Total Posts:38|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Hi I'm Mikal

Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 10:44:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Most members on here know me and for those that don't I am going to explain a little bit about myself and why I think you should vote for my ticket.

(a) I joined the site a little over a year ago and managed to climb to the top of the elo leader board in the fastest amount of time ever. This is both to do with me being a decent debater, and my renown. I am by no means the best debater, but I am a good debater and somehow ended up being one of the most influential people on the site.

(b) I pioneered live mafia games and google plus hangouts. I was literally the first person to start one up (with Bluesteel) and people starting joined. We eventually came up with the idea to do a live mafia game.

First game here

https://www.youtube.com...

This was the first ever live mafia game ever played, and that was the start of why hangouts became what they are. All because bluesteel, connor, and myself decided to jump on their and shoot the breeze

(c) I have held tournaments on DDO and ran the effectively all the way to the end. Add this in with the fact that Bluesteel is going to help me moderate more tournies and structure them, we have great potential to succeed in what we do.

(d) I have recently started a DDO live healthy campaign. I have spent most of my life working out, running, and lifting. I know proper diets, mechanics, and everything about working out. I recently decided to start a open end forum on DDO where anyone that wanted to gain mass, do weight loss, or just improve their health could join. I am personally going to take the time to write a custom workout for everyone that joins in a effort to keep DDO healthy.

(e) I was elected for the hall of fame by a majority vote for my past accolades. Such as praising people, making threads dedicated to bringing members esteem up, and In general just loving the site. I had one of the fastest if not fastest roads to the hall of fame in DDO history.

http://www.debate.org...

(f) I understand the site and how debating works. I have did fun debates, serious debates, and troll debates and most of my debates get attention. Most of them range from 500- 50k views. One of my most infamous debate was my DP debate with roy which also ended up being in the hall of fame. This was elected by a vast majority vote as one of the best debates in that term, and is considered to be one of the best DP debates on the site where I beat roy by one of the widest margins that he has ever lost. So yes I do have a feel for how debating works on here. I have only 3 losses with 250 debates, and the highest win rate among members in the top tier of the leader board.

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

(g) I am going to improve sit quality through incentives. Ima is going to run a weekly show that is filtered, to give weekly updates. Similar to what blade does. During this we are going to give the regular updates, along with debates of the week, votes of the week, upcoming tournies etc. This will greatly improve the quality of the site alone. With imas flair it will be impressive

(h) I have one of the most respected and well renown debaters on the site as my left hand mand. Bluesteel aka aaron. He was both a highschool and collegiate debater. He is about to graduate with nearly 8 years of college behind him, and is one of the most respected debaters on the site. Aaron like myself has only lost 3 debates on the site and probably less in real life. He has a massive understand for how debates work on here, how formal debates work, and has volunteered to help with tournies and any way he can.

(i) I am going to change the front page if i die trying

I may have been in both conflicts in and out of the site. I have raged in mafia and trolled people. That is me, I like to have fun and i can blow up games. A game however is not how I would act in person or in office. If you ever played a game got mad, cussed people out, or threw a controller you probably know how I feel. We all act differently playing games than we do in person or when we need to be responsible .

My last 3 jobs have been management positions, all of which I have excelled at. One of which was an auditing job where i had a team of 20 people under me and had to maintain and regulate quality expectations along with high productivity. I have did this type of thing through most of my job history. I can bring that same attitude to the site and help it improve with the love i have for it.

I was recently going homeless because I had to leave a job due to a family members death and the situations that followed. This site found out and donated nearly 2200 dollars to me in a effort to get me back on my feet. If you saw the comments everyone was saying something similar to " I would not give this to anyone, but I have faith you will make the best of it an improve" or "best wishes i know you can do it". It was because of DDOs trust in me that I managed to improve my situation and now and 30 x better. I managed to move , get into a new area with better jobs, and now am in the process of getting a job that made nearly double what my last one made.

