Jump to topic:

Transparency and this election: New candidate

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 11:17:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Just to get this over and done with, i'm not one for drama or back stabbing so airing this out

Lannan has pledged to help both me and bladerunner, and was promised a position to help in blades committee because Eddie trusted him to do so. While talking crap behind both of your backs and trying to get a VP, to run himself in order to undermine our platforms.

I respect Eddie to much to have him harboring someone that does not deserve his trust. Eddie has a great platform and does not deserve that

Ask yourself is this a person that you want to elect, I would say not

That is all
Conservative101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 11:23:41 PM
At 12/6/2014 11:17:39 PM, Mikal wrote:
Just to get this over and done with, i'm not one for drama or back stabbing so airing this out

Lannan has pledged to help both me and bladerunner, and was promised a position to help in blades committee because Eddie trusted him to do so. While talking crap behind both of your backs and trying to get a VP, to run himself in order to undermine our platforms.

I respect Eddie to much to have him harboring someone that does not deserve his trust. Eddie has a great platform and does not deserve that

Ask yourself is this a person that you want to elect, I would say not

That is all

So Lannan is no longer running for Pres?
When in doubt, start riots and scream racism
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 11:24:14 PM
You guys want real transparency from a mod/president

Merry Christmas

I don't tolerate people treating other people poorly, when they were given that type of trust. Anyone that he has messaged about Eddie and his platform, I would advise you to throw it away. Eddie is a great guy. Any criticisms he has against me, I will be happy to hash it on here or on a debate.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 11:28:04 PM
At 12/6/2014 11:24:14 PM, Mikal wrote:

Merry Christmas

I don't tolerate people treating other people poorly, when they were given that type of trust. Anyone that he has messaged about Eddie and his platform, I would advise you to throw it away. Eddie is a great guy. Any criticisms he has against me, I will be happy to hash it on here or on a debate.

I told you personally in a PM that I will do what's best for the site and if that means that I have to be a Ross Perot and ruin the election, because you two agree too much then that's what's going to happen, but many of the members that I've talked to are fed up with you and the in actvitiy of the Bladerunner administration. I respect the both of you, but if I must run then I shall.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 11:28:17 PM

Merry Christmas

Eddie did tell me he doesn't agree with transparency. I'm not sure what type of super secret life altering stuff he'd be privy to as president but I don't think it's worthy of lying by omission.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with him but I just disagree with his policies.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 11:30:03 PM
At 12/6/2014 11:28:04 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Merry Christmas

I told you personally in a PM that I will do what's best for the site and if that means that I have to be a Ross Perot and ruin the election, because you two agree too much then that's what's going to happen, but many of the members that I've talked to are fed up with you and the in actvitiy of the Bladerunner administration. I respect the both of you, but if I must run then I shall.

Dude you have 2 votes because two people wanted to troll in you a poll dalt did. Eddie gave you his trust, going behind his back like that is not cool. Feel free to announce your candidacy, you are free to do so. I just don't like people treating my friends like that

If you do that to someone that allowed you to help after you reached out to him, you don't deserve to be in office. That needs to be clear.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 11:30:26 PM

Merry Christmas

Oh, if you want REAL transparency then you should examine your cabinet as it was your own members that have petitioned me to run.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 11:32:04 PM

I told you personally in a PM that I will do what's best for the site and if that means that I have to be a Ross Perot and ruin the election,

Lannan with all due respect, and I am saying with all due respect, the difference between you and Ross Perot is that Russ Perot can actually get votes....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 11:32:13 PM
At 12/6/2014 11:30:03 PM, Mikal wrote:

Merry Christmas

Dude you have 2 votes because two people wanted to troll in you a poll dalt did. Eddie gave you his trust, going behind his back like that is not cool. Feel free to announce your candidacy, you are free to do so. I just don't like people treating my friends like that

If you do that to someone that allowed you to help after you reached out to him, you don't deserve to be in office. That needs to be clear.

I don't think you understand. I don't have a snowball's chance in hell for winning. So I dobt that I'll come close to even be in the DDOval Office.

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 11:32:48 PM
At 12/6/2014 11:30:26 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Merry Christmas

Oh, if you want REAL transparency then you should examine your cabinet as it was your own members that have petitioned me to run.

My cabinet is open, that is beauty of my platform. Anyone can help if they want. You are free to run at will. You will here no complaints from I nor blade.

My point is that when you pledge to help someone and give them your word, and you flip within 5 hours of that. You cannot be trusted to hold any promises you make while running. Outside of that, I'll wait for you platform before I address you anymore.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 11:33:47 PM

Merry Christmas

But you have to admit, the way you went about it was totally wrong. If you were planning on running all this time, than you shouldn't have pledged your support to either candidate, much less both of them. That was very despicable of you, and it can, and probably will, be seen as backstabbing.

