Remember me, DDO? (Chapter Three)

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 11:29:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
"Theeeeeeett."

The slumbering Constable made a few unintelligible noises, shifted position in the warm, cozy bed, and promptly was still again.

"Theeeeeeett. Wake up."

The man in question lay still for a moment, apparently having not heard the repeated request, before a groggy yawn and a soft groan came from under the mound of sheets he rested under.

"What time is it? It feels late." The Constable finally spoke from the bed. He attempted to sit up, but quickly found that there was a weight on his waistline that was pinning him to the bed. Considering that he could feel two legs brushing up against his sides, he had a decent idea of which beautiful policewoman was sitting on his lap.

"Eight o' clock. You called in sick two hours ago." Royal replied merrily, tracing a line up and down Thett's chest through the bed sheet.

Thett's head cocked to the side in confusion. Eight in the morning? That couldn't be right. Looking at his bedside alarm clock, however, disproved that notion; it was, indeed, eight in the morning. And he called in sick two hours ago? He felt fine, other than being his usual groggy self in the morning. And unless he called the station in his sleep, he couldn't have called in sick. All of this passed through his thoughts in the span of a few moments.

"Huh? Why'd you call in sick for me? I feel fine." Thett asked curiously, sitting up a little and propping himself up with his elbows.

"Because you," Royal said, poking her finger into his chest to emphasize her words, "are not well. Your headaches are getting worse, and I am worried about it. "You're going to the doctor's office today."

Thett rolled his eyes sarcastically. "I'm fine, really. Besides, what could he tell me that I don't already know? I'm having headaches because I got hit in the head really, really, really hard." Thett teased.

This time it was Royal's turn to roll her eyes. She gave him one more pointed look before giving his chest a light slap. "You're going. It's decided." She declared.

Thett just chuckled in response, not really believing her. "If you say so." He dismissively responded.

-----

Boy, did she ever say so.

Within minutes of his dismissive response, Thett had been rousted from his peaceful slumber, commanded to take a shower, and then forcefully dressed. Then, as the most frightening thing of all, he was told that going to the doctor's office was his decision, but that the doctor came very highly recommended and that she would be disappointed if he chose not to go.

Translated from women speak, it meant that he had to go or no corner on earth would be safe enough for him to hide in. Typical Royal.

So at the doctor's office was where Thett found himself, sitting in the waiting lobby, twiddling his thumbs and maintaining eternal and absolute bor--

"Mister Thett3?" Came a voice, disrupting him from his solitude. Thett looked up to the nurse who came to usher him into an examining room and nodded, standing up from where he was seated.

"Well, time to go get my head examined." He mused quietly to himself, following the nurse to an examining room and sitting down on the table. The nurse, politely, told him to be patient and wait for the doctor to come in.

It wasn't much over a few minutes before the door opened and a man wheeled himself into the room. Yes, wheeled: he was in a wheelchair. "Mister Thett3 I presume? My name's Doctor bluesteel, but just call me bluesteel." The disabled doctor introduced himself, offering up a hand to shake. Thett took it, giving the hand a shake. "A pleasure to meet you doc. Was hoping you could shed some light on what's giving me headaches." Thett said, eliciting a nod from bluesteel. "Yes, I took the liberty of looking up your past medical history. You took quite the beating six months ago. Can you walk me through what happened?"

Thett frowned a little. "I can try, but I don't really remember anything of it. Apparently I was on a case tracking down some stolen goods and it took me to a remote island. They were being stored underground and when we stormed the place to retrieve them, the cavern started to collapse. The falling debris hit me and knocked me out cold. All I remember is waking up to my partner basically dragging me out."

Bluesteel nodded. Thett watched as the doctor's face turned to one of --- that couldn't have been amusement, could it have? --- before jotting a few things down onto a notepad. "I have a few ideas as to what could be troubling you," the doctor said, switching his writing surface from a notepad to a prescription pad. "But I can't be sure until I get you into a KAT scan. For now I'm going to prescribe you with some painkillers to help dull the pain of the headaches. Just take one with each meal. And if you keep having flare-ups don't hesitate to call us again. All that will be left to do is set up an appointment at the ER to get your head scanned, but the receptionist can do that for you. After that the results will get sent to me and I'll be seeing you again within the month for another check-up. I'll have the prescription sent in today, and you should be able to fill it within twenty-four hours." Bluesteel finished. Thett nodded, hoping off the table. "That sounds great, thanks doc." Bluesteel smiled --- or was that a smirk? --- before nodding. "Think nothing of it. You're free to go, just make sure to stop by the front desk to schedule those appointments."

-----

Thett walked in through the front door of the police station --- despite Royal having called in to tell them he was "sick" --- after the doctor"s appointment to go over some old case files of his. It was a hobby of his to look at cases that he couldn"t solve for a "fresh perspective" to see if he couldn"t unearth a lead where he might"ve missed it before. Usually it was an effort in vain, but it at least gave him some hope that one day he might be able to put to rest some of these outstanding questions, so that he could sleep easier.

