Jump to topic:

10,000th Post

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 6:17:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I thought I would do something special for this post. I am going to do a shout out thread--the measure of my dedication is that I am typing this out on an iPhone, vice waiting to actually have access to a laptop. I will focus on just a few people, though that isn't to say this list is an exhaustive compilation of the people I admire on DDO. I also want to say that I got Airmax's permission to post in this forum, since the Personal forum is usually more appropriate for these kinds of announcements. The shout-outs are in no particular order.

Zaradi - When I first met you, my first impression was one of mild dislike. Having gotten to know you more, that's no longer true. We have a lot in common, actually, and most of it centers around debate. You're a stand-up guy, and definitely a user who I respect a lot. I hope your 2015 year goes well, and that it is enjoyable, anxiety-free, and fun.

Esocial - I could probably write you the second longest one of these shout-outs. Lemme just say that you're an awesome person and easily befriended. Your perky, outgoing, bold personality--the way you comport yourself and go around the site with your trademark sense of humor--is a breath of fresh air for me. I appreciate being able to talk with you, and I appreciate that you trust me enough to talk with me. It is the highest praise I can give to say that you are one of the two users on this site that can get me to laugh or smile after my most depressing days. I can only hope that I can provide some modicum of support back to you. Seriously, you're a great person.

Thett - I know we haven't had a conversation in a while, but I still count you as a DDO friend. You have a great, dry sense of humor that is totally infectious, and I always appreciated that, despite my being a newer member, you didn't treat me with disdain when we first met (despite the fact that you crushed me in our debate, lol). I just wanted to thank you for being one of the reasons I didn't leave DDO after a few weeks, but why I chose to stick around.

Mikal - I just wanted to say that you've been a really cool person to get to know on the site. You're a good person, and I really hope everything works out for you IRL. And, while you know that I have many issues with your platform, I still wish you all the best in your campaign. I know you care about the site, and that is important.

Khaos - You're seriously amazing too...just sayin'. When I used you as a character in DDO mafia and said you were my mafia role model, I was being completely honest. Frankly, I probably wouldn't have continued to do mafia or to get involved in the Beginners' series without your support, advice, and help. I really appreciate that I can talk to you about other issues--stuff going on IRL, drama on the site, my random thoughts--and that you take time to actually listen and give feedback. You also have a pretty good sense of humor when you want to show it ;) All in all, you've actually become one of my better friends on the site, and, had you asked me six months ago, that's not something I would have predicted.

Pots - Hopefully you see this--I know you aren't super active on DDO, atm. You are also one of the reasons I am still on this site. I may have thought you were a psychopathic, manipulative, SOB when I first met you in Mikal's RPG game, but I soon learned that you were none of those things. You've been a good friend on the site, and I hope your upcoming year goes smoothly and that you find time to just enjoy life.

Wylted - YYW and I were talking one time about you, and we agree that if we could get drunk with anyone, it would be you. I am pretty sure we'd be in for a fun time. I am not sure whether or not that's a compliment...but this is: you are a great person. Yeah, you probably inspire more controversy on this site in a month than most users do in their whole time on DDO, but your willingness to challenge accepted beliefs, societal norms, and social taboos is, more often than not, refreshing. I also know that you're a caring person underneath the controversy, and that counts for a lot in my book. You've been a great person to get to know, and I am glad I had the opportunity to get to know you.

Bladerunner - When I agreed to be your VP, I didn't really know much about you. Getting to know you has been a truly awesome experience. I admire you patience and willingness to hear others out, your drive to make positive change on DDO, and your willingness to help me out personally with advice or words of encouragement if something was up in my life or on DDO. I only hope that I have been able to reciprocate. You're an excellent friend, and I hope all goes well in your life in 2015. Good luck on you reelection, too.

Marie - You are a great friend. Talking with you always is a wonderful experience, and I appreciate your friendliness, sincerity, kindness, and earnestness. Those traits are important in someone, and rare to find all in the same person. You're a great individual, and I wish you the best.

YYW - I could write a book detailing how much I love and care for you. I know that we don't always see eye-to-eye, that I can be over-emotional sometimes, that I am not perfect, but it means the world to me that you, in spite of all of my many imperfections, love me for who I am. I love you; you are my world, and there is nothing more important to me than you. I never thought that, when I joined DDO, I would discover someone like you. Fate seems to have spoken pretty emphatically--I want to spend the rest of my life with you, and I cannot wait for you to hold me in your arms for the first time. Whether it's helping me with something, sexting late at night (or very early in the morning), or just talking about some issue or another, there is no one I would rather talk with, and no one whose opinion matters more to me. You are perfect for me, and I love you.

