Jump to topic:

Warped: A DDO Chronicle Chapter 6

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 12:16:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
A/N: Sometimes I wonder why I do these. I mean, you guys probably just skip this part and go right to the story...haha...heh...T-T *forever alone* Anyway, I'm really sorry for but I was suffering a severe case of writer's block because I had no idea how to make this chapter go. Don't worry, I know how the rest of this will go, so I won't be having writer's block any time soon after this chapter. :P And I'd really appreciate it if *ahem* someone would unblock me after posting this. Well, I think this is enough for an excuse for raising my word count (:3), so I'll go ahead and begin the sixth chapter of Warped!

Previous Chapter: http://www.debate.org...

Chapter 6: October 25th, 2014

YYW has never hated human stupidity more than his entire life, and he hated it a lot to begin with.

However, his current anger at the aforementioned subject was at such a degree of intensity that even he could not express in words. Now, as he sat at the table with the other players, his mind was about to burst from the agonizing frustration he had to endure throughout this entire game.

In DP1, it didn't take long for YYW to notice that his fellow Mafia members were saying things extremely stupid--say, STALIN-level stupid--and if he didn't get them to shut up, he would die amidst a game full of pathetic newbies. How humiliating would that be?

Thankfully, he discreetly messaged the other Mafia members to put their phone on silent so other players wouldn't grow suspicious of the buzzing notifications whenever a member posted a message. In addition, as an afterthought, he wrote "SHUT UP AND DON'T SAY A WORD FOR THE ENTIRE GAME IF YOU WANT TO LIVE" complete with 72 pixel font, bolded, italicized, underlined, colored red, and a flashing animation. Thankfully, they got the message, or they were too lazy or scared to play the game.

For three DPs, it had worked out, and YYW had quickly gained control of the entire game, with the entire 16-player Town team wrapped around his pinky finger. In the first two DPs, Town was lapping at his palms, not knowing that he was massacring them with his Mafia team each night.

He wasn't a man that could be shaken by emotion, unless it came to Bsh1, of course. It pained him to watch one person die after another in each DP and NP, even killing others himself per his vigilante role included in Mafia JOAT, but the pain and guilt he could easily endure. He was slowly cracking, though. In DP1, he was calm, collected, and had an excellent poker face. Now, in DP5, his countenance was somewhat haggard, his face weary, and more easily provoked. His mind was shaken by the bloodshed he had seen, but was able to maintain its function.

They have spent 24 days in the game, each DP taking three days and one NP taking 24 hours, and if the DP or NP has ended prematurely, everyone blacks out until the specified time had passed. At least, that's what YYW has hypothesized after checking his phone at the beginning of every DP and NP, each respectively skipping 3 days and 1 day ahead in time. It seemed unfeasible, but the creators of Mafia Online could easily control players due to their programming within the world, and control them in real life using the electromagnetic waves residing in their brain. Such things were not in range of YYW's expertise, and he decided to abandon the issue for a later time.

Compared to many--no, all of the other members, YYW had fared much better in the demanding mental and physical taxes of the game. Including him, there were only nine players left in the game, along with three Mafia members he managed to protect, again including him. One Town player was cradling his head in his arms, shaking violently, another was staring blankly at the empty white wall of the room of the DP, but two of the players, the rest of the Mafia team, were staring pleadingly at YYW.

How so many players died in four DPs/NPs, YYW didn't know. The Serial Killer was killed last NP, and the Town JOAT was lynched in DP3, along with the Town Vigilante in DP2. All of them must have used their kills...he shook his head in disdain. Why kill so many others when you know you're going to die, anyway?

Sighing, YYW did his best to ignore the pathetic sight before him, wanting to kill his fellow Mafiosos for doing nothing and being totally dependent on him, and sifted through his options.

Scanning the notes in front of him, he gazed at his scrawled handwriting that marked the highlights of the game--claims, slips, analysis, and some doodling of Bsh1 from boredom drawn in the past DPs.

