*Presidential Update*

bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 8:51:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Howdy folks!

Some of you may have noticed that I skipped some weeks in my updates. This was an experiment, because I had some thinkin' to do. I also didn't number this one. I promise, there were reasons for it.

First, let me say this: There's about a month (possibly a little less) left in my presidency. The mods will run the next election like they always do, but the specific date hasn't been announced, and it's their prerogative to do the announcing. I am running again, and I hope that I've done a good enough job this term that ya'll elect me for another. I just want to thank everyone who's been helping me so far, particularly bsh1, my VP.

As the term of my presidency draws to a close, I've been doing more and more thinking about what I want to be, need to be, or should be doing. When I became president, I thought one of the things I could do to do a good job was to make sure that I was constantly updating everybody on what was going on. While I do think keeping that line open is important, I've realized that doing them every week probably too much. As I work on things, I spend a lot of time saying "I'm doing stuff" but not being able to be specific as to some of it, and when things take a few weeks to accomplish I feel like it looks like I'm spinning my wheels, when I really am working on stuff. I took some weeks off to get some perspective on the matter (it didn't hurt that I had a lot going on personally, too, but skipping weeks was a conscious choice). I'm going to change how I do these, both how often and their format. Having these be focused on "updates" isn't really the big thing, so "updates" as such will happen less often. But I will still be making frequent POSTS, as a place where we can discuss the site and how ya'll want things to be. The focus overall is just going to shift a bit, and the frequency is going to change.

I'll be outlining a platform soon, separate from my weekly updates, because I want to keep my campaigning separate from my administration, if that makes sense. So while I'm announcing that I am, in fact, running for next term, that's about all I have to say about that.

On to other things.

----------------------------------------------

bsh1 will be posting something in the very near future. It outlines some ideas, and some changes. I know that's vague, but I don't want to step on his toes regarding his announcement, so just keep an eye out for it. I anticipate it going up either tonight or tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------

I'm talking with airmax and, while I still have some work to do on the post itself, and while it may not go up for a little while, I intend on making a change to the stickies in the DDO forum. As of now, there's a single "Unvoted debates" post. In the near future, that will change--the details of how it is going to will be in the post itself, which will go up likely within the week (but it IS Thanksgiving week in the states, so...). The main thrust is this: There are going to be 2 posts for folks to post their debates in. One will be for debates that folks want people to check out generally, and one will take the place of the current system of folks PMing me if their debate reaches 48 hours without any votes. This new thread will be where people can post, to make sure that all debates get voted on. I'll outline how my promise regarding unvoted debates is changing (slightly) when I outline my platform.

As part of the above, I want to make the folks willing to be voters on unvoted debates public. Obviously, I'm one of those folks (since I promised any debate that was unvoted would get a vote if I was PMd it near the end of its voting period). I have tried some methods of getting people involved--now I am trying a new one. Every member who's willing to consistently vote will be listed, and those who do particularly good on debates posted in the new thread will be officially appreciated. So if you are interested in being one of those users who's added to the list of folks willing to consistently check the new thread and vote, and if you want to be publicly known as a votin' person, PM me!

--------------------------------------------

That's all for this week. I don't have any tips or tricks or fallacy spotlights, although that is going to remain a part of these updates in the long run. Given it's a holiday week, I'll leave you all with my heartfelt wish that e'rybody have a happy Thanksgiving! And if you aren't in the US, I still hope your non-holiday Thursday goes great!

As always, contact me or bsh1 with any comments, questions, or concerns. Feel free to reply in here, too, that's what it's here for. And if your debate is at 48 hours without a vote, shoot me a PM.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 9:05:20 PM
At 11/23/2014 8:51:03 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
Howdy folks!

Some of you may have noticed that I skipped some weeks in my updates. This was an experiment, because I had some thinkin' to do. I also didn't number this one. I promise, there were reasons for it.

First, let me say this: There's about a month (possibly a little less) left in my presidency. The mods will run the next election like they always do, but the specific date hasn't been announced, and it's their prerogative to do the announcing. I am running again, and I hope that I've done a good enough job this term that ya'll elect me for another. I just want to thank everyone who's been helping me so far, particularly bsh1, my VP.

As the term of my presidency draws to a close, I've been doing more and more thinking about what I want to be, need to be, or should be doing. When I became president, I thought one of the things I could do to do a good job was to make sure that I was constantly updating everybody on what was going on. While I do think keeping that line open is important, I've realized that doing them every week probably too much. As I work on things, I spend a lot of time saying "I'm doing stuff" but not being able to be specific as to some of it, and when things take a few weeks to accomplish I feel like it looks like I'm spinning my wheels, when I really am working on stuff. I took some weeks off to get some perspective on the matter (it didn't hurt that I had a lot going on personally, too, but skipping weeks was a conscious choice). I'm going to change how I do these, both how often and their format. Having these be focused on "updates" isn't really the big thing, so "updates" as such will happen less often. But I will still be making frequent POSTS, as a place where we can discuss the site and how ya'll want things to be. The focus overall is just going to shift a bit, and the frequency is going to change.

