Total Posts:20|Showing Posts:1-20
Jump to topic:

Racists: I don't care for your racism

debate_power
Posts: 726
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 5:03:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm really tired of seeing all the racist polls, posts, and debates on here. I am aware that most of those created recently were by the same person under multiple accounts, but then I saw that another user made a racist poll (which has now been removed). Seriously, how can one find racism even remotely redeeming? Things that have no logical basis are no good to anybody. Racism is just another dividing factor, and as such, it's something the human race could well do away with. People who post hate content can go dwell in their immorality and ignorance elsewhere. There are plenty of other sites where ignoramuses can profess their derisive junk to birds of a similar asinine feather.
You can call me Mark if you like.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 5:52:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/3/2014 5:03:12 PM, debate_power wrote:
I'm really tired of seeing all the racist polls, posts, and debates on here. I am aware that most of those created recently were by the same person under multiple accounts, but then I saw that another user made a racist poll (which has now been removed). Seriously, how can one find racism even remotely redeeming? Things that have no logical basis are no good to anybody. Racism is just another dividing factor, and as such, it's something the human race could well do away with. People who post hate content can go dwell in their immorality and ignorance elsewhere. There are plenty of other sites where ignoramuses can profess their derisive junk to birds of a similar asinine feather.

Just show them their logical fallacies. Debate them. If you want, I'll do a racist debate so you can get practice.

Blacks on average have a lower IQ than whites. Pro

Blacks on average commit more crimes than whites. Pro

The Jews have a disproportionately high amount of influence over American politics. Pro

Blacks are more likely to suffer from sickle cell anemia than phillipinos. pro.

Black cats are bad luck. pro.

Koreans have small penises, pro

White people should pay reparations. Pro

If you're tired of racism, make the racists sound stupid by crushing their arguments.
debate_power
Posts: 726
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 5:55:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/3/2014 5:52:00 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/3/2014 5:03:12 PM, debate_power wrote:
I'm really tired of seeing all the racist polls, posts, and debates on here. I am aware that most of those created recently were by the same person under multiple accounts, but then I saw that another user made a racist poll (which has now been removed). Seriously, how can one find racism even remotely redeeming? Things that have no logical basis are no good to anybody. Racism is just another dividing factor, and as such, it's something the human race could well do away with. People who post hate content can go dwell in their immorality and ignorance elsewhere. There are plenty of other sites where ignoramuses can profess their derisive junk to birds of a similar asinine feather.

Just show them their logical fallacies. Debate them. If you want, I'll do a racist debate so you can get practice.

Blacks on average have a lower IQ than whites. Pro

Blacks on average commit more crimes than whites. Pro

The Jews have a disproportionately high amount of influence over American politics. Pro

Blacks are more likely to suffer from sickle cell anemia than phillipinos. pro.

Black cats are bad luck. pro.

Koreans have small penises, pro

White people should pay reparations. Pro

If you're tired of racism, make the racists sound stupid by crushing their arguments.

That's all right. I'll debate them if I get the chance.
You can call me Mark if you like.
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 5:57:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/3/2014 5:52:00 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/3/2014 5:03:12 PM, debate_power wrote:
I'm really tired of seeing all the racist polls, posts, and debates on here. I am aware that most of those created recently were by the same person under multiple accounts, but then I saw that another user made a racist poll (which has now been removed). Seriously, how can one find racism even remotely redeeming? Things that have no logical basis are no good to anybody. Racism is just another dividing factor, and as such, it's something the human race could well do away with. People who post hate content can go dwell in their immorality and ignorance elsewhere. There are plenty of other sites where ignoramuses can profess their derisive junk to birds of a similar asinine feather.

Just show them their logical fallacies. Debate them. If you want, I'll do a racist debate so you can get practice.

Blacks on average have a lower IQ than whites. Pro

I would never run that

Blacks on average commit more crimes than whites. Pro

The Jews have a disproportionately high amount of influence over American politics. Pro

Blacks are more likely to suffer from sickle cell anemia than phillipinos. pro.

Black cats are bad luck. pro.

Koreans have small penises, pro

White people should pay reparations. Pro

If you're tired of racism, make the racists sound stupid by crushing their arguments.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 5:59:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/3/2014 5:57:24 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/3/2014 5:52:00 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/3/2014 5:03:12 PM, debate_power wrote:
I'm really tired of seeing all the racist polls, posts, and debates on here. I am aware that most of those created recently were by the same person under multiple accounts, but then I saw that another user made a racist poll (which has now been removed). Seriously, how can one find racism even remotely redeeming? Things that have no logical basis are no good to anybody. Racism is just another dividing factor, and as such, it's something the human race could well do away with. People who post hate content can go dwell in their immorality and ignorance elsewhere. There are plenty of other sites where ignoramuses can profess their derisive junk to birds of a similar asinine feather.

Just show them their logical fallacies. Debate them. If you want, I'll do a racist debate so you can get practice.

Blacks on average have a lower IQ than whites. Pro

I would never run that

That's cause you can't run fast, cracker.

