Total Posts:93|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

2014 DDO Presidential December elections

Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 8:24:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Well, that time has snuck around on us again. We shall be gearing up for the next round of presidential elections here on DDO. The election shall be held from Dec 12th - 14th in a thread here in the Debate.org forum section and shall be an open and public vote. The winner will take office on December 15th, 2014.

Voting requirements are still, at least 3 qualified debates (completed by 12/12 with no forfeits by either side) OR 500 forum posts.

Best of luck.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 8:26:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/1/2014 8:24:32 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
The election shall be held from Dec 12th
That;s my bae's birthday. :D
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 1:08:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
http://vote.pollcode.com...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,020
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 1:14:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/1/2014 1:08:16 PM, imabench wrote:
http://vote.pollcode.com...

Bsh1 isn't on the ticket with Bladerunner anymore. I don't think he's announced who his VP is yet.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,068
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 3:06:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I mean no offense, but I'm kind of disappointed with the current batch of candidates. Bluesteel should run for President.
If not, and no good enough new candidate enters, I'll be voting for Bladerunner.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 4:35:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/1/2014 3:06:12 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
I mean no offense, but I'm kind of disappointed with the current batch of candidates. Bluesteel should run for President.
If not, and no good enough new candidate enters, I'll be voting for Bladerunner.

I'm honored you would consider me. I don't have time this year for the interviews and stuff since the election falls during my finals period. Maybe next year.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 6:10:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/1/2014 11:16:01 PM, debatability wrote:
this is really going to be a tough decision :(

It's obvious RM is the best candidate. He'll add to the DDO population.
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 10:09:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Why can't we have a king? Monarchies are so much more efficient than republics.

Airmax for king!
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
BoggyDag
Posts: 379
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 2:37:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/1/2014 1:08:16 PM, imabench wrote:
http://vote.pollcode.com...

http://www.debate.org...

Anyone who votes for a liar forfeits their right to complain afterwards.

imabench insulted me for seeing through his "I'm leaving"-ruse, only to now wind up here and run for presidency.

Phoeey, I say, pho-eey!
lannan13
Posts: 23,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 5:40:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/1/2014 1:08:16 PM, imabench wrote:
http://vote.pollcode.com...

I would think that this is a more accurate poll. http://www.debate.org...
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 5:49:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/2/2014 2:37:48 PM, BoggyDag wrote:
At 12/1/2014 1:08:16 PM, imabench wrote:
http://vote.pollcode.com...

http://www.debate.org...

Anyone who votes for a liar forfeits their right to complain afterwards.

imabench insulted me for seeing through his "I'm leaving"-ruse, only to now wind up here and run for presidency.

1) I insulted you because you were being an idiot

2) Im not running for president, im running for vice president

3) Im running for vice president because Mikal wanted me to:

Phoeey, I say, pho-eey!
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
BoggyDag
Posts: 379
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 6:31:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/2/2014 5:49:34 PM, imabench wrote:
At 12/2/2014 2:37:48 PM, BoggyDag wrote:
At 12/1/2014 1:08:16 PM, imabench wrote:
http://vote.pollcode.com...

http://www.debate.org...

Anyone who votes for a liar forfeits their right to complain afterwards.

imabench insulted me for seeing through his "I'm leaving"-ruse, only to now wind up here and run for presidency.

1) I insulted you because you were being an idiot

2) Im not running for president, im running for vice president

3) Im running for vice president because Mikal wanted me to:

Phoeey, I say, pho-eey!

How was I being an idiot if I was - and AM - RIGHT about your not leaving and being an attention whore?
Presidency contains vice presidency. I specifically avoided the word "president".
And if you're so easily swayed by a single opinion, what kind of a vice president do you think you'll be - without a mind of your own and strong opinions?
You came back despite claiming otherwise.

How can anyone believe a single promise you will ever make?

You know what the big difference between us is? Maybe I'm capable of being an idiot or maybe not. You simply are a liar, always and forever.

You don't even have it in you to admit that I was right.
kbub
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 6:58:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/2/2014 5:49:34 PM, imabench wrote:
At 12/2/2014 2:37:48 PM, BoggyDag wrote:
At 12/1/2014 1:08:16 PM, imabench wrote:
http://vote.pollcode.com...

http://www.debate.org...

Anyone who votes for a liar forfeits their right to complain afterwards.

imabench insulted me for seeing through his "I'm leaving"-ruse, only to now wind up here and run for presidency.

1) I insulted you because you were being an idiot

2) Im not running for president, im running for vice president

3) Im running for vice president because Mikal wanted me to:

Phoeey, I say, pho-eey!

Watching the video, I'm confused why we should vote for someone because we "trust them to change." So, I wanted to pass it over to you so you can represent yourself, in addition to Mikal's representing you. What would you do as Vice President?
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 8:56:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/2/2014 10:09:08 AM, philochristos wrote:
Why can't we have a king? Monarchies are so much more efficient than republics.