I'll be outlining a platform soon, separate from my weekly updates, because I want to keep my campaigning separate from my administration, if that makes sense. So while I'm announcing that I am, in fact, running for next term, that's about all I have to say about that.

On to other things.

bsh1 will be posting something in the very near future. It outlines some ideas, and some changes. I know that's vague, but I don't want to step on his toes regarding his announcement, so just keep an eye out for it. I anticipate it going up either tonight or tomorrow.

I'm talking with airmax and, while I still have some work to do on the post itself, and while it may not go up for a little while, I intend on making a change to the stickies in the DDO forum. As of now, there's a single "Unvoted debates" post. In the near future, that will change--the details of how it is going to will be in the post itself, which will go up likely within the week (but it IS Thanksgiving week in the states, so...). The main thrust is this: There are going to be 2 posts for folks to post their debates in. One will be for debates that folks want people to check out generally, and one will take the place of the current system of folks PMing me if their debate reaches 48 hours without any votes. This new thread will be where people can post, to make sure that all debates get voted on. I'll outline how my promise regarding unvoted debates is changing (slightly) when I outline my platform.

As part of the above, I want to make the folks willing to be voters on unvoted debates public. Obviously, I'm one of those folks (since I promised any debate that was unvoted would get a vote if I was PMd it near the end of its voting period). I have tried some methods of getting people involved--now I am trying a new one. Every member who's willing to consistently vote will be listed, and those who do particularly good on debates posted in the new thread will be officially appreciated. So if you are interested in being one of those users who's added to the list of folks willing to consistently check the new thread and vote, and if you want to be publicly known as a votin' person, PM me!

That's all for this week. I don't have any tips or tricks or fallacy spotlights, although that is going to remain a part of these updates in the long run. Given it's a holiday week, I'll leave you all with my heartfelt wish that e'rybody have a happy Thanksgiving! And if you aren't in the US, I still hope your non-holiday Thursday goes great!

As always, contact me or bsh1 with any comments, questions, or concerns. Feel free to reply in here, too, that's what it's here for. And if your debate is at 48 hours without a vote, shoot me a PM.

I may not participate in much, but I see you as a better leader than Wylted who I believe doesn't have the maturity to be the president of DDO. Anyways, you should know you have my vote. Perhaps, it doesn't matter being me though. I know I don't hold much weight here on DDO.
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 9:12:18 PM
At 11/23/2014 9:05:20 PM, Haroush wrote:
Howdy folks!

On to other things.

I may not participate in much, but I see you as a better leader than Wylted who I believe doesn't have the maturity to be the president of DDO. Anyways, you should know you have my vote. Perhaps, it doesn't matter being me though. I know I don't hold much weight here on DDO.

has wylted announced he wanted to run for the president?
UchihaMadara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 9:38:57 PM

Lol... why are you picking on Wylted in particular? XD
Is he running for president?
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2014 5:33:50 AM
Best of luck on re-election. If someone wants to replace you, they will have to make quite the case.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2014 10:04:08 AM
At 11/24/2014 7:40:13 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
You'll breeze into another term with ease.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2014 11:26:46 AM
At 11/23/2014 9:38:57 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:

Lol... why are you picking on Wylted in particular? XD
Is he running for president?

I haven't made any such announcements. I've had some PMs asking me to probably as a response to a poll 9space made.

I'm not sure what Haroush's deal is. It seems he just likes picking on me.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 7:32:39 AM
Howdy folks!

I'll be outlining a platform soon, separate from my weekly updates, because I want to keep my campaigning separate from my administration, if that makes sense. So while I'm announcing that I am, in fact, running for next term, that's about all

I have more maturity in my penis then Bladerunner has in his whole body.
SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 3:41:56 PM
At 11/25/2014 7:32:39 AM, Wylted wrote:
Howdy folks!

I'll be outlining a platform soon, separate from my weekly updates, because I want to keep my campaigning separate from my administration, if that makes sense. So while I'm announcing that I am, in fact, running for next term, that's about all

I have more maturity in my penis then Bladerunner has in his whole body.

Well that escalated quickly.
I WILL DECIDE WHAT THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT. I AM SPIRITUAL, NOT RELIGIOYUS. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RELIGIOUS TO BELIEVE IN GOD, AND YOU DO WORSHIP MONEY IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR WALLET THAAN YOU DO THE POOR. YOU ARE A TROLL THAT IS OUT FOR ATTENTUION."- SitaraMusica
SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 3:42:51 PM
Brace Yourselves , Elections are coming ...
I WILL DECIDE WHAT THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT. I AM SPIRITUAL, NOT RELIGIOYUS. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RELIGIOUS TO BELIEVE IN GOD, AND YOU DO WORSHIP MONEY IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR WALLET THAAN YOU DO THE POOR. YOU ARE A TROLL THAT IS OUT FOR ATTENTUION."- SitaraMusica