Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

DDO Fanfic: Sisyphus Revisited (Introduction)

Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 4:30:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
The following story is purely fictitious, any resemblance to a real event is purely coincidental. If you would like your name removed from this work, please message me, and I will see what I can do. I have in general though only used the names of people who signed up, or I took permission from. I apologize if this is horrible, it is my first attempt at writing fiction, I have only ever written essays. The first part of this was written a month back when I posted the sign-ups for "Sisyphus Revisited" I have only now continued it. Again, apologies if this sucks arse. Most characters are written using their real names, if you do not know who a person is, feel free to ask.

"...the trumpet shall sound"
1 Corinthians 15:52

The sweet, supple lips of lovers art oft dreamlike. Soft lips lay kisses on Dennis" face, awaking him from whatever fantasy he had been in. He looked up to see Rebekah"s face looking at him. He raised himself to an upright position before kissing Rebekah. As the kiss ended, they stared into each other"s eyes, and slowly kissed again. The soft patter of rain rang as a soft melody.

"In dancing silver-sandalled on the sea,
Sing in their high, and lonely melody.
Come near, that no more blinded by man"s fate,
I find under the boughs of love, and hate,
In all poor foolish things that live a day,
Eternal beauty wandering on her way."
William Butler Yeats

====================================

"It isn"t so." said Lizz (debatability) protesting. She was walking with her friends in the school courtyard. She rather liked her friends, they allowed her to be "colorful", and she was all too aware of the tragedy of being colorless. She neglected the colors so as to consider how she would summarize them. For what use would be these summaries, Max alone knows. There was the Pale Chestnut, the sweet boy who was in love with her, even if he would never seriously admit it. She liked the color well enough, it was cool, and the nuttiness gave to her an intrigue she would not find otherwise; well at least not in the form she"d like to digest. No, chestnuts are nice, but their pale forms are so much more "bearable" thought Lizz. Then of course there was Chartreuse; she thought it very good of herself for identifying this color, when so few could. It was a mixture of both the calm, constant green, and the spicy, sweet-sour lemon yellow. If it were not for the yellow, the green would have been too little for her. The yellow added a beauty if it were, she mused on this for some time. It was always fun playing with Chartreuse, the playful bouts were so much in contradiction with Pale Chestnut, and yet she enjoyed them both. The last color that she was walking with Dark White. Ha! She had no need to conform to actuality, yes, this last color was dark white, ever so changing, yet not white in the least. It seemed appropriate for a color that showed changes ever so often.

"You just can"t deny it," said Gabriel (Bossy), "its a matter of fact. The United Debate Republic has been formed...". Lizz took a sigh of relief, for a second she thought that they were still discussing her sexuality. "Honestly," she said to herself, "sometimes being the only girl in the group is awful". "Rather unresponsive today Lizz", Daltonian said, "you usually have a lot more to say on nearly everything".
"Oh sorry, I was just thinking."
The other two turn their focus on this new conversation.
"Nothing important, don"t we have class now Dalt?"
"Yeah, I think we do; its Mr. Kevin"s class."
"Then we better get going."

Daltonian, and Lizz say their goodbyes to Gabriel, and Uchiha (UchihaMadara) and walk to class. They are already a little late so the hallway is rather empty. After one more preemptive look around to make sure there is no one present they exchange a long, lusty kiss. "Damn girl, can you always think about what you were thinking about before we kiss?" said Daltonian, but Lizz had already walked into the classroom.

========================

"Hey, you know it too right?" said Uchiha to Gabriel with a childish smirk.
"Know what?" replied Gabriel.
"You know, that Lizz and Dalton are..." Uchiha does not complete the sentence, but stands there with a smile.
"...that they are....what?" asks Gabriel raising an eyebrow. Uchiha in response makes a smooching gesture.
"Yes, I think its rather evident that they are exchanging erotic stimulus."
"You dont have to say it like that, I mean just say they"re dating."
"That though is not the case, my dear Uchiha, for they would then have told us, no? Obviously this is not a relationship, its something else...something they"re ashamed of."

Uchiha stays silent, waiting for the slight tension that seems to have developed to end. He is saved when Zaradi joins them. They once more return to the platitudes of everyday life, discussing the most pertinent of issues, with the best nonchalance that they can muster.

==============================

From a distance Sargon watches them, a grin on his face.

"Have you no shame Max, look at what shall happen.
You look from Heaven"s eye, while trouble I shall brew,
There has been enough of pleasure, and joy
Let us now moan the birth of a second Troy.

There is much that shall happen in this rusty little world,
No walls or chambers will protect this place,
Tomorrow shall arrive the two lovers who departed,
And chaos will rise from what I have started"

=============================

Okay I know this is only the Introduction, and it sucked arse but I promise to try and improve. I do hope to get better at this, it is after all only my first try. A lot of new characters have to be introduced and the theme has to build. In any case I hope you did not have to endure too much mental pain with this. I know its terrible short for an update but as I say, I"m a bad writer, and this takes time. I hope to get the next update in soon. Until then, bye? :P
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 5:10:11 AM
*pulls out whip*

You've been holding out on us man! That was excellent. I loved it. :D

Gabriel and Uchiha are such cuties. *pinches their cheeks*
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 5:30:30 AM
*reads*
Liking this

*pauses*

Ctrl + F "Annie"
No results

*closes page*

;-)
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 5:41:31 AM
At 11/23/2014 5:30:30 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
*reads*
Liking this

*pauses*

Ctrl + F "Annie"
No results

*closes page*

;-)

You'll be there, don't worry.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 11:44:38 AM
At 11/23/2014 5:41:31 AM, Ajabi wrote:
You'll be there, don't worry.
O_O That... sounded kind of evil...
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 12:08:19 PM
At 11/23/2014 4:30:10 AM, Ajabi wrote:

You would say 'erotic stimulus' you dork ;p

All in all, this is a decent intro - I give it a 7.5/10 with a -2.5 mark for the absence of BoT.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
That1User
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 1:42:27 PM
At 11/23/2014 12:08:19 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

All in all, this is a decent intro - I give it a 7.5/10 with a -2.5 mark for the absence of BoT.

Perhaps one day I will be famous enough to be mentioned in a DDO fanfic, I will be so famous, in fact, that I will be the random extra who dies in the background.
"Our life is what our thoughts make it."
R13; Marcus Aurelius
"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius
"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." -Voltaire
"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do. "-Voltaire
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 1:43:49 PM
At 11/23/2014 1:42:27 PM, That1User wrote:

Perhaps one day I will be famous enough to be mentioned in a DDO fanfic, I will be so famous, in fact, that I will be the random extra who dies in the background.

It is, indeed, an honor to be killed off in a fanfic.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
That1User
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 1:47:09 PM
At 11/23/2014 1:43:49 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 11/23/2014 1:42:27 PM, That1User wrote:

It is, indeed, an honor to be killed off in a fanfic.

To die in the final battle of a fanfic would be the ultimate honor.
"Our life is what our thoughts make it."
R13; Marcus Aurelius
"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius
"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." -Voltaire
"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do. "-Voltaire
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2014 8:56:36 PM
I thought I responded to this.. apparently not.. but it is a refreshing mix of both deeply creepy and intriguing at the same time.. omg..

You know this is going to be a sexually heated up story with all that "exchanging of erotic stimulus" .. oumpf
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby