Jump to topic:

Warped: A DDO Chronicle Chapter 7

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2014 11:12:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
A/N: The first arc is almost at an end! I never thought I'd have the incentive to continue writing this fanfic for this long, to be honest (sorry Endark :P), and I'd like to thank all of the support, threats, and hate mail I have received throughout the agonizingly slow progress of this fanfic. It makes me feel so loved. Oh, and feel free to review my fanfiction with satire if you want, because if this was written by someone else, I know I would write a bunch of troll things. :P Well then, here we go, and enjoy the seventh chapter!

Reminder: Do not post until all three posts are up. I'll have the rest up tomorrow.

Reminder: Do not post until all three posts are up. I'll have the rest up tomorrow.

Previous Chapter:

Chapter 7: November 1st, 2014

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!"

Naturally, that was Rev screaming as he fell from the cliff, an invisible force brutally stomping on his fingertips, leaving him grasping at what used to be sharp rock now thin air.

As he plummeted to his inevitable doom...or maybe it was evitable. While his hands desperately grappled and skidded along the rough wall of the cliff, he glanced downwards to see a rapidly approaching branch jutting from the rock beneath him.

Holding his arms outstretched as he dropped, he managed to nab the withered wood, ignoring the screaming protests of his gashed hands--wait, withered?

SNAP.

The scene resumed, and Rev yelped as he stared disbelievingly at the broken branch within his hands.

Cursing, he threw away the branch, which ironically fell slowly and was soon far above him due to its light structure. Unable to look at the infuriating sight slowly drifting above his head, As he stared at the ground below him grow in size, he decided that in this entire game, karma was there to bite him on the as5 multiple times.

In DP1, Rev was picked as the TP Serial Killer, and after taking fifteen seconds to read the role PM to make sure he wasn't hallucinating from the amount of root beer he drank a couple of hours ago, he wasted the remaining forty-five seconds he had before the game by cursing and stomping around the invisible floor.

The theme was based on a novel called Lord of the Flies, which he had thankfully read a year ago, and his character was Roger, a sadistic boy who loved to torture people, and highly resembled Annie. However, he also had a three-shot roleblocker packaged with his nightly kill, so it wasn't so bad, that is, until he spawned.

When he was first warped into the game, he immediately noticed that two of the players were the ones that he and his friends had fought in the hotel lobby one week ago, and apparently, they had noticed that he was the squirt who stomped on the balls of the younger player for fun, and apparently wasn't still over that since they began glaring at him. Another "apparently" was the fact that they were dressed rather poorly, clothes slightly ragged, and painfully thin to make even Rev cringe whenever he looked at them.

During the first few days of the game, people were slowly divided into social groups as their differences became painfully clear; the 200 players who managed to save a spot at the starter hotel, 500 others able to find other small inns after much exploring, approximately 1,500 players who spent the nights in other buildings, and the massive remainder of the players who were left out alone on the streets, unable to enter buildings with a full capacity, closing hours, or a level requirement, or the ones who had spent their money unwisely, and had no way of earning it. Unfortunately, Mauru was rather difficult to earn, with even the beginner quests usually taking days for the average player to complete, and didn't yield enough XP to increase their level significantly.

Apparently, those group of players that they had kicked out of the lobby were now some of those "homeless," and they didn't look too happy about it, either. In fact, Rev was sure that they would kill him the first chance they could get.

Boy, was he right.

In each NP, he was relentlessly targeted by the Mafia, judging from the multiple footsteps that always thudded his way. Of course, he knew that those two players were Mafia, judging from the infuriated looks they gave him at the beginning of each DP, and even "accidentally" voted to lynch him in the DP. He tried to exploit them as scum many times, but most of the players laughed at him and told him he "didn't know anything since he was a kid."

Needless to say, he relished the great pleasure of slaughtering the infuriating stupidity, particularly the expressions of terror and the pleas for their invisible murderer to spare them, albeit vain. He only wished they could see who was killing them.

