Total Posts:26|Showing Posts:1-26
Jump to topic:

Watch whiteflame and I rumble on Nazism!

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 1:13:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Ummm...I have no words.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 1:14:27 AM
At 12/1/2014 1:13:32 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Ummm...I have no words.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 1:14:57 AM
Ummm...I have no words.

Really, none? None at all? Come on bsh, I'm sure you have some words.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 1:17:37 AM
At 12/1/2014 1:14:57 AM, Ajabi wrote:
Ummm...I have no words.

I find that debate wholly inappropriate. While I know you're not a neo-nazi, the debate in and of itself seems to trivialize the millions of people who died in the holocaust, undermining the gravitas of what occurred and perhaps even justifying it. That's not okay.

Those are all the words I have--don't ask me to say anything more. I truly find that debate offensive at the deepest levels possible.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 1:21:16 AM
At 12/1/2014 1:17:37 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Ummm...I have no words.

I find that debate wholly inappropriate. While I know you're not a neo-nazi, the debate in and of itself seems to trivialize the millions of people who died in the holocaust, undermining the gravitas of what occurred and perhaps even justifying it. That's not okay.

Those are all the words I have--don't ask me to say anything more. I truly find that debate offensive at the deepest levels possible.

I am not a Neo-Nazi, and the Holocaust was disturbing I agree. But honestly there were a lot of benefits, I know this sounds absolutely disgusting but it is the truth. I mean the harm may have been more, I get it, but there were many benefits of the Nazis.

Sorry if it offends you bsh, my aim is not to offend. And I swear I do get the atrocity that Hitler committed, and it was definitely one of the lowest points of humanity, but even then there were (unconscious maybe) benefits. I am sorry though, my intent I swear is not to offend anyone.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 1:24:17 AM
At 12/1/2014 1:21:16 AM, Ajabi wrote:
Ummm...I have no words.

I am not a Neo-Nazi, and the Holocaust was disturbing I agree. But honestly there were a lot of benefits, I know this sounds absolutely disgusting but it is the truth. I mean the harm may have been more, I get it, but there were many benefits of the Nazis.

I know you're not a neo-Nazi, but you cannot honestly tell me that the holocaust itself was beneficial. Maybe you could argue that the Nazi regime was beneficial, but not the holocaust. And even arguing for the benefits of the regime would be a repulsive act.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 1:25:35 AM
At 12/1/2014 1:24:17 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Ummm...I have no words.

I know you're not a neo-Nazi, but you cannot honestly tell me that the holocaust itself was beneficial. Maybe you could argue that the Nazi regime was beneficial, but not the holocaust. And even arguing for the benefits of the regime would be a repulsive act.

Oops you just pointed out, I meant the Nazi regime. Urgh. :P
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 1:26:40 AM
At 12/1/2014 1:25:35 AM, Ajabi wrote:
Ummm...I have no words.

Yeah. Unfortunately, you are arguing that a mass genocide was good. The other stuff the Nazis did isn't topical.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 1:27:49 AM
At 12/1/2014 1:26:40 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Ummm...I have no words.

Yeah. Unfortunately, you are arguing that a mass genocide was good. The other stuff the Nazis did isn't topical.

Erm..yeah I made a boo boo it seems. Well Devil's Advocate then. :P
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 1:29:56 AM
At 12/1/2014 1:27:49 AM, Ajabi wrote:

There are just some things, Ajab, that no one in good conscience can argue for. And supporting the holocaust is one of those things.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 1:31:36 AM
At 12/1/2014 1:29:56 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/1/2014 1:27:49 AM, Ajabi wrote:

There are just some things, Ajab, that no one in good conscience can argue for. And supporting the holocaust is one of those things.

The entire point of this site is to argue, and expand your perspectives. There actually are some arguments here you know. I mean they aren't good arguments, but they can be made to seem good.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 1:39:57 AM
I'm with Bsh on this one...
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 1:50:29 AM
Ummm...I have no words.

LOL. Oopsies......

