Jump to topic:

A Game of DDO: Chapter 2 (fanfiction)

Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 7:34:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
A/N: This chapter was made in honour of a member who recently left. May she find peace and happiness in her life. I am not quite sure if she would be happy reading this so I can only hope she doesn't. I respect her dearly though, that will never change.

And so here is my second instalment of A Game of DDO! Spoiler alert: If you're one of the people who signed up, I'm sorry to say that you won't appear until much later. I want to build my story first and have a framework before adding a lot more characters. Thank you for understanding. :)

Enjoy!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Two fortnights ago, in the lands of Dorgon, the homelands of the Apaxis, beyond the Illiquiria mountains and the River Blood.

She stood there pondering. Which of the men before her should die today? The left huntsman on the left? Or the guardsman on the right?

They were in an open field. A famous field. Popularly called, "The Dragon's Pit". Zarroete was sure it was named that way for more vulgar reasons. But, of course, the real reason was obvious. Firstly, there was a pit, right in the field. And Zarroete was only a few dozen feet away from falling into it. Secondly, it was more of a chasm than a pit. Like the ground was split into two by some mighty beast. Or a dragon.

The fall looked to be more than a 500 foot drop, and no end could be seen. Just an empty darkness staring back at you. Legends say the chasm was a den for dragons. A sort of nest where they could hide from humans. A time when dark magic was used to kill the beasts. And a terrible time for dragons indeed, Zarroete chuckled. She hated dragons. They stole your cattle and burned your houses, what a bunch of a**es.

Zarroete, the Jepalot - or in common tongue; the queen - had two men before her. One was a guilty huntsman who killed a family of four. The other was a guardsman caught helping the huntsman.

The Apaxis, who were Zarroete"s followers, told her only one could be killed for their crimes. They were a tribal and religious group of people. They lived in huts and villages and killed their own game. Most of the Apaxis were dark skinned, though some were whiter than others.

"Jepaloti, rena nen got tokaili. Notari khali. "My queen, to kill more than one man a day, is but a sin, her counselor told her on one fine day.

Zarroete wanted to laugh then. Laugh at their religion and beliefs. Mock them for telling her what to do. But her followers were fresh and new. She could not lose their loyalty so soon. Or she"ll be back scrubbing the palace floors again.

"Then I, your new Jepalot, promise never to kill more than one man a day." She told him in Apaxi.

Yama Von Karma, her loyal adviser and official Apaxi counselor, smiled at her. In Apaxi he said, "Thank you for understanding my queen. We Apaxis are loyal to our leaders. No matter your commands, we seek every path to carry them out. I trust you will make the wisest decisions." And then her counselor turned and walked away before Zarroete could say a word.

Of course I will, she thought to herself that day. And now the time had come for her to make that wise decision.

She sat at her "throne". A fimsy construction of sticks, stones and a bass drum. It was so pathetic Zarroete almost wanted to cry. Is this really how they treated their new queen?

The guardsman was the first to speak up. He spoke in the common tongue.

"My queen." He quivered and looked up into her eyes. Zarroete looked annoyed and stressed. She didn"t want to kill, but what choice did she have? Betrayal is betrayal and all betrayers are punished. . . Right?

"Please my queen, spare me! I had no choice in helping this man!" He pointed to his captor, who was kneeling with his hands tied behind his back.

"He would have killed me if I didn"t help him!" Desperate eyes looked at the queen again, but she was expressionless.

Zarroete turned to the huntsman.

"You. Confess. Is this true?"

"Perhaps." The huntsman shrugged.

"Perhaps?" Zarroete asked. Who does this man think he is? Tell the truth you fool!

"I merely suggested the idea. Now and then I told him I would cut his balls off. Now and then, I did. But so what if I did? Does he get forgiveness? A less harsher punishment?"

The man rose from the ground.

"What a queen you would be then. The honorless Jepalot. Or should I call you the honorless Jeepalot?" The man sneered. She was sure her servants behind her were smiling, suppressing a giggle. Jeepalot meant Donkey. Which in common tongue meant an a**. Blood rushed through her veins with anger and clouded her vision with hatred. Pure hatred.

She tried calming herself.

"You said you cut off his manparts?" She looked at the guardsman. "Is this true?"