You showed faith in me once and made a miracle happen, something that has never happened before on the site. I now ask you to lend me that faith again. The love I have for the people on this site and my friends on here is unmatched. You guys saved my life, now I want a chance to give back. I can and will succeed if you offer me you trust.
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 10:59:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Lastly this is another aspect I want to implement. I did not post it in the OP post because I could not find the link. This is a new users guide by ragnar. It is a great guide and one that goes into good detail about site basics. If you are a new user and want to learn about DDO I highly advise you to read this. I want this implemented as a sticky or on the main login page somewhere.

https://docs.google.com...
Ajabi
Posts: 1,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 11:46:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/3/2014 11:43:47 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/3/2014 11:36:17 AM, Ajabi wrote:
fe

?

Fe = Iron
You're iron clad, its a quick way of saying awesome.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 11:48:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/3/2014 11:46:23 AM, Ajabi wrote:
At 12/3/2014 11:43:47 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/3/2014 11:36:17 AM, Ajabi wrote:
fe

?

Fe = Iron
You're iron clad, its a stupid way of saying awesome.

Fixed that for ya'.
Seriously, seven letters is too much, nowadays.
Kids....

(however, I'll admit, that is clever, and I do like it)
My work here is, finally, done.
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 11:48:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/3/2014 11:46:23 AM, Ajabi wrote:
At 12/3/2014 11:43:47 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/3/2014 11:36:17 AM, Ajabi wrote:
fe

?

Fe = Iron
You're iron clad, its a quick way of saying awesome.

you made a joke using the periodic table -.-

only you lol
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 11:58:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/3/2014 11:48:35 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/3/2014 11:46:23 AM, Ajabi wrote:
At 12/3/2014 11:43:47 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/3/2014 11:36:17 AM, Ajabi wrote:
fe

?

Fe = Iron
You're iron clad, its a quick way of saying awesome.

you made a joke using the periodic table -.-

only you lol

i thought it might have been a periodic table joke but the F wasnt capitalized and so I thought I was just being too nerdy....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
heyfur_1213
Posts: 709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 12:00:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/3/2014 10:59:38 AM, Mikal wrote:
Lastly this is another aspect I want to implement. I did not post it in the OP post because I could not find the link. This is a new users guide by ragnar. It is a great guide and one that goes into good detail about site basics. If you are a new user and want to learn about DDO I highly advise you to read this. I want this implemented as a sticky or on the main login page somewhere.

https://docs.google.com...

whewt this is pretty awesome, props to the both of you.
Ajabi
Posts: 1,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 12:23:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/3/2014 11:58:01 AM, imabench wrote:
At 12/3/2014 11:48:35 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/3/2014 11:46:23 AM, Ajabi wrote:
At 12/3/2014 11:43:47 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/3/2014 11:36:17 AM, Ajabi wrote:
Fe

?

Fe = Iron
You're iron clad, its a quick way of saying awesome.

you made a joke using the periodic table -.-

only you lol

i thought it might have been a periodic table joke but the F wasnt capitalized and so I thought I was just being too nerdy....

Fix'd
ElCorazonAma
Posts: 781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 12:41:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/3/2014 11:58:01 AM, imabench wrote:
At 12/3/2014 11:48:35 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/3/2014 11:46:23 AM, Ajabi wrote:
At 12/3/2014 11:43:47 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/3/2014 11:36:17 AM, Ajabi wrote:
fe

?

Fe = Iron
You're iron clad, its a quick way of saying awesome.

you made a joke using the periodic table -.-

only you lol

i thought it might have been a periodic table joke but the F wasnt capitalized and so I thought I was just being too nerdy....

maybe cause you are!!!
The verb is real but the adjective is only a hypothetical ideal. ~ Freedo
9spaceking
Posts: 4,213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 1:45:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
wow...good job...you made MLP music play in the background for me
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy
http://www.debate.org...

Reign of Terror is unjustified
http://www.debate.org...

Raise min. wage to $10.10
http://www.debate.org...
carriead20
Posts: 1,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 1:50:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Does any one here have 67 particles?
To all the people fighting a hard battle out there - life's giving you a pretty hard beating. There's no sugarcoating that, but there's no shadow that's free of light. When life sneers at you and asks, "Ready to go again?" - Raise your hand. Reach out to victory. Don't give in.

