Jump to topic:

Announcement

SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 11:02:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
This is the official announcement of the creation of the Congress of the Libertarian Future (CLF). The DDO party will be fighting to enforce the following policies - Put an end to biased voting , -Allow profinity as long as the user is moderate in the use , but be tough on personal insults , -We want the members to have an opportunity to create a petition which after reaching a certain number of 'followers' will be sent to the moderators. -The party will advocate for the site to have more moderators , this will lead to the power being distributed more equally and generally making the system fairer by not giving admins the opportunity to act like a tyrant.-We want to see changes done to the voting system , Biased voting and tied debates are a problem for people who just join the site and can certainly be annoying and make the website look unattractive to new members who's debates don't get voted on. -We want moderators to create an option for 'team debating'. Keep in mind some things that we advocate for may change as the party is very young. Anyone who wishes to join or apply for a position in the party please message me . -Absolute Leader SebUK
I WILL DECIDE WHAT THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT. I AM SPIRITUAL, NOT RELIGIOYUS. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RELIGIOUS TO BELIEVE IN GOD, AND YOU DO WORSHIP MONEY IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR WALLET THAAN YOU DO THE POOR. YOU ARE A TROLL THAT IS OUT FOR ATTENTUION."- SitaraMusica
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 2:10:59 PM
At 11/6/2014 11:02:23 AM, SebUK wrote:
This is the official announcement of the creation of the Congress of the Libertarian Future (CLF). The DDO party will be fighting to enforce the following policies - Put an end to biased voting ,

Impossible to do, hazy brightline on what constitutes a "biased" vote as well as what constitutes an "end" to it.

-Allow profinity as long as the user is moderate in the use , but be tough on personal insults

Profanity filter is in the sites code, something that users/mods can't change.

, -We want the members to have an opportunity to create a petition which after reaching a certain number of 'followers' will be sent to the moderators.

Already in effect, petition number for mods to look at it is one if you just friggin' PM Airmax or ore_ele

-The party will advocate for the site to have more moderators , this will lead to the power being distributed more equally and generally making the system fairer by not giving admins the opportunity to act like a tyrant.

One this isn't up to mods to add more mods, that's a juggle thing and they've expressed interest in NOT doing this. Two, I don't think that having more 15 year olds with the power to ban people on this site is a very good idea. Three, the mods don't act like tyrants now, so there's no point to this.

-We want to see changes done to the voting system , Biased voting and tied debates are a problem for people who just join the site and can certainly be annoying and make the website look unattractive to new members who's debates don't get voted on.

First, changing the voting system doesn't stop biased voting just as much as raising the speed limit will stop people from speeding (it just gives them an excuse to drive faster). Secondly, we're making massive progress on not having unvoted debates due largely in part to bladerunner's initiative and BoT's little groupie-dealie thing. Third, even if unvoted debates were still as huge of a problem as they were, changing how we vote wouldn't actually create more votes.

-We want moderators to create an option for 'team debating'.

Lmao been a while since I've seen this. For one, there's not a lot of people on the site that would use it, meaning that it's probably not very high on the priority list. Two, moderators can't even make it, it's a site coding thing that is out of their hands. Three, team debates are already something that we do, just ask people if they would be interested and go for it. And four, if you really eat team debates edeb8 has them, so you can use that whenever you have the hankering.

Keep in mind some things that we advocate for may change as the party is very young. Anyone who wishes to join or apply for a position in the party please message me . -Absolute Leader SebUK
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 2:32:54 PM
At 11/6/2014 2:10:59 PM, Zaradi wrote:
#schooled

If you keep this up, the Jimtimmy party's going to assassinate you. XD
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 3:56:02 PM
Hail the DDO Revolution!
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 4:31:38 PM
Oh my, team debating. The update that never was...

Funnily enough, Juggle made this thread and a poll on the subject: http://www.debate.org...

The poll got an overwhelming "yes" response, but Juggle never did anything with it.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 4:39:48 PM
At 11/6/2014 4:31:38 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Oh my, team debating. The update that never was...

Funnily enough, Juggle made this thread and a poll on the subject: http://www.debate.org...

The poll got an overwhelming "yes" response, but Juggle never did anything with it.

