Jump to topic:

DDO: Get something rolling.

Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2010 6:55:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
For you people who have read "Ender's Game" you remember valentine and Peter went onto the online debates and got their point across going as different names such as "Locke". This is basically that sight. It IS possible for stuff like that to happen, if we mailed the right people and stuff like that... DDO could be an actuall place to not just debate things like stupid birds complaining to eachother, but actually DECIDE what's going on, and act on it!

Agree? Disagree? Hate Me? Random Insults?

POST PLEASE.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2010 7:01:53 PM
At 4/28/2010 6:59:48 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
Have you met FREEDO yet??

...Also, I hate you.

yes i have... not directly i've seen his debates and his profile
Lexicaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2010 7:03:04 PM
At 4/28/2010 6:55:56 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
For you people who have read "Ender's Game" you remember valentine and Peter went onto the online debates and got their point across going as different names such as "Locke". This is basically that sight. It IS possible for stuff like that to happen, if we mailed the right people and stuff like that... DDO could be an actuall place to not just debate things like stupid birds complaining to eachother, but actually DECIDE what's going on, and act on it!

Agree? Disagree? Hate Me? Random Insults?

POST PLEASE.

I agree, but it needs wider appeal first.
http://mastersofcreationrpg.com... - My new site and long-developed project. Should be fun.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2010 7:03:44 PM
There's a little something called dramatization.

The "right people" don't read sites like these. And in the real world pretty much all of them have made up their minds long ago.

Which doesn't mean DDO has no effect... but it's the grassroots. It convinces one person at a time. It's really really slow. And you never know just how your conversions will work out. For example, Cody Franklin was a fascist, and now he's an Objectivist-- my efforts helping him along the way. But he's an ARI-style objectivist, he'll be condemning me for impurity any day now ^_^.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
tmoney225
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2010 7:05:44 PM
At 4/28/2010 7:04:12 PM, mongeese wrote:
If only the offer for the presidents to debate here succeeded.

I doubt John even knew what the internet was.
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2010 7:07:08 PM
At 4/28/2010 7:01:30 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
I shouldn't have said that...

yes, that was poor judgment on your part.

I mentioned FREEDO because you seem to share his aimless enthusiasm. It's not necessarily a bad thing, it's just that the larger part of us really don't care.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2010 7:07:43 PM
sage
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2010 7:08:59 PM
At 4/28/2010 7:07:48 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
At 4/28/2010 7:03:44 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
But he's an ARI-style objectivist

Wats teh difference?

Wrong thread :P
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2010 7:10:12 PM

Wats teh difference?

Think of it as like, he's a Catholic and I'm a Protestant. ARI, the Ayn Rand Institute, is run by Rand's designated heir, and pretty much declares any difference from Rand on any minor issue as something disqualifying one from the term "Objectivist." It's also against cooperation with non-Objectivist libertarians on just about any issue.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2010 7:11:41 PM
At 4/28/2010 7:10:12 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Wats teh difference?

Think of it as like, he's a Catholic and I'm a Protestant. ARI, the Ayn Rand Institute, is run by Rand's designated heir, and pretty much declares any difference from Rand on any minor issue as something disqualifying one from the term "Objectivist." It's also against cooperation with non-Objectivist libertarians on just about any issue.

Ewww
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2010 7:12:35 PM
Feel free to get Cody's side of the story though ^_^
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2010 7:12:39 PM

The "right people" don't read sites like these. And in the real world pretty much all of them have made up their minds long ago.

Which doesn't mean DDO has no effect... but it's the grassroots. It convinces one person at a time. It's really really slow. And you never know just how your conversions will work out. For example, Cody Franklin was a fascist, and now he's an Objectivist-- my efforts helping him along the way. But he's an ARI-style objectivist, he'll be condemning me for impurity any day now ^_^.

You guys do not get it...
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2010 7:13:35 PM
At 4/28/2010 7:12:39 PM, Rockylightning wrote:

You guys do not get it...

Then explain it?
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2010 7:15:03 PM

Wats teh difference?

...so is there any ideological difference?

I tried searching Google, but couldn't find much.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2010 7:18:01 PM
At 4/28/2010 7:15:03 PM, PoeJoe wrote:

Wats teh difference?

If by ideological you mean political... not much, although some individuals associated with the TAS faction might differ in minor respects from others, just because it is a SLIGHTLY wider tent.

http://www.atlassociety.org...

http://www.aynrand.org...

It would be a lot easier if Peikoff and Kelley had a debate on DDO, but that ain't gonna happen.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2010 7:19:24 PM
At 4/28/2010 7:15:03 PM, PoeJoe wrote:

Wats teh difference?

Potentially. If you're just incorporating a few but not all of Objectivism's main pillars, you're not an Objectivist by ARI standards, and you may have ideological differences.

Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2010 7:19:47 PM

Then explain it?

If we were more professional *coughs at frenchmoose*, then we could possibly attract attention of people in the GOV. as was done in ender's game. Right now this is like a forum, where we state wikipedia sources, if we stated hard facts from primary sources... we could actually do stuff
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2010 7:21:18 PM
At 4/28/2010 7:19:47 PM, Rockylightning wrote:

Then explain it?

If we were more professional *coughs at frenchmoose*, then we could possibly attract attention of people in the GOV

I will do everything in my power against that.

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2010 7:23:44 PM
coughs at frenchmoose
That's what she said.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2010 7:25:34 PM
If we were more professional *coughs at frenchmoose*, then we could possibly attract attention of people in the GOV

Against what... frenchmoose... or my plan
>.>
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2010 7:27:09 PM
At 4/28/2010 7:25:34 PM, Rockylightning wrote:

Against what... frenchmoose... or my plan
>.>
I don't know what the frenchmoose thing is about. If I feel that you're doing things that would attract the attention of people in the [real] GOV, I will find out a way to screw your movement over.