---Help Bsh and YYW see each other---
http://www.gofundme.com...
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 2:03:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
It was the first live non-forum game -- there have been live mafia games before you ;)

Who else is running? I remember when the "DDO Presidency" meant nothing but it does now, apparently. Good luck.
President of DDO
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 2:36:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/3/2014 2:03:37 PM, Danielle wrote:
It was the first live non-forum game -- there have been live mafia games before you ;)

Who else is running? I remember when the "DDO Presidency" meant nothing but it does now, apparently. Good luck.

I think me and blade as of now
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 4:42:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/3/2014 10:44:40 AM, Mikal wrote:
I don't particularly like the system of inclusion (whatever it may be) that allows debates - particularly 2/4 of the ones in your screenshot - being featured on the main page either. What is it run on, comments per debate?

Would you introduce in your platform, in addition to the polls and opinions on the main page, reforming the front page debates section to feature debates assessed somehow on quality rather than rather or not that debate produced a flame war/was used as a platform for a discussion?

=

The argument that both Mikal and Imabench have deep ties to the DDO community is an enticing one, but would you then suggest that Bladerunner and bsh1 do not?

Forgetting the above, what motivation, in your opinion, should I have to vote for you rather than Bladerunner, who - (in my opinion) - has been a very interactive and on-balance "good" president of the site?

Even if I find both of your candidacies and personas enticing and believe you could both make sufficient presidents, why would I pledge my vote to the more risky candidate[s] of the two (particularly imabench, as I agree with some of the arguments put forth by kbub and bsh1 in the other thread), rather than the candidate(s) who have shown large or immense amounts of capability to successfully run the site thus far?

TLDR: What about you and imabench is at all more enticing than bladerunner, and what has he done that requires DDO to on-balance need to pursue change in leadership?

=

As a final question just for laughs, would you make "humanism" a religious choice on user profiles?
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 4:43:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/3/2014 2:36:51 PM, Mikal wrote:
I think me and blade as of now
Oh, I didn't see this.

Even still, my question in my above post still stands, just not with the tidbit in brackets.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 4:59:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/3/2014 4:42:14 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 12/3/2014 10:44:40 AM, Mikal wrote:

I'll answer it in comparison. (a) Bsh is not running again. But why to vote for me over blade its just a matter of preference. I love blade to death, hes a great guy and did a great job. I have no ill will toward him and hes still going to be one of my favorite people on the site and a great friend no matter which way this swings

The issue with being a president is that you have limited power as to what you can do. Mods have the real authoirty and even there is limited to site updates. I think I can end up getting the front page changed, I think I can implement the new users guide as a sticky, I can put in voting incentives, along with weekly updates that feature best votes and best debates of week. There is a lot I can do

Why vote for us, because of the impact we have with the community. To get a overhaul or change like the front page or other factors, you need a mass amount of support from the community for juggle to take notice. If it was as easy as pitching an idea blade would have did or max would have did. There has to be more to it than that. Ima can change, and he is a risk, but its a risk worth taking with his assurance and the amount of promise he has shown to change thus far.

We not only can match blades effort, but we may be able to promote and invest in new ideas and ways that have yet to be done a previous presidents


As a final question just for laughs, would you make "humanism" a religious choice on user profiles?

It would be funny, but probably not in the long run. It would invite much more trolling than needed. We already need some site clean up, much less add to it XD
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 7:54:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/3/2014 10:44:40 AM, Mikal wrote:

I like your platform, but I think you (and especially Imabench) lack the maturity to run a good presidency. I don't doubt you both could run a surely entertaining and probably dramatic presidency, but I don't think that is the point.

I have personally heard you curse out members you dislike on this site, you've had more than a few close calls with Airmax, I personally think you have blown things out of proportion more than once, and much of the material you present on this site isn't exactly age appropriate. These same things also apply to Imabench (perhaps to a greater degree). Imabench has too, cursed out members he dislikes and has trolled them to the point of leaving this site which is not an appropriate way to handle disliked members, he has been banned by Airmax more than once, and he has probably been involved in more site drama than anyone on this site. The presidency calls for maturity, efficiency, strong and well behaved leadership, and community involvement.