He doubted that any of the players had the mentality to actually consider his actions, so if all three Mafia members targeted a player, it was possible that two other Town or TP players could join in without much thought. However, most of the remaining players were actually moderately intelligent, as the stupid ones have obviously died under his hands. Sure, the deceased and dull-witted players were hardly a threat, but if they used their roles unwittingly, it was a danger to all three factions. The proof of the several deaths of Town, Mafia, and TP combined in NP1 alone was enough. He decided that he'd rather not take the risk, and it was a silly idea to begin with, anyway.

He had fake claimed Cop in DP3, and could easily fabricate a guilty result like he did in the last DP, but would they truly believe him? Even in DP4 he was beginning to question their trust in him, and the mislynch then was definitely not helping his reliability.

In the end, he decided to pressure the player he suspected of being TP Serial Killer, the one who was sitting away from everyone else alone, and take care of the last Townie in the Mafia night kill. This game was laughably easy compared to regular DDO Mafia, and even when playing without much thought he could outsmart them. However, he suspected that he was targeted by a dangerous role last NP, and the kill results were almost confirming his apprehension.

Like the beginnings of the previous DPs of the game, he prepared to start his pressure by a VTL after asking for new results. Slowly standing up from his seat, with the eyes of the players now focused on him, he cleared his throat and began to speak, feeling slightly awkward from the sudden attention.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 12:18:40 AM
"Okay...right, let"s get started then. Did anyone get any results from their role, if applicable?" Seven of the players shook their heads glumly, except for the player who was holding his head in his hands, but had suddenly stopped shaking.

YYW exhaled. "All right then...there should still be a TP Serial Killer, judging from the number of deaths last night, so let"s pressure him first since he"s a huge threat right now." With that, he turned to the isolated player, who was staring at him with wide eyes, almost pleading for mercy. "VTL--"

"Wait." YYW cut short to heed the voice, and looked for its source. The silent man had his head raised from his arms, revealing a pair of bloodshot eyes that were blazing in anger. Stunned, YYW involuntarily took a step back from the sight.

His username was Progeny, and his appearance was far from remarkable--about the same age as YYW but several inches shorter, a mild face that was now contorted in fury and grief, and dull hair. He looked rather uninteresting to YYW, but his expression was that of disturbing agony, and what was even more disturbing was that it was directed at him.

Progeny pointed a trembling finger at YYW. "Y--You...wh--what have you done?"

Playing dumb (which wasn"t easy for YYW), YYW coughed and asked, "I"m sorry? What do you mean?" On the inside, YYW knew exactly what he had done, and was frantically flipping through pages of his mind to think of a logical and viable lie or an excuse. Progeny must have been Tracker, but was there any way to persuade the other players that he was Mafia? He began writing his thoughts down on the notes, making a heading titled DP5.

The Tracker slammed his hand on the table, causing YYW to rip a gash in his paper. "Don"t lie! You know what you did! I saw what you did!"

YYW narrowed his eyes. "What are you ranting about? If you"re talking about the fact that I copped that Serial Killer over there, why"s that so bad?" Unbeknownst to the players, as his facade became calmer, his mind was panicking for the first time in the entire game.

The other players began to look from YYW to Progeny, undoubtedly confused. Even his two scum buddies" faces went pale, and attempted to hide behind their own selves, which would have looked hilarious under normal circumstances. Truth be told, YYW wanted to do the same thing.

Progeny howled in rage and lunged at YYW. Before YYW could duck, the other players quickly pulled him back, albeit with much difficulty. The struggling player gnashed his teeth and pointed at him.

"I SAW HIM! HE KILLED HIM! HE KILLED US! ALL OF US! THIS IS ALL OF HIS FAULT!"

The words rang in the air, and silence quickly succeeded them.

Of course, YYW knew that he had done this the last NP with his Vigilante role packaged with JOAT. He"d thought that he had lynched the Tracker last DP, but ever since the DP began, the deaths shone from the holograph at the center of the table along with the timer, and one of them read the name LARPGeek, along with a character of Owl (the theme was birds, and it was just his luck to get one of the boring themes out of the possible 10,000), with the role of Watcher. YYW had been cursing repeatedly in his mind ever since he spotted the result and prayed desperately that there was no Tracker in the game, but it was inevitable with so many players. The redirector got killed in NP3, so YYW was powerless to do anything about it.

