Jump to topic:

DDO's Most Powerful *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 8:53:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Greetings. Who do you believe is DDO's most powerful member. This can mean the person here who has the strongest edge, influence, and is just plain indomitable overall. May your choice very carefully. Good luck. =)
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 11:06:19 AM
Interesting Question.

In terms of raw power, Airmax has the most. He is the main mod, empowering him to ban members, interpret the TOS, and delete posts/polls/debates, etc. Ore_Ele also has power in this sense, though I would say that Airmax, as the most active mod, carries the most influence. Airmax and Ore_Ele have a monopoly on DDO's "hard power," so to speak. Almost all other users can only claim access to soft power.

YYW, just through his near omnipresence in the forums, and the way in which he goes about doing things, as show that he is influential, and able to effect actions. The same is true of Bladerunner.

There are some members who gain access to power via a charm offensive--i.e. by making friends with people. Thett3 is one of those people.

Finally, there are some members, particularly those who have been here longer, who's debating prowess lends them a certain gravitas that accords their opinions commensurate weight.

Most of the people I mentioned gain power via a combination of these factors (activity, charm, intellectual ability). I don't really think though that there is a single most powerful member on the site as power can be assessed in a multiplicity of ways.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2014 4:28:42 PM
At 11/11/2014 11:06:19 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Interesting Question.

In terms of raw power, Airmax has the most. He is the main mod, empowering him to ban members, interpret the TOS, and delete posts/polls/debates, etc. Ore_Ele also has power in this sense, though I would say that Airmax, as the most active mod, carries the most influence. Airmax and Ore_Ele have a monopoly on DDO's "hard power," so to speak. Almost all other users can only claim access to soft power.

YYW, just through his near omnipresence in the forums, and the way in which he goes about doing things, as show that he is influential, and able to effect actions. The same is true of Bladerunner.

There are some members who gain access to power via a charm offensive--i.e. by making friends with people. Thett3 is one of those people.

Bsh- His kind nature, makes it almost impossible to do him wrong, or violate rules.

Bluesteel- Has a way of speaking in such a convincing tone...

Finally, there are some members, particularly those who have been here longer, who's debating prowess lends them a certain gravitas that accords their opinions commensurate weight.

Most of the people I mentioned gain power via a combination of these factors (activity, charm, intellectual ability). I don't really think though that there is a single most powerful member on the site as power can be assessed in a multiplicity of ways.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
UchihaMadara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2014 8:23:47 AM
Interesting Question.

Yup, that just about sums it up.
9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2014 2:04:36 PM
Interesting Question.

I agree, yeah. Although technically Juggle has potential infinite power over the site, in terms of active power Airmax is the top dog, followed by Ore Ele. I agree about the YYW; he even "took over DDO" once XD. Bladey does indeed hold much power too, I think he held more real power ever since he became Prez. And of course the top debaters symbolize power themselves: Blue, Raisor, Mikal, Classic, Roy, Danielle, Whiteflame...etc, etc. Although IMO Larz has potentiality to beat even the Elite four. At his best, he beat out two of those mentioned above, and they were unbeaten before he came along...
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10
ElCorazonAma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2014 2:11:14 PM
At 11/11/2014 8:53:46 AM, inferno wrote:
Greetings. Who do you believe is DDO's most powerful member. This can mean the person here who has the strongest edge, influence, and is just plain indomitable overall. May your choice very carefully. Good luck. =)

When you say "Most Powerful" what exactly do you mean? despite of what you posted here as well...

Who in your opinion is the Most Powerful?
The verb is real but the adjective is only a hypothetical ideal. ~ Freedo
9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2014 2:17:48 PM
At 11/12/2014 2:11:14 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:

When you say "Most Powerful" what exactly do you mean? despite of what you posted here as well...

^^^^^

This person right here looks normal from her profile pic and a new player in this place, but her looks are deceiving. It is exactly that her kindness and innocence in addition to her knowledge that spreads her peace. She's pretty much the only user capable of stopping a flame war other than Airmax and Ore.
Equestrian election

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10
ElCorazonAma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2014 2:20:35 PM
At 11/12/2014 2:17:48 PM, 9spaceking wrote:

^^^^^

This person right here looks normal from her profile pic and a new player in this place, but her looks are deceiving. It is exactly that her kindness and innocence in addition to her knowledge that spreads her peace. She's pretty much the only user capable of stopping a flame war other than Airmax and Ore.

NO tiendo! pero gracias usted! ;)
ElCorazonAma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2014 2:29:05 PM
At 11/12/2014 2:17:48 PM, 9spaceking wrote:

^^^^^

que estas hablando ? :P