I am aware that team debating was a requested feature for a long time , the party seeks to put more pressure onto Juggle to create it.
I WILL DECIDE WHAT THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT. I AM SPIRITUAL, NOT RELIGIOYUS. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RELIGIOUS TO BELIEVE IN GOD, AND YOU DO WORSHIP MONEY IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR WALLET THAAN YOU DO THE POOR. YOU ARE A TROLL THAT IS OUT FOR ATTENTUION."- SitaraMusica
SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 4:54:23 PM
This is the official announcement of the creation of the Congress of the Libertarian Future (CLF). The DDO party will be fighting to enforce the following policies - Put an end to biased voting ,

Impossible to do, hazy brightline on what constitutes a "biased" vote as well as what constitutes an "end" to it.

-Allow profinity as long as the user is moderate in the use , but be tough on personal insults

The Party does not simply advocate to put pressure onto mods for things they can't do the point is , is to make Juggle aware of the needs of the community.
, -We want the members to have an opportunity to create a petition which after reaching a certain number of 'followers' will be sent to the moderators.

Already in effect, petition number for mods to look at it is one if you just friggin' PM Airmax or ore_ele
You think a PM from a user would be as effective as a petition followed by 100 users?
-The party will advocate for the site to have more moderators , this will lead to the power being distributed more equally and generally making the system fairer by not giving admins the opportunity to act like a tyrant.

One this isn't up to mods to add more mods, that's a juggle thing and they've expressed interest in NOT doing this. Two, I don't think that having more 15 year olds with the power to ban people on this site is a very good idea. Three, the mods don't act like tyrants now, so there's no point to this.
First of all I would not advocate for myself or any other young member to be placed as a moderator and second of all the whole point is to pressure Juggle.
-We want to see changes done to the voting system , Biased voting and tied debates are a problem for people who just join the site and can certainly be annoying and make the website look unattractive to new members who's debates don't get voted on.

First, changing the voting system doesn't stop biased voting just as much as raising the speed limit will stop people from speeding (it just gives them an excuse to drive faster). Secondly, we're making massive progress on not having unvoted debates due largely in part to bladerunner's initiative and BoT's little groupie-dealie thing. Third, even if unvoted debates were still as huge of a problem as they were, changing how we vote wouldn't actually create more votes.
I consider your criticism correct here , The party is open to change it's stance .

Lmao been a while since I've seen this. For one, there's not a lot of people on the site that would use it, meaning that it's probably not very high on the priority list. Two, moderators can't even make it, it's a site coding thing that is out of their hands. Three, team debates are already something that we do, just ask people if they would be interested and go for it. And four, if you really eat team debates edeb8 has them, so you can use that whenever you have the hankering.
And can you really show this would be a very unpopular feature ? The point is to convince Juggle that this is what the users want ,' Juggle made this thread and a poll on the subject: http://www.debate.org......

The poll got an overwhelming "yes" response, but Juggle never did anything with it.' -Bossy Burito .
Keep in mind some things that we advocate for may change as the party is very young. Anyone who wishes to join or apply for a position in the party please message me . -Absolute Leader SebUK
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 7:22:31 PM
At 11/6/2014 2:32:54 PM, RevNge wrote:
#schooled

If you keep this up, the Jimtimmy party's going to assassinate you. XD

The Shadow Proclamation has already informed the Jimtimmy party that underhanded tactics will not be forgiven.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 7:36:54 PM
The party will advocate for the site to have more moderators , this will lead to the power being distributed more equally and generally making the system fairer by not giving admins the opportunity to act like a tyrant.

It's been a little while since I've been called a tyrant... I had almost begun to feel unnoticed ;)
Debate.org Moderator
Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 8:24:48 PM
At 11/6/2014 7:36:54 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
The party will advocate for the site to have more moderators , this will lead to the power being distributed more equally and generally making the system fairer by not giving admins the opportunity to act like a tyrant.

It's been a little while since I've been called a tyrant... I had almost begun to feel unnoticed ;)

You bloody Jewish tyrant. Airmax youre a dogmatist, you are equal to Mao Tse Tung or Ashoka.

VIVA LAAAAA REVOLUCIONNNNN

*mouth foams*
*coughs*
*dies*

-fin-
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 8:30:32 PM
At 11/6/2014 8:24:48 PM, Ajabi wrote:

You bloody Jewish tyrant. Airmax youre a dogmatist, you are equal to Mao Tse Tung or Ashoka.

VIVA LAAAAA REVOLUCIONNNNN

*mouth foams*
*coughs*
*dies*

-fin-

<3
Wocambs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 8:42:04 PM

Where there is authority, there is no freedom. You should renounce your authority, and let the power that you took from the people return to the people.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 11:00:13 PM

Yeah pretty much this.
Tsar of DDO
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 11:25:08 PM
Holy god this was hard to find your actual responses because you hid them in mine LOL.