This all being said, both you and Ima are great members. What makes you both great members are the goods and evils you present, but I believe that the DDO presidency calls for only the good. There is no such thing as "Once I'm president I will act mature." A good president is someone who has already exhibited the traits of a president, not someone who promises to take on such traits once they become president.
Nolite Timere
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 7:58:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/3/2014 7:54:18 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 12/3/2014 10:44:40 AM, Mikal wrote:

I like your platform, but I think you (and especially Imabench) lack the maturity to run a good presidency. I don't doubt you both could run a surely entertaining and probably dramatic presidency, but I don't think that is the point.

I have personally heard you curse out members you dislike on this site, you've had more than a few close calls with Airmax, I personally think you have blown things out of proportion more than once, and much of the material you present on this site isn't exactly age appropriate. These same things also apply to Imabench (perhaps to a greater degree). Imabench has too, cursed out members he dislikes and has trolled them to the point of leaving this site which is not an appropriate way to handle disliked members, he has been banned by Airmax more than once, and he has probably been involved in more site drama than anyone on this site. The presidency calls for maturity, efficiency, strong and well behaved leadership, and community involvement.

This all being said, both you and Ima are great members. What makes you both great members are the goods and evils you present, but I believe that the DDO presidency calls for only the good. There is no such thing as "Once I'm president I will act mature." A good president is someone who has already exhibited the traits of a president, not someone who promises to take on such traits once they become president.

Most of my behavior is literally related to mafia games, Which I have addressed. Game =/= How I or anyone can handle an election or a duty. IF you were abiding by that, no one would have a job that has ever got pissed off when they played x box under that line of logic. It's saying you can't separate avenues.

I don't expect to get every vote or for everyone to believe me. But I do it in real life every day, and I can do it on here. I have did it on here. I am not in a position of power as a moderator but I am going to be in a position to the help the site

In addition Ima , myself, and steel have contributed monumental amounts of effort into the site and stuff that has went into. Hince the long list

You are entitled to think what you wish, but it is not a promise, its a fact.
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 8:13:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/3/2014 7:58:43 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/3/2014 7:54:18 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 12/3/2014 10:44:40 AM, Mikal wrote:

I like your platform, but I think you (and especially Imabench) lack the maturity to run a good presidency. I don't doubt you both could run a surely entertaining and probably dramatic presidency, but I don't think that is the point.

I have personally heard you curse out members you dislike on this site, you've had more than a few close calls with Airmax, I personally think you have blown things out of proportion more than once, and much of the material you present on this site isn't exactly age appropriate. These same things also apply to Imabench (perhaps to a greater degree). Imabench has too, cursed out members he dislikes and has trolled them to the point of leaving this site which is not an appropriate way to handle disliked members, he has been banned by Airmax more than once, and he has probably been involved in more site drama than anyone on this site. The presidency calls for maturity, efficiency, strong and well behaved leadership, and community involvement.

This all being said, both you and Ima are great members. What makes you both great members are the goods and evils you present, but I believe that the DDO presidency calls for only the good. There is no such thing as "Once I'm president I will act mature." A good president is someone who has already exhibited the traits of a president, not someone who promises to take on such traits once they become president.

Most of my behavior is literally related to mafia games, Which I have addressed. Game =/= How I or anyone can handle an election or a duty.

I disagree, I think much of your behavior can attributed to actions taken outside of games. For example, you have made *clearly* inappropriate debates and comments, you have ranted about members even outside of mafia games, you have inappropriately handled situations with members you dislike (often coming down to times where you just end up cursing a member out or directly insulting them), you have a very short temper as made clear by mafia games and other circumstances, and overall I simply think you lack the maturity to be a good president. This isn't a matter of whether I believe in you or not, it is an objective assessment of your actions, how these actions relate to your character, and how your character is compared to an ideal president.

In addition Ima , myself, and steel have contributed monumental amounts of effort into the site and stuff that has went into. Hince the long list

This is great and I think you should still contribute to the site, but I simply think you lack the character to lead this site. For all the goods you have done, you and Imabench also have a long list of evils.

You are entitled to think what you wish, but it is not a promise, its a fact.

