Total Posts:35|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Ep1 of new series 'Ballbuster', by Imabench

imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2014 6:17:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I filmed this in several different formats where i did all kinds of crazy things, and honestly, the one where I channeled my inner Walter Cronkite is the one that I am happy with the most, so its the one I am posting. I apologize for the mega-lag from the built-in camera, for some reason it doesnt capture motion as good as it used to, and my mouth looks like one big blur at times.....

Other then that, enjoy :D
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2014 6:22:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/4/2014 6:22:21 PM, Mikal wrote:
This is literally amazing

well i AM the best at this sort of thing ;D
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2014 6:23:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/4/2014 6:22:42 PM, imabench wrote:
At 12/4/2014 6:22:21 PM, Mikal wrote:
This is literally amazing

well i AM the best at this sort of thing ;D

Major props dude, this was delicious
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,364
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2014 6:34:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
3:18 *thumbs ups*
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Raisor
Posts: 4,460
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2014 6:39:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/4/2014 6:38:56 PM, Raisor wrote:
They made a sequel to the Lion King too, Frozen 2 isn't GOOD news...

Actually, doesn't this warrant a revote on our debate since your arguments about the lion King sequels may be retroactively invalid?
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2014 6:43:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/4/2014 6:39:47 PM, Raisor wrote:
At 12/4/2014 6:38:56 PM, Raisor wrote:
They made a sequel to the Lion King too, Frozen 2 isn't GOOD news...

Actually, doesn't this warrant a revote on our debate since your arguments about the lion King sequels may be retroactively invalid?

ONLY if the sequel is a giant letdown. If it is as good as the original than The argument would become that Frozen is better because it's sequels were better as well.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Raisor
Posts: 4,460
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2014 6:49:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/4/2014 6:43:21 PM, imabench wrote:
At 12/4/2014 6:39:47 PM, Raisor wrote:
At 12/4/2014 6:38:56 PM, Raisor wrote:
They made a sequel to the Lion King too, Frozen 2 isn't GOOD news...

Actually, doesn't this warrant a revote on our debate since your arguments about the lion King sequels may be retroactively invalid?

ONLY if the sequel is a giant letdown. If it is as good as the original than The argument would become that Frozen is better because it's sequels were better as well.

If I were a betting man I would bet on disappointment.
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2014 6:53:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/4/2014 6:49:07 PM, Raisor wrote:
At 12/4/2014 6:43:21 PM, imabench wrote:
At 12/4/2014 6:39:47 PM, Raisor wrote:
At 12/4/2014 6:38:56 PM, Raisor wrote:
They made a sequel to the Lion King too, Frozen 2 isn't GOOD news...

Actually, doesn't this warrant a revote on our debate since your arguments about the lion King sequels may be retroactively invalid?

ONLY if the sequel is a giant letdown. If it is as good as the original than The argument would become that Frozen is better because it's sequels were better as well.

If I were a betting man I would bet on disappointment.

Well if I had antlers for hands it would be very painful for me so masturbate, but that doesn't apply to the conversation at all so HA
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,035
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2014 7:58:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Excellent debut, 10/10
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2014 8:52:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/4/2014 7:58:48 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Excellent debut, 10/10

<3
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2014 10:53:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/4/2014 6:34:04 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
3:18 *thumbs ups*

Hey did GCL ever figure out that I said that quote in your profile by any chance?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2014 11:05:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
This was quite good.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2014 11:05:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/4/2014 6:17:25 PM, imabench wrote:
I filmed this in several different formats where i did all kinds of crazy things, and honestly, the one where I channeled my inner Walter Cronkite is the one that I am happy with the most, so its the one I am posting. I apologize for the mega-lag from the built-in camera, for some reason it doesnt capture motion as good as it used to, and my mouth looks like one big blur at times.....

Other then that, enjoy :D



For some reason I expected you to look like that IRL lol
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 12:11:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/4/2014 11:05:47 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/4/2014 6:17:25 PM, imabench wrote:
I filmed this in several different formats where i did all kinds of crazy things, and honestly, the one where I channeled my inner Walter Cronkite is the one that I am happy with the most, so its the one I am posting. I apologize for the mega-lag from the built-in camera, for some reason it doesnt capture motion as good as it used to, and my mouth looks like one big blur at times.....

Other then that, enjoy :D



For some reason I expected you to look like that IRL lol

I dont know how to feel about that ^ XD
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 3:19:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/4/2014 6:17:25 PM, imabench wrote:
I filmed this in several different formats where i did all kinds of crazy things, and honestly, the one where I channeled my inner Walter Cronkite is the one that I am happy with the most, so its the one I am posting. I apologize for the mega-lag from the built-in camera, for some reason it doesnt capture motion as good as it used to, and my mouth looks like one big blur at times.....