YYW gritted his teeth, his eyes wide with realization, unable to deny the possibility any longer. "Where"s your proof for such a wild accusation? Without me, Town would have died long ago." The latter part was only partly true; if YYW didn"t supervise the game, all three factions would have died due to their ignorance and stupidity. They never would have even found the tutorial in the first place.

Progeny began laughing hysterically, whipping his phone out, and after several taps, screamed, "THIS!"

He turned the phone on holographic mode, and YYW"s heart dropped. There were several photos of him kicking at the deceased player, LARPGeek, blurry from the zoom, but the usernames were clear as day. The last two photos showed YYW shoving LARP off the cliff they were fighting on (the maps were always in high heights in accordance to the theme), sending him to an inevitable death.

The players stared at the photos, and slowly looked back at YYW. Terror lashed out at his heart, and his mind was paralyzed for the first time in the game, surpassing even his shock at the initial opening of the game.

"N--" YYW choked on emotion, all hopes of survival slipping away from his grasp. "NO!" He charged at Progeny and barreled into him, knocking the man down to the floor and the phone flying from his grasp. He leaped at the phone, desperately and futilely stomping on the indestructible frame. Snatching it back up, he began deleting all of the photos in the phone, animal and human instinct fusing together in a single purpose to live.

"Y--You can"t--" The other players stared at him agape in shock, his two teammates cowering in the corner of the room, trying not to be noticed.

A sense of calm suddenly enveloped his mind. "Yes..." He straightened slowly but certainly. "I am Mafia." To the players" shock, YYW smiled. "But what can you do?" Approaching them ever so slowly, he continued speaking. "I have made you weak. There are only four of you left...and there are three of us, not including the serial killer..." He glanced at the player standing apart from the Town members. "But my point is...we just need one more death, and Mafia wins."

Suddenly, YYW lashed out at Progeny, knocking him to the floor again with a single punch. "NOW!" He yelled. His subordinates compiled, having been informed to prepare for such extremities, and charged at the Town members. YYW brutally punched Progeny"s mouth, and he gasped blood from the impact. Clamping down on the mouth, he checked how his scum buddies were doing.

Thankfully, YYW had been wise enough to lynch and kill the smartest people of the players, but he also paid attention to the physically talented ones, as well. Now, Town was just comprised of the worst of the members--the weakest and the dumbest. Mafia was easily able to overpower them, and they just needed to kill two people to win the game.

Turning his attention back to his victim, YYW was stunned to discover that Progeny had died, and a new entry in the death list flashed conspicuously. "Attention: Progeny has been Day Vigged." The automated announcement blared for them to hear, and the Town members, with their mouths clamped shut by Mafia, struggled frantically in their grip, eyes widening at the body of the deceased player.

YYW was stunned as well. He was certain that his role PM never mentioned anything like Day Vigilante, so why announce it?

One of the players who had escaped began screaming wildly, surpassing the brink of hysteria into insanity. He turned at YYW. "YOU!" he shrieked. Before one of his scummates could restrain him, the player screeched, "VTL YYW!"
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 12:22:28 AM
Pain wracked every inch of his body, and YYW was dimly aware of the flashes of electricity shrouding his body. Above his head, "VTL YYW, 1/4" flashed before flickering off. Gasping in pain, he stumbled towards the player.

The accused Serial Killer allowed a sadistic smile to split his face, chased by the Mafia member. "VTL YYW!"

The new shock of pain immediately brought him to his knees, and his vision dimmed even further, agony dominating his mind. Screams of suffering pierced his ears, and he knew it was his, but what scared him was that he couldn"t tell if it was his. He didn"t have to look to know that he was two votes away from being lynched. Crawling now, YYW feebly raised a sparking hand at the players.

The second Mafia member, in his shock, went after the player, stupidity distracting him from his captive, who was now rubbing his jaw and glaring vehemently at YYW.

"VTL YYW, #1. VTL YYW, #2."

He was a Double Voter? That was the last thought before YYW"s vision was permanently erased and control seemed impossible, but all of his senses were alight with pain. The screams abruptly stopped, the torture skyrocketing to an incredible level, and suddenly, abruptly faded away into numbness, and the sound of electricity began diminishing, along with the feeling of gravity, and his body turned weightless.