But that wouldn't be this day. Waiting at his desk was the resident tech expert, a massive stack of papers within his arms.

"Mister Thett! Mister Thett!" the man squeaked out, who Thett only just remembered that his name was Bsh1. He blamed amnesia.

"Hey Bsh. What"s got you so excited?" Thett asked curiously, which caused him to slam the stack of papers down on his desk. "You owe me. Big time." He declared triumphantly.

Thett arched his eyebrow in curiosity. What did he owe this kid again? "Alright, you have my attention. What do I owe you, exactly?" Thett smiled, as if imagining the possible rewards he could devise. "We can go over exact payment later. But listen to what I have first." Bsh pleaded, and was met with a waving of Thett"s hand, to urge him to go on.

"Okay, so remember that piece of cardboard you wanted me to look into from the apartment building?" Bsh asked. Thett simply nodded, curious as to where he was going with all of this. "Okay, so I did some digging into it, like you asked me to, and it turns out that this isn"t just some ordinary cardboard cut-out." Thett kept waving his hand, trying to get to the point of all of this. Bsh ignored the impatience. "As it turns out, it was the "calling card" of an international grand theft ring, known as the "3 clan". They"re known for pulling off some of the biggest heists in thieving history. China, Australia, India, America, Paris, like, they"ve been everywhere."

Thett"s eyebrow arched higher. "So where are they now?"

----->
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 11:31:31 AM
----->

Bsh smiled, obviously having anticipated that question. "That"s the thing! They"ve never been caught. The only known arrest lasted a whole two hours before the arresting officer realized the helicopter she was using was going around in circles and the suspect, having slipped his cuffs, paraglided out of the helicopter. These guys are good, and they don"t get caught. And even if they do get caught, they don"t stay caught."

Thett nodded. He wasn"t sure what the connection between him, his past, and this thieving clan was, but it was the only lead he had. "Okay then, send me everything you have on them. I wanna get to know these guys a little better."

But Bsh simply shook his head and pointed to the stack of papers. "That"s what all of this is for: their file is sealed. It"s buried so far down in red tape I"d have to bring a flamethrower to even have a chance at getting through all of it."

Thett pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. "Then what was this entire conversation about if we can"t get anything from their file? It"s just a dead end."

Bsh shook his head, smiling slightly. "Not quite. The record is sealed, but lips aren"t. If you don"t want to wait forever for me to get through all the red tape and un-seal the file, you"d have to talk to the person who sealed it. And I did find that out without too much hassle."

Thett nodded. It wasn"t as good as he was hoping for, but at least it was something. Knowing his luck the person would be either dead or on the other side of the planet, though. "Okay, who is it and when can I get a meeting with them scheduled?"

Bsh grinned, apparently on the inside of a joke Thett wasn"t included in. "Well I"m pretty sure that you could get an appointment with her whenever you wanted, especially since she"s doing absolutely nothing right now sitting right"over"there." Bsh said, peeking up and over a cubicle wall and pointing toward a Detective toward the back of the room.

Thett"s jaw dropped, completely stumped by what all was going on. Bsh grinned, having succeeded in the intended reaction he wanted to get.

"Yep. Dear, ol" Detective Royalpaladin was the one who sealed it during her time with Interpol. If you want to unseal it, go talk to your girlfriend."

-----
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 11:33:08 AM
Yeaaaaaaah so remember when I said I had a two chapter buffer so cranking these out would be a piece of cake?

Yeeaaaaaaaaaaah. That buffer's already gone. #nosleepforme

Anyway, hope you are enjoying these.
9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 11:40:55 AM
At 11/15/2014 11:33:08 AM, Zaradi wrote:
Yeaaaaaaah so remember when I said I had a two chapter buffer so cranking these out would be a piece of cake?

Yeeaaaaaaaaaaah. That buffer's already gone. #nosleepforme

Anyway, hope you are enjoying these.

very interesting. I'm not entirely too sure what the plot is about right now tho...
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10
9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 11:41:20 AM
does Thett3 like have amnesia and is now going to the doctor?
Equestrian election

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 2:34:39 PM
excellent

Thett&Royal2014 vs Thermank2K14
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 3:08:32 PM
At 11/15/2014 2:34:39 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
excellent

Thett&Royal2014 vs Thermank2K14

There oughta be a poll
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 4:53:26 PM
Ctrl + F "Enannie"
Not found
*frowns*

Ctrl + F "Endari"
Found
*frowns*
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 4:54:03 PM
At 11/15/2014 4:53:26 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Ctrl + F "Enannie"
Not found
*frowns*

Ctrl + F "Endari"
Found
*frowns*

There is no Endari in the story, love.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 4:54:31 PM
At 11/15/2014 4:54:03 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Ctrl + F "Enannie"
Not found
*frowns*