That sounded very Annie of him, now that he thought about it while continuously falling. Still, he wasn't as upset about his deeds as he would have if he had to kill some normal people.

While he was able to easily outrun the Mafia, hide from them, or flee, it also prevented him from getting all his nightly kills in (once, he even had to abandon a target due to the sound of rapid footsteps approaching him), and thus the reason why this game had taken so long--combined with the inconsistency of the SK kill and the nonexistent Mafia NK, the game has lasted up to NP8.

Tonight, however, would be the final night. There are two remaining Mafiosos, both of who are the players from the lobby, and they had set out to kill him, and it was mandatory for Rev to kill both of them tonight in order to win.

At first, he was successful. He knew both players could see him, and hid in a tall tree until he spotted them. After stalking them for a while (also like Annie), he heard them deciding to split up, and silently stole through the ground behind the player whose balls he had stomped on over a month ago.

He tackled the boy to the ground, flipped him to his side, and using a stone he had found earlier, violently pounded into his temple.

Unfortunately, it was dark, and he must have slightly missed the lethal target, but the bloodcurdling scream was enough to tell him that it was a very slight miss, and that the other Mafia player would be out to get him.

While the boy's current condition didn't offer the possibility that Rev had to fight two people simultaneously, the chances of killing the invisible player while that player knew where he wasn't looking so bright.

He brought the rock down in a vicious arc once more, and this time, he must have hit his mark, for there was only silence except for his panting and footsteps rapidly growing in sound.

Before he could acknowledge the first half of his victory or respond to the approaching player, a sharp force slammed into his ribs and sent him sprawling to the ground.

It went downhill from there. Rev was forced to flee, and he could tell from the sound of the footsteps that the player wasn't too far behind him. The hit had knocked the wind out of him, and soon, he was chased all the way to the cliff with no way to curve back as the terrain inclined and met at the peak. A brief brawl ensued, and the result was Rev landing a blow on thin air, and he was brutally knocked to the ground. Before he could get back up, he was shoved off the edge. A final attempt to grab the ledge was made, but his fingers were ruthlessly stomped on, and here he was now.

It was apparent to anyone that he was screwed, and the chances of imminent death skyrocketed as the distance between him and the ground went in the contrary direction.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 4:22:27 AM
Ctrl + F "Annie"
*smiles*

ATTENTION: Rev is now back to his initial position on the interview thread sign up list.
[shameless plug]
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 6:43:26 PM
"SH1T!" Rev screamed.

That perfectly summed up his current situation in one word, but he didn't really want that to be his last word, and scanned the ground below. He was only a few seconds away from impact, and no shriveled branch was there to give him a false hope or a temporary respite.

Well, he was going to die. Oddly enough, he wasn't terrified or even sad. He was downright pissed at this humiliating ending of his life.

Still, he had to come up with some last words besides the one he just uttered...

He wouldn't have any time to say them, anyway. The ground rushed at him much too rapidly, and all he could do was bend his knees, tuck into a roll, and brace himself for the impact.

He felt nothing, not even the slightest nudge against the ground.

Slowly, he opened his eyes, and he found himself staring at the rocky terrain staring at him two inches from his face.

"AHH!" Yelping, he tried to jump back...tried to. He couldn't move his body at all, not even an inch.

Did he die in the game? Was this his mind residing in his now dead body?

Perhaps he was in Heaven, but considering his actions in the game, he wasn't so sure. Still, there were no agonizing flames consuming him, so maybe that was a good sign...?

He yelped a second time in surprise before Nature took over and made him finish his fall, planting his face in the earth while doing so.

THUD.

Rev groaned, rolling over on his back, before realizing (a little late) that he wasn't dead.

His emotions were in between the option of kissing the ground and praising whatever supernatural force had saved him, or cursing for the rest of the NP and moping around. He opted for neither, and stared up at the towering cliff which he had fallen from.

How in the world had he survived that? It must have been at least one...no, two hundred feet high. At the very least, he should have sustained some injuries.

