Jump to topic:

Remember me, DDO? (Chapter One)

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 12:02:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The day started much like any other day would for Constable Thett3. His internal alarm clock went off fifteen minutes before their actual alarm clock and he woke up to one of the most beautiful sights he could ever dream of.

In his arms was the back of Royalpaladin, her bare shoulders bringing a slight warmth to the officer's face. He carefully slid his arm out from under her neck, placed a soft kiss on her cheek, and then got out of bed to get ready for the day in front of them.

He put on a pair of pants before heading out into the kitchen, turning on the stove and starting to cook a few eggs. He added a pan of bacon onto a different burner, soon filling the kitchen with the sweet and intoxicating smell of cooking bacon. He had just managed to stick a few pieces of bread into the toaster when he felt a pair of arms snake around his waist.

"Thett, what are you doing out of bed?"

Thett turned a bit to face an Inspector Paladin he wasn't quite expecting to see: only a towel protected her from complete exposure. A few thoughts crept into Thett's mind that he was quick to dispel as he gave Royal a sweet peck on the lips. "Ms. Paladin, I was simply making breakfast for the most beautiful boss a man could ever ask for. Given our...ahem...'activities' last night, I figured a good breakfast in was just what the doctor ordered." He flattered, turning back to his food. The Inspector's cheeks burned with crimson embarrassment as she kept her hands on his shoulders. "But why? We don't have to go into work today." The inspector said, resting her chin on his shoulder.

All Thett could think about was how much he didn't want to go into work right now, but he simply shrugged to her question. "Was gonna look into some vandalism complaints I overheard a while back and didn't have the time to look into on the clock." He said simply. A gasp came from the pair of lips behind him and he felt a slap on his back. "Going into work on one of our days off?" She accused, putting on a pouting face that looked soooo adorable to the Constable. He gave her a kiss on her forehead before getting all of the food off of the pans. "It shouldn't take that long and the sooner I'm done, the sooner I can come back to you." He reasoned simply, putting the breakfast onto two separate plates and carrying them to their dining table.

The female inspector was obviously still unhappy, but she at least seemed to accept it. "Fine, fine. We're still on for tonight, correct?"

Thett smiled. That was right, they were going to have a date night and go to a romantic restaurant. Thank god he remembered to make the reservations a week in advance. "Of course, I shouldn't be that long."

They ate quickly and casually before Thett put on his usual work attire, gave his lovely girlfriend a quick peck on the lips before heading to the station.

--------

"Why did I ever think that doing this on my day off was a good idea."

Thett sighed and pushed the paperwork he was working on to the side to kick his feet up onto his desk and he leaned back in his chair. While it certainly sounded exciting for him to be working on vandalism cases, all it involved on his level is looking at the reports and picking a known offender out of the book to go talk to. With that kind of crime they always did it again once they got out of the slammer so it was cut and dry some of the easiest work he could do. That didn't mean it was exciting work, though.

The Constable let out a sigh before taking a sip of coffee and letting his eyes wander around his office for the millionth time this morning. As far as offices went it wasn't anything special: a desk with a name plate on the front of it. A bookshelf to his back and left, with a window overlooking the city to his far right. His desk was covered with various folders and a wired phone, but he kept a small corner clean for his pictures of Royal.

The phone ringing interrupted his relaxing period as he looked at the caller ID. The front desk intern, as always. It usually meant that some work-related person was trying to get into contact with him. He answered it. "Constable here."

"Sir, there's a man who has a tip to a major grand theft ring. Says he'll only talk to Thett3. What do you want me to tell him?"

Thett's eyebrow raised slightly. That was unusual. Usually whenever someone had a tip, they'd call the general tip line they kept running twenty-four-seven. The fact that the citizen would only talk to him brought the strange factor up to an all-time. Which definitely perked his interests. "Tell him to hang on a sec. Put him on hold on line two." Thett answered, hanging up the phone and walking out of his office.

The raccoon walked down the hallway a bit to the techie wing and slapped the desk of a mouse-like man who was dosing off. The tech jerked back to attention and stood up. "Mr. Thett! What can I do for you?" He asked quickly, rubbing his eyes in a nonchalant way. "I need you to run a trace on a call." The tech nodded and pulled up a few screens on his computer. "Sure thing, what number am I tracing?" Thett started walking back to his office, only turning back to reply. "Line two. Get me a location for whoever's calling me and page me when you got something!"