I also want to extend shout-outs to: Mishap, Harder, Rev, Endark, Dalt, bluesteel, Uchiha, Bobbert, Airmax, Angel, and Cermank (thank you for appreciating my taste in men). You are all awesome too--you really are.

With my remaining characters, I thought I would just mark some of my DDO milestones. I admit this is me totally bragging about my addiction to DDO, so prepare yourself to read what will likely be a nerd stroking his own nerdtastic ego:

- 10,000 posts
- Over 100 debates, including:
. . . . 3 music debates
. . . . 2 Live Debates (soon to be 3)
. . . . 7 SciFi (Star Wars/Star Trek) debates
. . . . 15 Lincoln-Douglas debates
- An ELO over 6,000 (top 7 of the debate leaderboard)
- 121 Polls (once in the top 5 of the polls leaderboard)
- 563 friends accrued
- 3 mafias games hosted (not including the Beginners' Series)
- and countless memories made

Seriously, DDO is an amazing site. Coming here was a truly wonderful choice on my part, and I don't regret it. DDO has, literally, changed my life for the better. I love this site and this community, and I just wanted to thank everyone here for being a part of the fabric that makes this place so awesome. Thank you.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 6:21:02 PM
At 12/3/2014 6:17:36 PM, bsh1 wrote:
I thought I would do something special for this post. I am going to do a shout out thread--the measure of my dedication is that I am typing this out on an iPhone, vice waiting to actually have access to a laptop. I will focus on just a few people, though that isn't to say this list is an exhaustive compilation of the people I admire on DDO. I also want to say that I got Airmax's permission to post in this forum, since the Personal forum is usually more appropriate for these kinds of announcements. The shout-outs are in no particular order.

Zaradi - When I first met you, my first impression was one of mild dislike. Having gotten to know you more, that's no longer true. We have a lot in common, actually, and most of it centers around debate. You're a stand-up guy, and definitely a user who I respect a lot. I hope your 2015 year goes well, and that it is enjoyable, anxiety-free, and fun.

Esocial - I could probably write you the second longest one of these shout-outs. Lemme just say that you're an awesome person and easily befriended. Your perky, outgoing, bold personality--the way you comport yourself and go around the site with your trademark sense of humor--is a breath of fresh air for me. I appreciate being able to talk with you, and I appreciate that you trust me enough to talk with me. It is the highest praise I can give to say that you are one of the two users on this site that can get me to laugh or smile after my most depressing days. I can only hope that I can provide some modicum of support back to you. Seriously, you're a great person.

Thett - I know we haven't had a conversation in a while, but I still count you as a DDO friend. You have a great, dry sense of humor that is totally infectious, and I always appreciated that, despite my being a newer member, you didn't treat me with disdain when we first met (despite the fact that you crushed me in our debate, lol). I just wanted to thank you for being one of the reasons I didn't leave DDO after a few weeks, but why I chose to stick around.

Mikal - I just wanted to say that you've been a really cool person to get to know on the site. You're a good person, and I really hope everything works out for you IRL. And, while you know that I have many issues with your platform, I still wish you all the best in your campaign. I know you care about the site, and that is important.

Khaos - You're seriously amazing too...just sayin'. When I used you as a character in DDO mafia and said you were my mafia role model, I was being completely honest. Frankly, I probably wouldn't have continued to do mafia or to get involved in the Beginners' series without your support, advice, and help. I really appreciate that I can talk to you about other issues--stuff going on IRL, drama on the site, my random thoughts--and that you take time to actually listen and give feedback. You also have a pretty good sense of humor when you want to show it ;) All in all, you've actually become one of my better friends on the site, and, had you asked me six months ago, that's not something I would have predicted.

Pots - Hopefully you see this--I know you aren't super active on DDO, atm. You are also one of the reasons I am still on this site. I may have thought you were a psychopathic, manipulative, SOB when I first met you in Mikal's RPG game, but I soon learned that you were none of those things. You've been a good friend on the site, and I hope your upcoming year goes smoothly and that you find time to just enjoy life.