Blacks on average commit more crimes than whites. Pro

The Jews have a disproportionately high amount of influence over American politics. Pro

Blacks are more likely to suffer from sickle cell anemia than phillipinos. pro.

Black cats are bad luck. pro.

Koreans have small penises, pro

White people should pay reparations. Pro

If you're tired of racism, make the racists sound stupid by crushing their arguments.
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 6:00:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/3/2014 5:59:33 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/3/2014 5:57:24 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/3/2014 5:52:00 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/3/2014 5:03:12 PM, debate_power wrote:
I'm really tired of seeing all the racist polls, posts, and debates on here. I am aware that most of those created recently were by the same person under multiple accounts, but then I saw that another user made a racist poll (which has now been removed). Seriously, how can one find racism even remotely redeeming? Things that have no logical basis are no good to anybody. Racism is just another dividing factor, and as such, it's something the human race could well do away with. People who post hate content can go dwell in their immorality and ignorance elsewhere. There are plenty of other sites where ignoramuses can profess their derisive junk to birds of a similar asinine feather.

Just show them their logical fallacies. Debate them. If you want, I'll do a racist debate so you can get practice.

Blacks on average have a lower IQ than whites. Pro

I would never run that

That's cause you can't run fast, cracker.

lol

Blacks on average commit more crimes than whites. Pro

The Jews have a disproportionately high amount of influence over American politics. Pro

Blacks are more likely to suffer from sickle cell anemia than phillipinos. pro.

Black cats are bad luck. pro.

Koreans have small penises, pro

White people should pay reparations. Pro

If you're tired of racism, make the racists sound stupid by crushing their arguments.
Wocambs
Posts: 1,505
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 6:20:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/3/2014 5:52:00 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/3/2014 5:03:12 PM, debate_power wrote:
I'm really tired of seeing all the racist polls, posts, and debates on here. I am aware that most of those created recently were by the same person under multiple accounts, but then I saw that another user made a racist poll (which has now been removed). Seriously, how can one find racism even remotely redeeming? Things that have no logical basis are no good to anybody. Racism is just another dividing factor, and as such, it's something the human race could well do away with. People who post hate content can go dwell in their immorality and ignorance elsewhere. There are plenty of other sites where ignoramuses can profess their derisive junk to birds of a similar asinine feather.

Just show them their logical fallacies. Debate them. If you want, I'll do a racist debate so you can get practice.

Blacks on average have a lower IQ than whites. Pro

Blacks on average commit more crimes than whites. Pro

The Jews have a disproportionately high amount of influence over American politics. Pro

Blacks are more likely to suffer from sickle cell anemia than phillipinos. pro.

Black cats are bad luck. pro.

Koreans have small penises, pro

White people should pay reparations. Pro

If you're tired of racism, make the racists sound stupid by crushing their arguments.

I don't really think these are examples of racism. I think people draw attention to these questions because they are racists, but the answers to those questions don't do anything to establish the inferiority or superiority of some races to others. Someone who can run faster than you is superior to in terms of how fast you can run, but that in no way justifies the assertion that anyone is an 'inferior' or 'superior' human being, which is what racism is. It can't be the acknowledgement of difference. Of course, as I said, most of the people who bring this stuff up are either racists or being provocateurs.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 6:28:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/3/2014 6:20:25 PM, Wocambs wrote:
At 12/3/2014 5:52:00 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/3/2014 5:03:12 PM, debate_power wrote:
I'm really tired of seeing all the racist polls, posts, and debates on here. I am aware that most of those created recently were by the same person under multiple accounts, but then I saw that another user made a racist poll (which has now been removed). Seriously, how can one find racism even remotely redeeming? Things that have no logical basis are no good to anybody. Racism is just another dividing factor, and as such, it's something the human race could well do away with. People who post hate content can go dwell in their immorality and ignorance elsewhere. There are plenty of other sites where ignoramuses can profess their derisive junk to birds of a similar asinine feather.

Just show them their logical fallacies. Debate them. If you want, I'll do a racist debate so you can get practice.

Blacks on average have a lower IQ than whites. Pro

Blacks on average commit more crimes than whites. Pro

The Jews have a disproportionately high amount of influence over American politics. Pro

Blacks are more likely to suffer from sickle cell anemia than phillipinos. pro.

Black cats are bad luck. pro.

Koreans have small penises, pro

White people should pay reparations. Pro

If you're tired of racism, make the racists sound stupid by crushing their arguments.

I don't really think these are examples of racism. I think people draw attention to these questions because they are racists, but the answers to those questions don't do anything to establish the inferiority or superiority of some races to others. Someone who can run faster than you is superior to in terms of how fast you can run, but that in no way justifies the assertion that anyone is an 'inferior' or 'superior' human being, which is what racism is. It can't be the acknowledgement of difference. Of course, as I said, most of the people who bring this stuff up are either racists or being provocateurs.

I still think defining racism as meaning your race is superior is incorrect. A lot of the anti Semitism you see actually paints Jewish people as a master race but you'd still call those people racist.