"Y-y" Yes." Shameful eyes batted away. "Yes my queen."

He sobbed suddenly. Startling Zarroete. Through tears he begged the queen. "Please, I have a family. Please, my queen. I may not be an honorable Apaxi. But I can be useful. I can serve you. This huntsman is the foul one! Not me! He"s the one who broke your law!"

He tremored with emotion.

"He killed those men and women, behind your back. Your own fellow Apaxis murdered by this one monster. The one who dares to call you disgraceful things! Kill him and not me! Do you understand? This is the creature who broke your law. The foul -"

"ENOUGH!" Zarroete roared.

"You will not utter another word. This is my decision, and you do best to shut up."

The guardsman sheeped away and groveled before her. The huntsman still stood with his arms tied. Why must I deal with these farm animals? Zarroete thought to herself. Anger coursed through her again, switching between the disrespectful bastard and the pathetic sheep.

Tersely, Zarroete announced that her decision was made.

Archers stood by her side, ready to kill at a moment"s request. They were trained warriors, a different faction of the Apaxis. Their faces were hidden behind a helmet.

Zarroete raised one arm.

They nocked their arrows and aimed through their visors.

There was a long moment of pause. She could hear the bowstrings tensing. The chasm, the pit, howled eerily like the sounds of an awakened dragon.

"Kill them both."

An arrow flew and skewered through the huntsman's neck, spraying blood on the grass. The guardsman screamed in terror and turned, he stopped as he faced the chasm in front of him and then an arrow pierced through his chest. And then another to his leg. And again through his stomach. Blood dripped from the tip of the arrowheads.

The bodies dropped down the chasm. The fall seemed to take forever. But when the sound of the thud came, Zarroet was pleased.

But her smile dissipated as she realised what she had done. She swallowed and looked at her Apaxi men. Their faces were blank, showing no indication that they were aware of the executions.

The chasm continued howling, louder than before. A terrible beast was awakening. A monster with no remorse. She could feel it.

Deep inside of her.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: That's it! Thanks for reading. Next chapter will be up in 6 days like this one. I will try to keep this as a permanent schedule. I know you're like 'where's my character?' but I can only confirm that he/she 'will' appear. Just not sure on the 'when' :P

Thanks again and see you again next time!
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 7:43:20 AM
The previous chapter is on my sig btw!

Synopsis of last chapter:

Adam, a bastard, finds that Lady Elizabeth is getting married. Lady Elizabeth gets ready for the wedding and visits her husband, who is stormborn. Adam's squire, Jibber, learns something new about his master.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 9:31:13 AM
At 10/31/2014 7:43:20 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
Very well written and descriptive. Good job!
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 9:35:30 AM
At 10/31/2014 9:31:13 AM, mishapqueen wrote:

Thank you! Much appreciated! ^^
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 10:09:44 AM
D:<

Make it looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonger

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONGER

XD
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 10:24:11 AM
At 10/31/2014 7:34:09 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
A/N: This chapter was made in honour of a member who recently left. May she find peace and happiness in her life. I am not quite sure if she would be happy reading this so I can only hope she doesn't. I respect her dearly though, that will never change.
O_O Who is she :O
And so here is my second instalment of A Game of DDO! Spoiler alert: If you're one of the people who signed up, I'm sorry to say that you won't appear until much later. I want to build my story first and have a framework before adding a lot more characters. Thank you for understanding. :)
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Enjoy!
Hmph. Fine.

Two fortnights ago, in the lands of Dorgon, the homelands of the Apaxis, beyond the Illiquiria mountains and the River Blood.

