
Gender has a biological basis and is not a social construct


I'd actually debate you on this.

Resolved: Genders are not social constructs.




Define "gender" and "social constructs" and I'm down

Gender - male or female (ignoring all the cisgender bullsh*t for simplicity)

social construct - a construct created by society (lol)

Also. I'd like to make clear that I am not saying gender is entirely biological. Of course there is a social aspect, but biology plays a role too. You're arguing that it is entirely a social construct, correct?

In essense I'm saying that the labeling of male and female on penis and vagina is entirely arbitrary, thus making it a social construct. An arbitrary one, but one nonetheless.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
jimtimmy4
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 9:28:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/29/2014 9:19:50 PM, Garbanza wrote:
At 10/29/2014 9:04:47 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/29/2014 8:58:13 PM, Garbanza wrote:
At 10/29/2014 8:51:36 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/29/2014 8:48:33 PM, Garbanza wrote:
At 10/29/2014 8:44:24 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/29/2014 8:23:41 PM, Garbanza wrote:
I'm in. I want to be the men's rights advocate.

The Jimtimmy Party takes an anti feminist stance, but does not affiliate with men's rights. Would you be interested in being head of anti feminism

Although, tbh, I really fancy being a men's rights advocate. Please reconsider your position on men's rights.

Im strongly anti feminist but have never been thrilled with the MRM. Mostly because they seem like reverse feminists or "masculinists". Am I wrong?

No, I don't think you're wrong. But then, what's your reason for being an anti-feminist?

My reason for being an anti feminist is simple: Feminist are wrong about virtually all their claims and assumptions:

1.) The Pay Gap - Entirely Explained by differences in hours worked, life choices, etc. Not discrimination

you think that pay is proportional to effort? I'm on board with this, because even if it's not true, it should be. :)

Not just effort. Risk taking, relevant skills, etc. All market factors that determine value.


2.) "Rape Culture" - Feminists claim rape is somehow not about sex which is patently absurd. Rape is ENTIRELY about sex. Plus, they exaggerate, quite dramatically, the amount of rape that occurs while understating how common false accusations are

There's this argument you hear (mostly from prostitution advocates) that rape is negatively proportional to how available sex is. The idea is that if men don't get enough sex, and they get frustrated enough, they'll end up raping someone. I don't think that's true. Rape is about something OTHER than that.

I don't think there is a negative relationship between availability of sex and rape. I actually think there is a positive relationship. Why?

Because in a sexually repressed society men learn how to control urges. But, in a society that is "sex positive", men that don't get any won't be nearly as restrained and rape will take place.

It's still about sex though and feminists who say that how a woman dresses/ acts doesn't affect her chances of being raped are just wrong.


3.) Biology - I'm somebody who bases a lot of my worldview on biology. And, feminists seem intent on suggesting, against all evidence, that men and women are the exact same in the mind and all differences come from socialization. This is ridiculous and totally discredited by science. Gender has a biological basis and is not a social construct

okay.

4.) Male Privilege- Doesn't exist.

okay.

5.) Dishonesty - Feminists claim to be about fighting the privilege of men yet aim all their anger at the least advantaged men. "Street Harassment", for example, is committed almost entirely by poor, non white men. Feminists really hate beta males (poor and ugly men) and use feminism as a cover for this hate.

Interesting. I really like this point, although I think there's more to it.

6.) Gender roles, like gender, are based in biology and trying to eliminate them is pointless.

Then why are you against men's rights? This all seems consistent with male rights advocacy.

I

Basically. From what I understand, men's rights activists tend to be opposed to male gender roles and think men are more oppressed.

I don't think either gender is oppressed and I don't have a problem with gender roles.
jimtimmy4
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 9:29:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/29/2014 9:25:51 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 10/29/2014 9:24:17 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/29/2014 9:22:55 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 10/29/2014 9:22:01 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/29/2014 9:19:06 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 10/29/2014 9:04:47 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
Gender has a biological basis and is not a social construct


I'd actually debate you on this.

Resolved: Genders are not social constructs.




Define "gender" and "social constructs" and I'm down

Gender - male or female (ignoring all the cisgender bullsh*t for simplicity)

social construct - a construct created by society (lol)

Also. I'd like to make clear that I am not saying gender is entirely biological. Of course there is a social aspect, but biology plays a role too. You're arguing that it is entirely a social construct, correct?

In essense I'm saying that the labeling of male and female on penis and vagina is entirely arbitrary, thus making it a social construct. An arbitrary one, but one nonetheless.

Alright. I'm down.
Garbanza
Posts: 1,997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 9:30:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/29/2014 9:25:51 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 10/29/2014 9:24:17 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/29/2014 9:22:55 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 10/29/2014 9:22:01 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 10/29/2014 9:19:06 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 10/29/2014 9:04:47 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
Gender has a biological basis and is not a social construct


I'd actually debate you on this.

Resolved: Genders are not social constructs.




Define "gender" and "social constructs" and I'm down

Gender - male or female (ignoring all the cisgender bullsh*t for simplicity)

social construct - a construct created by society (lol)

Also. I'd like to make clear that I am not saying gender is entirely biological. Of course there is a social aspect, but biology plays a role too. You're arguing that it is entirely a social construct, correct?

In essense I'm saying that the labeling of male and female on penis and vagina is entirely arbitrary, thus making it a social construct. An arbitrary one, but one nonetheless.

I insist on taking this debate as the official anti-feminist of the party.
UchihaMadara
Posts: 1,049
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2014 9:31:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/29/2014 7:32:37 PM, Wylted wrote:
I'm in. I want to be the public relations guy.

For some reason I read that as "I want all public relations to be gay"