Although I think pride in one's race is immature or tribal (regardless of race), that pride, thinking you race is best isn't necessarily racist. I've had some real good friends who are Black Israelites ( A black supremacist movement of sorts) and despite them thinking there race was superior to mine, I never felt anything but love from those guys.

I think racism would be more of a negative attitude towards a race of people which is completely separate than belief about superiority.
Wocambs
Posts: 1,505
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 7:49:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/3/2014 6:28:50 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/3/2014 6:20:25 PM, Wocambs wrote:
At 12/3/2014 5:52:00 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/3/2014 5:03:12 PM, debate_power wrote:
I'm really tired of seeing all the racist polls, posts, and debates on here. I am aware that most of those created recently were by the same person under multiple accounts, but then I saw that another user made a racist poll (which has now been removed). Seriously, how can one find racism even remotely redeeming? Things that have no logical basis are no good to anybody. Racism is just another dividing factor, and as such, it's something the human race could well do away with. People who post hate content can go dwell in their immorality and ignorance elsewhere. There are plenty of other sites where ignoramuses can profess their derisive junk to birds of a similar asinine feather.

Just show them their logical fallacies. Debate them. If you want, I'll do a racist debate so you can get practice.

Blacks on average have a lower IQ than whites. Pro

Blacks on average commit more crimes than whites. Pro

The Jews have a disproportionately high amount of influence over American politics. Pro

Blacks are more likely to suffer from sickle cell anemia than phillipinos. pro.

Black cats are bad luck. pro.

Koreans have small penises, pro

White people should pay reparations. Pro

If you're tired of racism, make the racists sound stupid by crushing their arguments.

I don't really think these are examples of racism. I think people draw attention to these questions because they are racists, but the answers to those questions don't do anything to establish the inferiority or superiority of some races to others. Someone who can run faster than you is superior to in terms of how fast you can run, but that in no way justifies the assertion that anyone is an 'inferior' or 'superior' human being, which is what racism is. It can't be the acknowledgement of difference. Of course, as I said, most of the people who bring this stuff up are either racists or being provocateurs.

I still think defining racism as meaning your race is superior is incorrect. A lot of the anti Semitism you see actually paints Jewish people as a master race but you'd still call those people racist.

I don't think that's quite accurate. If I believed that the Jews were the master race then I would have to believe that I ought to bow down before them. If I was a racist then I might believe that Jews control the world and all its wealth, and I might believe that they are intelligent and cunning, but I could never believe that they are a superior people, or I would not be justified in attempting to overthrow their alleged conspiracy. They may be cunning, but they are greedy and tyrannical, or whatever.

Although I think pride in one's race is immature or tribal (regardless of race), that pride, thinking you race is best isn't necessarily racist. I've had some real good friends who are Black Israelites ( A black supremacist movement of sorts) and despite them thinking there race was superior to mine, I never felt anything but love from those guys.

I think that the state is an oppressive institution, yet many of my friends support that institution. Am I a bad anarchist? Were those black supremacists bad racists? Let's say I happen to find white people the most attractive. In that case, I might be happy to be an attractive white person. However, none of that is racist, since it does not involve the claim that any race is superior to any other, merely that I happen to find one race to be more conducive to beauty than another.

I think racism would be more of a negative attitude towards a race of people which is completely separate than belief about superiority.

The belief that I as a white man am inherently superior to a black man is what gives me the right to enslave him, whereas I do not have the right to enslave a white man. The belief that I am a member of the master race gives me the right to treat the Untermensch in a way that I would not treat members of my own race. If I think that statistics show that black people are generally less intelligent than other races, then this isn't racism either. If I think Koreans have smaller penises, or that white men can't jump, or that black guys can't lift - none of that is racist. If I find all Native Americans ugly, then that isn't racist either. The only belief that is actually racist is when you think that the morality of the situation changes when the race of the people involved changes.

That is because racism is an ideology. What you are presumably referring to by 'racism' is actually prejudice, which is different. Oh, and yeah, in real life I would call prejudiced people racists. It's a lot easier.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 8:56:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/3/2014 5:03:12 PM, debate_power wrote:
I'm really tired of seeing all the racist polls, posts, and debates on here. I am aware that most of those created recently were by the same person under multiple accounts, but then I saw that another user made a racist poll (which has now been removed). Seriously, how can one find racism even remotely redeeming? Things that have no logical basis are no good to anybody. Racism is just another dividing factor, and as such, it's something the human race could well do away with. People who post hate content can go dwell in their immorality and ignorance elsewhere. There are plenty of other sites where ignoramuses can profess their derisive junk to birds of a similar asinine feather.

Chances are they are trolls and think it is funny, rather than actually believing the stuff they say. If that makes you feel better.
My work here is, finally, done.
Bennett91
Posts: 4,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 9:11:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/6/2014 8:56:09 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/3/2014 5:03:12 PM, debate_power wrote:
I'm really tired of seeing all the racist polls, posts, and debates on here. I am aware that most of those created recently were by the same person under multiple accounts, but then I saw that another user made a racist poll (which has now been removed). Seriously, how can one find racism even remotely redeeming? Things that have no logical basis are no good to anybody. Racism is just another dividing factor, and as such, it's something the human race could well do away with. People who post hate content can go dwell in their immorality and ignorance elsewhere. There are plenty of other sites where ignoramuses can profess their derisive junk to birds of a similar asinine feather.