Was this it? He thought his life was just beginning...and he had only known Bsh1 in real life for a week. He was hoping for so much for the future...but if this fate was ordained for him, he would accept it. Even the numbness was disappearing, and he felt as if his mind was already outside of his body...

Not yet.

The voice echoed within his mind, and YYW was entirely sure that it wasn"t his. Perhaps insanity was the prerequisite of death?

He waited, but there was no more. What was worse was that the pain was slowly returning, and his vision as well, like a computer monitor turning on in super slow motion. Not yet.

He stirred, and his body was alight with indescribable agony, becoming aware of the ongoing electricity. Through the sparks he could see the group of players surrounding him, most likely wondering why he wasn"t lynched.

Instinctively, he grabbed the nearest player"s ankle, and his screams were replaced with his own. YYW could feel the other players trying to pull him back, but he continued to hold on desperately. Eventually, the other players had to drop the player in fear of their own electrocution, and could only watch as the mass of lightning shrouded them both.

Fumbling with his phone, knowing its conductivity, YYW ruthlessly shoved it down the player's throat, and even more sparks were emitted. He lost all thought except to hold on, hold on just a little bit longer...

The pain was biting away at his body, jolting his limbs once again, but YYW used what little of the willpower he had that remained to endure the pain.

It was even worse than before, and he felt as if his innards were stabbed with needles of fire. Red circles loomed in his vision, turned into black, and red again. He cried for mercy, for someone to unvote him, to beg for his life, but had no energy left to even open his mouth.

Then, it stopped. Abruptly. The only voice of the room was the announcement. "DGvotre was lynched! He was innocent. Mafia wins! The endgame will be up shortly!"

YYW allowed himself to black out once more.

A/N: That's it for the sixth chapter! I know that it's not particularly good, and truth be told, I was bored to death writing it, but I think the first arc needed another DP chapter to emphasize its importance. Well, the first arc is almost finished, so stick around for chapter 7, chapter 8, and then we're on to the second arc! If you haven't been featured yet, the second arc onward will include tons of characters, and you'll understand why I needed so many. XD Until then, stay tuned!
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 4:10:35 AM
I *almost* killed you for killing YYW. Good, you took my warning into consideration.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 6:16:18 AM
At 11/5/2014 4:10:35 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
I *almost* killed you for killing YYW. Good, you took my warning into consideration.

Did you seriously think I'd kill him before even the first arc ended...?
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 5:32:42 PM
At 11/5/2014 12:30:58 AM, RevNge wrote:
And f*ck, I made a plot error. Of course. >.>

Ah that was satisfying as fcuk. Boring? That was pretty bloody awesome!

Stay tuned for chapter 3 today.

When will chapter 7 be released?
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 5:34:16 PM
At 11/5/2014 6:16:18 AM, RevNge wrote:

Ohohoho. What will happen to me I wonder. Will I die sooner than the rest? Well well well.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 5:37:52 PM
At 11/5/2014 5:34:16 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

Ohohoho. What will happen to me I wonder. Will I die sooner than the rest? Well well well.

XD Well, the skills of the players in the fanfic are related to their DDO Mafia skills, so people like Maikuru are going to beat everyone's asses. Don't worry, it all gets balanced out by the NPs though. :P
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 7:46:03 PM
At 11/5/2014 5:37:52 PM, RevNge wrote:

XD Well, the skills of the players in the fanfic are related to their DDO Mafia skills, so people like Maikuru are going to beat everyone's asses. Don't worry, it all gets balanced out by the NPs though. :P
Dont forget FT the bomb.
I get the feeling 9space is going to die pretty soon.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 7:48:20 PM
At 11/5/2014 7:46:03 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

Dont forget FT the bomb.

Good point. But neither signed up and I don't know much about them.

LMAO. Actually, I'm planning to ship him with Krieg. 9spacekrieg FTW! XD
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 7:50:16 PM
At 11/5/2014 7:48:20 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 11/5/2014 7:46:03 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

Dont forget FT the bomb.

