Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

Can I change my username?

airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 9:59:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/1/2014 9:49:06 PM, AnaghaR wrote:
Hi mods,
Could I change my username to WolfLover777?
Thanks! :)

You can feel free to deactivate your current account and create a new one.
Debate.org Moderator
thett3
Posts: 14,372
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 10:04:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Yeah, you can but you have to make a new account. DDO also has this really weird system to keep the constant spammers from coming back onto the forums--basically, if you make a new account with the same IP address you have to pick a username "password" of sorts. You have to make your "username" something with the word "Airmax" in it, and after you do that it will let you change it to what you really want your new username to be.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 10:08:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/1/2014 10:02:54 PM, AnaghaR wrote:
But wouldn't everything on my profile and all my friends be deleted?

Yes. You'd have to refriend your friends and retype of your profile info - but given that you haven't debated or posted much this should be pretty minor. It's up to you.
Debate.org Moderator
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 10:16:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/1/2014 10:10:39 PM, AnaghaR wrote:
XD

You only have three forum posts (all of them in this thread), no debates, and four friends. That's hardly a loss. :P

But make sure to choose your username wisely next time. Unless you have another cell phone (I don't), you can't confirm your identity since you need a phone number. Or perhaps you didn't confirm your identity on this account?
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 10:18:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/1/2014 10:16:47 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:10:39 PM, AnaghaR wrote:
XD

You only have three forum posts (all of them in this thread), no debates, and four friends. That's hardly a loss. :P

But make sure to choose your username wisely next time. Unless you have another cell phone (I don't), you can't confirm your identity since you need a phone number. Or perhaps you didn't confirm your identity on this account?

Mostly good advice... though identity confirmation is easy enough on a second account by contacting me once one has completed 3 debates.
Debate.org Moderator
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 10:19:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/1/2014 10:18:21 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:16:47 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:10:39 PM, AnaghaR wrote:
XD

You only have three forum posts (all of them in this thread), no debates, and four friends. That's hardly a loss. :P

But make sure to choose your username wisely next time. Unless you have another cell phone (I don't), you can't confirm your identity since you need a phone number. Or perhaps you didn't confirm your identity on this account?

Mostly good advice... though identity confirmation is easy enough on a second account by contacting me once one has completed 3 debates.

OMG, seriously? :O :O :O

I have the three debates, so how do I contact you?
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 10:21:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/1/2014 10:19:56 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:18:21 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:16:47 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:10:39 PM, AnaghaR wrote:
XD

You only have three forum posts (all of them in this thread), no debates, and four friends. That's hardly a loss. :P

But make sure to choose your username wisely next time. Unless you have another cell phone (I don't), you can't confirm your identity since you need a phone number. Or perhaps you didn't confirm your identity on this account?

Mostly good advice... though identity confirmation is easy enough on a second account by contacting me once one has completed 3 debates.

OMG, seriously? :O :O :O

I have the three debates, so how do I contact you?

There's a nifty private messaging system on the site. Feel free to use that.
Debate.org Moderator
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 10:29:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/1/2014 10:21:21 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:19:56 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:18:21 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:16:47 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:10:39 PM, AnaghaR wrote:
XD

You only have three forum posts (all of them in this thread), no debates, and four friends. That's hardly a loss. :P

But make sure to choose your username wisely next time. Unless you have another cell phone (I don't), you can't confirm your identity since you need a phone number. Or perhaps you didn't confirm your identity on this account?

Mostly good advice... though identity confirmation is easy enough on a second account by contacting me once one has completed 3 debates.

OMG, seriously? :O :O :O

I have the three debates, so how do I contact you?

There's a nifty private messaging system on the site. Feel free to use that.

Great! Thanks.