Chances are they are trolls and think it is funny, rather than actually believing the stuff they say. If that makes you feel better.

That makes it almost worse. Spewing hate speech for fun? At least a racist doesn't know the damage they are causing. If it's a troll they know they're being racist and damaging.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 9:15:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/6/2014 9:11:44 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

Chances are they are trolls and think it is funny, rather than actually believing the stuff they say. If that makes you feel better.

That makes it almost worse. Spewing hate speech for fun? At least a racist doesn't know the damage they are causing. If it's a troll they know they're being racist and damaging.

I'm pretty sure racists know the damage they do in many cases, like a lynch mob; they either don't care or rationalize it.
Further, I don't see why a troll is "damaging" anyone with hate speech.

Regardless, I hate trolls that get off on the frustration of others. It is a sense of entitlement that is ripe in America, and needs to stop.
My work here is, finally, done.
Bennett91
Posts: 4,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 9:21:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/6/2014 9:15:57 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/6/2014 9:11:44 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

Chances are they are trolls and think it is funny, rather than actually believing the stuff they say. If that makes you feel better.

That makes it almost worse. Spewing hate speech for fun? At least a racist doesn't know the damage they are causing. If it's a troll they know they're being racist and damaging.

I'm pretty sure racists know the damage they do in many cases, like a lynch mob; they either don't care or rationalize it.
Further, I don't see why a troll is "damaging" anyone with hate speech.

Regardless, I hate trolls that get off on the frustration of others. It is a sense of entitlement that is ripe in America, and needs to stop.

I'm talking about DDO, there are no lynch mobs. It's hard to imagine the damage because you're not black (neither am I). But having racist sh!t posted on DDO, a place that should be an intellectual escape from the stupidity of the real world, is just another reminder that the world thinks that black people are inferior beings. It's damaging because it's a self fulfilling prophecy, if everyone constantly reminds you of what a stupid savage you are it's going to imprint on that person and they might start to believe it; this denies said person agency and a better life.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 9:34:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/6/2014 9:21:47 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 12/6/2014 9:15:57 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/6/2014 9:11:44 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

Chances are they are trolls and think it is funny, rather than actually believing the stuff they say. If that makes you feel better.

That makes it almost worse. Spewing hate speech for fun? At least a racist doesn't know the damage they are causing. If it's a troll they know they're being racist and damaging.

I'm pretty sure racists know the damage they do in many cases, like a lynch mob; they either don't care or rationalize it.
Further, I don't see why a troll is "damaging" anyone with hate speech.

Regardless, I hate trolls that get off on the frustration of others. It is a sense of entitlement that is ripe in America, and needs to stop.

I'm talking about DDO, there are no lynch mobs. It's hard to imagine the damage because you're not black (neither am I).
The utterance of a word should not cause damage, and words only have value if the speaker does.
Trolls should be ignored, thus, their words should have no power, thus there is no damage.

But having racist sh!t posted on DDO, a place that should be an intellectual escape from the stupidity of the real world, is just another reminder that the world thinks that black people are inferior beings.
I don't follow. Do you mean that some people in the world think that? I love how so many people, in response to racism, do the exact same thing: overgeneralize.
Further, assuming they genuinely believed that and they used tact, are you suggesting their voices should be silenced on DDO?

It's damaging because it's a self fulfilling prophecy, if everyone constantly reminds you of what a stupid savage you are it's going to imprint on that person and they might start to believe it; this denies said person agency and a better life.
Then, it's up to that person, and those that love him, and his community, to reinforce the value this individual has.
Tell me, do you feel the same way about pedophiles? Or, is it okay that everyone hates them and tells them they are bad people, won't associate with them, and want them out of their neighborhoods? In either case, the individual cannot control what others think of him, nor can he control the factor they base it on. You need to reaffirm yourself, and hope and explain that people need to see past that one aspect of the individual.
My work here is, finally, done.
18Karl
Posts: 351
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 10:00:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/3/2014 5:03:12 PM, debate_power wrote:
I'm really tired of seeing all the racist polls, posts, and debates on here. I am aware that most of those created recently were by the same person under multiple accounts, but then I saw that another user made a racist poll (which has now been removed). Seriously, how can one find racism even remotely redeeming? Things that have no logical basis are no good to anybody. Racism is just another dividing factor, and as such, it's something the human race could well do away with. People who post hate content can go dwell in their immorality and ignorance elsewhere. There are plenty of other sites where ignoramuses can profess their derisive junk to birds of a similar asinine feather.

And why should I care for your ultra-tolerant attitudes? Geeze.....racists can not give a fvck too.
praise the lord Chin Chin
Bennett91
Posts: 4,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 10:14:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/6/2014 9:34:45 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/6/2014 9:21:47 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 12/6/2014 9:15:57 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/6/2014 9:11:44 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

Chances are they are trolls and think it is funny, rather than actually believing the stuff they say. If that makes you feel better.

