Total Posts:28|Showing Posts:1-28
Jump to topic:

--- DDO Presidential/VP Interview ---

bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 11:45:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I had asked both tickets for an interview and they agreed. I just wanted to thank all four of them for participating in this.I hope this interview gives you a chance to directly compare the candidates and to get to know them and their platforms before you case your vote.

Just to give readers and idea of how the interview was conducted, I interviewed each of the four candidates in a separate PM, and asked the questions gradually (so they weren't given all the questions at once). I asked that the candidates keep responses to less than 1,000 characters unless otherwise noted. Now, on to the interview...

PLEASE DO NOT POST UNTIL I AM DONE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. What is your favorite thing about DDO?

Mikal: There has been no bigger trend-setter or a more controversial contributor than me, and people need to know this because people routinely let my history of flame-wars overshadow everything I have done for this site.

Blade
: My favorite thing is the core of the site: the exchange of ideas. A lot of places are echo chambers, or are so full of trolls as to make reasonable discussion nigh-impossible (anybody read a Youtube comment page, recently?). It's only on DDO where I can find a wide range of beliefs, and generally have a reasonable discussion about them. And if nothing else, I feel being on here has sharpened my ability to present a position.

2. If asked to identify your biggest flaw, what would you say, and why?


Mikal: Not serious enough sometimes, because I am a laid back person. As I have stated, when required I can change that though, and have done so in line

Blade
: I'm not good at letting things go. I will engage with a discussion probably longer than it's productive--because I'm eternally optimistic it will BE productive.

3. If asked to identify your greatest asset or strength, what would you say and why?

Mikal
: Motivation, perseverance, and a die hard attitude. I set goals and I achieve them. I wanted to be the highest rank debater on the site when I joined, and I did it in 7 months. When I set goals, I accomplish them

Blade: I'm like to think I'm good at seeing multiple perspectives--even if I strongly disagree, I like to think I'm pretty good at understanding where it's coming from. And while I, of course, think I'm right (or I wouldn't say whatever I said), I CAN be convinced I'm wrong--it's more important to be right, than that I be right.

4. What, in your mind, should the Office of DDO President be for? What is the main function of the job?

Mikal: Its a liaison between the community and juggle/moderation. Our job is limited and we can't do the thing mods can or that juggle can, but we can help improve site quality by coming up with ideas and leading the community. Most of which I have done outside of being president, So I am confident I can do even more if im elected.

Blade: A lot of people confuse the presidency with the moderator. The president is not an enforcer. I generally think of the DDO Presidency as an ambassador. I'm here to represent the membership, and I'm negotiating with Juggle and the mod(s) to get those things the membership wants done, done.

5. What is your greatest achievement or accomplishment on this site?

Mikal: There are alot, reaching the highest elo was one. Beating Roy by the widest margin he was ever beat was another. Meeting some great friends in some aspects. There are so many its hard to pick one.

Blade: Well, overall, my presidency! But, to narrow that down a bit, I think it's probably my voting initiative as president. We've had fewer unvoted debates during my presidency than ever. I kept my promise that if they were sent to me, I'd ensure they got votes, but I want to expand on that this go-round--the goal really is to have no debates go unvoted whatsoever, and I think that's an achievable goal. Though I am mighty proud of those weekly updates that nobody was really reading...

6. What pressing needs or problems do you see on DDO right now, and why do you think those issues are the most urgent? Name at least three, please, and triage them in order of priority.

Mikal: Getting rid of toxic members. This is such a broad term and hard to define, but it has been thoroughly defined in the forums if you read it. I cannot contain the definition to 1k , but if you read my definition on the forums along with bluesteel we have a good guideline. These are members that degrade site quality, spur arguments to argue, etc and so forth while showing no signs of reforming. These people drag down site quality to the point its horrendous. The line of the moderation policy should be re drawn to give le way to people that get in small conflicts, and actually do something about people that are toxic.

Front Page - It needs to be fixed in general. Its just crap right now. Excuse the language

Voting incentives and better debates - Getting higher quality debates out with more higher quality votes.

Blade: Resolution of the "trial question" (That is, working on it and seeing how much the community truly supports it as it's worked on, since sometimes an idea gets a lot of "Yeah!" until it actually is going to happen)

Forum clean-up (including stickies)

Voting initiatives

(But honestly, there's a host of other things too: We need tournaments. We need a good AAN program....I could go on at length. Everything's important!)

7. What specific, concrete steps will you take as President to realize your platform goals?

Mikal: Massive amounts of time, help from others, and a strong determination. As I said If I set my mind to something I can and will accomplish it. Some of my goals are out of my control, because they are on moderation and juggle. I will still advocate for the change with every breath I have, and Push for the things I can do that are realistic.

Blade: My platform is going up tomorrow morning (my time), so it'll be clearer when it's posted. That said, my platform is specifically based on what I KNOW can be accomplished. In terms of concrete steps, part of the new platform is more explicit timelines and accountability for every project.

8. How feasible is it that you will deliver on most of your platform's planks?


Mikal: Minus the moderation policy and sub mods, pretty realistic. I can promise more tournies, votes of the week, debates of the week, fan fics of the week. Voting incentives etc. I will also die trying to implement ragnars new users guide as a sticky, and change the front page in general.

Blade: I think it's completely feasible. I don't like making empty promises. In some cases, I have to confess that the promise is that I'll work on it--but I'm certain that I'll work on it, or I wouldn't promise it. I think what I've learned from this current administration is going to be extremely helpful in terms of project-management.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 11:51:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago

9. What is something unique about you or your platform that you want to draw voters' attention to?


Mikal: That I am open to listen to anyone at anytime. If you have an idea that is in my means to help with, I will help you. I will not take the idea, I will let you run it the way you run it as long as it abides by the Tos, and I will offer as much help on my end as possible. It's not my job to run everything on the site, it's my job to act as a liason and make the community interact. I don't want to interact for people on here, I want them to interact with their own ideas and promote site growth.

Blade: My platform's emphasis is on things I, and my team, can deliver on. While I can promise to work on things like updates, having the focus be on that is a mistake, because no president can guarantee those. All we can do is advocate...and sometimes, no matter how good we are as advocates, we have to recognize that that doesn't mean we'll be able to get those things we're advocating for.

10. What qualities did you see in your VP that made you ask them to run (and possibly serve) with you? What role do you envision for them and you COS in your administration?

Mikal: Ima is abrasive, loud, and rude sometimes but he has a great heart. He is kind , smart, and dedicated to his goals. To be honest, his desire from VP stems from how people view him. I have talked to him personally. People keep telling him, he cant do it, he cant be a VP, hes not qualified. It kind of hurts his feelings because he has a passion and love for DDO. Hearing that alot has sparked a desire in him to show people that he is capable. As I said as well, he is just an all around great guy when you really talk to him.

Blade: Well, these are my thoughts on it, but I feel I should preface them with this: This is about my thoughts and why I chose who I did, and what was important to me. It is not a comment on other campaigns. I think it's important to have a level-headed VP, that I know I can trust. It's why I chose bsh1 last time, and why I chose Cermank this time. Being "official" means having to ACT official--otherwise it hurts your advocacy attempts and, to quote South Park, "You're gonna have a bad time". Thett is also a respected member, and I trust him as much as I trust Cermank. So while Cermank is, as my VP, as public in her actions as I am, Thett is at least somewhat more "behind the scenes". But that's just the emphasis of their positions; the benefit of the two members I chose is that I know I can trust them both in the opposite roles when I need to. Their skill sets, and roles, overlap a great deal.

11. What contrasts can you draw between your ticket and your opponents' ticket?

Mikal: Believe it or not, ours are very similar. Like almost everything is the same. I think it comes down to how I can beat the status quo. That derives from the effort I will put into the site, how much I care about the site, and the realistic goals I can achieve. I can implement voting incentives, I can increase tournaments, I can make sure higher quality debates happen, and I sure can help the community interact more. If there is a major contrast, its probably with the trial system I want to implement and my view on toxic members, and even then we are similar..

Blade: I struggle with this one, because I respect all three of my opponents--I'm not interested in talking smack about them or their ideas. That said, I think my ticket is a ticket of known quantities who've already made good contributions to the site, with realistic goals. My biggest issue with my opponents's ticket is that I'm concerned they don't really appreciate the practical considerations that'll go into their proposals and administration.

12. Why, in 250 words or less, should we vote for your ticket?

Mikal: I love the site. Im dedicated to the people on it, and I sincerely love and want it to improve. When you have that desire to make the site better, and have the experience I have with the members and how it works it's a solid sale. Whether some people hate me or not , I am loved. You guys donated money to me to keep me from being homeless. I am a liked guy that can help unite DDO. I have a great personality, started live mafia in google plus, managed to climb the elo leader board faster than any other member, and manged to implement unique and unusual ideas unlike any user before me. I achieve my goals. You trusted me once, and I hope you do it again.

Blade
: (My word processor says 161 words) I hope I've proved to DDO over the last several months that I'm dependable and devoted to the site, and that I've earned the trust of the members. This administration has been fantastic, and I've learned a lot--about the site, about moderation, about Juggle, about members. If I felt that I had nothing new to offer, I wouldn't be running, but I want to apply the knowledge I've gained towards improving DDO in my next administration--because we can always do better. Six months is forever in DDO time, but it's actually very short for an elected position; by giving me another term, members are ensuring that I can hit the ground running and expand on programs that have already been working. With Cermank and Thett as my running mates, and a solid plan to implement a practical platform, I'm confident that this administration will be an even bigger success than the last one. We're here to represent the members of DDO!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. What is one thing we should know about you and your time on DDO. Why should we know this?


Bench: There has been no bigger trend-setter or a more controversial contributor than me, and people need to know this because people routinely let my history of flame-wars overshadow everything I have done for this site.

Cermank: I think the fact that I've been here forever on DDO. I was in high school when I joined, and now that I've completed my graduation, I can say that DDO has been a defining part of my ideological battles. I was pretty much a noob when I joined, and it was only through conscious effort that I graduated that status.

I understand where a lot of problem members come from. It can be daunting having to defend your beliefs when don't know how to, or (sometimes) when they are a part of your learning that you believe make you the person you are. I believe the experience of basically being schooled on DDO can help me extend that level of support to a lot of members who might be facing the same problems I did, and help them integrate into the community better.

2. What made you accept the offer to be VP?

Bench: The platform Mikal wanted to run on was one that was very similar to the one I wanted to run on in the past before I had to withdraw from the race. I mean, to have someone as amazing as Mikal run on a platform that you support 100%, and then have him ask you to assist him in doing so, it was an immediate and easy yes for me.

Cermank: I love the community. I love the site, and I believe this site has been instrumental in making me the person I am today. The way a president runs his administration has an important bearing on the way discussions are garnered on the site. Blade is an excellent president, I believe he did a great job last term and his vision for the site and his opinions on a lot of platform issues align with mine. Being a VP for him is an honour, and I believe we would make a great team.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 11:56:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
3. What do you envision your role being in the administration and what do you plan on leading or doing while VP in furtherance of your platform objectives?

Bench: Mostly in providing quiet support for Mikal when needed, and handling the periodical presidential press releases. That is my role as far as I know it to be, and it likely wont change.

Cermank: Given that a vice president position is extremely deliberative, in a sense, I envision my role to be very flexible. I think the best way to describe my role would be 'helping out with the administration'.

One of the thing that I plan to do, however, (as I stated earlier) is opening lines of communication with the newer members. At the end of the day, we want better members on the site- the more the variety of members, the more interesting the site would be. Having been through that stage, I think I can help people be comfortable enough on the site to discuss their beliefs and contribute in a way they envisioned while joining the site, rather than getting into flamewars over conduct violations or stuff similar to that.

4. If you could fix/change on thing on DDO, what would it be?


Bench: Id change how easy it is for certain debates, opinions, and polls to end up on the front page..... It certainly could have eliminated a lot of the outrage over the 'Rape battle' debate that went down.

Cermank
: Personally, if I could, I would love to change the first page to reflect a more debate oriented site, rather than that garnered towards polls and opinions. I think that did wonders with the quality of the userbase when the site was Phil's non commercialized backyard venture.

Also, thett suggested a more personalized profile a while back, that would be pretty cool.

5. What unique qualities do you bring to your ticket that enhance it and set it apart from your opponents'?


Bench: A large amount of the chatter over the whole election has been my selection as mikal's VP, and thats because I have a brash and to-the-point style of argumentation when dealing with everyone, which causes some of the more 'idealist' members of DDO to freak out over my selection as mikals VP. Many people have this false stereotype in their head that site elected leaders are supposed to be very laid-back and relaxed members with a squaeky-clean history, and me being on the ticket challenges that very stereotype.

Cermank: Its indisputable that all of us (Mikal/ Bench/ Bladerunner/ Me) love the site, and have our own ideas towards bettering the site. I think what sets us apart is the fact that we have a much more focus on rehabilitating, in a sense. Blade has a very calm disposition, and I like to believe that I have too. I believe I can help with deescalation of a conflict and ensuring that the site runs with much less personal enmity, even amidst ideological conflict.

6. Why, in 250 words or less, should we vote for your ticket?


Bench: People should vote for Mikal because he has personally witnessed just how amazing and enriching that being a member on this site can be, and wants nothing more than to do everything in his power to give back to this site however he can to make it better than ever.

