New Forum Category

james14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 10:13:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I propose that there is a new category for forum posts: Atheism

Over half (it seems to me) of the posts in the Religion category are about atheism. This new category would restrict the Religion category to religious topics, and all the Atheist-Religion arguments could go in the Atheism category. Atheists do not consider themselves members of a religion, so let's give them their own category.
Maybe I'm a genius; maybe not.

||||?||||
||>|||||<|
|<||>||?|||
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 10:15:06 AM
At 11/26/2014 10:13:03 AM, james14 wrote:

Over half (it seems to me) of the posts in the Religion category are about atheism. This new category would restrict the Religion category to religious topics, and all the Atheist-Religion arguments could go in the Atheism category. Atheists do not consider themselves members of a religion, so let's give them their own category.

Atheism is a religion.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 10:21:21 AM
At 11/26/2014 10:15:06 AM, Wylted wrote:

Atheism is a religion.
Evidence: Check your profile. You can make atheism your religion.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 10:52:07 AM

I propose that the Religion category should be deleted. I'm going to quit if there's another religious forum section. XD
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 11:34:26 AM

Sounds good to me.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Atheist-Independent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 11:42:33 AM

It won't change anything. It'll just be a copy of the religion forum and nobody wants that.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 12:54:47 PM

No.
Tsar of DDO
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 1:12:46 PM
At 11/26/2014 12:54:47 PM, YYW wrote:

No.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com...
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 1:26:21 PM

The end result would be a gang war between two forums. In place of one forum punching itself.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
james14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 1:54:36 PM
At 11/26/2014 1:26:21 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

The end result would be a gang war between two forums. In place of one forum punching itself.

Fine with me.
Maybe I'm a genius; maybe not.

||||?||||
||>|||||<|
|<||>||?|||
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 3:12:26 PM
At 11/26/2014 1:54:36 PM, james14 wrote:
At 11/26/2014 1:26:21 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

Fine with me.

yeah if thats your attitude than its never going to happen
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 4:24:32 PM

bad idea lol
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 5:04:26 PM
I think atheism, insofar as it is a stance that inherently relates to religion, is best confined to the religion forum.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...