She stood there pondering. Which of the men before her should die today? The left huntsman on the left? Or the guardsman on the right?
O_O
They were in an open field. A famous field. Popularly called, "The Dragon's Pit". Zarroete was sure it was named that way for more vulgar reasons. But, of course, the real reason was obvious. Firstly, there was a pit, right in the field. And Zarroete was only a few dozen feet away from falling into it. Secondly, it was more of a chasm than a pit. Like the ground was split into two by some mighty beast. Or a dragon.
What do you mean "like?" It's ALWAYS some kind of bigass monster that appears in these types of stories...
The fall looked to be more than a 500 foot drop, and no end could be seen. Just an empty darkness staring back at you. Legends say the chasm was a den for dragons. A sort of nest where they could hide from humans. A time when dark magic was used to kill the beasts. And a terrible time for dragons indeed, Zarroete chuckled. She hated dragons. They stole your cattle and burned your houses, what a bunch of a**es.
You know, this doesn't remind me of Zaradi. More like ESocial. She's a lot more sadistic than this, though...
Zarroete, the Jepalot - or in common tongue; the queen - had two men before her. One was a guilty huntsman who killed a family of four. The other was a guardsman caught helping the huntsman.
Wut.
The Apaxis, who were Zarroete"s followers, told her only one could be killed for their crimes. They were a tribal and religious group of people. They lived in huts and villages and killed their own game. Most of the Apaxis were dark skinned, though some were whiter than others.
Oh, I see. Being racist, are you? XD
"Jepaloti, rena nen got tokaili. Notari khali. "My queen, to kill more than one man a day, is but a sin, her counselor told her on one fine day.
Why do I sense something...
Zarroete wanted to laugh then. Laugh at their religion and beliefs. Mock them for telling her what to do. But her followers were fresh and new. She could not lose their loyalty so soon. Or she"ll be back scrubbing the palace floors again.
Yep. She's going to kill em' all.
"Then I, your new Jepalot, promise never to kill more than one man a day." She told him in Apaxi.
LOL BULLSH1T XD
Yama Von Karma, her loyal adviser and official Apaxi counselor, smiled at her. In Apaxi he said, "Thank you for understanding my queen. We Apaxis are loyal to our leaders. No matter your commands, we seek every path to carry them out. I trust you will make the wisest decisions." And then her counselor turned and walked away before Zarroete could say a word.
When you know Yama thinks she won't, you know she will.
Of course I will, she thought to herself that day. And now the time had come for her to make that wise decision.
Let the trial commence!
She sat at her "throne". A fimsy construction of sticks, stones and a bass drum. It was so pathetic Zarroete almost wanted to cry. Is this really how they treated their new queen?
LOOOOOOOOOOL
The guardsman was the first to speak up. He spoke in the common tongue.

"My queen." He quivered and looked up into her eyes. Zarroete looked annoyed and stressed. She didn"t want to kill, but what choice did she have? Betrayal is betrayal and all betrayers are punished. . . Right?
Of course you want to kill. Who doesn't?
"Please my queen, spare me! I had no choice in helping this man!" He pointed to his captor, who was kneeling with his hands tied behind his back.
Again, bull much?
"He would have killed me if I didn"t help him!" Desperate eyes looked at the queen again, but she was expressionless.
Bull.
Zarroete turned to the huntsman.

"You. Confess. Is this true?"

"Perhaps." The huntsman shrugged.
Still bull.
"Perhaps?" Zarroete asked. Who does this man think he is? Tell the truth you fool!

"I merely suggested the idea. Now and then I told him I would cut his balls off. Now and then, I did. But so what if I did? Does he get forgiveness? A less harsher punishment?"
LOL, it was semi bull then. XD

...this reminds me of me being the guard and ESocial being the huntsman...

T-T
The man rose from the ground.

"What a queen you would be then. The honorless Jepalot. Or should I call you the honorless Jeepalot?" The man sneered. She was sure her servants behind her were smiling, suppressing a giggle. Jeepalot meant Donkey. Which in common tongue meant an a**. Blood rushed through her veins with anger and clouded her vision with hatred. Pure hatred.
Need some ice for that burn? ;D
She tried calming herself.

"You said you cut off his manparts?" She looked at the guardsman. "Is this true?"

"Y-y" Yes." Shameful eyes batted away. "Yes my queen."
Poor guy. He will never be able to fap again. He'll have to be gay now and always be the bottom. ;D
He sobbed suddenly. Startling Zarroete. Through tears he begged the queen. "Please, I have a family. Please, my queen. I may not be an honorable Apaxi. But I can be useful. I can serve you. This huntsman is the foul one! Not me! He"s the one who broke your law!"
*munches on popcorn*
He tremored with emotion.