Once Thett was back in his office, he sat down and picked up his phone, tuning it to the correct line. "This is Constable Thett3 speaking. Who is this?"

"My name is not important." Came a metallic, robotic voice. The person was clearly trying to disguise their identity. This was getting weirder and weirder by the second. "What is important is the information I have."

Thett simply nodded. "Okay, and what information do you have?" There was a pause. "M.Gold, Masturdbtor, jadelynn132, GMDebater, van114" Thett sat there for a minute, trying to comprehend what was just said. "Excuse me?" He asked, hoping for clarification. Another pause. "The Fiendish Five." That name sounded familiar to the Constable, as he pulled out his cellular phone to look up the name. He read all the information about the former crime gang, that was broken up by none other than his lovely Royalpaladin during her work with Interpol. What was he getting at? A light on his phone monitor beeped; the tech was paging him. They had something.

"Sir, if you're going to prank call someone, please do not waste our time. Have a nice day." He ended, hanging up and bolting down the hallway. When he got to the tech's desk he was busy writing something down at hyper fast speeds. "Please tell me you got something." Thett begged. The tech just ignored the plea and kept writing. When he was done the tech ripped the paper out of the pad and handed it to Thett. "Address and GPS coordinates for the origin of the call. If you can't get him with that I don't know what else I can do for you."

Thett nodded and ran to his cruiser. This supposedly boring day just got exciting.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 12:24:39 PM
Is this based off something, or is it entirely original?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 12:26:22 PM
At 11/1/2014 12:24:39 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Original in that the concept and plot of the series is of my creation. The theme is based off of the Sly Cooper game series. I explained this all in the sign-up thread (http://www.debate.org...)
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
ElCorazonAma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 12:31:41 PM
Ummmm hmmmm, Zaradi can write? Wow! Amazing!
Haha! Jk! Very well written.
The verb is real but the adjective is only a hypothetical ideal. ~ Freedo
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 12:40:34 PM
Bruh. Make it longer. I absolutely hate it when first chapters of a fanfic doesn't overflow to two or three posts. XD

Comments to come, btw.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 12:57:08 PM
Haha I know who those names are...very interesting. Can't wait to see where you go with this
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 1:11:18 PM
At 11/1/2014 12:02:03 PM, Zaradi wrote:
The day started much like any other day would for Constable Thett3. His internal alarm clock went off fifteen minutes before their actual alarm clock and he woke up to one of the most beautiful sights he could ever dream of.
Hmm...
In his arms was the back of Royalpaladin, her bare shoulders bringing a slight warmth to the officer's face. He carefully slid his arm out from under her neck, placed a soft kiss on her cheek, and then got out of bed to get ready for the day in front of them.
Why do so many fanfics nowadays start of with something related to sex... V_V
He put on a pair of pants before heading out into the kitchen, turning on the stove and starting to cook a few eggs. He added a pan of bacon onto a different burner, soon filling the kitchen with the sweet and intoxicating smell of cooking bacon. He had just managed to stick a few pieces of bread into the toaster when he felt a pair of arms snake around his waist.
Well, that escalated quickly.
"Thett, what are you doing out of bed?"
Getting some lube, what about you?
Thett turned a bit to face an Inspector Paladin he wasn't quite expecting to see: only a towel protected her from complete exposure. A few thoughts crept into Thett's mind that he was quick to dispel as he gave Royal a sweet peck on the lips. "Ms. Paladin, I was simply making breakfast for the most beautiful boss a man could ever ask for. Given our...ahem...'activities' last night, I figured a good breakfast in was just what the doctor ordered." He flattered, turning back to his food. The Inspector's cheeks burned with crimson embarrassment as she kept her hands on his shoulders. "But why? We don't have to go into work today." The inspector said, resting her chin on his shoulder.
Well, at least you didn't go into detail... XD
All Thett could think about was how much he didn't want to go into work right now, but he simply shrugged to her question. "Was gonna look into some vandalism complaints I overheard a while back and didn't have the time to look into on the clock." He said simply. A gasp came from the pair of lips behind him and he felt a slap on his back. "Going into work on one of our days off?" She accused, putting on a pouting face that looked soooo adorable to the Constable. He gave her a kiss on her forehead before getting all of the food off of the pans. "It shouldn't take that long and the sooner I'm done, the sooner I can come back to you." He reasoned simply, putting the breakfast onto two separate plates and carrying them to their dining table.
That could have several meanings...
The female inspector was obviously still unhappy, but she at least seemed to accept it. "Fine, fine. We're still on for tonight, correct?"