Wylted - YYW and I were talking one time about you, and we agree that if we could get drunk with anyone, it would be you. I am pretty sure we'd be in for a fun time. I am not sure whether or not that's a compliment...but this is: you are a great person. Yeah, you probably inspire more controversy on this site in a month than most users do in their whole time on DDO, but your willingness to challenge accepted beliefs, societal norms, and social taboos is, more often than not, refreshing. I also know that you're a caring person underneath the controversy, and that counts for a lot in my book. You've been a great person to get to know, and I am glad I had the opportunity to get to know you.

Bladerunner - When I agreed to be your VP, I didn't really know much about you. Getting to know you has been a truly awesome experience. I admire you patience and willingness to hear others out, your drive to make positive change on DDO, and your willingness to help me out personally with advice or words of encouragement if something was up in my life or on DDO. I only hope that I have been able to reciprocate. You're an excellent friend, and I hope all goes well in your life in 2015. Good luck on you reelection, too.

Marie - You are a great friend. Talking with you always is a wonderful experience, and I appreciate your friendliness, sincerity, kindness, and earnestness. Those traits are important in someone, and rare to find all in the same person. You're a great individual, and I wish you the best.

YYW - I could write a book detailing how much I love and care for you. I know that we don't always see eye-to-eye, that I can be over-emotional sometimes, that I am not perfect, but it means the world to me that you, in spite of all of my many imperfections, love me for who I am. I love you; you are my world, and there is nothing more important to me than you. I never thought that, when I joined DDO, I would discover someone like you. Fate seems to have spoken pretty emphatically--I want to spend the rest of my life with you, and I cannot wait for you to hold me in your arms for the first time. Whether it's helping me with something, sexting late at night (or very early in the morning), or just talking about some issue or another, there is no one I would rather talk with, and no one whose opinion matters more to me. You are perfect for me, and I love you.

I also want to extend shout-outs to: Mishap, Harder, Rev, Endark, Dalt, bluesteel, Uchiha, Bobbert, Airmax, Angel, and Cermank (thank you for appreciating my taste in men). You are all awesome too--you really are.

With my remaining characters, I thought I would just mark some of my DDO milestones. I admit this is me totally bragging about my addiction to DDO, so prepare yourself to read what will likely be a nerd stroking his own nerdtastic ego:

- 10,000 posts
. . . . 3 music debates
- 563 friends accrued

Seriously, DDO is an amazing site. Coming here was a truly wonderful choice on my part, and I don't regret it. DDO has, literally, changed my life for the better. I love this site and this community, and I just wanted to thank everyone here for being a part of the fabric that makes this place so awesome. Thank you.

*CTRL + F*
*types "Rev"*
*No results*
*types "Dumbass"*
*No results*
*CTRL + W*
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 6:21:18 PM
awe thanks. I'd definitely get drunk with you guys and even be the designated drunk driver if you wanted.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 6:22:07 PM
At 12/3/2014 6:21:02 PM, RevNge wrote:

*CTRL + F*
*types "Rev"*
*No results*
*types "Dumbass"*
*No results*
*CTRL + W*

Check again...the underlined portion.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 6:22:08 PM

- 10,000 posts
. . . . 3 music debates
- 563 friends accrued

Love you, bae ;)

We both have our faults. I'm abrasive, heavy handed, impatient, demanding, stubborn, over zealous and so many other less than desirable qualities. But, just as I love you for who you are, so too do you love me and that is why we work :)

We agree on *far* more than we disagree on, though -and I think that's important.
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 6:22:40 PM
At 12/3/2014 6:21:18 PM, Wylted wrote:
awe thanks. I'd definitely get drunk with you guys and even be the designated drunk driver if you wanted.

Lol...thanks, Wylted :)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 6:24:13 PM
At 12/3/2014 6:22:08 PM, YYW wrote:

Love you, bae ;)

I love you too, tiger :)

We both have our faults. I'm abrasive, heavy handed, impatient, demanding, stubborn, over zealous and so many other less than desirable qualities. But, just as I love you for who you are, so too do you love me and that is why we work :)

Yup :) We are perfect for each other. We balance out well.

We agree on *far* more than we disagree on, though -and I think that's important.

It is.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 6:24:34 PM
At 12/3/2014 6:22:07 PM, bsh1 wrote:

*CTRL + F*
*types "Rev"*
*No results*
*types "Dumbass"*
*No results*
*CTRL + W*

Fine. I'll let this pass. For now. ;D
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 6:25:29 PM
At 12/3/2014 6:24:34 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 12/3/2014 6:22:07 PM, bsh1 wrote:

*CTRL + F*
*types "Rev"*
*No results*
*types "Dumbass"*
*No results*
*CTRL + W*

Fine. I'll let this pass. For now. ;D

Lol :)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 6:27:03 PM
At 12/3/2014 6:24:13 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Love you, bae ;)

Yup :) We are perfect for each other. We balance out well.