Other then that, enjoy :D



LOL loved the stuff about the religion forum.

What the Religion forum actually is: http://www.debate.org...

^ random rant

What I wish the Religion forum was: http://www.reddit.com...

^ people making fun of people who put similar random rants on shampoo bottles
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,364
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 4:19:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/4/2014 10:53:32 PM, imabench wrote:
At 12/4/2014 6:34:04 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
3:18 *thumbs ups*

Hey did GCL ever figure out that I said that quote in your profile by any chance?

yeah lol
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,364
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 4:20:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/4/2014 6:17:25 PM, imabench wrote:
my mouth looks like one big blur at times.....

Oh thank God... I thought that was just my mind hallucinating on the movements of your lips. xD
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
kbub
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 8:58:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/4/2014 6:17:25 PM, imabench wrote:

Very impressive, and quite funny.

I disagree a bit with your stance about the religious section: I think that people debate about what's important to them, and religion is a big part of many people's lives. And it's true that most of the topics have been debated for years on DDO. However, they are even older than that: some of them have been argued for decades or centuries.

So when you talk about "cleaning up" the religious section, I can't help but feel that such a position falsely assumes a high ground. I understand that you have very little respect for religion, which is fine by me. However, I must ask that we all be sure to have both respect and toleration for religious people.
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 10:15:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/5/2014 8:58:48 AM, kbub wrote:
At 12/4/2014 6:17:25 PM, imabench wrote:

Very impressive, and quite funny.

I disagree a bit with your stance about the religious section: I think that people debate about what's important to them, and religion is a big part of many people's lives. And it's true that most of the topics have been debated for years on DDO. However, they are even older than that: some of them have been argued for decades or centuries.

So when you talk about "cleaning up" the religious section, I can't help but feel that such a position falsely assumes a high ground. I understand that you have very little respect for religion, which is fine by me. However, I must ask that we all be sure to have both respect and toleration for religious people.

For f*cks sake kbub, it's a JOKE
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
kbub
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 11:32:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/5/2014 10:15:42 AM, imabench wrote:
At 12/5/2014 8:58:48 AM, kbub wrote:
At 12/4/2014 6:17:25 PM, imabench wrote:

Very impressive, and quite funny.

I disagree a bit with your stance about the religious section: I think that people debate about what's important to them, and religion is a big part of many people's lives. And it's true that most of the topics have been debated for years on DDO. However, they are even older than that: some of them have been argued for decades or centuries.

So when you talk about "cleaning up" the religious section, I can't help but feel that such a position falsely assumes a high ground. I understand that you have very little respect for religion, which is fine by me. However, I must ask that we all be sure to have both respect and toleration for religious people.

For f*cks sake kbub, it's a JOKE

I think that this "joke" was also listed under Mikal's policy, if I'm not mistaken. If I am mistaken, then you are absolutely right to figuratively roll your eyes at me.
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 12:26:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/5/2014 11:32:43 AM, kbub wrote:
At 12/5/2014 10:15:42 AM, imabench wrote:
At 12/5/2014 8:58:48 AM, kbub wrote:
At 12/4/2014 6:17:25 PM, imabench wrote:

Very impressive, and quite funny.

I disagree a bit with your stance about the religious section: I think that people debate about what's important to them, and religion is a big part of many people's lives. And it's true that most of the topics have been debated for years on DDO. However, they are even older than that: some of them have been argued for decades or centuries.

So when you talk about "cleaning up" the religious section, I can't help but feel that such a position falsely assumes a high ground. I understand that you have very little respect for religion, which is fine by me. However, I must ask that we all be sure to have both respect and toleration for religious people.

For f*cks sake kbub, it's a JOKE

I think that this "joke" was also listed under Mikal's policy, if I'm not mistaken. If I am mistaken, then you are absolutely right to figuratively roll your eyes at me.

is the concept of 'satire' a foreign concept to you?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 12:57:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/5/2014 8:58:48 AM, kbub wrote:
At 12/4/2014 6:17:25 PM, imabench wrote:

Very impressive, and quite funny.

I disagree a bit with your stance about the religious section: I think that people debate about what's important to them, and religion is a big part of many people's lives. And it's true that most of the topics have been debated for years on DDO. However, they are even older than that: some of them have been argued for decades or centuries.