Good point. But neither signed up and I don't know much about them.

LMAO. Actually, I'm planning to ship him with Krieg. 9spacekrieg FTW! XD

Mindblown
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 8:14:52 PM
At 11/5/2014 12:16:54 AM, RevNge wrote:
A/N: Sometimes I wonder why I do these. I mean, you guys probably just skip this part and go right to the story...haha...heh...T-T *forever alone* Anyway, I'm really sorry for but I was suffering a severe case of writer's block because I had no idea how to make this chapter go. Don't worry, I know how the rest of this will go, so I won't be having writer's block any time soon after this chapter. :P And I'd really appreciate it if *ahem* someone would unblock me after posting this. Well, I think this is enough for an excuse for raising my word count (:3), so I'll go ahead and begin the sixth chapter of Warped!

Previous Chapter: http://www.debate.org...

Chapter 6: October 25th, 2014

YYW has never hated human stupidity more than his entire life, and he hated it a lot to begin with.

However, his current anger at the aforementioned subject was at such a degree of intensity that even he could not express in words. Now, as he sat at the table with the other players, his mind was about to burst from the agonizing frustration he had to endure throughout this entire game.

Bet bsh1 could get him to feel better.

In DP1, it didn't take long for YYW to notice that his fellow Mafia members were saying things extremely stupid--say, STALIN-level stupid--and if he didn't get them to shut up, he would die amidst a game full of pathetic newbies. How humiliating would that be?

Seems like all the poor players will be weeded out of this world fairly quickly...

Thankfully, he discreetly messaged the other Mafia members to put their phone on silent so other players wouldn't grow suspicious of the buzzing notifications whenever a member posted a message. In addition, as an afterthought, he wrote "SHUT UP AND DON'T SAY A WORD FOR THE ENTIRE GAME IF YOU WANT TO LIVE" complete with 72 pixel font, bolded, italicized, underlined, colored red, and a flashing animation. Thankfully, they got the message, or they were too lazy or scared to play the game.

Eh, just in case they didn't get it, he probably wrote it in multiple languages to.

For three DPs, it had worked out, and YYW had quickly gained control of the entire game, with the entire 16-player Town team wrapped around his pinky finger. In the first two DPs, Town was lapping at his palms, not knowing that he was massacring them with his Mafia team each night.

He wasn't a man that could be shaken by emotion, unless it came to Bsh1, of course. It pained him to watch one person die after another in each DP and NP, even killing others himself per his vigilante role included in Mafia JOAT, but the pain and guilt he could easily endure. He was slowly cracking, though. In DP1, he was calm, collected, and had an excellent poker face. Now, in DP5, his countenance was somewhat haggard, his face weary, and more easily provoked. His mind was shaken by the bloodshed he had seen, but was able to maintain its function.

Cracking under pressure.

They have spent 24 days in the game, each DP taking three days and one NP taking 24 hours, and if the DP or NP has ended prematurely, everyone blacks out until the specified time had passed. At least, that's what YYW has hypothesized after checking his phone at the beginning of every DP and NP, each respectively skipping 3 days and 1 day ahead in time. It seemed unfeasible, but the creators of Mafia Online could easily control players due to their programming within the world, and control them in real life using the electromagnetic waves residing in their brain. Such things were not in range of YYW's expertise, and he decided to abandon the issue for a later time.

Compared to many--no, all of the other members, YYW had fared much better in the demanding mental and physical taxes of the game. Including him, there were only nine players left in the game, along with three Mafia members he managed to protect, again including him. One Town player was cradling his head in his arms, shaking violently, another was staring blankly at the empty white wall of the room of the DP, but two of the players, the rest of the Mafia team, were staring pleadingly at YYW.

6:3 or 5:1:3

How so many players died in four DPs/NPs, YYW didn't know. The Serial Killer was killed last NP, and the Town JOAT was lynched in DP3, along with the Town Vigilante in DP2. All of them must have used their kills...he shook his head in disdain. Why kill so many others when you know you're going to die, anyway?

Sighing, YYW did his best to ignore the pathetic sight before him, wanting to kill his fellow Mafiosos for doing nothing and being totally dependent on him, and sifted through his options.