Because we already have a Grand Poobah.


Airmax for king!
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 8:58:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/2/2014 8:56:55 PM, phantom wrote:
At 12/2/2014 10:09:08 AM, philochristos wrote:
Why can't we have a king? Monarchies are so much more efficient than republics.

Because we already have a Grand Poobah.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 9:17:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/2/2014 6:58:17 PM, kbub wrote:

Watching the video, I'm confused why we should vote for someone because we "trust them to change." So, I wanted to pass it over to you so you can represent yourself, in addition to Mikal's representing you. What would you do as Vice President?

As far as im aware, my role as VP would boil down to three things

1) Assist Mikal in implementing his policies however I can

2) Work on not being a dick

and 3) Running the media division of his administration where every two weeks I release a video detailing recent actions of the president (imagine a cross between the Weekly Stupid, and bladerunner's presidential update threads, with 100% less drama and 95% less cursing)
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 9:21:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Let's get Medic and BornOfGod to run.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 9:22:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/2/2014 9:21:39 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Let's get Medic and BornOfGod to run.

Did you see my interview with BOG, hes actually a pretty cool dude.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 9:24:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/2/2014 9:22:28 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/2/2014 9:21:39 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Let's get Medic and BornOfGod to run.

Did you see my interview with BOG, hes actually a pretty cool dude.

Oh, yeah, definitely. He's actually pretty mild, compared to some of the other people on this site.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 9:25:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/2/2014 9:24:24 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 12/2/2014 9:22:28 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/2/2014 9:21:39 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Let's get Medic and BornOfGod to run.

Did you see my interview with BOG, hes actually a pretty cool dude.

Oh, yeah, definitely. He's actually pretty mild, compared to some of the other people on this site.

Was more shocked of how polite he was. He was a sweetheart compared to some of the other peeps in the religion forum
kbub
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 9:46:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/2/2014 9:17:46 PM, imabench wrote:
At 12/2/2014 6:58:17 PM, kbub wrote:

Watching the video, I'm confused why we should vote for someone because we "trust them to change." So, I wanted to pass it over to you so you can represent yourself, in addition to Mikal's representing you. What would you do as Vice President?

As far as im aware, my role as VP would boil down to three things

1) Assist Mikal in implementing his policies however I can

Doesn't sound like fun.

2) Work on not being a dick

Doesn't sound like you at all.

and 3) Running the media division of his administration where every two weeks I release a video detailing recent actions of the president (imagine a cross between the Weekly Stupid, and bladerunner's presidential update threads, with 100% less drama and 95% less cursing)

Why would you do that? I mean, there's no way you can guarentee no drama. But honestly, why would you try? What's your motivation for doing this?

I'm honestly less curious about Mikal's taking you on than your volunteering. I know you ran for elections before, but from your description I have no idea why you'd be volunteering.
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 9:48:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am going to try to arrange to interview Mikal and Bench, and Blade and his VP, whoever that becomes. Hopefully they both agree, and I can conduct and post it sometime next week :)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 10:34:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/2/2014 9:46:03 PM, kbub wrote:
At 12/2/2014 9:17:46 PM, imabench wrote:
At 12/2/2014 6:58:17 PM, kbub wrote:

Watching the video, I'm confused why we should vote for someone because we "trust them to change." So, I wanted to pass it over to you so you can represent yourself, in addition to Mikal's representing you. What would you do as Vice President?

As far as im aware, my role as VP would boil down to three things

1) Assist Mikal in implementing his policies however I can

Doesn't sound like fun.

I find ways to make things interesting. Its how I got the HoF and the fake history thread to become actual things....

2) Work on not being a dick

Doesn't sound like you at all.

<3

and 3) Running the media division of his administration where every two weeks I release a video detailing recent actions of the president (imagine a cross between the Weekly Stupid, and bladerunner's presidential update threads, with 100% less drama and 95% less cursing)

Why would you do that?

Cause it would be awesome, I would be really good at it, and it sounds like a fun way to channel my creativity and my media skills into something positive and not horrendously drama-causing.....

I mean, there's no way you can guarentee no drama. But honestly, why would you try? What's your motivation for doing this?

Its a sequel to the Weekly Stupid that is a force for good, what more do I need?

I'm honestly less curious about Mikal's taking you on than your volunteering. I know you ran for elections before, but from your description I have no idea why you'd be volunteering.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
kbub
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 10:53:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/2/2014 10:34:21 PM, imabench wrote:
At 12/2/2014 9:46:03 PM, kbub wrote:
At 12/2/2014 9:17:46 PM, imabench wrote:
At 12/2/2014 6:58:17 PM, kbub wrote:

Watching the video, I'm confused why we should vote for someone because we "trust them to change." So, I wanted to pass it over to you so you can represent yourself, in addition to Mikal's representing you. What would you do as Vice President?

