Jump to topic:

Should there be a literature section?

Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2014 3:31:37 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I really think it would be awesome to have a literature section. Especially then, you can discuss books (both non fiction and fiction).

And most importantly, fan fictions can be thoroughly discussed as well.

News articles, authors, even how-tos for debates can be talked about in the literature section.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2014 4:12:02 AM
At 11/19/2014 3:31:37 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
I really think it would be awesome to have a literature section. Especially then, you can discuss books (both non fiction and fiction).

And most importantly, fan fictions can be thoroughly discussed as well.

News articles, authors, even how-tos for debates can be talked about in the literature section.

Amen.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2014 4:12:46 AM
How about we start making threads for these in the Entertainment (or Art) section, since it's pretty dead?
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2014 7:07:20 AM
At 11/19/2014 4:12:46 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
How about we start making threads for these in the Entertainment (or Art) section, since it's pretty dead?

Right. Well it seems those sections are pretty dead too. I mean, no one really visits them and not even me. 'Entertainment' may just be too broad a subject. You could be talking about tv shows, games and then someone will switch to just making jokes or last comment wins.I think if the sections were more narrowly focused, we could get higher activity from members, reading stuff they want. Otherwise, I think people will be inclined to just post in the debate.org section where they'll know they'll get some attention if you know what I mean?

I get that in the past people have asked for new sections but maybe it wasn't relevant or didn't cover a broad range of subjects. Like a fanfiction section which only covers fanfiction. But a literature section sounds like it's broad enough and sounds like it will fit in the other sections like Entertainment, Games, Science or history. Also aren't books like, the bible of intellectuals? Books in general I mean. So I'm totally in favor of a literature section. Seriously. I mean, right now. I can't start breathing again if it doesn't happen.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us