No, he knew how he survived. The real question was that of the freeze. Was it some kind of role bonus? An item? He had no skill stats like all players before their first game, and couldn't use anything...and he always had to ambush people to utilize his roleblocking bonus. In fact, he had killed them as well if he could.

Point being, there was no help in the Night Phase, and you had to do everything by yourself, or using the map to your advantage. So why did he freeze mid-air, and why didn't he take the damage when his fall resumed?

Suddenly, his phone began buzzing again. Grumbling, he rose unsteadily to the ground. Instead, he found that he could perfectly flip himself up as he could do normally. He realized that there were no gashes on his hands, no bruises or fractured bones, and no pain at all, really. They seemed to have disappeared in an instant.

Mafia Online PM
Welcome to the eighth Night Phase (NP) of your first game!

The theme of this game is LORD OF THE FLIES. You are ROGER, the sadistic executioner and torturer of Jack's tribe. However, you are not picky about who you will wound, as long as it suits to your own pleasure. Therefore, you are the SERIAL KILLER, and have the ability to attempt to kill one person of your choosing every night. The present map is CASTLE ROCK.

It is highly recommended to choose your target ASAP and preferably in the beginning of the DP.

Below it, only one person remained besides himself: Lianos. The rest were grayed out, including the player he had first killed in the NP...

Rev wasn't quite sure what had happened, except for the fact that it was most likely a glitch of some sort. Most likely. At any rate, there was only one thing left to do, and it was mandatory that he didn't screw it up this time.

Taking a deep breath, he tapped on the remaining name, and began sprinting, a routine all too familiar to him by now.

Judging from the username in his vision, Lianos was still atop the cliff, most likely wondering why Rev hasn't died. He knew fully well that the remaining mafia player knew that he was approaching, but he also knew that the player was unaware that he could now see him. If he could just pretend that he didn't know where he was, then catch him by surprise...

That could work, but even if Rev could catch him by surprise, he was still highly uncertain of the outcome. Lianos looked to be about nineteen judging from the past DPs, and despite his haggardness, seemed to be significantly stronger than his friend that was killed a few hours ago. Not to mention the height advantage. Of course, Rev was most likely faster and more agile than his opponent, but the Mafia member could merely block his attacks, even if he used some sort of weapon.

Suddenly, the name began moving downwards from the slope of the cliff. Rapidly, at an alarming pace, and to Rev's surprise, his direction. There wasn't much time left until he approached. Picking up a jagged stone from Castle Rock, he waited for the advancing player to appear.

After several minutes, Rev could see Lianos silently treading the ground toward him. Taking great care not to acknowledge his presence, he instead began walking in slow circles and looking around him, his stone nonchalantly concealed in his pocket.

Glancing from the corner of his eye, Rev sized up his opponent. He surprisingly had no weapon except for his clenched fists, and was surprisingly still panting from his scuffle with Rev a while ago. He looked at Rev warily, obviously wondering how he had survived the fall and about the disappearance of his wounds, which Rev was still wondering about as well.

Lianos began to advance. Three yards...two yards...

Would this work? Rev tightened his grip on the cold stone with his right hand, still maintaining his seeming apathy.

One yard...one foot...

Lianos stopped, and lunged at Rev with his right fist. He shifted toward the right, the fist missing, and before Lianos could recover, he pulled out his stone and stabbed it into his adversary's stomach.

Chink.

Rev stared in disbelief as the point sank in by a mere inch and promptly broke off. Lianos gaped at his wound, which was intended to be lethal but failed in its purpose.

Slowly, he looked back at Rev. "Y--You..."

Wasting no time, Rev interrupted him with a sucker punch straight into the wound he had created.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 6:49:24 PM
yay! :D You posted i! :D
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 10:03:22 PM
A/N: I changed my mind and made it longer, so it'll be four posts. Don't you dare post after this. *cough* Annie *cough*

Rev fell down to the ground for about the hundredth time that day. His body was scattered with bruises and gashes, and his mentor was free of such pain, albeit a few superficial wounds.