This is another problem I see. This line of thinking seems to be that of "I know what you think and I respect that, but I am definitely right." It seems to lack consideration of views, critical thinking on how to improve oneself, and ultimately I think it comes down to a matter of pride.

What is this presidency to you? Is it to add to your list of accomplishments, or is it truly to help this website out?

As Bladerunner once told me, "Ask yourself, why do you seek the Cup of Christ? Is it for His glory, or for yours?" - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Nolite Timere
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 9:19:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/3/2014 8:13:06 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 12/3/2014 7:58:43 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/3/2014 7:54:18 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 12/3/2014 10:44:40 AM, Mikal wrote:

I like your platform, but I think you (and especially Imabench) lack the maturity to run a good presidency. I don't doubt you both could run a surely entertaining and probably dramatic presidency, but I don't think that is the point.

I have personally heard you curse out members you dislike on this site, you've had more than a few close calls with Airmax, I personally think you have blown things out of proportion more than once, and much of the material you present on this site isn't exactly age appropriate. These same things also apply to Imabench (perhaps to a greater degree). Imabench has too, cursed out members he dislikes and has trolled them to the point of leaving this site which is not an appropriate way to handle disliked members, he has been banned by Airmax more than once, and he has probably been involved in more site drama than anyone on this site. The presidency calls for maturity, efficiency, strong and well behaved leadership, and community involvement.

This all being said, both you and Ima are great members. What makes you both great members are the goods and evils you present, but I believe that the DDO presidency calls for only the good. There is no such thing as "Once I'm president I will act mature." A good president is someone who has already exhibited the traits of a president, not someone who promises to take on such traits once they become president.

Most of my behavior is literally related to mafia games, Which I have addressed. Game =/= How I or anyone can handle an election or a duty.

I disagree, I think much of your behavior can attributed to actions taken outside of games. For example, you have made *clearly* inappropriate debates and comments, you have ranted about members even outside of mafia games, you have inappropriately handled situations with members you dislike (often coming down to times where you just end up cursing a member out or directly insulting them), you have a very short temper as made clear by mafia games and other circumstances, and overall I simply think you lack the maturity to be a good president. This isn't a matter of whether I believe in you or not, it is an objective assessment of your actions, how these actions relate to your character, and how your character is compared to an ideal president.

That I would take a debate on. How you act while playing a "game" is a tell for how you would handle a job or act in person. Add it to the list of debates I want to do. Because its not a accurate depiction of someones character. I have manged to about kick my TV yet I could manage a 20 person team in a auditing firm with no complaints. Games are a way to escape reality, thus a different avenue. As is this site with most members, It's quite possible to split the two at any given time

But you are entitled to your own thoughts, granted I fundamentally disagree with everything in that statement.


In addition Ima , myself, and steel have contributed monumental amounts of effort into the site and stuff that has went into. Hince the long list

This is great and I think you should still contribute to the site, but I simply think you lack the character to lead this site. For all the goods you have done, you and Imabench also have a long list of evils.

Everyone has evils, even past presidents, moderators, and future presidents. Just because I flame in mafia doesn't mean I cant do the job. Again for the reasons listed above

You are entitled to think what you wish, but it is not a promise, its a fact.

This is another problem I see. This line of thinking seems to be that of "I know what you think and I respect that, but I am definitely right." It seems to lack consideration of views, critical thinking on how to improve oneself, and ultimately I think it comes down to a matter of pride.

Its not lacking consideration, its stating a fact. IF there is a green pen that you want to call blue, you are entitled to call it blue. That does not change the fact you are wrong. I know what im capable of, and I know what bench is capable of. You are entitled to think differently, but I know my limitations and what, I have did in real life, and off. But again your opinion is your own, me not agreeing with you does not mean I lack consideration for your view point. I just disagree with it fundamentally.

What is this presidency to you? Is it to add to your list of accomplishments, or is it truly to help this website out?