Busssssss

Scanning the notes in front of him, he gazed at his scrawled handwriting that marked the highlights of the game--claims, slips, analysis, and some doodling of Bsh1 from boredom drawn in the past DPs.

He doubted that any of the players had the mentality to actually consider his actions, so if all three Mafia members targeted a player, it was possible that two other Town or TP players could join in without much thought. However, most of the remaining players were actually moderately intelligent, as the stupid ones have obviously died under his hands. Sure, the deceased and dull-witted players were hardly a threat, but if they used their roles unwittingly, it was a danger to all three factions. The proof of the several deaths of Town, Mafia, and TP combined in NP1 alone was enough. He decided that he'd rather not take the risk, and it was a silly idea to begin with, anyway.

He had fake claimed Cop in DP3, and could easily fabricate a guilty result like he did in the last DP, but would they truly believe him? Even in DP4 he was beginning to question their trust in him, and the mislynch then was definitely not helping his reliability.

In the end, he decided to pressure the player he suspected of being TP Serial Killer, the one who was sitting away from everyone else alone, and take care of the last Townie in the Mafia night kill. This game was laughably easy compared to regular DDO Mafia, and even when playing without much thought he could outsmart them. However, he suspected that he was targeted by a dangerous role last NP, and the kill results were almost confirming his apprehension.

Wait. I thought the serial killer was already killed earlier?

Like the beginnings of the previous DPs of the game, he prepared to start his pressure by a VTL after asking for new results. Slowly standing up from his seat, with the eyes of the players now focused on him, he cleared his throat and began to speak, feeling slightly awkward from the sudden attention.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 8:16:18 PM
At 11/5/2014 8:14:52 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Damn plot errors. Let's just say that this game had two SK's.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 8:20:15 PM
At 11/5/2014 12:18:40 AM, RevNge wrote:
"Okay...right, let"s get started then. Did anyone get any results from their role, if applicable?" Seven of the players shook their heads glumly, except for the player who was holding his head in his hands, but had suddenly stopped shaking.

YYW exhaled. "All right then...there should still be a TP Serial Killer, judging from the number of deaths last night, so let"s pressure him first since he"s a huge threat right now." With that, he turned to the isolated player, who was staring at him with wide eyes, almost pleading for mercy. "VTL--"

"Wait." YYW cut short to heed the voice, and looked for its source. The silent man had his head raised from his arms, revealing a pair of bloodshot eyes that were blazing in anger. Stunned, YYW involuntarily took a step back from the sight.

His username was Progeny, and his appearance was far from remarkable--about the same age as YYW but several inches shorter, a mild face that was now contorted in fury and grief, and dull hair. He looked rather uninteresting to YYW, but his expression was that of disturbing agony, and what was even more disturbing was that it was directed at him.

Hmm. Don't know him.

Progeny pointed a trembling finger at YYW. "Y--You...wh--what have you done?"

Playing dumb (which wasn"t easy for YYW), YYW coughed and asked, "I"m sorry? What do you mean?" On the inside, YYW knew exactly what he had done, and was frantically flipping through pages of his mind to think of a logical and viable lie or an excuse. Progeny must have been Tracker, but was there any way to persuade the other players that he was Mafia? He began writing his thoughts down on the notes, making a heading titled DP5.

The Tracker slammed his hand on the table, causing YYW to rip a gash in his paper. "Don"t lie! You know what you did! I saw what you did!"

YYW narrowed his eyes. "What are you ranting about? If you"re talking about the fact that I copped that Serial Killer over there, why"s that so bad?" Unbeknownst to the players, as his facade became calmer, his mind was panicking for the first time in the entire game.

Interesting contrast.

The other players began to look from YYW to Progeny, undoubtedly confused. Even his two scum buddies" faces went pale, and attempted to hide behind their own selves, which would have looked hilarious under normal circumstances. Truth be told, YYW wanted to do the same thing.

Progeny howled in rage and lunged at YYW. Before YYW could duck, the other players quickly pulled him back, albeit with much difficulty. The struggling player gnashed his teeth and pointed at him.