Cermank: Blade has been a terrific president last term, he brings better proposals to the table for the next term. DDO knows what we are offering, and you can be sure that we will deliver on our promises.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, that's the end of the interview; feel free to comment now. Just wanted to say thanks to all the candidates again, and to wish them all well in the election. I hope the voters have found this discussion useful and informative.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
That1User
Posts: 1,064
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 12:12:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Upon reading the interview and both of the canaditate's platforms, it seems that both are excellent canidates with similiar goals. The main question is whether the status quo of ddo should be kept or not. Being a new user I cannot adequetly determine how good the presidency of blade actually was. Because I am a centrist/moderate in this election, it will take much persuation to ultimately vote in a canidate's favor.
"Our life is what our thoughts make it."
R13; Marcus Aurelius
"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius
"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." -Voltaire
"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do. "-Voltaire
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 12:14:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/6/2014 11:45:18 PM, bsh1 wrote:

note : Bench and I had our first questioned swapped on accident I think XD

other than that, this was worded and edited perfectly

great job bsh
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 12:16:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 12:14:42 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/6/2014 11:45:18 PM, bsh1 wrote:

note : Bench and I had our first questioned swapped on accident I think XD

OMG...that's so embarrassing. Fixing that now.

other than that, this was worded and edited perfectly

great job bsh

Thanks.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 12:16:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
CORRECTION

This is Mikal's *actual* response to the first question:

I love the sense of community that is present on here. There are a lot of issues with the site itself, but the members keep it going. That is the reason why I want to run and win so bad. This community is a close knit group of friends that has supported me in my worst times. I want to give back
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 12:38:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Bump.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 2:44:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Just giving this another bump, because this content is what is really relevant.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 2:46:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 2:44:39 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Just giving this another bump, because this content is what is really relevant.

lol I was just gonna bump this up. Thanks for the interview, bsh. <3
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 2:46:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 2:46:14 AM, Cermank wrote:
At 12/7/2014 2:44:39 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Just giving this another bump, because this content is what is really relevant.

lol I was just gonna bump this up. Thanks for the interview, bsh. <3

Sure thing, Cermank :)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 6:33:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Just bumping this yet again.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 7:26:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 12:14:42 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/6/2014 11:45:18 PM, bsh1 wrote:

note : Bench and I had our first questioned swapped on accident I think XD

I thought something was a bit off there... lol

other than that, this was worded and edited perfectly

great job bsh
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 7:55:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 7:26:51 PM, donald.keller wrote:
At 12/7/2014 12:14:42 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/6/2014 11:45:18 PM, bsh1 wrote:

note : Bench and I had our first questioned swapped on accident I think XD

I thought something was a bit off there... lol

#Embarrassed
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 8:43:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 2:44:39 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Just giving this another bump, because this content is what is really relevant.

This was very well done, bsh :)
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 9:00:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 8:43:09 PM, YYW wrote:
At 12/7/2014 2:44:39 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Just giving this another bump, because this content is what is really relevant.

This was very well done, bsh :)

Thank you <3 I try...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 9:15:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 9:00:24 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/7/2014 8:43:09 PM, YYW wrote:
At 12/7/2014 2:44:39 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Just giving this another bump, because this content is what is really relevant.

This was very well done, bsh :)

Thank you <3 I try...

<3

You succeed, hot stuff ;)
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 9:15:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2014 9:15:19 PM, YYW wrote:
At 12/7/2014 9:00:24 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/7/2014 8:43:09 PM, YYW wrote:
At 12/7/2014 2:44:39 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Just giving this another bump, because this content is what is really relevant.

This was very well done, bsh :)

Thank you <3 I try...

<3

You succeed, hot stuff ;)

I love you :)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2014 1:41:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I just want to bump this one last time, because I feel as if this is the one thread where there is a way to directly compare candidate's response to various questions without all the other fluff inherent in campaigning.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2014 11:01:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/8/2014 1:41:45 AM, bsh1 wrote:
I just want to bump this one last time, because I feel as if this is the one thread where there is a way to directly compare candidate's response to various questions without all the other fluff inherent in campaigning.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2014 11:28:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/8/2014 11:01:15 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/8/2014 1:41:45 AM, bsh1 wrote:
I just want to bump this one last time, because I feel as if this is the one thread where there is a way to directly compare candidate's response to various questions without all the other fluff inherent in campaigning.
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 5:13:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/8/2014 11:28:02 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 12/8/2014 11:01:15 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/8/2014 1:41:45 AM, bsh1 wrote:
I just want to bump this one last time, because I feel as if this is the one thread where there is a way to directly compare candidate's response to various questions without all the other fluff inherent in campaigning.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Ragnar
Posts: 1,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 11:58:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This was a very informative read. I generally dislike the notion of bumping posts artificially, but I think this one deserves to be on top until the election is over.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 12:03:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 11:58:23 PM, Ragnar wrote:
This was a very informative read. I generally dislike the notion of bumping posts artificially, but I think this one deserves to be on top until the election is over.

Thank you! I am glad you found it informative.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 12:19:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Bumpage!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Ragnar
Posts: 1,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2014 11:31:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
[insert excuse for bumpage here]
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2014 11:34:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Are there more posts in this thread meant to bump it then there are posts of actual value at this point?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015