As Bladerunner once told me, "Ask yourself, why do you seek the Cup of Christ? Is it for His glory, or for yours?" - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

If I wanted to add it to my list of accomplishments I would just throw my name in and not put forth the effort im putting forth at the moment. It would still have the same effect. I got to the top of the site in 5 months for a reason. One because I am a decent debater, two because I have massive amounts of public influence on here. You add my capability to debate well, with the fact I can interact on social norms and get along with everybody , it's a great quality to have. Simply put if i wanted the job simply to have it, I would not be trying as hard as I am and I would still have a great deal of impact in a election

I however have received help from the people on the site. They put their faith in me. Many more will put their faith in me in this election, and I will return the favor the best way i know how. That is site improvement.
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 9:36:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/3/2014 9:19:09 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/3/2014 8:13:06 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 12/3/2014 7:58:43 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/3/2014 7:54:18 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 12/3/2014 10:44:40 AM, Mikal wrote:

I like your platform, but I think you (and especially Imabench) lack the maturity to run a good presidency. I don't doubt you both could run a surely entertaining and probably dramatic presidency, but I don't think that is the point.

I have personally heard you curse out members you dislike on this site, you've had more than a few close calls with Airmax, I personally think you have blown things out of proportion more than once, and much of the material you present on this site isn't exactly age appropriate. These same things also apply to Imabench (perhaps to a greater degree). Imabench has too, cursed out members he dislikes and has trolled them to the point of leaving this site which is not an appropriate way to handle disliked members, he has been banned by Airmax more than once, and he has probably been involved in more site drama than anyone on this site. The presidency calls for maturity, efficiency, strong and well behaved leadership, and community involvement.

This all being said, both you and Ima are great members. What makes you both great members are the goods and evils you present, but I believe that the DDO presidency calls for only the good. There is no such thing as "Once I'm president I will act mature." A good president is someone who has already exhibited the traits of a president, not someone who promises to take on such traits once they become president.

Most of my behavior is literally related to mafia games, Which I have addressed. Game =/= How I or anyone can handle an election or a duty.

I disagree, I think much of your behavior can attributed to actions taken outside of games. For example, you have made *clearly* inappropriate debates and comments, you have ranted about members even outside of mafia games, you have inappropriately handled situations with members you dislike (often coming down to times where you just end up cursing a member out or directly insulting them), you have a very short temper as made clear by mafia games and other circumstances, and overall I simply think you lack the maturity to be a good president. This isn't a matter of whether I believe in you or not, it is an objective assessment of your actions, how these actions relate to your character, and how your character is compared to an ideal president.


That I would take a debate on. How you act while playing a "game" is a tell for how you would handle a job or act in person. Add it to the list of debates I want to do. Because its not a accurate depiction of someones character. I have manged to about kick my TV yet I could manage a 20 person team in a auditing firm with no complaints. Games are a way to escape reality, thus a different avenue. As is this site with most members, It's quite possible to split the two at any given time

Mikal, I am not talking about how you have acted while playing mafia, I am speaking beyond that. You only responded to a small portion of what stated.

But you are entitled to your own thoughts, granted I fundamentally disagree with everything in that statement.


In addition Ima , myself, and steel have contributed monumental amounts of effort into the site and stuff that has went into. Hince the long list

This is great and I think you should still contribute to the site, but I simply think you lack the character to lead this site. For all the goods you have done, you and Imabench also have a long list of evils.

Everyone has evils, even past presidents, moderators, and future presidents. Just because I flame in mafia doesn't mean I cant do the job. Again for the reasons listed above

Sure everyone has their evils, but yours and ima's are considerable.

You are entitled to think what you wish, but it is not a promise, its a fact.

This is another problem I see. This line of thinking seems to be that of "I know what you think and I respect that, but I am definitely right." It seems to lack consideration of views, critical thinking on how to improve oneself, and ultimately I think it comes down to a matter of pride.

Its not lacking consideration, its stating a fact. IF there is a green pen that you want to call blue, you are entitled to call it blue.

The problem is your "objective" assumption that you are right. That is pride.

That does not change the fact you are wrong. I know what im capable of, and I know what bench is capable of. You are entitled to think differently, but I know my limitations and what, I have did in real life, and off. But again your opinion is your own, me not agreeing with you does not mean I lack consideration for your view point. I just disagree with it fundamentally.

What is this presidency to you? Is it to add to your list of accomplishments, or is it truly to help this website out?