Thett smiled. That was right, they were going to have a date night and go to a romantic restaurant. Thank god he remembered to make the reservations a week in advance. "Of course, I shouldn't be that long."
You know you're hoping for something that will escalate from a "date night..."
They ate quickly and casually before Thett put on his usual work attire, gave his lovely girlfriend a quick peck on the lips before heading to the station.

--------

"Why did I ever think that doing this on my day off was a good idea."

Thett sighed and pushed the paperwork he was working on to the side to kick his feet up onto his desk and he leaned back in his chair. While it certainly sounded exciting for him to be working on vandalism cases, all it involved on his level is looking at the reports and picking a known offender out of the book to go talk to. With that kind of crime they always did it again once they got out of the slammer so it was cut and dry some of the easiest work he could do. That didn't mean it was exciting work, though.

The Constable let out a sigh before taking a sip of coffee and letting his eyes wander around his office for the millionth time this morning. As far as offices went it wasn't anything special: a desk with a name plate on the front of it. A bookshelf to his back and left, with a window overlooking the city to his far right. His desk was covered with various folders and a wired phone, but he kept a small corner clean for his pictures of Royal.
Mind if I ask about those...*ahem* pictures? ;D
The phone ringing interrupted his relaxing period as he looked at the caller ID. The front desk intern, as always. It usually meant that some work-related person was trying to get into contact with him. He answered it. "Constable here."

"Sir, there's a man who has a tip to a major grand theft ring. Says he'll only talk to Thett3. What do you want me to tell him?"
Tell him to f*ck off. They never do, but it's fun to say.
Thett's eyebrow raised slightly. That was unusual. Usually whenever someone had a tip, they'd call the general tip line they kept running twenty-four-seven. The fact that the citizen would only talk to him brought the strange factor up to an all-time. Which definitely perked his interests. "Tell him to hang on a sec. Put him on hold on line two." Thett answered, hanging up the phone and walking out of his office.
Boo. You're no fun.
The raccoon walked down the hallway a bit to the techie wing and slapped the desk of a mouse-like man who was dosing off. The tech jerked back to attention and stood up. "Mr. Thett! What can I do for you?" He asked quickly, rubbing his eyes in a nonchalant way. "I need you to run a trace on a call." The tech nodded and pulled up a few screens on his computer. "Sure thing, what number am I tracing?" Thett started walking back to his office, only turning back to reply. "Line two. Get me a location for whoever's calling me and page me when you got something!"
What if it's just a prank call...
Once Thett was back in his office, he sat down and picked up his phone, tuning it to the correct line. "This is Constable Thett3 speaking. Who is this?"

"My name is not important." Came a metallic, robotic voice. The person was clearly trying to disguise their identity. This was getting weirder and weirder by the second. "What is important is the information I have."
HAL9000, Skynet, or Halgar.
Thett simply nodded. "Okay, and what information do you have?" There was a pause. "M.Gold, Masturdbtor, jadelynn132, GMDebater, van114" Thett sat there for a minute, trying to comprehend what was just said. "Excuse me?" He asked, hoping for clarification. Another pause. "The Fiendish Five." That name sounded familiar to the Constable, as he pulled out his cellular phone to look up the name. He read all the information about the former crime gang, that was broken up by none other than his lovely Royalpaladin during her work with Interpol. What was he getting at? A light on his phone monitor beeped; the tech was paging him. They had something.

"Sir, if you're going to prank call someone, please do not waste our time. Have a nice day." He ended, hanging up and bolting down the hallway. When he got to the tech's desk he was busy writing something down at hyper fast speeds. "Please tell me you got something." Thett begged. The tech just ignored the plea and kept writing. When he was done the tech ripped the paper out of the pad and handed it to Thett. "Address and GPS coordinates for the origin of the call. If you can't get him with that I don't know what else I can do for you."
"Sir, if you're going to prank call someone, you should do a hell of a better job than that."
Thett nodded and ran to his cruiser. This supposedly boring day just got exciting.
He gets shot next chapter.

This was awesome, although I hate cliffhangers. XD

I'll expect great things in chapter 2! :P
9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 11:38:07 AM
At 11/1/2014 12:26:22 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 11/1/2014 12:24:39 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Original in that the concept and plot of the series is of my creation. The theme is based off of the Sly Cooper game series. I explained this all in the sign-up thread (http://www.debate.org...)

cool. Very interesting.
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10