First Priority of the President

mortsdor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2014 8:04:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Get the crap off the front page of DDO.

the Forums should be the first page of DDO.

I can understand Juggle thinking Bright and engaging pictures might draw people in, but in reality it probably drives people, who might be interested in what the site actually has, AWAY.

It makes the site look beyond stupid..
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2014 8:50:59 AM
At 11/20/2014 8:04:15 AM, mortsdor wrote:

President can't actually do anything about that without having mod abilities (which Bladerunner does not).

the Forums should be the first page of DDO.

I can understand Juggle thinking Bright and engaging pictures might draw people in, but in reality it probably drives people, who might be interested in what the site actually has, AWAY.

It makes the site look beyond stupid..
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
mortsdor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2014 8:56:49 AM
At 11/20/2014 8:50:59 AM, Zaradi wrote:

President can't actually do anything about that without having mod abilities (which Bladerunner does not).

I'm aware that the president doesn't have any actual power to do anything...

however, supposedly they represent the members.. and push for what they want for the site..
Isn't that the point of having a president?

This should be issue #1

also, I would hope Airmax would do his best to make suggestions to Juggle as well.

The front page of the site is just plain embarrassing, and has GOT to be doing more harm than good for the interest of both the members, and Juggle I would think.

The front page of the site Immediately makes the site seem wholly trivial and stupid.
I can't imagine that's in anyone's interest.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2014 8:59:44 AM
At 11/20/2014 8:56:49 AM, mortsdor wrote:
At 11/20/2014 8:50:59 AM, Zaradi wrote:

I'm aware that the president doesn't have any actual power to do anything...

however, supposedly they represent the members.. and push for what they want for the site..
Isn't that the point of having a president?

This should be issue #1

also, I would hope Airmax would do his best to make suggestions to Juggle as well.

That doesn't mean that they can do anything about it other than manually delete each and every individual thread that comes up, which is probably really tedious and time consuming. So complaining about the President/Mods not doing their job when it's something that's entirely out of their control/not easily done is kinda dumb.

Moreover, even if they're suggesting it to Juggle, that doesn't mean Juggle's actually going to do something about it. You of all people should know about Juggle's (in)activity on the site, given how long you've been around...
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
mortsdor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2014 9:09:13 AM
At 11/20/2014 8:59:44 AM, Zaradi wrote:
That doesn't mean that they can do anything about it other than manually delete each and every individual thread that comes up, which is probably really tedious and time consuming. So complaining about the President/Mods not doing their job when it's something that's entirely out of their control/not easily done is kinda dumb.

I was stating what I think should be the Members #1 suggestion to Juggle, and that this suggestion be made in as exhaustive manner as possible.

It's something that it seems everybody agrees on, and probably hurts the site.
It would be good to see something done about it, and though Juggle may be relatively inactive I'd think they'd respond if the case was made in a strong manner...

they instituted change the change in the first place, if it's suggested that it hurts the site, and argued for why it shouldn't be too tough to change it I'd think.

Just saying I hope this is being suggested in as strong a manner as possible.
mortsdor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2014 9:11:47 AM
At 11/20/2014 8:59:44 AM, Zaradi wrote:
You of all people should know about Juggle's (in)activity on the site, given how long you've been around...

when I was here last juggle was more active in changing things up than Phil was...

but that was right after they'd taken it over.

I would think changing the front page shouldn't be all that tough.