"I SAW HIM! HE KILLED HIM! HE KILLED US! ALL OF US! THIS IS ALL OF HIS FAULT!"

The words rang in the air, and silence quickly succeeded them.

Of course, YYW knew that he had done this the last NP with his Vigilante role packaged with JOAT. He"d thought that he had lynched the Tracker last DP, but ever since the DP began, the deaths shone from the holograph at the center of the table along with the timer, and one of them read the name LARPGeek, along with a character of Owl (the theme was birds, and it was just his luck to get one of the boring themes out of the possible 10,000), with the role of Watcher. YYW had been cursing repeatedly in his mind ever since he spotted the result and prayed desperately that there was no Tracker in the game, but it was inevitable with so many players. The redirector got killed in NP3, so YYW was powerless to do anything about it.

Well...a bus driver.

YYW gritted his teeth, his eyes wide with realization, unable to deny the possibility any longer. "Where"s your proof for such a wild accusation? Without me, Town would have died long ago." The latter part was only partly true; if YYW didn"t supervise the game, all three factions would have died due to their ignorance and stupidity. They never would have even found the tutorial in the first place.

Those are some really bad players.

Progeny began laughing hysterically, whipping his phone out, and after several taps, screamed, "THIS!"

He turned the phone on holographic mode, and YYW"s heart dropped. There were several photos of him kicking at the deceased player, LARPGeek, blurry from the zoom, but the usernames were clear as day. The last two photos showed YYW shoving LARP off the cliff they were fighting on (the maps were always in high heights in accordance to the theme), sending him to an inevitable death.

Well...busted. I don't see how photographic evidence would work in the event of redirection though (for future use).

The players stared at the photos, and slowly looked back at YYW. Terror lashed out at his heart, and his mind was paralyzed for the first time in the game, surpassing even his shock at the initial opening of the game.

"N--" YYW choked on emotion, all hopes of survival slipping away from his grasp. "NO!" He charged at Progeny and barreled into him, knocking the man down to the floor and the phone flying from his grasp. He leaped at the phone, desperately and futilely stomping on the indestructible frame. Snatching it back up, he began deleting all of the photos in the phone, animal and human instinct fusing together in a single purpose to live.

"Y--You can"t--" The other players stared at him agape in shock, his two teammates cowering in the corner of the room, trying not to be noticed.

And still no one VTLs him.

A sense of calm suddenly enveloped his mind. "Yes..." He straightened slowly but certainly. "I am Mafia." To the players" shock, YYW smiled. "But what can you do?" Approaching them ever so slowly, he continued speaking. "I have made you weak. There are only four of you left...and there are three of us, not including the serial killer..." He glanced at the player standing apart from the Town members. "But my point is...we just need one more death, and Mafia wins."

The serial killer who died earlier? Or 2 SKs? Is he so confident it's 5:1:3? If they get a mislynch and a kill, that's still not a mafia win (3:1:3) because of the SK. Unless this SK joint wins, for some reason.

Suddenly, YYW lashed out at Progeny, knocking him to the floor again with a single punch. "NOW!" He yelled. His subordinates compiled, having been informed to prepare for such extremities, and charged at the Town members. YYW brutally punched Progeny"s mouth, and he gasped blood from the impact. Clamping down on the mouth, he checked how his scum buddies were doing.

Thankfully, YYW had been wise enough to lynch and kill the smartest people of the players, but he also paid attention to the physically talented ones, as well. Now, Town was just comprised of the worst of the members--the weakest and the dumbest. Mafia was easily able to overpower them, and they just needed to kill two people to win the game.

Oh, now it's 2.

Turning his attention back to his victim, YYW was stunned to discover that Progeny had died, and a new entry in the death list flashed conspicuously. "Attention: Progeny has been Day Vigged." The automated announcement blared for them to hear, and the Town members, with their mouths clamped shut by Mafia, struggled frantically in their grip, eyes widening at the body of the deceased player.

Who's the dumba$$ that made that decision?

YYW was stunned as well. He was certain that his role PM never mentioned anything like Day Vigilante, so why announce it?

