Total Posts:62|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

DDO Team Tournament

Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 8:02:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
So I have started things in the past, and due to how unpopular I am, nothing really gets done. But this time I will be hosting a DDO Team Debates tournanments. I will post rules, and see how many are interested, I will also take advice on how to improve this tornament.

Rules:
Teams of three will be used. Each team member shall participate in a debate against an oppenent team.

Each team member shall utilise his/her team members for participation in his/hers debate.

We shall start with four teams.

First place team shall each give me a quote in which I will place in my sig.

Second place shall have the satisfaction of coming so close.

Third and fourth place get to learn to try harder.

You shall be graded on how you utilise your team, and how well you work as a team.

So even if you win a debate, you may lose the tournament.

Any suggestions to make it better, and also anyone interested?
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
VelCrow
Posts: 1,273
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 8:15:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/9/2014 8:02:00 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
So I have started things in the past, and due to how unpopular I am, nothing really gets done. But this time I will be hosting a DDO Team Debates tournanments. I will post rules, and see how many are interested, I will also take advice on how to improve this tornament.

Rules:
Teams of three will be used. Each team member shall participate in a debate against an oppenent team.

Each team member shall utilise his/her team members for participation in his/hers debate.

We shall start with four teams.

First place team shall each give me a quote in which I will place in my sig.

Second place shall have the satisfaction of coming so close.

Third and fourth place get to learn to try harder.

You shall be graded on how you utilise your team, and how well you work as a team.

So even if you win a debate, you may lose the tournament.

Any suggestions to make it better, and also anyone interested?

If i win first place, the quote will be :Linkish loves bananas with cream" XD
"Ah....So when god "Taught you" online, did he have a user name like "Darthmaulrules1337", and did he talk in all caps?" ~ Axonly

http://www.debate.org...
Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 8:35:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/9/2014 8:15:01 PM, VelCrow wrote:
At 11/9/2014 8:02:00 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
So I have started things in the past, and due to how unpopular I am, nothing really gets done. But this time I will be hosting a DDO Team Debates tournanments. I will post rules, and see how many are interested, I will also take advice on how to improve this tornament.

Rules:
Teams of three will be used. Each team member shall participate in a debate against an oppenent team.

Each team member shall utilise his/her team members for participation in his/hers debate.

We shall start with four teams.

First place team shall each give me a quote in which I will place in my sig.

Second place shall have the satisfaction of coming so close.

Third and fourth place get to learn to try harder.

You shall be graded on how you utilise your team, and how well you work as a team.

So even if you win a debate, you may lose the tournament.

Any suggestions to make it better, and also anyone interested?

If i win first place, the quote will be :Linkish loves bananas with cream" XD

And it shall be so :p
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
VelCrow
Posts: 1,273
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 8:36:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/9/2014 8:35:33 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 11/9/2014 8:15:01 PM, VelCrow wrote:
At 11/9/2014 8:02:00 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
So I have started things in the past, and due to how unpopular I am, nothing really gets done. But this time I will be hosting a DDO Team Debates tournanments. I will post rules, and see how many are interested, I will also take advice on how to improve this tornament.

Rules:
Teams of three will be used. Each team member shall participate in a debate against an oppenent team.

Each team member shall utilise his/her team members for participation in his/hers debate.

We shall start with four teams.

First place team shall each give me a quote in which I will place in my sig.

Second place shall have the satisfaction of coming so close.

Third and fourth place get to learn to try harder.

You shall be graded on how you utilise your team, and how well you work as a team.

So even if you win a debate, you may lose the tournament.

Any suggestions to make it better, and also anyone interested?

If i win first place, the quote will be :Linkish loves bananas with cream" XD

And it shall be so :p

or worst.. "Zelda loves bananas with cream" XD
"Ah....So when god "Taught you" online, did he have a user name like "Darthmaulrules1337", and did he talk in all caps?" ~ Axonly

http://www.debate.org...
Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 10:19:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hey bump
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2014 11:05:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Bunp
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 4:44:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I take this as a no
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
lannan13
Posts: 23,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 4:49:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 4:44:02 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
I take this as a no

Depends, how many teams are you allowing?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2014 7:08:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/11/2014 4:49:35 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 11/11/2014 4:44:02 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
I take this as a no

Depends, how many teams are you allowing?

4 teams
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
lannan13
Posts: 23,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2014 8:07:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/12/2014 7:08:15 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 11/11/2014 4:49:35 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 11/11/2014 4:44:02 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
I take this as a no

Depends, how many teams are you allowing?

4 teams

/in
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2014 9:52:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
1.wylted
2. Flame
3. Uchiha

I shall divide you up into your teams as soon as we have four.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2014 9:54:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/12/2014 9:52:22 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
1.wylted
2. Flame
3. Uchiha
4.lannan

I shall divide you up into your teams as soon as we have four.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2014 9:56:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'll need 12 members to participate. I'll provide a time on when debates shall start, I'll provide each team member a series of classes and subclasses of debate topics. Each team shall pick a class and begin their debate. Each team also will be provided a team pm, where I will Analyse your team work.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 7:51:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Keerp er going
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 7:58:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm down to do this, but only if I get to pick my team.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 5:17:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/13/2014 7:58:53 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I'm down to do this, but only if I get to pick my team.

Sure thing get your team in here
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 7:17:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/14/2014 5:17:04 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 11/13/2014 7:58:53 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I'm down to do this, but only if I get to pick my team.

Sure thing get your team in here

Okay, my team = me, whiteflame, and thett.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 7:20:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/14/2014 7:17:46 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/14/2014 5:17:04 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 11/13/2014 7:58:53 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I'm down to do this, but only if I get to pick my team.

Sure thing get your team in here

Okay, my team = me, whiteflame, and thett.

OP.
Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 9:56:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/12/2014 9:54:04 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 11/12/2014 9:52:22 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
1.wylted
2. Flame
3. Uchiha
4.lannan
5. Bluesteel
6. Thett

Well folks all we need is three more people! And I will get this started.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 1:17:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/15/2014 9:56:43 AM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 11/12/2014 9:54:04 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 11/12/2014 9:52:22 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
1.wylted
2. Flame
3. Uchiha
4.lannan
5. Bluesteel
6. Thett
7. 9spaceking

Well folks all we need is three more people! And I will get this started.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
lannan13
Posts: 23,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 6:24:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
How will the teams be organized?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 7:48:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/15/2014 6:24:34 PM, lannan13 wrote:
How will the teams be organized?

If you don't make a team, I will organize you by ELO.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 8:45:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Two people. I'm not giving up on this project!
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 9:17:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/16/2014 8:45:12 AM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
Two people. I'm not giving up on this project!
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
UchihaMadara
Posts: 1,049
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 9:44:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/14/2014 7:17:46 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/14/2014 5:17:04 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 11/13/2014 7:58:53 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I'm down to do this, but only if I get to pick my team.

Sure thing get your team in here

Okay, my team = me, whiteflame, and thett.

...that's like saying "my pre-condition for joining this tournament is that I win it" XD
Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 7:05:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/16/2014 9:44:08 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 11/14/2014 7:17:46 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/14/2014 5:17:04 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 11/13/2014 7:58:53 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I'm down to do this, but only if I get to pick my team.

Sure thing get your team in here

Okay, my team = me, whiteflame, and thett.

...that's like saying "my pre-condition for joining this tournament is that I win it" XD

Yes but remember they have to work well as a team. Not just win debates.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me