Rev groaned, rubbing his head with a scratched hand to alleviate the new headache he had received. "Mikal, what the hell was that for?"

Mikal peered down at him curiously, the dull weapon never failing and remaining in front of him. "What do you mean, Rev? Don't you want to learn how to fight?"

Rev huffed. "I already know how to fight...okay, maybe not this well, but still." He hastily corrected himself after Mikal frowned.

Sighing, Mikal raised an eyebrow. "Rev, have you read the tutorials for Mafia Online yet?"

"Of course." It was the third day since their plunge into this world, and players could be seen everywhere with their phones out, no doubt learning about Mafia.

Mikal slightly narrowed his eyes. "Then you do know that each match's NP...is a fight to the death, right?"

Rev fidgeted uncomfortably. "Well...yeah...but as long as I make it into the top ten--"

"No." Rev tilted his head, confused. "If, by any chance, you are targeted by the Mafia early, then you have little to no chance to surviving that game. You have to be prepared."

Rev wearily got back up to his feet, grasping the practice rod off the ground and raising it again. Mikal wasted no time in lunging, and Rev was only barely able to dodge the blow, and attempted to thrust a blow into his side. It was easily parried, and Rev's weapon was knocked out of his hands again, and a second blow sent him in the same path.

"Oof." Rev rubbed his head again, his body aching from the strikes he had endured. "Why me, though?" He was curious as why Mikal would train him, out of all the people from DDO. He didn't even know him very well, so why him?

Mikal peered down at him again. "You're just a kid, that's why."

Rev snatched up his staff while lying on the ground and jabbed at Mikal's shin in frustration. Mikal sidestepped, chuckling.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" he demanded.

"Look around you, Rev. There are adults everywhere in this world, and you might just be the youngest player in Mafia Online. They might have some problems, but they'll manage. You and others, on the other hand, will be as good as dead if you're attacked by someone outside of your age group. You have to learn how to fight people that are larger and stronger than you."

Rev hesitated. So that's why Uchiha was always limping when they went back to the hotel? That's why 9space had a black eye? That why Niam couldn't play any musical instrument yesterday and was clutching his left hand most of the time?

Mikal flipped open his phone, toying with the rod in his other hand. "Well, you still have forty minutes left. Enough talking, or we won't have enough time for hand-to-hand combat."

Rev forced himself upright once more. "Fine..."

Now, as he traded blows with the remaining hindrance of his victory, Rev was eternally grateful for the arduous training he had underwent with Mikal.

Lianos threw a punch at Rev, who knew the move after so many tries with Mikal, and pushed it off to the side. Making usage of his opening, he viciously aimed a kick at his right knee.

"AH!" The player stumbled a few feet away, but to Rev's disappointment, stayed on his feet.

Put your fists up to the sides of your head. Stay out of the opponent's longer range, parry his attack, and land a blow.

Easier said than done, but after a week of getting beaten up, Rev could manage it. Lianos studied him warily, panting from his charge.

His opponent had one hand clamped on his stomach, and his leg must be somewhat wounded due to the resulting cry of pain. He was also panting heavily from his unwitting sprint toward Rev.

However, Rev lost the advantage of surprise now, and faster or not, his opponent was older than him, and their difference in size was getting more apparent now that they were face to face, not to mention more likely stronger as well.

Lianos kicked out at Rev with his injured leg, and he chose to counter it with a kick of his own, aiming for the knee again.

Two mistakes on both parts. Rev underestimated the strength of his opponent and felt a sharp pain in his ankle, while Lianos howled in pain, hobbled on one foot, and fell to the ground.

Stumbling towards him, Rev stomped on his knee of the fallen player. Shrieking again, Lianos lashed out with his other leg, which was parried again, albeit barely.

Do whatever means to stay alive. Fight by cheating and all means, no matter how dirty of a trick it is.

Using the delay of the kick, Rev promptly crushed the stomach wound under his heel, plunging the shard of rock stuck in the flesh even deeper.