As Bladerunner once told me, "Ask yourself, why do you seek the Cup of Christ? Is it for His glory, or for yours?" - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

If I wanted to add it to my list of accomplishments I would just throw my name in and not put forth the effort im putting forth at the moment. It would still have the same effect. I got to the top of the site in 5 months for a reason. One because I am a decent debater, two because I have massive amounts of public influence on here. You add my capability to debate well, with the fact I can interact on social norms and get along with everybody , it's a great quality to have. Simply put if i wanted the job simply to have it, I would not be trying as hard as I am and I would still have a great deal of impact in a election

Okay, but what I am saying is, is this a prideful action masked as community service? Now you don't have to answer. I don't know the answer. I just think it is a question worth considering.

Random question, what is your MBTI personality type?

I however have received help from the people on the site. They put their faith in me. Many more will put their faith in me in this election, and I will return the favor the best way i know how. That is site improvement.
Nolite Timere
dtaylor971
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 9:40:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/3/2014 10:44:40 AM, Mikal wrote:
Most members on here know me and for those that don't I am going to explain a little bit about myself and why I think you should vote for my ticket.

(a) I joined the site a little over a year ago and managed to climb to the top of the elo leader board in the fastest amount of time ever. This is both to do with me being a decent debater, and my renown. I am by no means the best debater, but I am a good debater and somehow ended up being one of the most influential people on the site.

Actually, the first person on site climbed to the top of the ELO leaderboard a wee bit faster than you did :P
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 9:41:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/3/2014 7:54:18 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 12/3/2014 10:44:40 AM, Mikal wrote:

I like your platform, but I think you (and especially Imabench) lack the maturity to run a good presidency. I don't doubt you both could run a surely entertaining and probably dramatic presidency, but I don't think that is the point.

I have personally heard you curse out members you dislike on this site, you've had more than a few close calls with Airmax, I personally think you have blown things out of proportion more than once, and much of the material you present on this site isn't exactly age appropriate. These same things also apply to Imabench (perhaps to a greater degree). Imabench has too, cursed out members he dislikes and has trolled them to the point of leaving this site which is not an appropriate way to handle disliked members, he has been banned by Airmax more than once, and he has probably been involved in more site drama than anyone on this site. The presidency calls for maturity, efficiency, strong and well behaved leadership, and community involvement.

This all being said, both you and Ima are great members. What makes you both great members are the goods and evils you present, but I believe that the DDO presidency calls for only the good. There is no such thing as "Once I'm president I will act mature." A good president is someone who has already exhibited the traits of a president, not someone who promises to take on such traits once they become president.

^^^ What he said.
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 10:06:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/3/2014 9:36:45 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 12/3/2014 9:19:09 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/3/2014 8:13:06 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 12/3/2014 7:58:43 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/3/2014 7:54:18 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 12/3/2014 10:44:40 AM, Mikal wrote:

I like your platform, but I think you (and especially Imabench) lack the maturity to run a good presidency. I don't doubt you both could run a surely entertaining and probably dramatic presidency, but I don't think that is the point.

I have personally heard you curse out members you dislike on this site, you've had more than a few close calls with Airmax, I personally think you have blown things out of proportion more than once, and much of the material you present on this site isn't exactly age appropriate. These same things also apply to Imabench (perhaps to a greater degree). Imabench has too, cursed out members he dislikes and has trolled them to the point of leaving this site which is not an appropriate way to handle disliked members, he has been banned by Airmax more than once, and he has probably been involved in more site drama than anyone on this site. The presidency calls for maturity, efficiency, strong and well behaved leadership, and community involvement.

This all being said, both you and Ima are great members. What makes you both great members are the goods and evils you present, but I believe that the DDO presidency calls for only the good. There is no such thing as "Once I'm president I will act mature." A good president is someone who has already exhibited the traits of a president, not someone who promises to take on such traits once they become president.

Most of my behavior is literally related to mafia games, Which I have addressed. Game =/= How I or anyone can handle an election or a duty.