One of the players who had escaped began screaming wildly, surpassing the brink of hysteria into insanity. He turned at YYW. "YOU!" he shrieked. Before one of his scummates could restrain him, the player screeched, "VTL YYW!"

OH NO
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 8:23:26 PM
At 11/5/2014 12:22:28 AM, RevNge wrote:
Pain wracked every inch of his body, and YYW was dimly aware of the flashes of electricity shrouding his body. Above his head, "VTL YYW, 1/4" flashed before flickering off. Gasping in pain, he stumbled towards the player.

The accused Serial Killer allowed a sadistic smile to split his face, chased by the Mafia member. "VTL YYW!"

So...not an SK? Or a bad SK? Or an SK trying for town cred...interesting.

The new shock of pain immediately brought him to his knees, and his vision dimmed even further, agony dominating his mind. Screams of suffering pierced his ears, and he knew it was his, but what scared him was that he couldn"t tell if it was his. He didn"t have to look to know that he was two votes away from being lynched. Crawling now, YYW feebly raised a sparking hand at the players.

The second Mafia member, in his shock, went after the player, stupidity distracting him from his captive, who was now rubbing his jaw and glaring vehemently at YYW.

"VTL YYW, #1. VTL YYW, #2."

He was a Double Voter? That was the last thought before YYW"s vision was permanently erased and control seemed impossible, but all of his senses were alight with pain. The screams abruptly stopped, the torture skyrocketing to an incredible level, and suddenly, abruptly faded away into numbness, and the sound of electricity began diminishing, along with the feeling of gravity, and his body turned weightless.

THAT'S A LYNCH! NOOOOOOOOOO NOT YYW

Was this it? He thought his life was just beginning...and he had only known Bsh1 in real life for a week. He was hoping for so much for the future...but if this fate was ordained for him, he would accept it. Even the numbness was disappearing, and he felt as if his mind was already outside of his body...

Not yet.

.__________.
Really?
"Not yet?"
Not freaking yet?

The voice echoed within his mind, and YYW was entirely sure that it wasn"t his. Perhaps insanity was the prerequisite of death?

He waited, but there was no more. What was worse was that the pain was slowly returning, and his vision as well, like a computer monitor turning on in super slow motion. Not yet.

He stirred, and his body was alight with indescribable agony, becoming aware of the ongoing electricity. Through the sparks he could see the group of players surrounding him, most likely wondering why he wasn"t lynched.

Yeah, I'm wondering that too.

Instinctively, he grabbed the nearest player"s ankle, and his screams were replaced with his own. YYW could feel the other players trying to pull him back, but he continued to hold on desperately. Eventually, the other players had to drop the player in fear of their own electrocution, and could only watch as the mass of lightning shrouded them both.

Seems like a rule violation. :p

Fumbling with his phone, knowing its conductivity, YYW ruthlessly shoved it down the player's throat, and even more sparks were emitted. He lost all thought except to hold on, hold on just a little bit longer...

^

The pain was biting away at his body, jolting his limbs once again, but YYW used what little of the willpower he had that remained to endure the pain.

It was even worse than before, and he felt as if his innards were stabbed with needles of fire. Red circles loomed in his vision, turned into black, and red again. He cried for mercy, for someone to unvote him, to beg for his life, but had no energy left to even open his mouth.

NOOOOOOOOO YYW NOOOOOOO

Then, it stopped. Abruptly. The only voice of the room was the announcement. "DGvotre was lynched! He was innocent. Mafia wins! The endgame will be up shortly!"

Huh?

YYW allowed himself to black out once more.

A/N: That's it for the sixth chapter! I know that it's not particularly good, and truth be told, I was bored to death writing it, but I think the first arc needed another DP chapter to emphasize its importance. Well, the first arc is almost finished, so stick around for chapter 7, chapter 8, and then we're on to the second arc! If you haven't been featured yet, the second arc onward will include tons of characters, and you'll understand why I needed so many. XD Until then, stay tuned!

It's actually quite good. And exciting. How this is a boring chapter? What's wrong with you? 4 1/2 stars!
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2014 8:26:03 PM
At 11/5/2014 8:23:26 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Everything will be explained next chapter and chapter 8. But I made too many f*cking plot errors for my taste. >.>