But do I have to give out my real name, though? :P
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 10:32:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/1/2014 9:49:06 PM, AnaghaR wrote:
Hi mods,
Could I change my username to WolfLover777?
Thanks! :)

Another option is going to create a new account. You can set your name to whatever you want it to be, then when you change the password make sure airmax1227 is the actual password. Then as long as you copy pate your bio all your friends will be on your list and you will get a message saying "complete" and then you will basically have teh same thing. Just make sure your password is airmax1227 , you can never change the password or most of the stuff is lost
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 10:32:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/1/2014 10:29:45 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:21:21 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:19:56 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:18:21 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:16:47 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:10:39 PM, AnaghaR wrote:
XD

You only have three forum posts (all of them in this thread), no debates, and four friends. That's hardly a loss. :P

But make sure to choose your username wisely next time. Unless you have another cell phone (I don't), you can't confirm your identity since you need a phone number. Or perhaps you didn't confirm your identity on this account?

Mostly good advice... though identity confirmation is easy enough on a second account by contacting me once one has completed 3 debates.

OMG, seriously? :O :O :O

I have the three debates, so how do I contact you?

There's a nifty private messaging system on the site. Feel free to use that.

Great! Thanks.

But do I have to give out my real name, though? :P

No, in fact don't give your real name out to anyone.

All you have to do is send me a PM, preferably titled something like "Account confirmation".

In it say, "hey, I've finished 3 debates, please verify my account".

To which I'll say "I'll do it when I have the chance".

And then you just have to wait.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 10:33:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/1/2014 10:32:01 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 11/1/2014 9:49:06 PM, AnaghaR wrote:
Hi mods,
Could I change my username to WolfLover777?
Thanks! :)

Another option is going to create a new account. You can set your name to whatever you want it to be, then when you change the password make sure airmax1227 is the actual password. Then as long as you copy pate your bio all your friends will be on your list and you will get a message saying "complete" and then you will basically have teh same thing. Just make sure your password is airmax1227 , you can never change the password or most of the stuff is lost

yeah... don't listen to anything Mikal or Thett tell you.
Debate.org Moderator
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 10:36:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/1/2014 10:32:01 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 11/1/2014 9:49:06 PM, AnaghaR wrote:
Hi mods,
Could I change my username to WolfLover777?
Thanks! :)

Another option is going to create a new account. You can set your name to whatever you want it to be, then when you change the password make sure airmax1227 is the actual password. Then as long as you copy pate your bio all your friends will be on your list and you will get a message saying "complete" and then you will basically have teh same thing. Just make sure your password is airmax1227 , you can never change the password or most of the stuff is lost

Genius.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 10:36:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/1/2014 10:33:02 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:32:01 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 11/1/2014 9:49:06 PM, AnaghaR wrote:
Hi mods,
Could I change my username to WolfLover777?
Thanks! :)

Another option is going to create a new account. You can set your name to whatever you want it to be, then when you change the password make sure airmax1227 is the actual password. Then as long as you copy pate your bio all your friends will be on your list and you will get a message saying "complete" and then you will basically have teh same thing. Just make sure your password is airmax1227 , you can never change the password or most of the stuff is lost

yeah... don't listen to anything Mikal or Thett tell you.
AnaghaR
Posts: 4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 10:55:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/1/2014 10:33:02 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 11/1/2014 10:32:01 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 11/1/2014 9:49:06 PM, AnaghaR wrote:
Hi mods,
Could I change my username to WolfLover777?
Thanks! :)

Another option is going to create a new account. You can set your name to whatever you want it to be, then when you change the password make sure airmax1227 is the actual password. Then as long as you copy pate your bio all your friends will be on your list and you will get a message saying "complete" and then you will basically have teh same thing. Just make sure your password is airmax1227 , you can never change the password or most of the stuff is lost

yeah... don't listen to anything Mikal or Thett tell you.

Yeah, I was just thinking that xD
Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2014 10:08:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/1/2014 10:32:01 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 11/1/2014 9:49:06 PM, AnaghaR wrote:
Hi mods,
Could I change my username to WolfLover777?
Thanks! :)

Another option is going to create a new account. You can set your name to whatever you want it to be, then when you change the password make sure airmax1227 is the actual password. Then as long as you copy pate your bio all your friends will be on your list and you will get a message saying "complete" and then you will basically have teh same thing. Just make sure your password is airmax1227 , you can never change the password or most of the stuff is lost

Totes how I did mine.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me