As far as im aware, my role as VP would boil down to three things

1) Assist Mikal in implementing his policies however I can

Doesn't sound like fun.

I find ways to make things interesting. Its how I got the HoF and the fake history thread to become actual things....

2) Work on not being a dick

Doesn't sound like you at all.

<3

and 3) Running the media division of his administration where every two weeks I release a video detailing recent actions of the president (imagine a cross between the Weekly Stupid, and bladerunner's presidential update threads, with 100% less drama and 95% less cursing)

Why would you do that?

Cause it would be awesome, I would be really good at it, and it sounds like a fun way to channel my creativity and my media skills into something positive and not horrendously drama-causing.....

I mean, there's no way you can guarentee no drama. But honestly, why would you try? What's your motivation for doing this?

Its a sequel to the Weekly Stupid that is a force for good, what more do I need?

I'm honestly less curious about Mikal's taking you on than your volunteering. I know you ran for elections before, but from your description I have no idea why you'd be volunteering.

http://youtu.be...

When I think of you with power, this video comes to mind. Take the comparison as you will (i think you'd find it complimentary). Anyway, something to think about for a campaign strategy, maybe. What would happen if DDO endorced "The Weekly Stupid: President Edition." You say Stupid+Bladerunner, but I think you're underselling it. I predict SNL's George Bush Weekly Address and the Colbert Report. Or one of Sarah Palin's actual speeches. Take your pick.

Anyway, on an unfortunately more sober note, wasn't there something to do with bullying that caused you to be suspended from DDO? If so, why should DDO trust you to be president?
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 11:05:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/2/2014 10:53:19 PM, kbub wrote:

http://youtu.be...

When I think of you with power, this video comes to mind. Take the comparison as you will (i think you'd find it complimentary). Anyway, something to think about for a campaign strategy, maybe. What would happen if DDO endorced "The Weekly Stupid: President Edition." You say Stupid+Bladerunner, but I think you're underselling it. I predict SNL's George Bush Weekly Address and the Colbert Report.

Oh god that would be AMAZING

Or one of Sarah Palin's actual speeches. Take your pick.

Im leaning towards the first one though it will probably be a tad of both at the very least.

Anyway, on an unfortunately more sober note, wasn't there something to do with bullying that caused you to be suspended from DDO? If so, why should DDO trust you to be president?

Okay most importantly, im running for VICE president, not as PRESIDENT-president. And I was temp banned for a week for calling someone a f** about a day before I was gonna leave, which definitely was not one of my finer moments but also is something that wasnt very characteristic of me to do.

The reason i'm here right now is 90% Mikal sincerely wanted me to be here to help him with a platform that I kind of ran on myself, and I would do literally anything I can to help him out (as evidenced by the fundraiser), and 10% because I think that given a shot I can and will rise to the occasion and become the type of member that so many other people want me to be, yet arent as willing to actually give me the opportunity to do so.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
kbub
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 11:16:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/2/2014 11:05:02 PM, imabench wrote:
At 12/2/2014 10:53:19 PM, kbub wrote:

http://youtu.be...

When I think of you with power, this video comes to mind. Take the comparison as you will (i think you'd find it complimentary). Anyway, something to think about for a campaign strategy, maybe. What would happen if DDO endorced "The Weekly Stupid: President Edition." You say Stupid+Bladerunner, but I think you're underselling it. I predict SNL's George Bush Weekly Address and the Colbert Report.

Oh god that would be AMAZING

Or one of Sarah Palin's actual speeches. Take your pick.

Im leaning towards the first one though it will probably be a tad of both at the very least.

Anyway, on an unfortunately more sober note, wasn't there something to do with bullying that caused you to be suspended from DDO? If so, why should DDO trust you to be president?

Okay most importantly, im running for VICE president, not as PRESIDENT-president. And I was temp banned for a week for calling someone a f** about a day before I was gonna leave, which definitely was not one of my finer moments but also is something that wasnt very characteristic of me to do.

The reason i'm here right now is 90% Mikal sincerely wanted me to be here to help him with a platform that I kind of ran on myself, and I would do literally anything I can to help him out (as evidenced by the fundraiser), and 10% because I think that given a shot I can and will rise to the occasion and become the type of member that so many other people want me to be, yet arent as willing to actually give me the opportunity to do so.

Thanks for your in-depth response!

Still, I have to point out: shouldn't you be/have proven yourself to be that kind of member *before* you are elected Vice President? Why would we elect you if we're hoping you'd change into someone else?

There's a bit of a difference between "giving someone a chance" and "electing someone Vice President," after all.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 11:19:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/2/2014 11:05:02 PM, imabench wrote:
I can and will rise to the occasion and become the type of member that so many other people want me to be, yet arent as willing to actually give me the opportunity to do so.

I do think it's unfair a few people are seeing you as just a troll/too incompetent to be VP.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King