Jump to topic:

Dylan 2015

dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 6:22:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
My platform: I will enact laws which make future elections unnecessary, as all leadership positions will be appointed by me, including my own. I will be addressed as "benevolent leader" or the user will be banned for a week. I will assign people random tasks at random internals which must be accomplished to my amusement or they and the last person with whom they communicated will be permanently banned. I will have no vice president. The opinion and poll sections will be my main focus. Participating in them will grant users 'fun nickels' which can be spent on forum posts and debates -- 25 opinion/poll responses = 6 characters on either, and at every increment of 1000 you get an extra 3 to be spent within 10 seconds. People with odd ELO values at the time of my inauguration will only be allowed to converse with other 'odds' (as we will learn to call them), but 'evens' will be allowed to talk to both, although the odds won't be able to respond obviously. The site's font will be changed to comic sands (not to be confused with comic sans) which is essentially comic sans but written in dots that resemble the appearance of sand. The voting template will be replaced with a single criterion available to only me: "Amused, carry on" which allows you to avoid the ban you would receive if I voted "lol fail". I won't vote, though. That is boring. Once in power, I will make it a crime not to have voted for me, an infraction which will result in the offender's communication being restricted to the following responses: "Forgive me, dear leader" to which I will respond "only if you say the magic word", but you will only have the option to say "pleags" to which I will respond "lol fail". I am capricious and schemey, so the above is subject to change or subject to being strategically false. I can make no promises except that I will seldom keep them.
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 6:24:32 PM
At 12/5/2014 6:22:16 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
My platform: I will enact laws which make future elections unnecessary, as all leadership positions will be appointed by me, including my own. I will be addressed as "benevolent leader" or the user will be banned for a week. I will assign people random tasks at random internals which must be accomplished to my amusement or they and the last person with whom they communicated will be permanently banned. I will have no vice president. The opinion and poll sections will be my main focus. Participating in them will grant users 'fun nickels' which can be spent on forum posts and debates -- 25 opinion/poll responses = 6 characters on either, and at every increment of 1000 you get an extra 3 to be spent within 10 seconds. People with odd ELO values at the time of my inauguration will only be allowed to converse with other 'odds' (as we will learn to call them), but 'evens' will be allowed to talk to both, although the odds won't be able to respond obviously. The site's font will be changed to comic sands (not to be confused with comic sans) which is essentially comic sans but written in dots that resemble the appearance of sand. The voting template will be replaced with a single criterion available to only me: "Amused, carry on" which allows you to avoid the ban you would receive if I voted "lol fail". I won't vote, though. That is boring. Once in power, I will make it a crime not to have voted for me, an infraction which will result in the offender's communication being restricted to the following responses: "Forgive me, dear leader" to which I will respond "only if you say the magic word", but you will only have the option to say "pleags" to which I will respond "lol fail". I am capricious and schemey, so the above is subject to change or subject to being strategically false. I can make no promises except that I will seldom keep them.

... Beautiful :-D
ElCorazonAma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 6:26:39 PM
Oh... another one... hmmm, interesting...
The verb is real but the adjective is only a hypothetical ideal. ~ Freedo
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2014 6:38:19 PM
*kneels on right knee*

O'padawan, may I be your lead assassin?
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 10:24:07 AM
At 12/5/2014 6:38:19 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
*kneels on right knee*

O'padawan, may I be your lead assassin?

You're just trying to create the impression that you are not RationalMadman by faking loyalty , obviously you are your own leader.
I WILL DECIDE WHAT THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT. I AM SPIRITUAL, NOT RELIGIOYUS. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RELIGIOUS TO BELIEVE IN GOD, AND YOU DO WORSHIP MONEY IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR WALLET THAAN YOU DO THE POOR. YOU ARE A TROLL THAT IS OUT FOR ATTENTUION."- SitaraMusica
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 11:22:14 AM

You should make your post clearer... I'm Dylan, and I'm sure as hell not running for president -_-
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 9:42:58 PM
At 12/7/2014 9:39:14 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
Policy update: the user known as "dtaylor971" will be banished for his sassitude.

That is all.

...and no one supports your ideas now :P
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 9:46:24 PM
At 12/7/2014 9:42:58 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
At 12/7/2014 9:39:14 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
Policy update: the user known as "dtaylor971" will be banished for his sassitude.

That is all.

...and no one supports your ideas now :P

http://southpawbeagle.files.wordpress.com...
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 4:57:12 PM
At 1/7/2015 3:12:25 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
Let's make this happen.

i'm questioning the respect i had for you at one time
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 5:05:54 PM
At 1/7/2015 4:57:12 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
Let's make this happen.

This thread was a joke you know.
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 5:14:17 PM
At 1/7/2015 5:05:54 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
Let's make this happen.

No, you really are the world savior.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 7:16:54 AM
Let's make this happen.

i'm speaking in general
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 9:50:12 AM
At 1/8/2015 7:16:54 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
Let's make this happen.

i'm speaking in general

I can understand that. I'll try to be less annoying lol
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 10:13:24 AM
Forgive me, dear leader
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 10:25:20 AM
At 1/8/2015 10:23:11 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 1/8/2015 10:13:24 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
Forgive me, dear leader

Only if you say the magic word

pleags
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 10:25:41 AM
At 1/8/2015 10:25:20 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 1/8/2015 10:23:11 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 1/8/2015 10:13:24 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
Forgive me, dear leader

Only if you say the magic word

pleags

lol fail
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 6:21:06 PM
At 1/8/2015 9:50:12 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 1/8/2015 7:16:54 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
Let's make this happen.

i'm speaking in general

I can understand that. I'll try to be less annoying lol

not annoying you just act respectable generally and the election made you out of character. well i guess this election changed a lot of people. But still i think this whole mess is crying over spilled milk
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 9:14:04 PM
I'm writing you in.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 9:28:59 PM

*Sigh*
Another one of these "I'm running for president jokes." So sick of these, I respect you Dylan, its just after like 10 other people did it it got broing for me sorry
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 9:36:00 PM
At 6/1/2015 9:28:59 PM, Hayd wrote:

*Sigh*
Another one of these "I'm running for president jokes." So sick of these, I respect you Dylan, its just after like 10 other people did it it got broing for me sorry

I wrote that 5 months ago lol
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 9:46:13 PM
At 6/1/2015 9:36:00 PM, dylancatlow wrote:

*Sigh*

Wtf! I didnt see that, I'm so sorry lol i regret everything I just said Im so sorry please forgive me!
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 9:57:02 PM
The site's font will be changed to comic sands (not to be confused with comic sans) which is essentially comic sans but written in dots that resemble the appearance of sand.

YOU'RE A MONSTER!!!
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 10:07:25 PM
At 6/1/2015 9:46:13 PM, Hayd wrote:

*Sigh*

Wtf! I didnt see that, I'm so sorry lol i regret everything I just said Im so sorry please forgive me!

Only if you say the magic word.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 10:07:40 PM
At 6/1/2015 9:57:02 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
The site's font will be changed to comic sands (not to be confused with comic sans) which is essentially comic sans but written in dots that resemble the appearance of sand.

YOU'RE A MONSTER!!!

>:)
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 10:21:03 PM
At 6/1/2015 10:07:25 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 6/1/2015 9:46:13 PM, Hayd wrote:

*Sigh*

Only if you say the magic word.

*self ego figghts with forgiveness"
*huffs and puffs*
*says under breath*
please?
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2016 7:11:03 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
You rebellious peasants still have time to redeem yourselves by voting for me this time around -- I promise to terrorize you in revenge only a little bit :)