Also, in the name of transparency, I was asked to be Lannan's running mate. Which is fairly indicative of one of two things.

A. I'm making a political comeback in the minds of DDO users(Not likely)
B. Lannan is really desperate(Extremely likely)
#FeeltheFreezerBern
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 11:34:09 PM

Merry Christmas

lol, this is the first I'm hearing of this, but it's funny that blade's own administration doesn't believe in him.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 11:34:58 PM
At 12/6/2014 11:32:04 PM, imabench wrote:

I told you personally in a PM that I will do what's best for the site and if that means that I have to be a Ross Perot and ruin the election,

Lannan with all due respect, and I am saying with all due respect, the difference between you and Ross Perot is that Russ Perot can actually get votes....

Hey, I initial wasn't going to run, but more and more people who I interviewed wanted me to run and like Perot said, if people petition me to run then I'll do so. I have 25 names and I have no choice but to keep my promise.

I have always said that I put the site first. Not Blade, not me, not Mikal, not Bench, nor RM, I'm running because the site's opinions aren't being represented. Secondly it was only a thought.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 11:35:06 PM
At 12/6/2014 11:33:01 PM, Unitomic wrote:
I'm sorry, but this seems like a cheap attempt at bringing down an opponent.

we're not bringing him down, we're outing him.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 11:35:07 PM

Another difference? Ross Perot can actually win a debate.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 11:36:12 PM
At 12/6/2014 11:34:58 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Hey, I initial wasn't going to run, but more and more people who I interviewed wanted me to run and like Perot said, if people petition me to run then I'll do so. I have 25 names and I have no choice but to keep my promise.

I have always said that I put the site first. Not Blade, not me, not Mikal, not Bench, nor RM, I'm running because the site's opinions aren't being represented. Secondly it was only a thought.

What is wrong with Blade or Mikal that you can fix?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 11:37:28 PM
At 12/6/2014 11:36:12 PM, thett3 wrote:

He makes a better wartime president of things get hairy.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 11:37:34 PM

Ive consulted with Eddie in a PM prior to this. HE is as annoyed as I am and im sure he will respond soon. I just think its a low blow for lannan to do that to a Eddie (he is a great friend of mine) in a attempt to shoot down his platform after he condoned it

I don't tolerate nor like issues that occur like that, and that needs to be made public.

You should not, nor am i condoning any harm to blades platform. Blades platform is just as intact as before this and just as viable

I just don't agree with people doing that to someone
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 11:38:32 PM

lol, name 4 people for me who claimed they wanted you to run to even remotely believe you are telling the truth.

Members who have been here for shorter than 4 days dont count either.

Unitomic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 11:38:43 PM
At 12/6/2014 11:35:06 PM, imabench wrote:

we're not bringing him down, we're outing him.

Even worse. A cheap attempt to out him. If he decided that he no longer felt you were the best choice, I'd say more power to him. I'd rather someone willing to break a promise when needed then someone who will allow what they consider harmful to happen.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 11:40:00 PM
At 12/6/2014 11:37:28 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/6/2014 11:36:12 PM, thett3 wrote:

He makes a better wartime president of things get hairy.

We already won the war against createdebate.

No but in seriousness, Lannan, this was really unbecoming of a presidential candidate and of an individual.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 11:40:02 PM
At 12/6/2014 11:33:21 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
This is rather simple: Vote Endark/Esocial

Gay men having abortions and your plans to stop them will probably lead me to voting for you.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 11:40:29 PM
At 12/6/2014 11:17:39 PM, Mikal wrote:

Lannan has pledged to help both me and bladerunner, and was promised a position to help in blades committee because Eddie trusted him to do so.

Lannan should have never been selected for any position on DDO, for reasons that should be fairly straightforward.

I've heard that my name has been thrown into the mix of some lannan-drama. I'm not even going to humor it with a public response.
Tsar of DDO
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 11:41:52 PM
At 12/6/2014 11:38:32 PM, imabench wrote:

lol, name 4 people for me who claimed they wanted you to run to even remotely believe you are telling the truth.

Mister_Man, Mishapqueen, Unitomic, BOT, ESocialBookworm, Donald.Keller,... I can go on and on.

Members who have been here for shorter than 4 days dont count either.

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 11:42:09 PM
Also, because Lannan wants to compare himself to Ross Perot, will that mean his VP will be a senile old man who practically knows none of the issues? A senile old man is probably the only person who would accept his VP offer. Hats off to you Admiral Stockdale. Two questions: "Who am I? Why am I here?"
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Unitomic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 11:42:11 PM
Personally, I think if you're going to deal with him, it should be through proving his positions as bad, and proving yourself a better choice, not through attempting to use your personal issues with him as cheap munitions.