At 11/6/2014 4:54:23 PM, SebUK wrote:

The Party does not simply advocate to put pressure onto mods for things they can't do the point is , is to make Juggle aware of the needs of the community.

Juggle is and has been aware. What's your point?

You think a PM from a user would be as effective as a petition followed by 100 users?

Yes since it achieves the exact same end: getting the mods to look into what you're complaining about lol.

First of all I would not advocate for myself or any other young member to be placed as a moderator and second of all the whole point is to pressure Juggle.

Juggle objectively hasn't given two sh*ts about that. So long as Airmax is telling them that he and Ore_ele don't need help, they're not going to look into the possibility of getting more mods. Your "pressure" is irrelevant to their decision making process.

I consider your criticism correct here , The party is open to change it's stance .

And can you really show this would be a very unpopular feature ? The point is to convince Juggle that this is what the users want ,' Juggle made this thread and a poll on the subject: http://www.debate.org......

Okay look at edeb8 whenever they let out team debates. Hardly no one used it, and no one still uses it. It's a nice "feature" to boast to have, but it's also something that they would have to code and impliment and bugtest to make sure that it actually works the way they want it to work, which would require man hours. These man hours are something that they won't spend if they don't think people are going to use it. And if they can look at edeb8 and see that no one is using the team debate function (which no one is), then they won't make it. It doesn't matter how many of us scream 'I want team debates!", they won't care.

Besides, people still do team debates anyway without it being an "official feature". Mikal and Bluesteel just had one set up with Wylted just recently. It's not like it can't be set up under the current system.

The poll got an overwhelming "yes" response, but Juggle never did anything with it.' -Bossy Burito .
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 11:26:10 PM

We still love you though <3 you're just the DDO equivalent of Hitler. xD
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 11:38:35 PM
At 11/6/2014 11:26:10 PM, Zaradi wrote:

He said to one of the two Jewish guys on DDO...
Tsar of DDO
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 11:40:51 PM
At 11/6/2014 11:38:35 PM, YYW wrote:

Shirley, we have more than 2...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 11:41:43 PM
At 11/6/2014 11:40:51 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

You, and Airmax.
Tsar of DDO
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 11:43:27 PM
At 11/6/2014 11:41:43 PM, YYW wrote:

You, and Airmax.

There must be more...I could swear Airmax and I had this conversation in a G+ hangout once.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 11:48:04 PM
At 11/6/2014 11:43:27 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

You, and Airmax.

There must be more...I could swear Airmax and I had this conversation in a G+ hangout once.

At one point there were. Not now.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 11:48:43 PM

You, and Airmax.

I think whiteflame is from a jewish family, but I don't think he practices.
Tsar of DDO
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 11:48:49 PM

It's merely a devious front to appeal to our innate desire to sympathize. It makes it all the more easier for him to manipulate us and dominate us. We must resist our primal affections and overthrow this monster.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 11:49:18 PM

You, and Airmax.

Just off the top of my head... DarkKermit, Ragnar_Rahl, Wnope, Bluesteel, Emilrose, and 1devilsadvocate.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 11:50:49 PM
At 11/6/2014 11:48:43 PM, YYW wrote:

You, and Airmax.

I can't believe I forgot Whiteflame... and practicing/level of religiosity, doesn't matter for qualifying... otherwise there's only like one Jew on this site...
Debate.org Moderator
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 11:51:27 PM

You, and Airmax.

Hey now, I may be reform, but I'm a practicing Jew.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 11:53:47 PM
At 11/6/2014 11:51:27 PM, whiteflame wrote:

You, and Airmax.

Our jewish population just skyrocketed if you look at the percentages xD
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 11:59:54 PM
At 11/6/2014 11:51:27 PM, whiteflame wrote:

You, and Airmax.

Sorry dude... didn't realize!
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 12:03:10 AM
At 11/6/2014 11:50:49 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

You, and Airmax.

I can't believe I forgot Whiteflame... and practicing/level of religiosity, doesn't matter for qualifying... otherwise there's only like one Jew on this site...

Yeah, I almost forgot him. He's reform, and he practices. *winces* I think he told me that once. I should have remembered.

So, we've got three:

Whiteflame
Endark
You

I feel like there used to be more, though.
Tsar of DDO