I disagree, I think much of your behavior can attributed to actions taken outside of games. For example, you have made *clearly* inappropriate debates and comments, you have ranted about members even outside of mafia games, you have inappropriately handled situations with members you dislike (often coming down to times where you just end up cursing a member out or directly insulting them), you have a very short temper as made clear by mafia games and other circumstances, and overall I simply think you lack the maturity to be a good president. This isn't a matter of whether I believe in you or not, it is an objective assessment of your actions, how these actions relate to your character, and how your character is compared to an ideal president.


That I would take a debate on. How you act while playing a "game" is a tell for how you would handle a job or act in person. Add it to the list of debates I want to do. Because its not a accurate depiction of someones character. I have manged to about kick my TV yet I could manage a 20 person team in a auditing firm with no complaints. Games are a way to escape reality, thus a different avenue. As is this site with most members, It's quite possible to split the two at any given time

Mikal, I am not talking about how you have acted while playing mafia, I am speaking beyond that. You only responded to a small portion of what stated.

That is what you stated. Almost everyone of my close calls and issues with airmax, came from mafia. Outside of that there is maybe one or two situations where I really got into it someone and after a short time, we became good friends. Also I have did nothing of the sort in the past months nor am i inclined too. The issues I got into members with were minimal, and no less than any president. I can dig up history for anyone you probably could name, and they have been in rage wars as well. It happens, it's a debate site. That doesnt mean I have not started to or cannot tone it down to 0. Which I have done completely . Unless again you are referring to mafia, which as I stated I will take a debate on the game issue anytime you want to send it after the election.

But you are entitled to your own thoughts, granted I fundamentally disagree with everything in that statement.


In addition Ima , myself, and steel have contributed monumental amounts of effort into the site and stuff that has went into. Hince the long list

This is great and I think you should still contribute to the site, but I simply think you lack the character to lead this site. For all the goods you have done, you and Imabench also have a long list of evils.

Everyone has evils, even past presidents, moderators, and future presidents. Just because I flame in mafia doesn't mean I cant do the job. Again for the reasons listed above

Sure everyone has their evils, but yours and ima's are considerable.

My goods, far outway my evils. Other wise I would be homeless. The character that you see in me, others obv do not and they have gave me their trust. Which time well tell if enough people trust me to allow me to help the site. They have trusted me in every other aspect thus far, and I hope and think they will continue to do.


You are entitled to think what you wish, but it is not a promise, its a fact.


Its not lacking consideration, its stating a fact. IF there is a green pen that you want to call blue, you are entitled to call it blue.

The problem is your "objective" assumption that you are right. That is pride.

Pride in ones acheivements when they are solidifed, can generally be objective. There are alot of things I achevied both in life and on here that are objectively good. Thus my acheviments I speak of as verified by my personal expereicne along with most past and future people I have dealt with is objectively right in most minds. Granted nothing is objective, but a considerable margin of people would agree.

That does not change the fact you are wrong. I know what im capable of, and I know what bench is capable of. You are entitled to think differently, but I know my limitations and what, I have did in real life, and off. But again your opinion is your own, me not agreeing with you does not mean I lack consideration for your view point. I just disagree with it fundamentally.

What is this presidency to you? Is it to add to your list of accomplishments, or is it truly to help this website out?

As Bladerunner once told me, "Ask yourself, why do you seek the Cup of Christ? Is it for His glory, or for yours?" - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

If I wanted to add it to my list of accomplishments I would just throw my name in and not put forth the effort im putting forth at the moment. It would still have the same effect. I got to the top of the site in 5 months for a reason. One because I am a decent debater, two because I have massive amounts of public influence on here. You add my capability to debate well, with the fact I can interact on social norms and get along with everybody , it's a great quality to have. Simply put if i wanted the job simply to have it, I would not be trying as hard as I am and I would still have a great deal of impact in a election

Okay, but what I am saying is, is this a prideful action masked as community service? Now you don't have to answer. I don't know the answer. I just think it is a question worth considering.

If i had pride in the way you speak I would find other ways to glorify myself than commit countless hours of devotion by being president. I'm doing this strictly out of love for the site


Random question, what is your MBTI personality type?

no clue

I however have received help from the people on the site. They put their faith in me. Many more will put their faith in me in this election, and I will return the favor the best way i know how. That is site improvemen