Screaming, the player tried to roll over and kick out again, but apparently the motion was impossible without sending surges of pain from his stomach, and new spurts of blood flowed beneath his shoe.

"Y--you..."

Lianos tried to pull Rev's leg off of his wound, but the damage was already taking its toll. He raised it a few inches off the blood, only to have his smaller opponent ruthlessly bring it down with even more force.

He was abruptly interrupted by coughs that sent scarlet fluids running down his lips. "You're a monster, you--" Another cough. "Know that?"

"Says the person who has been trying to kill me for every single one of the last NPs," retorted Rev, never ceasing his brutal attack.

The teen began coughing, face grimacing in pain and seemingly accepting his upcoming death. "No...before that...at the hotel..." More scarlet escaped along with his words. "You and your friends all put us into poverty..."

Rev didn't have enough concentration to spare for guilt. "Survival of the fittest," he shrugged while pounding on the shard like a hammer to a nail.

More blood. "And you...you killed...my little...brother...this NP..."

That certainly got his attention, but he wasn't too bothered. "Shut up. You two will most likely respawn again since you made it into the top 40% of the scores in this game."

Lianos smiled weakly. "I don't want to go back to that hell...having to starve every day, watching my brother growing thin and hungry...we'll die then."

"I said shut up, will you? I'll pay you back after the game."

Silence. He looked up at Rev curiously, oblivious to the situation at the moment. "What do you mean?"

"My friends and I earned a lot of money in the first week...we'll pay you back for what we did that night in the lobby." All right, maybe he did feel some guilt. Besides, it was the least he could do.

More silence. Rev looked down, blood spilling to the ground, to see his enemy's eyes drooping shut. A small smile marred by gore formed on his wounded features. Then he grew still.

Rev looked up expectantly, and was greeted by the announcement "The NP has ended! The Third Party Serial Killer has won! The endgame will be up shortly."

A white aura spiraled around him once more.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 10:06:39 PM
A/N: Actually, you know what? Screw it. End of the chapter. XD I hoped you guys enjoyed it, and I'm extremely sorry for delaying it. Also, as you can see from my chapter, I have a gigantic ego and an extremely narcissistic person. LOL Well, anyway, the finale of the arc is in the next chapter, and then on to something new! Stay tuned for more, and look out for Chapter 8!
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 10:08:25 PM
You may now post.

You may now post.

You may now post.

You may now post.

You may now post.

Yes, Annie, you may now post. :3
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 4:29:41 AM
*annie types up long response on incognito, awaits rev to post last part*
*annie ex's off tab by accident*
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 8:15:14 AM
At 11/26/2014 4:29:41 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
*annie types up long response on incognito, awaits rev to post last part*
*annie ex's off tab by accident*

LOL

CTRL + W maybe? XD

We need a way to autosave posts like debates...
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 8:22:07 AM
Ctrl + F Yama
*Sees Nothing*
Okay REv... I see how it is.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 8:56:41 AM
At 11/26/2014 8:22:07 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Ctrl + F Yama
*Sees Nothing*

Bruh, you'll be in the next chapter. :P

And the second arc will be longer chapters with more POV's, so more people will be featured.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2014 7:09:26 AM
At 11/25/2014 10:08:25 PM, RevNge wrote:
You may now post.

You may now post.

You may now post.

You may now post.

You may now post.

Yes, Annie, you may now post. :3

Why the effiing eff did you not inform me of this >:(

And now I will lose sleep! (well I didn't need it anyway)
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2014 8:10:07 AM
At 11/26/2014 8:56:41 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 11/26/2014 8:22:07 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Ctrl + F Yama
*Sees Nothing*

Bruh, you'll be in the next chapter. :P

And the second arc will be longer chapters with more POV's, so more people will be featured.

Amazing chapter. By far my favourite!

I lold, I gasped, and then I rolled over my bed.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 11:55:54 AM
At 11/29/2014 11:46:29 AM, Cermank wrote:
noice. keep it coming rev!

Thank you!

Chapter 8 (the finale of the first arc) will be published in a few hours, by the way.