That makes it almost worse. Spewing hate speech for fun? At least a racist doesn't know the damage they are causing. If it's a troll they know they're being racist and damaging.

I'm pretty sure racists know the damage they do in many cases, like a lynch mob; they either don't care or rationalize it.
Further, I don't see why a troll is "damaging" anyone with hate speech.

Regardless, I hate trolls that get off on the frustration of others. It is a sense of entitlement that is ripe in America, and needs to stop.

I'm talking about DDO, there are no lynch mobs. It's hard to imagine the damage because you're not black (neither am I).
The utterance of a word should not cause damage, and words only have value if the speaker does.
Trolls should be ignored, thus, their words should have no power, thus there is no damage.

Words do have power, that is one of their many utilities. Words have the power to make us happy, sad, mad etc regardless of the speaker. Complete strangers can evoke these emotions, and in the case of racism, it's almost always strangers who are perpetuating it. In the dynamic of power and equality, being told you're lesser by the group that purports to be superior (as evidence of all the socioeconomic power they hold) is damaging.

To say that they shouldn't do damage therefore they do no damage makes absolutely no sense. That's like saying "people shouldn't be racist, so there is no racism."

But having racist sh!t posted on DDO, a place that should be an intellectual escape from the stupidity of the real world, is just another reminder that the world thinks that black people are inferior beings.
I don't follow. Do you mean that some people in the world think that? I love how so many people, in response to racism, do the exact same thing: overgeneralize.

Is it an over-generalization when there's a blatant open history of racism in the US? Do you think that legacy has disappeared? You see black people in the streets today demanding justice, and what do they get? Nothing. Not everyone is racist, but when you see a system like ours to say that just "some" people are racist is an understatement.

Further, assuming they genuinely believed that and they used tact, are you suggesting their voices should be silenced on DDO?

Yes, for 2 reasons. 1) It violates DDO ToS, mods already take down racist polls and such. 2) This site is to foster debate and intellectual dialogue, if you want to talk about race fine, but blatant racists don't want to talk.

You say "tact" which adds context to the situation, so it depends on what's being said and the actual exchange of dialogue.

It's damaging because it's a self fulfilling prophecy, if everyone constantly reminds you of what a stupid savage you are it's going to imprint on that person and they might start to believe it; this denies said person agency and a better life.
Then, it's up to that person, and those that love him, and his community, to reinforce the value this individual has.
Tell me, do you feel the same way about pedophiles? Or, is it okay that everyone hates them and tells them they are bad people, won't associate with them, and want them out of their neighborhoods? In either case, the individual cannot control what others think of him, nor can he control the factor they base it on. You need to reaffirm yourself, and hope and explain that people need to see past that one aspect of the individual.

Pedophiles are not readily identifiable in the streets. Pedophiles can't control the factor that they get judged on?? It's stupid enough you're comparing black people to pedophiles, but you don't think pedophiles can control whether or not they molest children? Pedophiles have committed a criminal act whereas many black people are accosted by police for no other reason than being the same color as fitting racial profile for criminal.

As for the reaffirmation, that already goes on the the black community. But it's not just enough for a black person to say "I am a human being", others, non-blacks, have to recognize it too. Otherwise nothing changes and racism still continues.

But going back to the idea of trolling being just as bad as regular racism (on DDO). While we agree trolls are sh!tty people, trolls know what they're doing. As you said racists will rationalize their hate so in a messed up way it's forgivable. Trolls rationalize too. They'll say to themselves "oh I can say n*gger and other racist stuff because I'm just joking! Because black people and the history of racism is a joke!" they actually have a deeper level of self reflection, they recognize what they are doing is racist yet they go ahead and do it any ways. The racist and troll will use the exact same language, but the troll will think it's ok because he didn't mean it.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 10:14:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/6/2014 9:21:47 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 12/6/2014 9:15:57 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/6/2014 9:11:44 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

Chances are they are trolls and think it is funny, rather than actually believing the stuff they say. If that makes you feel better.

That makes it almost worse. Spewing hate speech for fun? At least a racist doesn't know the damage they are causing. If it's a troll they know they're being racist and damaging.

I'm pretty sure racists know the damage they do in many cases, like a lynch mob; they either don't care or rationalize it.
Further, I don't see why a troll is "damaging" anyone with hate speech.

Regardless, I hate trolls that get off on the frustration of others. It is a sense of entitlement that is ripe in America, and needs to stop.


You need to examine your own racist attitude and worry about that before you worry about other people's racism.

Let me elaborate:

I'm talking about DDO, there are no lynch mobs. It's hard to imagine the damage because you're not black (neither am I).

Are you saying blacks are stupid enough to be hurt by racism but other races are not. We've all experienced racism to some extent, so saying only blacks understand it is really no different than saying they are the only ones stupid enough to internalize it.

But having racist sh!t posted on DDO, a place that should be an intellectual escape from the stupidity of the real world, is just another reminder that the world thinks that black people are inferior beings.