So when you talk about "cleaning up" the religious section, I can't help but feel that such a position falsely assumes a high ground. I understand that you have very little respect for religion, which is fine by me. However, I must ask that we all be sure to have both respect and toleration for religious people.

I agree that the religious section is a vital tool on DDO. To clarify our position, yes I want to clean it up, but not by censorship. I want to wipe out and delete deliberate trolling attempts that degrade site quality.

Offering your thoughts and opinions, no matter how weird they are should be allowed as long as it is within the lines of the TOS. However spamming people to no end, harassing them and telling them they are going to burn in hell after you have been asked to stop, spamming out crazy things like atheist or Christians should die really does need to be cleaned up.

When I mean clean up, I mean enforce the moderation policy properly. But don't mistake me and think it is a contradiction, because I want the line by which the moderation policy is enforced to be redrawn.
kbub
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 1:17:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/5/2014 12:57:02 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/5/2014 8:58:48 AM, kbub wrote:
At 12/4/2014 6:17:25 PM, imabench wrote:

Very impressive, and quite funny.

I disagree a bit with your stance about the religious section: I think that people debate about what's important to them, and religion is a big part of many people's lives. And it's true that most of the topics have been debated for years on DDO. However, they are even older than that: some of them have been argued for decades or centuries.

So when you talk about "cleaning up" the religious section, I can't help but feel that such a position falsely assumes a high ground. I understand that you have very little respect for religion, which is fine by me. However, I must ask that we all be sure to have both respect and toleration for religious people.

I agree that the religious section is a vital tool on DDO. To clarify our position, yes I want to clean it up, but not by censorship. I want to wipe out and delete deliberate trolling attempts that degrade site quality.

Offering your thoughts and opinions, no matter how weird they are should be allowed as long as it is within the lines of the TOS. However spamming people to no end, harassing them and telling them they are going to burn in hell after you have been asked to stop, spamming out crazy things like atheist or Christians should die really does need to be cleaned up.

When I mean clean up, I mean enforce the moderation policy properly. But don't mistake me and think it is a contradiction, because I want the line by which the moderation policy is enforced to be redrawn.

Thanks for the clarification! I think I'm following. I look forward to hearing about the changes!
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 1:26:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/5/2014 1:17:02 PM, kbub wrote:
At 12/5/2014 12:57:02 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/5/2014 8:58:48 AM, kbub wrote:
At 12/4/2014 6:17:25 PM, imabench wrote:

Very impressive, and quite funny.

I disagree a bit with your stance about the religious section: I think that people debate about what's important to them, and religion is a big part of many people's lives. And it's true that most of the topics have been debated for years on DDO. However, they are even older than that: some of them have been argued for decades or centuries.

So when you talk about "cleaning up" the religious section, I can't help but feel that such a position falsely assumes a high ground. I understand that you have very little respect for religion, which is fine by me. However, I must ask that we all be sure to have both respect and toleration for religious people.

I agree that the religious section is a vital tool on DDO. To clarify our position, yes I want to clean it up, but not by censorship. I want to wipe out and delete deliberate trolling attempts that degrade site quality.

Offering your thoughts and opinions, no matter how weird they are should be allowed as long as it is within the lines of the TOS. However spamming people to no end, harassing them and telling them they are going to burn in hell after you have been asked to stop, spamming out crazy things like atheist or Christians should die really does need to be cleaned up.

When I mean clean up, I mean enforce the moderation policy properly. But don't mistake me and think it is a contradiction, because I want the line by which the moderation policy is enforced to be redrawn.

Thanks for the clarification! I think I'm following. I look forward to hearing about the changes!

I mean think how you feel if you see a poll or forum topic that says "gay people should not exist" or "homosexuals are going to die". It kind of sets a fire to you. Same with me in a way. If people make something like that after a request is sent to them to stop, with only the intention of degrading the site quality and causing conflict then I firmly believe that there needs to be a way to "clean it up" so to speak
kbub
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 1:39:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/5/2014 1:26:15 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/5/2014 1:17:02 PM, kbub wrote:
At 12/5/2014 12:57:02 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/5/2014 8:58:48 AM, kbub wrote:
At 12/4/2014 6:17:25 PM, imabench wrote:

Very impressive, and quite funny.

I disagree a bit with your stance about the religious section: I think that people debate about what's important to them, and religion is a big part of many people's lives. And it's true that most of the topics have been debated for years on DDO. However, they are even older than that: some of them have been argued for decades or centuries.

So when you talk about "cleaning up" the religious section, I can't help but feel that such a position falsely assumes a high ground. I understand that you have very little respect for religion, which is fine by me. However, I must ask that we all be sure to have both respect and toleration for religious people.

I agree that the religious section is a vital tool on DDO. To clarify our position, yes I want to clean it up, but not by censorship. I want to wipe out and delete deliberate trolling attempts that degrade site quality.

Offering your thoughts and opinions, no matter how weird they are should be allowed as long as it is within the lines of the TOS. However spamming people to no end, harassing them and telling them they are going to burn in hell after you have been asked to stop, spamming out crazy things like atheist or Christians should die really does need to be cleaned up.

When I mean clean up, I mean enforce the moderation policy properly. But don't mistake me and think it is a contradiction, because I want the line by which the moderation policy is enforced to be redrawn.

Thanks for the clarification! I think I'm following. I look forward to hearing about the changes!

I mean think how you feel if you see a poll or forum topic that says "gay people should not exist" or "homosexuals are going to die". It kind of sets a fire to you. Same with me in a way. If people make something like that after a request is sent to them to stop, with only the intention of degrading the site quality and causing conflict then I firmly believe that there needs to be a way to "clean it up" so to speak

Aren't blatantly homophobic statements against the rules in the status quo? I have to admit, the debates on the rules went a little over my head in the forums, so do you think you could give me the "Mikal's policy changes for dummies"?

As much as "trolls" annoy me, we can't exactly make rules against saying ignorant things, can we? Y'all would have shown me the boot long ago.

---

As an aside, I have some interesting ideas about the polls section and opinions section that you might like! I think I know how to them better.

I also have a few other ideas about the debates that you might be interested in hearing for your platform. Want to pm?
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 1:39:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/5/2014 1:39:00 PM, kbub wrote:
At 12/5/2014 1:26:15 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/5/2014 1:17:02 PM, kbub wrote:
At 12/5/2014 12:57:02 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/5/2014 8:58:48 AM, kbub wrote:
At 12/4/2014 6:17:25 PM, imabench wrote:

Very impressive, and quite funny.

I disagree a bit with your stance about the religious section: I think that people debate about what's important to them, and religion is a big part of many people's lives. And it's true that most of the topics have been debated for years on DDO. However, they are even older than that: some of them have been argued for decades or centuries.

So when you talk about "cleaning up" the religious section, I can't help but feel that such a position falsely assumes a high ground. I understand that you have very little respect for religion, which is fine by me. However, I must ask that we all be sure to have both respect and toleration for religious people.

I agree that the religious section is a vital tool on DDO. To clarify our position, yes I want to clean it up, but not by censorship. I want to wipe out and delete deliberate trolling attempts that degrade site quality.

Offering your thoughts and opinions, no matter how weird they are should be allowed as long as it is within the lines of the TOS. However spamming people to no end, harassing them and telling them they are going to burn in hell after you have been asked to stop, spamming out crazy things like atheist or Christians should die really does need to be cleaned up.

When I mean clean up, I mean enforce the moderation policy properly. But don't mistake me and think it is a contradiction, because I want the line by which the moderation policy is enforced to be redrawn.

Thanks for the clarification! I think I'm following. I look forward to hearing about the changes!

I mean think how you feel if you see a poll or forum topic that says "gay people should not exist" or "homosexuals are going to die". It kind of sets a fire to you. Same with me in a way. If people make something like that after a request is sent to them to stop, with only the intention of degrading the site quality and causing conflict then I firmly believe that there needs to be a way to "clean it up" so to speak

Aren't blatantly homophobic statements against the rules in the status quo? I have to admit, the debates on the rules went a little over my head in the forums, so do you think you could give me the "Mikal's policy changes for dummies"?

As much as "trolls" annoy me, we can't exactly make rules against saying ignorant things, can we? Y'all would have shown me the boot long ago.

---

As an aside, I have some interesting ideas about the polls section and opinions section that you might like! I think I know how to them better.

I also have a few other ideas about the debates that you might be interested in hearing for your platform. Want to pm?

have you got 10 mins?
kbub
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 1:40:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/5/2014 1:39:34 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/5/2014 1:39:00 PM, kbub wrote:
At 12/5/2014 1:26:15 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/5/2014 1:17:02 PM, kbub wrote:
At 12/5/2014 12:57:02 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/5/2014 8:58:48 AM, kbub wrote:
At 12/4/2014 6:17:25 PM, imabench wrote:

Very impressive, and quite funny.

I disagree a bit with your stance about the religious section: I think that people debate about what's important to them, and religion is a big part of many people's lives. And it's true that most of the topics have been debated for years on DDO. However, they are even older than that: some of them have been argued for decades or centuries.

So when you talk about "cleaning up" the religious section, I can't help but feel that such a position falsely assumes a high ground. I understand that you have very little respect for religion, which is fine by me. However, I must ask that we all be sure to have both respect and toleration for religious people.

I agree that the religious section is a vital tool on DDO. To clarify our position, yes I want to clean it up, but not by censorship. I want to wipe out and delete deliberate trolling attempts that degrade site quality.

Offering your thoughts and opinions, no matter how weird they are should be allowed as long as it is within the lines of the TOS. However spamming people to no end, harassing them and telling them they are going to burn in hell after you have been asked to stop, spamming out crazy things like atheist or Christians should die really does need to be cleaned up.

When I mean clean up, I mean enforce the moderation policy properly. But don't mistake me and think it is a contradiction, because I want the line by which the moderation policy is enforced to be redrawn.

Thanks for the clarification! I think I'm following. I look forward to hearing about the changes!

I mean think how you feel if you see a poll or forum topic that says "gay people should not exist" or "homosexuals are going to die". It kind of sets a fire to you. Same with me in a way. If people make something like that after a request is sent to them to stop, with only the intention of degrading the site quality and causing conflict then I firmly believe that there needs to be a way to "clean it up" so to speak

Aren't blatantly homophobic statements against the rules in the status quo? I have to admit, the debates on the rules went a little over my head in the forums, so do you think you could give me the "Mikal's policy changes for dummies"?

As much as "trolls" annoy me, we can't exactly make rules against saying ignorant things, can we? Y'all would have shown me the boot long ago.

---

As an aside, I have some interesting ideas about the polls section and opinions section that you might like! I think I know how to them better.

I also have a few other ideas about the debates that you might be interested in hearing for your platform. Want to pm?

have you got 10 mins?

Yes, why? I'm on a public computer so I can't facetime...
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 1:41:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/5/2014 1:40:39 PM, kbub wrote:
At 12/5/2014 1:39:34 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/5/2014 1:39:00 PM, kbub wrote:
At 12/5/2014 1:26:15 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/5/2014 1:17:02 PM, kbub wrote:
At 12/5/2014 12:57:02 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/5/2014 8:58:48 AM, kbub wrote:
At 12/4/2014 6:17:25 PM, imabench wrote:

Very impressive, and quite funny.

I disagree a bit with your stance about the religious section: I think that people debate about what's important to them, and religion is a big part of many people's lives. And it's true that most of the topics have been debated for years on DDO. However, they are even older than that: some of them have been argued for decades or centuries.

So when you talk about "cleaning up" the religious section, I can't help but feel that such a position falsely assumes a high ground. I understand that you have very little respect for religion, which is fine by me. However, I must ask that we all be sure to have both respect and toleration for religious people.

I agree that the religious section is a vital tool on DDO. To clarify our position, yes I want to clean it up, but not by censorship. I want to wipe out and delete deliberate trolling attempts that degrade site quality.

Offering your thoughts and opinions, no matter how weird they are should be allowed as long as it is within the lines of the TOS. However spamming people to no end, harassing them and telling them they are going to burn in hell after you have been asked to stop, spamming out crazy things like atheist or Christians should die really does need to be cleaned up.

When I mean clean up, I mean enforce the moderation policy properly. But don't mistake me and think it is a contradiction, because I want the line by which the moderation policy is enforced to be redrawn.

Thanks for the clarification! I think I'm following. I look forward to hearing about the changes!

I mean think how you feel if you see a poll or forum topic that says "gay people should not exist" or "homosexuals are going to die". It kind of sets a fire to you. Same with me in a way. If people make something like that after a request is sent to them to stop, with only the intention of degrading the site quality and causing conflict then I firmly believe that there needs to be a way to "clean it up" so to speak

Aren't blatantly homophobic statements against the rules in the status quo? I have to admit, the debates on the rules went a little over my head in the forums, so do you think you could give me the "Mikal's policy changes for dummies"?

As much as "trolls" annoy me, we can't exactly make rules against saying ignorant things, can we? Y'all would have shown me the boot long ago.

---

As an aside, I have some interesting ideas about the polls section and opinions section that you might like! I think I know how to them better.

I also have a few other ideas about the debates that you might be interested in hearing for your platform. Want to pm?

have you got 10 mins?

Yes, why? I'm on a public computer so I can't facetime...

Bo

I wanted to get you to a A and Q with me, would have been good and easier

So what exactly are you curious abut with the platform. Ill answer anything here on in pm, whichever you prefer. Granted google plus would be ideal xD