"He killed those men and women, behind your back. Your own fellow Apaxis murdered by this one monster. The one who dares to call you disgraceful things! Kill him and not me! Do you understand? This is the creature who broke your law. The foul -"

"ENOUGH!" Zarroete roared.
Yep. This is Annie.
"You will not utter another word. This is my decision, and you do best to shut up."
This just sealed my theory that this should be Annie.
The guardsman sheeped away and groveled before her. The huntsman still stood with his arms tied. Why must I deal with these farm animals? Zarroete thought to herself. Anger coursed through her again, switching between the disrespectful bastard and the pathetic sheep.
Baaaaaaaa...
Tersely, Zarroete announced that her decision was made.
Yeeeeeees...?
Archers stood by her side, ready to kill at a moment"s request. They were trained warriors, a different faction of the Apaxis. Their faces were hidden behind a helmet.

Zarroete raised one arm.
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeees...?
They nocked their arrows and aimed through their visors.

There was a long moment of pause. She could hear the bowstrings tensing. The chasm, the pit, howled eerily like the sounds of an awakened dragon.
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES...?
"Kill them both."
ROFLMFAO XD XD
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 10:26:37 AM
An arrow flew and skewered through the huntsman's neck, spraying blood on the grass. The guardsman screamed in terror and turned, he stopped as he faced the chasm in front of him and then an arrow pierced through his chest. And then another to his leg. And again through his stomach. Blood dripped from the tip of the arrowheads.
Bloooooooooooooooood...
The bodies dropped down the chasm. The fall seemed to take forever. But when the sound of the thud came, Zarroet was pleased.
Dat sadism. That's totally Annie.
But her smile dissipated as she realised what she had done. She swallowed and looked at her Apaxi men. Their faces were blank, showing no indication that they were aware of the executions.
Shame on you, Annie! FEEL DAT SHAME.
The chasm continued howling, louder than before. A terrible beast was awakening. A monster with no remorse. She could feel it.

Deep inside of her.
...it was always on the outside of her...and it was always awake...

A/N: That's it! Thanks for reading. Next chapter will be up in 6 days like this one. I will try to keep this as a permanent schedule. I know you're like 'where's my character?' but I can only confirm that he/she 'will' appear. Just not sure on the 'when' :P
6 DAYS? 6 DAYS FOR 1500 WORDS?! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

...although I'm not one to talk. *sigh*
Thanks again and see you again next time!
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 10:30:06 AM
At 10/31/2014 10:09:44 AM, RevNge wrote:

XD

Lol XD Next chapter. I promise.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 10:32:06 AM
At 10/31/2014 10:30:06 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

XD

Oh, and...

That's what she said. ;D
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 10:35:14 AM
At 10/31/2014 10:24:11 AM, RevNge wrote:

Lol your comments are freaking hillarious man! It made my day XD

Btw. I see what you mean. But I can't imagine Annie as badass tho :P
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 10:42:10 AM
At 10/31/2014 10:32:06 AM, RevNge wrote:

XD

Oh, and...

That's what she said. ;D

Wot?
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 11:06:52 AM
At 10/31/2014 9:35:30 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
At 10/31/2014 9:31:13 AM, mishapqueen wrote:

Thank you! Much appreciated! ^^

You're welcome. :)
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 11:45:02 AM
At 10/31/2014 10:42:10 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

XD

Oh, and...

That's what she said. ;D

Wot?

"Make it looooooooooooooooooonger...LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONGER"

That's what she said. ;3
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 4:14:31 PM
At 10/31/2014 10:35:14 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

Well, that's a mistake.

Other than that, though, it's a great episode! Loved it!
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 7:16:31 PM
At 10/31/2014 4:14:31 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Well, that's a mistake.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 9:31:06 PM
At 10/31/2014 4:14:31 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Hehe so far I havent seen her wrath ^^

Well, that's a mistake.

Other than that, though, it's a great episode! Loved it!

Thanks man! XD
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2014 11:07:36 PM
At 10/31/2014 11:45:02 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 10/31/2014 10:42:10 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

XD

Oh, and...

That's what she said. ;D

Wot?

"Make it looooooooooooooooooonger...LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONGER"

That's what she said. ;3

Lel :3
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2014 6:22:40 PM
Amazing!

I really like it.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2014 7:58:26 AM
At 11/2/2014 6:22:40 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
Amazing!

I really like it.

Thank you! :)