You could argue that the Holocaust led to the creation of Israel. A lot of people would disagree though about whether that was a good way to go about it, or whether the impetus to remedy the Holocaust led too a too-quick, unthought-out solution for the sake of expediency. Or whether having Israel could ever outweigh losing 6 million of your people.

I'm not personally offended though. I think of it more as a counterfactual about whether the condition of the world would be a worse place if Hitler had only decided to start WWII, without deciding to exterminate the Jews. I think it's a completely indefensible debate position, but I'm not morally outraged, despite being Jewish.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 1:53:47 AM
At 12/1/2014 1:50:29 AM, bluesteel wrote:

LOL. Oopsies......

You could argue that the Holocaust led to the creation of Israel. A lot of people would disagree though about whether that was a good way to go about it, or whether the impetus to remedy the Holocaust led too a too-quick, unthought-out solution for the sake of expediency. Or whether having Israel could ever outweigh losing 6 million of your people.

It doesn't outweigh...it really doesn't...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 1:59:37 AM
At 12/1/2014 1:11:09 AM, Ajabi wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Troll it. Argue that the Holocaust was good because it prevented the Jews from gaining enough strength to build a time machine, go back and team up with the mongol horde, then lead them through medieval Europe and create a Jewish european empire whose economy was based entirely on circumcised penises, which centuries later would have caused Putin to invade and walk through Europe, before plunging the world into a single unified communist tyrannical empire that ironically was very tolerant of gay people.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 2:02:18 AM
At 12/1/2014 1:53:47 AM, bsh1 wrote:

LOL. Oopsies......

Assuming lives come first in any impact calculus, 6 million Jewish lives + lives lost in various Israeli wars + Palestinian death toll = outweighs pretty much any asserted benefit. But Ajab has a right to debate this against whiteflame of all people. I fully expect his argument to be torn asunder, and there's a certain satisfaction in that given the position he is taking.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 2:04:00 AM
At 12/1/2014 2:02:18 AM, bluesteel wrote:

LOL. Oopsies......

Assuming lives come first in any impact calculus, 6 million Jewish lives + lives lost in various Israeli wars + Palestinian death toll = outweighs pretty much any asserted benefit. But Ajab has a right to debate this against whiteflame of all people. I fully expect his argument to be torn asunder, and there's a certain satisfaction in that given the position he is taking.

Agreed, but that doesn't change my view that the debate is fundamentally offensive.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 2:05:10 AM
At 12/1/2014 2:04:00 AM, bsh1 wrote:

LOL. Oopsies......

Agreed, but that doesn't change my view that the debate is fundamentally offensive.

But it's not objectively offensive, given our disagreement :P
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 2:06:39 AM
At 12/1/2014 2:05:10 AM, bluesteel wrote:

I don't think anything is objectively offensive, lol.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 2:07:47 AM
Nazism lead to many technological advances, not least of which included accelerated nuclear technological development, aviation, rocket technology, etc.

And then there was the genetic cleansing of the population. Ajab has it easy in this debate.
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 2:22:45 AM
At 12/1/2014 2:06:39 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/1/2014 2:05:10 AM, bluesteel wrote:

I don't think anything is objectively offensive, lol.

How can something be both fundementally offensive and not objectively offensive, lol.
Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 4:25:11 AM
At 12/1/2014 2:22:45 AM, Envisage wrote:
How can something be both fundementally offensive and not objectively offensive, lol.
Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 4:26:18 AM

LOL. Oopsies......

Thanks for remaining unbiased judge. :P
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 4:29:39 AM
At 12/1/2014 4:26:18 AM, Ajabi wrote:

LOL. Oopsies......

Thanks for remaining unbiased judge. :P

If the Jaguars played the Patriots, I'd have no preference or bias about who wins. Neither is my team. However, that doesn't mean I can't comment on the relative chances of victory of each team, with the Patriots being an obvious favorite to win.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 10:26:53 AM
At 12/1/2014 1:14:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Ummm...I have no words.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.