It is.

I think that also, at least for me, this has been the most stressful past few months of my life. I think that after this month is over, though, things will get back to normal. What's important to know is that we've made it this far -through some admittedly tough stuff, too- and if we can make it through that, I think we can make it through the long haul too ;)
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 6:28:22 PM
At 12/3/2014 6:27:03 PM, YYW wrote:

Love you, bae ;)

I think that also, at least for me, this has been the most stressful past few months of my life. I think that after this month is over, though, things will get back to normal. What's important to know is that we've made it this far -through some admittedly tough stuff, too- and if we can make it through that, I think we can make it through the long haul too ;)

I never had any doubts about the long-haul. When I think of my future, I think of you. I love you so much.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 6:29:42 PM
At 12/3/2014 6:28:46 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
<3 you, Endark!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 6:30:36 PM
At 12/3/2014 6:28:22 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/3/2014 6:27:03 PM, YYW wrote:

Love you, bae ;)

I never had any doubts about the long-haul. When I think of my future, I think of you. I love you so much.

<3
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 6:32:29 PM
At 12/3/2014 6:30:20 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Oh, yeah, and congrats on 10,000, I guess. :p

Lol...thanks :)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 6:34:36 PM
I press Command F: dtaylor971

"No results."

I press Command F: 13-year old guy

"No results."

I press Command F: Middle Finger.

"One result."

....................../""/)
....................,/"../
.................../..../
............./""/'...'/"""`""
........../'/.../..../......./""\
........('(..."...".... "~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........'...\.......... _.""
............\..............(
..............\.............\...
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 6:36:36 PM
At 12/3/2014 6:34:36 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:

*hugs*

I cannot reasonably be expected to remember everyone I need to give a shout-out too...You're definitely worthy of being on that list. I apologize...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 6:37:55 PM
At 12/3/2014 6:36:36 PM, bsh1 wrote:

*hugs*

I cannot reasonably be expected to remember everyone I need to give a shout-out too...You're definitely worthy of being on that list. I apologize...

Lol I'm kidding xDD

Congrats on the big 10k.
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 6:38:06 PM
Congrats on 10,000
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 6:38:51 PM
At 12/3/2014 6:37:55 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
At 12/3/2014 6:36:36 PM, bsh1 wrote:

*hugs*

Lol I'm kidding xDD

*feels better*

Congrats on the big 10k.

Gracias :) Now, I just need everyone else to stop posting so I can take over the leaderboard by next December.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 6:39:10 PM
At 12/3/2014 6:38:06 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Congrats on 10,000

Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 6:48:42 PM

"No results."

"No results."

"One result."

Such @$$#0!3
Tsar of DDO
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 6:50:08 PM
At 12/3/2014 6:48:42 PM, YYW wrote:

"No results."

"No results."

"One result."

Such @$$#0!3

No, it's not an assh0le, buddy. It's a middle finger.

Tsk tsk tsk...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 6:50:57 PM
At 12/3/2014 6:50:08 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:

"No results."

"No results."

"One result."

Such @$$#0!3

Tsk tsk tsk...

http://rs1img.memecdn.com...
Tsar of DDO
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 6:52:32 PM
At 12/3/2014 6:50:57 PM, YYW wrote:
At 12/3/2014 6:50:08 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:

"No results."

"No results."

"One result."

Such @$$#0!3

Tsk tsk tsk...

http://rs1img.memecdn.com...

0__0

THAT IS A HUGE... WOW
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 7:01:06 PM

I hate having my period... On any normal day, I'd have aww'd at this and hugged you, but now I'm in tears at your sweetness.

Brian, you know I love you lots. I think out of everyone on DDO, you're the closest person, the most comforting person I know. You're incredibly kind, smart and sweet.

On the internet, it's difficult to place trust in someone, because they could have on masks. But you were one of the first people I was able to trust wholly and completely to tell many things to, and go to for advice.

You're a very inspirational, great, loved person. I hope you get, because you deserve it, the best out of life. <3
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 7:04:17 PM
At 12/3/2014 6:38:06 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Congrats on 10,000
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 7:05:05 PM
At 12/3/2014 7:03:48 PM, UchihaMadara wrote:

I actually got mentioned :D
Congrats on 10k posts, bsh!

Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics