Jump to topic:

DDO Live Healthy and Stay in Shape

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 11:01:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Probably in the wrong forum, but I thought this was a cool idea. I'm about to start really working out again because I slacked off the past few months due to the situation i'm in. I'm now around 175-180 with more body fat than I've had in a bit. I use to be 5 percent before all of this. So once again I'm starting back my regular work out routines starting with cardio first and then some weightlifting and other stuff. My end goal is to get between 190 - 200 and stay between 5- 7 percent body fat with me being able to bench at least 1.5 - 2.0x my body weight. Aiming for this within a few months (before summer and beach time).

The reason I'm posting this is because I know how to cut weight, gain weight, supplements, cycles, workouts and everything. I love to work out and its a hobby of mine.

I want to see if anyone on DDO wants to take the journey with me. Basically if you know how to work out do it like a competition from before and after, or just a way to keep track of before and after stuff. If you don't know workouts, no problem I can help you with them. If you don't know what to eat, I can give you a diet and how to eat and when to eat. It's going to be a 3-6 month thing or so where we all hold each other accountable to reach our goals.

Basically just tell me your weight, what you want to gain or lose and what food and equipment you have and I'll help you anyway I can. I can do diets, workout routines, etc. I can do routines with gym equipment or no equipment at all.

This is a way for me to try and help the community if they want it. If you ever wanted to try and get in shape, lose weight, or just put on some muscle let me know. We can do it together. '

Don't have to have all 10, just anyone that is interested i'll do my best. Just put you weight, what equipment you have, and what food is available. Give me a synopsis of your goals. Whether you want abs, to gain muscle, lose weight, etc and so forth and i'll do everything in my power to help you reach it if you follow my routines.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 1:24:19 PM
Sure, I'll do it.

I'm like 150 right now. I live ~5 minutes away from a gym and I work at a grocery store. I'd love to be able to put on a bit of muscle.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 2:05:31 PM
At 11/30/2014 1:24:19 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Sure, I'll do it.

I'm like 150 right now. I live ~5 minutes away from a gym and I work at a grocery store. I'd love to be able to put on a bit of muscle.

I'm only 140 and am in dire need to gain some muscle mass. So sign me up.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 2:15:56 PM
At 11/30/2014 11:01:21 AM, Mikal wrote:
Probably in the wrong forum, but I thought this was a cool idea. I'm about to start really working out again because I slacked off the past few months due to the situation i'm in. I'm now around 175-180 with more body fat than I've had in a bit. I use to be 5 percent before all of this. So once again I'm starting back my regular work out routines starting with cardio first and then some weightlifting and other stuff. My end goal is to get between 190 - 200 and stay between 5- 7 percent body fat with me being able to bench at least 1.5 - 2.0x my body weight. Aiming for this within a few months (before summer and beach time).

The reason I'm posting this is because I know how to cut weight, gain weight, supplements, cycles, workouts and everything. I love to work out and its a hobby of mine.

I want to see if anyone on DDO wants to take the journey with me. Basically if you know how to work out do it like a competition from before and after, or just a way to keep track of before and after stuff. If you don't know workouts, no problem I can help you with them. If you don't know what to eat, I can give you a diet and how to eat and when to eat. It's going to be a 3-6 month thing or so where we all hold each other accountable to reach our goals.

Basically just tell me your weight, what you want to gain or lose and what food and equipment you have and I'll help you anyway I can. I can do diets, workout routines, etc. I can do routines with gym equipment or no equipment at all.

This is a way for me to try and help the community if they want it. If you ever wanted to try and get in shape, lose weight, or just put on some muscle let me know. We can do it together. '

Don't have to have all 10, just anyone that is interested i'll do my best. Just put you weight, what equipment you have, and what food is available. Give me a synopsis of your goals. Whether you want abs, to gain muscle, lose weight, etc and so forth and i'll do everything in my power to help you reach it if you follow my routines.

Well I'm like 125... I'd like to get to 140 or 150. I usually do lots of chin ups, pull ups, etc. with weight in a back pack. I also have access to a small gym... Just some free weights and machines and stuff.

I'd like to gain some more muscle I guess. Not be huge though. Also, I'd like it to be practical muscle, since I do lots of manual labor. Not just necessarily for looks.

If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them... I generally try to eat alot of tuna and red meats, since I don't have money to spend on protein powder.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 2:16:58 PM
At 11/30/2014 2:15:56 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

Well I'm like 125... I'd like to get to 140 or 150. I usually do lots of chin ups, pull ups, etc. with weight in a back pack. I also have access to a small gym... Just some free weights and machines and stuff.

I'd like to gain some more muscle I guess. Not be huge though. Also, I'd like it to be practical muscle, since I do lots of manual labor. Not just necessarily for looks.

If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them... I generally try to eat alot of tuna and red meats, since I don't have money to spend on protein powder.

for sure I can easily set you up, you are one the right path already though
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 2:17:06 PM
Sure, I'll do it.

awesome
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 2:17:17 PM
At 11/30/2014 2:05:31 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Sure, I'll do it.

I'm only 140 and am in dire need to gain some muscle mass. So sign me up.

awesome :)
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 2:17:34 PM

Actually I've already gained like 10 pounds which I had lost... I lost it over the summer just from being outside all the time and sweating all day long, but yeah. If you have any suggestions on what I should do to gain some mass, I'd like to hear it.

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 2:18:38 PM
At 11/30/2014 2:16:58 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 11/30/2014 2:15:56 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

for sure I can easily set you up, you are one the right path already though

my problem is I never put on any mass or get any heavier. At least not much. I normally dont have any muscles... I'm normally not athletic. So I have trouble putting on mass. I dunno, maybe I should use bigger weights?

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 2:19:57 PM
At 11/30/2014 2:17:34 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

Actually I've already gained like 10 pounds which I had lost... I lost it over the summer just from being outside all the time and sweating all day long, but yeah. If you have any suggestions on what I should do to gain some mass, I'd like to hear it.

i'll set you up on an actually workout if you have some free weights and a bench. But the general rule is more weight = more mass. Less weight = more tone. That changes alot.

Pull up and chin ups are great but its generally meant for tone more so than mass gain. Its an intense cardio workout. If you like them to get the mass instead of cutting weight and tone, you need to add weighs to it.

Example : if you do like 30 pull ups easily, instead of doing more and more (which will increase your cardio and cut you up well), add weights to yourself. Strap 20 or 30 pounds on you around your waist and then do pull it, more resistance is great for gaining mass
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 2:22:14 PM
At 11/30/2014 2:18:38 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

yeah more weight is generally the best idea as far as packing on muscle, the more weight you do the more it breaks down your muscles and the more they will recover and rebuild.

The more you add weight, the bigger you will get. Instead of less reps do more weight, its the rule of thumb. I will set you up with an entire routine when I start the actual thread for this. As for now stick with that idea if you want to workout before we begin

more weight = more muscle

less weight more times = tone
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 2:22:47 PM
Sure, I'll do it.

*tries to imagine Matt with muscles*
*fails*
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 2:23:46 PM
At 11/30/2014 2:19:57 PM, Mikal wrote:
I'd sign up but my dad's my trainer so I'm good. This is a sweet idea though Mikal. :-)
*hats off to you*
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 2:32:44 PM
At 11/30/2014 2:22:47 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Sure, I'll do it.

*fails*

Exactly why I'd like to not be so out of shape xD
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 2:34:15 PM
At 11/30/2014 2:32:44 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Sure, I'll do it.

*fails*

I challenge you to gain muscles O'padawan.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 2:35:14 PM
At 11/30/2014 2:34:15 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Sure, I'll do it.

*fails*

http://beagamecharacter.com...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 2:37:04 PM
At 11/30/2014 2:35:14 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 11/30/2014 2:34:15 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Sure, I'll do it.

*fails*

http://beagamecharacter.com...

Good luck.
Judging from the meme of you above, you'll need it. ;-)
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 2:46:14 PM
At 11/30/2014 2:38:03 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Why anyone would volunteer for such torture eludes me.

Lol. It's not that bad.
I mean, people think working out is tough and stuff, and when you start it might be, but it's actually kind of fun. XD
A plus is- #sadomasochists-ftw
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 2:53:54 PM
At 11/30/2014 2:17:45 PM, Mikal wrote:
1. Zaradi
2. Lannan
3. Zmike
4. BOT

I'm at 170 right now, and would like to get up to 185. I'm 6'1 so I think that's a solid weight goal for the next few months.

This is the routine I was planning on doing: http://www.muscleandstrength.com...

I have access to a home-gym with all the necessary weights and stuff, but need to figure out a better diet since my eating habits are mediocre at best. Working out is only half the battle.

Oh, and I challenge thee, Mikal, to an ab-contest... 3 months from now :) That would make this even more fun bro.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 2:59:39 PM
At 11/30/2014 2:53:54 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Dude. You're supposed to teach me how to be a ninja. 0.0
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 3:03:19 PM
At 11/30/2014 2:59:39 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

For me, this is more about eating healthy and gaining more lean muscle mass.

My agility and stealth are already on point. Whenever you'd like to have a live class, send me a G+ invite and we'll begin our lessons. Just keep in mind that you'll need some space for technique training and silence for our meditation cool-downs.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 3:05:21 PM
At 11/30/2014 2:59:39 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

You will also need a pair of nunchuks (nunchaku). Obviously. Ninja throwing stars would also be helpful for our advanced lessons.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 3:07:36 PM
I'll not be participating in this as proposed, but I am working on losing much weight, not building mass. I wouldn't want mass, just tone, as I am already a broad frame.

Currently, I'm at 313, and hoping to drop down to 200.
Good luck to us all!!
My work here is, finally, done.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 3:09:59 PM
1. Zaradi
2. Lannan
3. Zmike
4. BOT

I'm at 170 right now, and would like to get up to 185. I'm 6'1 so I think that's a solid weight goal for the next few months.

This is the routine I was planning on doing: http://www.muscleandstrength.com...

I have access to a home-gym with all the necessary weights and stuff, but need to figure out a better diet since my eating habits are mediocre at best. Working out is only half the battle.

Oh, and I challenge thee, Mikal, to an ab-contest... 3 months from now :) That would make this even more fun bro.

for sure im down

you have access to any food you want
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 3:11:12 PM
At 11/30/2014 3:07:36 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I'll not be participating in this as proposed, but I am working on losing much weight, not building mass. I wouldn't want mass, just tone, as I am already a broad frame.

Currently, I'm at 313, and hoping to drop down to 200.
Good luck to us all!!

I can help with cutting weight too, I helped a buddy drop from 350 down to 190 in 6 months. He stuck with it, ill add you :)

i'll design a routine for each individual person
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 3:16:40 PM
At 11/30/2014 3:09:59 PM, Mikal wrote:
1. Zaradi
2. Lannan
3. Zmike
4. BOT

for sure im down

you have access to any food you want

Yeah, I'm gonna increase my food budget since I know I'll have to increase the amount I eat. I've got access to Publix, Costco, Walmart, etc., so I could buy whatever pretty much. I have like no vegetables or fruits in my diet aside from the basic salad a few nights a week, so I'll def need to step my healthy food game up.
carriead20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2014 3:17:00 PM
I'll do it. I am 288 right now with about 17% body fat.
I'm looking to get down to like 10%.
I have a couple of dumbbells, a tricep bar, and a barbell.
To all the people fighting a hard battle out there - life's giving you a pretty hard beating. There's no sugarcoating that, but there's no shadow that's free of light. When life sneers at you and asks, "Ready to go again?" - Raise your hand. Reach out to victory. Don't give in.

---Help Bsh and YYW see each other---
http://www.gofundme.com...