Does the world think that or are you over generalizing, and doing the same thing you attack racists for?

It's damaging because it's a self fulfilling prophecy, if everyone constantly reminds you of what a stupid savage you are it's going to imprint on that person and they might start to believe it;

This sounds like you're saying "the stupid savages will start to believe they are stupid savages if you tell them they are stupid savages"

There is no doubt this is racist. Not to mention that if it's a self fulfilling prophecy then you do in fact believe that blacks are"stupid savages". You just think it's less racist to make excuses for their savagery then to condemn them for it. This is the issue I have for racism from liberals. To me it's even more harmful than racism from conservatives. Liberals start with the same set of premises as their racist conservative brethren. They believe blacks are inferior and need to be babied and treated with kid gloves. While their conservative brethren believe they are inferior and should not be handled with kid gloves.

The truth of the matter is that, realize it or not Bennett, you are a racist. Your racism is more about making excuses for blacks and babying them, but it's still racist. It's sad that their political enemies treat them with more dignity than their political allies.

this denies said person agency and a better life.

No it doesn't. It may contribute to their state of mind but their state of mind is ultimately their responsibility.
Bennett91
Posts: 4,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 10:44:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/6/2014 10:14:49 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/6/2014 9:21:47 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 12/6/2014 9:15:57 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/6/2014 9:11:44 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

Chances are they are trolls and think it is funny, rather than actually believing the stuff they say. If that makes you feel better.

That makes it almost worse. Spewing hate speech for fun? At least a racist doesn't know the damage they are causing. If it's a troll they know they're being racist and damaging.

I'm pretty sure racists know the damage they do in many cases, like a lynch mob; they either don't care or rationalize it.
Further, I don't see why a troll is "damaging" anyone with hate speech.

Regardless, I hate trolls that get off on the frustration of others. It is a sense of entitlement that is ripe in America, and needs to stop.


You need to examine your own racist attitude and worry about that before you worry about other people's racism.

Oh please king troll, lecture me on racism.

Let me elaborate:

I'm talking about DDO, there are no lynch mobs. It's hard to imagine the damage because you're not black (neither am I).

Are you saying blacks are stupid enough to be hurt by racism but other races are not. We've all experienced racism to some extent, so saying only blacks understand it is really no different than saying they are the only ones stupid enough to internalize it.

Did I say only blacks go through racism? No, I didn't. On DDO I've only seen anti-black polls. If you're going to try to read words where there are none I recommend you stop, because it will get you no where. You've experienced racism to some extent sure, but can you honestly compare it to that of Hispanics and blacks or other minorities? Do you understand the concept of white privilege?

But having racist sh!t posted on DDO, a place that should be an intellectual escape from the stupidity of the real world, is just another reminder that the world thinks that black people are inferior beings.

Does the world think that or are you over generalizing, and doing the same thing you attack racists for?

Already addressed this with Kaos mage in the post below.

It's damaging because it's a self fulfilling prophecy, if everyone constantly reminds you of what a stupid savage you are it's going to imprint on that person and they might start to believe it;

This sounds like you're saying "the stupid savages will start to believe they are stupid savages if you tell them they are stupid savages"

I direct you to this video, https://www.youtube.com... Are you aware of the impact and meaning behind these types of studies?

It's nice how you try to turn my message into racism despite the reality of the situation. Remember I'm saying black people experience internalized racism (as do others), you read me saying "savages experience internalized racism". What does that tell you about your mindset? Do you control that?

There is no doubt this is racist. Not to mention that if it's a self fulfilling prophecy then you do in fact believe that blacks are"stupid savages". You just think it's less racist to make excuses for their savagery then to condemn them for it. This is the issue I have for racism from liberals. To me it's even more harmful than racism from conservatives. Liberals start with the same set of premises as their racist conservative brethren. They believe blacks are inferior and need to be babied and treated with kid gloves. While their conservative brethren believe they are inferior and should not be handled with kid gloves.

Strawman. And you continue to call them savages.

The truth of the matter is that, realize it or not Bennett, you are a racist. Your racism is more about making excuses for blacks and babying them, but it's still racist. It's sad that their political enemies treat them with more dignity than their political allies.

Acknowledging racism is not coddling black people.

this denies said person agency and a better life.

No it doesn't. It may contribute to their state of mind but their state of mind is ultimately their responsibility.

Ha. Did you come up with this idea while jerking off to Kant's unencumbered self?

Responsibility is a strange word to use in this context (especially on DDO). We have responsibilities to others, and to ourselves in a sense. But to say black people are responsible for maintaining their own mentality of self worth when under a constant barrage of insults and racist 'evidence' to the contrary ignores what blacks are trying to maintain against. As if white people have no responsibility to not be racist, and if a black person gets mad it's his fault. This isn't saying it's ok for people to become violent, but don't pretend it's ok to antagonize and provoke violence either.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 11:02:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/6/2014 10:44:55 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 12/6/2014 10:14:49 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/6/2014 9:21:47 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 12/6/2014 9:15:57 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/6/2014 9:11:44 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

Chances are they are trolls and think it is funny, rather than actually believing the stuff they say. If that makes you feel better.

That makes it almost worse. Spewing hate speech for fun? At least a racist doesn't know the damage they are causing. If it's a troll they know they're being racist and damaging.

I'm pretty sure racists know the damage they do in many cases, like a lynch mob; they either don't care or rationalize it.
Further, I don't see why a troll is "damaging" anyone with hate speech.

Regardless, I hate trolls that get off on the frustration of others. It is a sense of entitlement that is ripe in America, and needs to stop.


You need to examine your own racist attitude and worry about that before you worry about other people's racism.

Oh please king troll, lecture me on racism.

I plan on it, because you're a racist but unlike the overt racist, you deny it even to yourself which is even more damaging.

Let me elaborate:

I'm talking about DDO, there are no lynch mobs. It's hard to imagine the damage because you're not black (neither am I).

Are you saying blacks are stupid enough to be hurt by racism but other races are not. We've all experienced racism to some extent, so saying only blacks understand it is really no different than saying they are the only ones stupid enough to internalize it.

Did I say only blacks go through racism? No, I didn't. On DDO I've only seen anti-black polls. If you're going to try to read words where there are none I recommend you stop, because it will get you no where. You've experienced racism to some extent sure, but can you honestly compare it to that of Hispanics and blacks or other minorities? Do you understand the concept of white privilege?

White privilege is a myth. There really isn't much racism directed towards blacks. There are people both white and black who act ghetto and those individuals experience what they think is racism but in reality it's just a distaste and maybe hatred for idiots.

It's the same type of attitude white trash receives but artlessly white trash know they're hated because they're white trash while these black ghetto people assume racism, so they don't have to take responsibility for how they're perceived.

But having racist sh!t posted on DDO, a place that should be an intellectual escape from the stupidity of the real world, is just another reminder that the world thinks that black people are inferior beings.

Does the world think that or are you over generalizing, and doing the same thing you attack racists for?

Already addressed this with Kaos mage in the post below.

Not going to even bother to read it.

It's damaging because it's a self fulfilling prophecy, if everyone constantly reminds you of what a stupid savage you are it's going to imprint on that person and they might start to believe it;

This sounds like you're saying "the stupid savages will start to believe they are stupid savages if you tell them they are stupid savages"

I direct you to this video, https://www.youtube.com... Are you aware of the impact and meaning behind these types of studies?

You're saying it's a self fulfilling prophecy. Which is an acknowledgment or statement to black inferiority. You excuse the inferiority but it doesn't change the fact you view them as inferior.


It's nice how you try to turn my message into racism despite the reality of the situation. Remember I'm saying black people experience internalized racism (as do others), you read me saying "savages experience internalized racism". What does that tell you about your mindset? Do you control that?

There is no doubt this is racist. Not to mention that if it's a self fulfilling prophecy then you do in fact believe that blacks are"stupid savages". You just think it's less racist to make excuses for their savagery then to condemn them for it. This is the issue I have for racism from liberals. To me it's even more harmful than racism from conservatives. Liberals start with the same set of premises as their racist conservative brethren. They believe blacks are inferior and need to be babied and treated with kid gloves. While their conservative brethren believe they are inferior and should not be handled with kid gloves.

Strawman. And you continue to call them savages.

I'm quoting you and showing you the harm done by people like you.

The truth of the matter is that, realize it or not Bennett, you are a racist. Your racism is more about making excuses for blacks and babying them, but it's still racist. It's sad that their political enemies treat them with more dignity than their political allies.

Acknowledging racism is not coddling black people.

I agree but you're coddling black people, which is separate than your view that racism exists.


this denies said person agency and a better life.

No it doesn't. It may contribute to their state of mind but their state of mind is ultimately their responsibility.

Ha. Did you come up with this idea while jerking off to Kant's unencumbered self?

Ad hominem.

Responsibility is a strange word to use in this context (especially on DDO). We have responsibilities to others, and to ourselves in a sense. But to say black people are responsible for maintaining their own mentality of self worth when under a constant barrage of insults and racist 'evidence' to the contrary ignores what blacks are trying to maintain against. As if white people have no responsibility to not be racist, and if a black person gets mad it's his fault. This isn't saying it's ok for people to become violent, but don't pretend it's ok to antagonize and provoke violence either.

I'm certainly not saying racism is okay, quite the opposite. I'm merely trying to get you to recognize that you do see blacks as inferior. You excuse the inferiority by making excuses for them (aka self fulfilling prophecy, white privilege etc.) but it doesn't change the fact you view them as inferior.

You're experiencing what's called "white guilt" and that attitude is racist in and of it's self
Bennett91
Posts: 4,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 11:16:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/6/2014 11:02:14 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/6/2014 10:44:55 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 12/6/2014 10:14:49 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/6/2014 9:21:47 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 12/6/2014 9:15:57 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/6/2014 9:11:44 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

Chances are they are trolls and think it is funny, rather than actually believing the stuff they say. If that makes you feel better.

That makes it almost worse. Spewing hate speech for fun? At least a racist doesn't know the damage they are causing. If it's a troll they know they're being racist and damaging.

