Jump to topic:

8,000 Answers and 500 Polls

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2014 11:56:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Just wanted to announce a milestone in DDO History for the first time someones reached 8,000 answers and possibly 500 polls since DDOs creation. I'm honestly amazed that I've gotten this far in just five months, but it also makes me realize that I have too much time on my hands. I put a lot of effort into certain polls with too many answers for no reason and I need to stop doing that since it's unappreciated. Anyhow, I amazingly still have a lot of polls on the back-burner and ones that I'm sure I'll think of as well (including the first poll that I wrote down that I never made for some reason). Have a nice day everyone and keep voting.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 12:04:24 AM
At 11/28/2014 11:56:03 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
Just wanted to announce a milestone in DDO History for the first time someones reached 8,000 answers and possibly 500 polls since DDOs creation. I'm honestly amazed that I've gotten this far in just five months, but it also makes me realize that I have too much time on my hands. I put a lot of effort into certain polls with too many answers for no reason and I need to stop doing that since it's unappreciated. Anyhow, I amazingly still have a lot of polls on the back-burner and ones that I'm sure I'll think of as well (including the first poll that I wrote down that I never made for some reason). Have a nice day everyone and keep voting.

You have indeed created a lot of polls; but are you certain that you are the first to reach this milestone?
I must certainly give you credit for the high quality of some of your polls, especially your earlier ones (that I've seen).
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 12:06:29 AM
At 11/29/2014 12:04:24 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

You have indeed created a lot of polls; but are you certain that you are the first to reach this milestone?
I must certainly give you credit for the high quality of some of your polls, especially your earlier ones (that I've seen).

It seems like it. STALIN only had 300 or so polls (he was the top leader-board person when I came here) that weren't submitted and he was here for quite some time, wasn't he? Regardless, I'm pretty sure the "answers" are the highest someone's reached.

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Atheist-Independent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 9:16:44 AM

Congrats. The other polls generally suck so keep at it :D
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 11:43:31 AM

Congratulations! Every one of your polls are impressive!
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 1:07:46 PM

Congratulations! No one really cares! ^_^
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 1:22:21 PM
At 11/29/2014 1:07:46 PM, Zaradi wrote:

You're so kind...
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 1:39:17 PM
At 11/29/2014 1:22:21 PM, RevNge wrote:

You're so kind...

But he speaks the truth.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 2:03:06 PM
At 11/29/2014 1:39:17 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

You're so kind...

But he speaks the truth.

Touche.
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 9:04:46 PM

Congratulations. Now, why don't you start debating? Anyone who can tally 8k answers definitely has some thoughts that differs against others.
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 9:06:00 PM
At 11/29/2014 9:04:46 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:

Congratulations. Now, why don't you start debating? Anyone who can tally 8k answers definitely has some thoughts that differs against others.

Debating is like school work for me, looking up sources and writing an essay. I don't like to do that and I also don't like the shame of defeat.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 9:09:21 PM
At 11/29/2014 9:06:00 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Debating is like school work for me, looking up sources and writing an essay. I don't like to do that and I also don't like the shame of defeat.

Debating trains your mind and tests your intelligence, unlike polls.

Shame of defeat? What shame? If you lose, you can improve from your mistakes. Besides, no one will deride you for losing a debate, not even if its against dairygirl4u2c (all right, fine, maybe she's an exception, but still).

Besides, this site is called "Debate.org", not "Poll.org".
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 9:11:43 PM
At 11/29/2014 9:09:21 PM, RevNge wrote:

Shame of defeat? What shame? If you lose, you can improve from your mistakes. Besides, no one will deride you for losing a debate, not even if its against dairygirl4u2c (all right, fine, maybe she's an exception, but still).

This site also has "vote on our opinion polls" in the main description.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 9:13:01 PM

Trust me, it's really satisfying to put a misinformed troll in his/her place. Plus, when you debate someone you really like, it doesn't seem like an essay or schoolwork at all.
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 9:13:38 PM
At 11/29/2014 9:11:43 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 11/29/2014 9:09:21 PM, RevNge wrote:

This site also has "vote on our opinion polls" in the main description.

True, but I don't get the point or benefits of opinions or polls. Half the time they're overrun by stupidity, and due to its lack of voters, it's impossible to purify.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 9:14:21 PM
At 11/29/2014 9:13:01 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:

Trust me, it's really satisfying to put a misinformed troll in his/her place. Plus, when you debate someone you really like, it doesn't seem like an essay or schoolwork at all.

I've already done enough debating with my AP Gov class, the only reason I did that one debate was to make someone feel better about themselves.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 9:47:51 AM
At 11/29/2014 1:39:17 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

You're so kind...

But he speaks the truth.

No, he doesn't. :)
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam