Jump to topic:

Imabench's Political Ploy

xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 3:40:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am sure quite a few of you have seem Bench's debut of his series Ball Buster. As much as I like the show, he states in the beginning that he will only continue the show if Mikal is elected.

Is this a political move to get Mikal and Bench elected? Why would Bench stop just because Mikal isn't elected?
Nolite Timere
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 3:50:28 PM
At 12/6/2014 3:40:09 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
I am sure quite a few of you have seem Bench's debut of his series Ball Buster. As much as I like the show, he states in the beginning that he will only continue the show if Mikal is elected.

Is this a political move to get Mikal and Bench elected? Why would Bench stop just because Mikal isn't elected?

The same reason others leave the site, they want a reason to stay. People get bored, or leave for their own reasons. Him being VP is incentive for him to stay
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 3:52:16 PM
At 12/6/2014 3:50:28 PM, Mikal wrote:

The same reason others leave the site, they want a reason to stay. People get bored, or leave for their own reasons. Him being VP is incentive for him to stay

That's... a bit shitty...

So the choice of the elections ... is actually- are we keeping Imabench, or sending him away?
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 3:54:38 PM

Okay I know how its fun to play conspiracy theory around this site but I'll go ahead and clarify.

Its easy to follow

1) As Mikal's VP, the one responsibility I have been assigned is to basically serve as his press secretary by releasing periodical broadcasts of everything that has been going on. The first episode was released to give people an idea of what the show would look like since people feared it would be a lot like the Weekly Stupid.

2) As mentioned before, if Mikal doesnt win the election, than the reasons I had for coming back to the site in the first place would be voided, and I wouldnt have a good reason to stay.

3) Therefore, if im not on the site, then naturally the show wouldnt be able to continue.

Its not some sort of political ploy, its just an unfortunate set of circumstances.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 3:56:29 PM

The same reason others leave the site, they want a reason to stay. People get bored, or leave for their own reasons. Him being able to serve as part of an administration and be a productive member on DDO as part of that administration is incentive for him to stay

fixed it
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 4:24:30 PM

Which could easily raise theories as to why you chose Ima as your VP. Choosing Ima may be nothing more than a political move.

"Vote for me or lose Imabench."
Nolite Timere
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 4:28:10 PM
At 12/6/2014 4:24:30 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

Which could easily raise theories as to why you chose Ima as your VP. Choosing Ima may be nothing more than a political move.

If mikal wanted to make a political move to get voters, dont you think he would have picked someone as a VP who DOESNT have as dark and controversial of a past on this site as me?....

He's not the one who determines if I leave or not, I am.

kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 4:31:36 PM
At 12/6/2014 3:54:38 PM, imabench wrote:

Okay I know how its fun to play conspiracy theory around this site but I'll go ahead and clarify.

Its easy to follow

1) As Mikal's VP, the one responsibility I have been assigned is to basically serve as his press secretary by releasing periodical broadcasts of everything that has been going on. The first episode was released to give people an idea of what the show would look like since people feared it would be a lot like the Weekly Stupid.

2) As mentioned before, if Mikal doesnt win the election, than the reasons I had for coming back to the site in the first place would be voided, and I wouldnt have a good reason to stay.

So literally, the only reason you are bothering to stay on this website is to get elected.

Do you even like DDO??
kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 4:33:40 PM
At 12/6/2014 4:28:10 PM, imabench wrote:

If mikal wanted to make a political move to get voters, dont you think he would have picked someone as a VP who DOESNT have as dark and controversial of a past on this site as me?....

Maybe he feels obligated, after you raised $500 for him?

This is shocking to me that you don't even want to stay on this website unless you are VP.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 4:37:27 PM
At 12/6/2014 4:31:36 PM, kbub wrote:

Its easy to follow

So literally, the only reason you are bothering to stay on this website is to get elected.

Ive explained several times to you already that the reasons I came back to the site was to help mikal administer the site on a platform that I once ran on after he personally asked me for my help, not 'to get elected'

Do you even like DDO??

I love this place, its made me almost retardedly famous just because I was being myself. Its the arrogance and stubbornness of some of the people on here that sucks the fun out of this place for me every now and again.

kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 4:38:59 PM
At 12/6/2014 4:37:27 PM, imabench wrote:

Its easy to follow

Ive explained several times to you already that the reasons I came back to the site was to help mikal administer the site on a platform that I once ran on after he personally asked me for my help, not 'to get elected'

Didn't you just say the same thing in two different ways?

Do you even like DDO??

I love this place, its made me almost retardedly famous just because I was being myself. Its the arrogance and stubbornness of some of the people on here that sucks the fun out of this place for me every now and again.

But not enough to stick around?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 4:43:11 PM
At 12/6/2014 4:33:40 PM, kbub wrote:

I was gone from the site, he had no reason to do any favors from me since I wasnt even a part of this place at the time.

This is shocking to me that you don't even want to stay on this website unless you are VP.

Well thats because you cant accept the fact that the actual reason i'm here is because I want to help mikal get elected and then help him fix the site for the better, not to hold a such a meaningless position on this site as 'VP'....

What does being a VP on DDO offer to me that I dont or havent already had?

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 4:45:51 PM
At 12/6/2014 4:38:59 PM, kbub wrote:

No, you are making it seem like my goal is for me to get elected, when its to help mikal become president so that he can lead this site to a better state while contributing to such a cause in whatever way he sees fit.

Do you even like DDO??

Read the second sentence that someone posts before responding to their post. In fact what you are doing is only proving my point.

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 4:49:52 PM
At 12/6/2014 3:52:16 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

So the choice of the elections ... is actually- are we keeping Imabench, or sending him away?

Um....no.
Imabench is choosing to leave, as he has chosen to leave in the past.
Nothing is stopping him from staying except himself.
My work here is, finally, done.
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 4:51:12 PM
At 12/6/2014 4:43:11 PM, imabench wrote:
At 12/6/2014 4:33:40 PM, kbub wrote:

I was gone from the site, he had no reason to do any favors from me since I wasnt even a part of this place at the time.

Well thats because you cant accept the fact that the actual reason i'm here is because I want to help mikal get elected and then help him fix the site for the better, not to hold a such a meaningless position on this site as 'VP'....

Doesn't it offer you the ability to try and fix the site for the better? Your question and the statement immediately before imply that you think you already have that ability.

If you believe that being VP is meaningless, do you think that you could help the site in the ways that you and mikal want without being elected?
kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 4:54:00 PM
At 12/6/2014 4:45:51 PM, imabench wrote:
At 12/6/2014 4:38:59 PM, kbub wrote:

No, you are making it seem like my goal is for me to get elected, when its to help mikal become president so that he can lead this site to a better state while contributing to such a cause in whatever way he sees fit.

Do you even like DDO??

Read the second sentence that someone posts before responding to their post. In fact what you are doing is only proving my point.

Do you often call potential voters "stubborn" and "arrogant?" I think that the concerns I've brought up have been reasonable, and that I have been civil.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 5:04:38 PM

Didn't you tell me the other day the he intended on staying anyways? Now you're changing your story. Secondly this furthers my concerns of him leaving. If anything the show is his incentive to stay. If he wants to do it that bad then he should stay and do the show reguardless if he is elected or not.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 5:07:04 PM

This ^, so much.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 5:15:05 PM
At 12/6/2014 4:51:12 PM, numberwang wrote:

Doesn't it offer you the ability to try and fix the site for the better? Your question and the statement immediately before imply that you think you already have that ability.

You can only change DDO for the better so much when you are on the outside as just any other member of the site, and even if you are 'behind the scenes' working with those who run the site, there is still only so much you can do when you arent included in the regular decision making process. Ive done both of those, and just about exhausted every initiative and idea I have tried to have implemented around here.

What being VP offers me that does have my interest is a position in an amazing administration that puts me at least in the discussion of administering the site, as little as it may be.

If you believe that being VP is meaningless, do you think that you could help the site in the ways that you and mikal want without being elected?

okay meaningless was a poor choice of words, 'border-line meaningless' would have been a better selection, since although being a Vice-President on here gives you very little authority, it still is a position that includes someone in assisting the president administer the site over many affairs

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 5:17:36 PM
At 12/6/2014 4:54:00 PM, kbub wrote:

Do you often call potential voters "stubborn" and "arrogant?" I think that the concerns I've brought up have been reasonable, and that I have been civil.

I have to disagree with you on the second one since you have routinely misrepresented myself, my motives for why I am running with Mikal, and the position I am running for.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 5:19:23 PM
At 12/6/2014 5:04:38 PM, lannan13 wrote:

If he wants to do it that bad then he should stay and do the show reguardless if he is elected or not.

Lannan how would I be able to make a show that details the actions of the president and his cabinet over a two week period if im not even a part of the administration to know the reasoning behind an action it took in the first place?

kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 5:33:16 PM
At 12/6/2014 5:17:36 PM, imabench wrote:

I have to disagree with you on the second one since you have routinely misrepresented myself, my motives for why I am running with Mikal, and the position I am running for.

I'm certainly sorry to have misrepresented you. However, these were, and are, some of my concerns about voting the Mikal-Imabench ticket. I'm certainly glad though to have given you the opportunity to address these concerns.

On the other had, I still have a question. Why did you think it was a good idea to insult me?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 5:37:55 PM
At 12/6/2014 5:33:16 PM, kbub wrote:
At 12/6/2014 5:17:36 PM, imabench wrote:

I'm certainly sorry to have misrepresented you. However, these were, and are, some of my concerns about voting the Mikal-Imabench ticket. I'm certainly glad though to have given you the opportunity to address these concerns.

On the other had, I still have a question. Why did you think it was a good idea to insult me?

it was most definitely NOT a good idea for me to insult you, and I apologize for doing so.

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 6:55:33 PM

Didn't you tell me the other day the he intended on staying anyways? Now you're changing your story. Secondly this furthers my concerns of him leaving. If anything the show is his incentive to stay. If he wants to do it that bad then he should stay and do the show reguardless if he is elected or not.

I said verbatim, that "we could hope he stayed". Everybody has their reasons for wanting to be on the site, this is his
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 7:00:35 PM
At 12/6/2014 3:52:16 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Think about when you were leaving, what kept you on the site. Friends, debates, whatever your reason is that is the conduit and why you stayed. To some people it's interaction, some people it's to have something to do. He wants to help the site in his own way and being VP gives him something to do and it's something he enjoys. It is his conduit.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 7:18:28 PM
I've been over this over and over. I did not ask ima to me by pres because he donated money to me. Ajab gave me nearly 600 dollars and would have been a more safe choice. I did not pick him as a ply.

I picked him because everyone looks down on him. Everyone thinks he cannot manage himself or has what it takes to be the vp. I have faith in him. I believe he can do a great job, and I believe in him as a person.

I want to give him a chance to prove himself, and he has did great thus far
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 10:04:13 PM
At 12/6/2014 5:19:23 PM, imabench wrote:

If he wants to do it that bad then he should stay and do the show reguardless if he is elected or not.

Lannan how would I be able to make a show that details the actions of the president and his cabinet over a two week period if im not even a part of the administration to know the reasoning behind an action it took in the first place?

First sentence of the show is that the video is about politics on DDO. Not about the Presidency.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 10:08:57 PM
At 12/6/2014 10:04:13 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 12/6/2014 5:19:23 PM, imabench wrote:

First sentence of the show is that the video is about politics on DDO. Not about the Presidency.

"....A show which will be the equivalent of Bladerunners' weekly presidential update, but for the mikal administration, if elected. The show will focus mostly on the actions of the president in a two week period...."

^ Thats literally what I said word-for-word at the beginning of the video.

xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 1:14:07 PM

Maybe. I honestly do question Mikal's judgement in choosing you as his VP. Fact is though, the community wants you to stay, and if Mikal isn't elected you leave. Whether intended or not, this is a political move.

And you have decided on leaving if Mikal isn't elected on the grounds that you will have no reason to stay, correct?
Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 1:16:29 PM

Its easy to follow

This could be done regardless of whether Mikal is elected or not.

This just presents a lack of loyalty to the website.

3) Therefore, if im not on the site, then naturally the show wouldnt be able to continue.

Its not some sort of political ploy, its just an unfortunate set of circumstances.
Nolite Timere