Ctrl + F "Endari"
Found
*frowns*

Not in Zaradi's. Try it and see.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 4:55:01 PM
Ctrl + F "Enannie"
Not found
*frowns*

Ctrl + F "Endari"
Found
*frowns*

OMG enough already everyone keeps stealing my joke
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 4:55:37 PM
At 11/15/2014 4:54:31 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Ctrl + F "Enannie"
Not found
*frowns*

Ctrl + F "Endari"
Found
*frowns*

That's why I said in the story. Not in the thread. Silly.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 4:55:38 PM
At 11/15/2014 4:55:01 PM, thett3 wrote:
Ctrl + F "Enannie"
Not found
*frowns*

Ctrl + F "Endari"
Found
*frowns*

Mine wasn't a joke...
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 4:56:46 PM
At 11/15/2014 4:55:37 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Ctrl + F "Enannie"
Not found
*frowns*

Ctrl + F "Endari"
Found
*frowns*

We'll see... *evil smiles*
Ramblings should be up within the week.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 4:57:26 PM
At 11/15/2014 4:56:46 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 11/15/2014 4:55:37 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Ctrl + F "Enannie"
Not found
*frowns*

Ctrl + F "Endari"
Found
*frowns*

We'll see... *evil smiles*
Ramblings should be up within the week.

You really don't have room to object, what with your profile picture and all. And unlike my cases, people on DDO actually believe yours.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 4:58:50 PM
At 11/15/2014 4:57:26 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
You really don't have room to object, what with your profile picture and all. And unlike my cases, people on DDO actually believe yours.
*rolls eyes playfully*
No they don't. And you started it sweetie. :P
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 4:59:19 PM
Ctrl + F "Enannie"
Not found
*frowns*

Ctrl + F "Endari"
Found
*frowns*

CTRL + F "Rev"
Not found
*kills Thett in Warped*

;D
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 5:00:27 PM
At 11/15/2014 4:58:50 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
*rolls eyes playfully*

I'd say they do. You have, want, half a dozen people thinking you're a lesbian now?

Proportional response, dearie. Nobody I flirt with actually flirts back. I'm just unlovable to all but you.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 5:00:59 PM
At 11/15/2014 4:59:19 PM, RevNge wrote:
Ctrl + F "Enannie"
Not found
*frowns*

Ctrl + F "Endari"
Found
*frowns*

CTRL + F "Rev"
Not found
*kills Thett in Warped*

;D

I'm like half your arc two storyline
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 5:01:25 PM
*rolls eyes playfully*

lol you guys. just marry already.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 5:01:51 PM
At 11/15/2014 5:00:27 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
*rolls eyes playfully*

I'd say they do. You have, want, half a dozen people thinking you're a lesbian now?
Aww. *pats head* Most of them are just joking hun. *kisses cheek*

Proportional response, dearie. Nobody I flirt with actually flirts back. I'm just unlovable to all but you.
I beg to differ, but you better be. ;-*
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 5:02:41 PM
At 11/15/2014 5:01:51 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
*rolls eyes playfully*

Dear, I've gotten some interesting messages. I don't think they are.

Nobody I flirt with actually flirts back *publicly*
Better?
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 5:02:48 PM
At 11/15/2014 5:01:25 PM, Cermank wrote:
*rolls eyes playfully*

I sucked it up and asked him Cermanky but he said no. :<
He said we already know how we feel for each other, so we don't need to reaffirm it for anyone else.
(He's one of those... xD)
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 5:04:03 PM
At 11/15/2014 5:00:59 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 11/15/2014 4:59:19 PM, RevNge wrote:
Ctrl + F "Enannie"
Not found
*frowns*

Ctrl + F "Endari"
Found
*frowns*

CTRL + F "Rev"
Not found
*kills Thett in Warped*

;D

I'm like half your arc two storyline

I can find someone else. LOL
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 5:04:15 PM
At 11/15/2014 5:02:41 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 11/15/2014 5:01:51 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
*rolls eyes playfully*

Dear, I've gotten some interesting messages. I don't think they are.

As you said, we know how we feel for each other, and don't need to reaffirm it to anyone else.

Nobody I flirt with actually flirts back *publicly*
Better?
Ahem. Dennis silly.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 5:05:13 PM
At 11/15/2014 5:02:48 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
*rolls eyes playfully*

He said we already know how we feel for each other, so we don't need to reaffirm it for anyone else.

It's just that if he marries, he won't be able to commit adultery, so he can't see Denny, Zaradi, or Niam again. LOL
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 5:05:26 PM
*rolls eyes playfully*

Funny, dear, I think that's what YOU said. :-p
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 5:07:48 PM
At 11/15/2014 5:05:26 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
*rolls eyes playfully*

Funny, dear, I think that's what YOU said. :-p

I repeated it, after YOU said so. Notice how I didn't flirt with anyone else till YOU complained of ME ruining your fun with your boy friends, in that thread where Denny rejected you. :P
*kisses your cheek*
But that's okay. I'll always love you. <3
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY