Jump to topic:

Do friends help you win?

RainbowDash52
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2014 1:51:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I have noticed that people tend to vote on their friends debate and are more likely to vote for their friend, and people with more friends tend to have higher elo's. I know that correlation does not imply causation and that it is not a perfect correlation, but I am curios if anyone else noticed a pattern.

It makes sense if you think about it. People want to judge debates of like minded people. People tend to agree with the arguments of like minded people. So it would make sense having more like minded friends could help you win more votes.

So what do you all think, does having more friends help you win debates?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2014 2:08:50 PM
At 11/4/2014 1:51:11 PM, RainbowDash52 wrote:
I have noticed that people tend to vote on their friends debate and are more likely to vote for their friend, and people with more friends tend to have higher elo's. I know that correlation does not imply causation and that it is not a perfect correlation, but I am curios if anyone else noticed a pattern.

It makes sense if you think about it. People want to judge debates of like minded people. People tend to agree with the arguments of like minded people. So it would make sense having more like minded friends could help you win more votes.

Yes, having more friends or a bigger reputation does help you win close debates. It's unfortunate but it does happen. With that being said, ELO is still a good indicator of skill.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2014 2:26:06 PM
At 11/4/2014 1:51:11 PM, RainbowDash52 wrote:

I think it helps you get votes on debates, not win debates. I have had some of my best friends vote against me countless times on a few of mine in a spot where the debate flipped the other way or almost flipped the other way.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2014 3:14:42 PM
Let me tell you about a little group called the DDO Elite. Now first off, [Censored by the DDO Elite]. And that's why the voting seems that way.
Nolite Timere
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2014 3:17:08 PM
At 11/4/2014 3:14:42 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Let me tell you about a little group called the DDO Elite. Now first off, [Censored by the DDO Elite]. And that's why the voting seems that way.

Don't worry. Jim Timmy is here to end that crap.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2014 5:09:23 PM
I don't have any DDO friends so if I win it is because I earned it.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2014 5:12:25 PM
At 11/4/2014 3:17:08 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/4/2014 3:14:42 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

Don't worry. Jim Timmy is here to end that crap.

False, the DDO Freemasonry solved that problem quiet awhile ago with Heinken, OberHerr, and a few others.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~