I'm pretty sure racists know the damage they do in many cases, like a lynch mob; they either don't care or rationalize it.
Further, I don't see why a troll is "damaging" anyone with hate speech.

Regardless, I hate trolls that get off on the frustration of others. It is a sense of entitlement that is ripe in America, and needs to stop.


You need to examine your own racist attitude and worry about that before you worry about other people's racism.

Oh please king troll, lecture me on racism.

I plan on it, because you're a racist but unlike the overt racist, you deny it even to yourself which is even more damaging.

Let me elaborate:

I'm talking about DDO, there are no lynch mobs. It's hard to imagine the damage because you're not black (neither am I).

Are you saying blacks are stupid enough to be hurt by racism but other races are not. We've all experienced racism to some extent, so saying only blacks understand it is really no different than saying they are the only ones stupid enough to internalize it.

Did I say only blacks go through racism? No, I didn't. On DDO I've only seen anti-black polls. If you're going to try to read words where there are none I recommend you stop, because it will get you no where. You've experienced racism to some extent sure, but can you honestly compare it to that of Hispanics and blacks or other minorities? Do you understand the concept of white privilege?

White privilege is a myth. There really isn't much racism directed towards blacks. There are people both white and black who act ghetto and those individuals experience what they think is racism but in reality it's just a distaste and maybe hatred for idiots.

Ha.

It's the same type of attitude white trash receives but artlessly white trash know they're hated because they're white trash while these black ghetto people assume racism, so they don't have to take responsibility for how they're perceived.

Who's generalizing now?

But having racist sh!t posted on DDO, a place that should be an intellectual escape from the stupidity of the real world, is just another reminder that the world thinks that black people are inferior beings.

Does the world think that or are you over generalizing, and doing the same thing you attack racists for?

Already addressed this with Kaos mage in the post below [actually above].

Not going to even bother to read it.

I have the same feeling about your post too.

It's damaging because it's a self fulfilling prophecy, if everyone constantly reminds you of what a stupid savage you are it's going to imprint on that person and they might start to believe it;

This sounds like you're saying "the stupid savages will start to believe they are stupid savages if you tell them they are stupid savages"

I direct you to this video, https://www.youtube.com... Are you aware of the impact and meaning behind these types of studies?

You're saying it's a self fulfilling prophecy. Which is an acknowledgment or statement to black inferiority. You excuse the inferiority but it doesn't change the fact you view them as inferior.

The video shows what I claimed, if you reinforce racist beliefs the victims will eventually believe it. Nothing more, nothing less. I show you evidence of this then you assume I'm calling blacks inferior.


It's nice how you try to turn my message into racism despite the reality of the situation. Remember I'm saying black people experience internalized racism (as do others), you read me saying "savages experience internalized racism". What does that tell you about your mindset? Do you control that?

There is no doubt this is racist. Not to mention that if it's a self fulfilling prophecy then you do in fact believe that blacks are"stupid savages". You just think it's less racist to make excuses for their savagery then to condemn them for it. This is the issue I have for racism from liberals. To me it's even more harmful than racism from conservatives. Liberals start with the same set of premises as their racist conservative brethren. They believe blacks are inferior and need to be babied and treated with kid gloves. While their conservative brethren believe they are inferior and should not be handled with kid gloves.

Strawman. And you continue to call them savages.

I'm quoting you and showing you the harm done by people like you.

You're speculating the harm done by a straw man, not me.

The truth of the matter is that, realize it or not Bennett, you are a racist. Your racism is more about making excuses for blacks and babying them, but it's still racist. It's sad that their political enemies treat them with more dignity than their political allies.

Acknowledging racism is not coddling black people.

I agree but you're coddling black people, which is separate than your view that racism exists.

Straw man. Do you see me advocating for welfare or affirmative action in this forum?

this denies said person agency and a better life.

No it doesn't. It may contribute to their state of mind but their state of mind is ultimately their responsibility.

Ha. Did you come up with this idea while jerking off to Kant's unencumbered self?

Ad hominem.

Yet you don't address the greater point, the unencumbered self is only an idealistic abstract thought, not a reality.

Responsibility is a strange word to use in this context (especially on DDO). We have responsibilities to others, and to ourselves in a sense. But to say black people are responsible for maintaining their own mentality of self worth when under a constant barrage of insults and racist 'evidence' to the contrary ignores what blacks are trying to maintain against. As if white people have no responsibility to not be racist, and if a black person gets mad it's his fault. This isn't saying it's ok for people to become violent, but don't pretend it's ok to antagonize and provoke violence either.

I'm certainly not saying racism is okay, quite the opposite. I'm merely trying to get you to recognize that you do see blacks as inferior. You excuse the inferiority by making excuses for them (aka self fulfilling prophecy, white privilege etc.) but it doesn't change the fact you view them as inferior.

"No no I'm not racist, you're racist!" Nice try king troll.

You're experiencing what's called "white guilt" and that attitude is racist in and of it's self

Acknowledging privilege, historical trends and talking about racism is not white guilt.