Jump to topic:

Todd Lannan13 Adkins Damage Control

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 12:22:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I, lannan13, member of DDO for the past 3 years, have a cery important announcement to make.

Firstly, I;d like to apologize to all the running candidates, but I feel as though I;ve been misunderstood. As a dedicated member of the site, I have more than given my time to the development, and witnessed the site progress and excel. This allowed me to form a bond with all the members and he site itself.

To explain my reasoning for pledges of allegiance, I can express it in no other way but by saying it was because I care. I care a lot about this site, and have even assisted in numerous presidential ideas and ideas for improvements to the site on the whole in the previous years, of which Bladerunner can attest. Thus, I only wanted what was best for the site- and decided to promise my aid to whoever would win. This would also help me realize more about the presidential candidates in the long run.

Due to my poor decorum in the incumbent thread calling me out, I have noted that my conduct had been far from inconcupscible, but I don't wish to run for DDO President.

I will get what I need to do done, in the best interests of the site, and will not have any matters like this occur again.

I would like to apologize to Bladerunner for harming him and betraying a friend this was seemingly just a joke as I was really planning for RM to be my VP and my platform will be fallowing this apology. The whole reason that I asked Daytona is because he had ran before and I think it would be a fun ride though I know I wouldn't do anything. THIS WAS A MERE TROLLING EXPERENCE! So I deeply apologize and understand if you wish to strip me from your admin and me ideals. I deeply appoloize.

Blade_Of_Truth: I'm sorry for dragging you through the mud. That quote was taken out of context and this was a week ago before he pledge to Mikal. I apologize to you.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 12:23:49 AM
Here is what would have been my Platform with RM as my VP.

Here is my platform.

Now I know Juggle hates doing updates as they have yet to update the Presidential page or prehaps they don't respect Bladerunner as President, but there is several issues that I want to see changes on. For the polls and such I have purposed that there should be submods one for the debates, opinions, polls, and 1 per forum. These submods can only mod in their categories and the 2 prime mods can over ride them. The Current mods are Airmax and [vacated by Ore_Ele] Ever since Ore_Ele stepped down we've been getting a barage of spam on the site and if we do this plan than we can see the site be cleaned up 10 fold. Airmax himself has even said that the spammars have gotten smart and learned his patterns so they know when to get on and spam.

For the front page I purposed that we change the criteria on the opinions and polls so that we don't get "Are apes better than blacks" on the front page. Also I've purposed that we allow poll/opinion creaters to delete their polls/opinions and be able to remove answers to their polls. Add the Top 5 debaters back to the front page, it didn't show who was the real top 5 debaters, but it showed that 5 online and active members who were in the 99th percentile and it was a huge momentum booster. This could help the moral of DDO users seeing their name up in lights on the first page of the website.

AAN: This opperation was done as a failed expirement and I would be able to run this for you as my record shows that I have been able to run several tournies in the past even when I was new (March Madness Tourney and Political Party Tourney). Bsh1 also promised me to have a spot in helping to organize it and I didn't recieve any recognition and the tourney fell appart. With a fixed purposal the activity would increase substantially and the debates would become interestingly better.

Voter Squad: This role which was assigned to Whiteflame. This squad was sent out to vote on unvoted debates and this expirement failed not once, but twice. I attempted to reboot it the second time, but under failed co-operation nothing got done. In turn I have fully opperated in areas where they have failed and have voted in over 1,700 debates since the begining of Bladerunner's first Presidential term. As a President, I would reesablish a voting squad with different and more reliable people and have this more organized than it was before. We cannot fully trust to give one user an entire section of unvoted debates to work on, but we can trust certain people to go through the Voting Debates tab and vote on all the unvoted debates.

Tag-Team Debates: The interest here is indeed increasing as the begining of your Presidenticy I have been in 4 tag team debates that havge been through a users account. With the current DDO format we have began to coordinate with teams and debate in PMs and the user would post it in the debate. This has been on a large increase and has been highly notiable in the Rap Battles category.

Check-ins: Airmax1227 did this during his Presidency where he would Check-in and see how users were doing and this increased his popularity among users as they got to know Airmax and vise-versa and he became popular among the users. This would show that the Presidentcy cares and would be a great accomplishment and a great new look for DDO.

Trials: I think that the currernt system is fine. Adding in a system where we have open voting or even ELO requirements then it becomes a popularity contest. Simply where the memberon trial has no chance like if it were RM or STALIN. People wouldn't listen to his arguments they would simply vote him off.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 12:26:44 AM
At 12/7/2014 12:22:19 AM, lannan13 wrote:
I, lannan13, member of DDO for the past 3 years, have a cery important announcement to make.

That you would lie about me, lie about what I have said, do so to hurt me, my friends and the people I care about, and betray me in that way, after I helped you through that dark hour in your life when you sought my counsel, has earned you a place in infamy.

That you would betray bladerunner, when he reached out to you, confirms that this pattern of behavior is a stronger indication of who you are than any apology you could make.

I am disgusted with you.
Tsar of DDO
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 12:28:39 AM
At 12/7/2014 12:26:44 AM, YYW wrote:

That you would lie about me, lie about what I have said, do so to hurt me, my friends and the people I care about, and betray me in that way, after I helped you through that dark hour in your life when you sought my counsel, has earned you a place in infamy.
wtf happened?!
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 12:29:43 AM
Blade_Of_Truth: I'm sorry for dragging you through the mud. That quote was taken out of context and this was a week ago before your pledge to Mikal. I apologize to you.

Thank you.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 12:29:54 AM

That you would betray bladerunner, when he reached out to you, confirms that this pattern of behavior is a stronger indication of who you are than any apology you could make.

I am disgusted with you.

Obvi you're just a toxic member. Lannan is here to weild the BanHammer of Truth to wipe your scourage from the Earth!

That's what he's running on right? :O
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 12:33:25 AM
At 12/7/2014 12:29:54 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

I am disgusted with you.

Obvi you're just a toxic member. Lannan is here to weild the BanHammer of Truth to wipe your scourage from the Earth!

I know you're just joking, but I am not in the mood right now.
Tsar of DDO
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 12:33:54 AM
At 12/7/2014 12:33:25 AM, YYW wrote:
At 12/7/2014 12:29:54 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

I am disgusted with you.

I know you're just joking, but I am not in the mood right now.

Oh my B.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 12:35:17 AM
So, let's get a few things clear:

1. Lannan promised to help Mikal's administration/campaign
2. Lannan promised to help Blade's administration/campaign

It seems that he lead both of them to believe he was support them, when in fact he had gone behind their backs to the other. He also did something to YYW which I am not going into, because it's not my place to discuss. And, to top it all of, he was considering running himself.

This kind of backstabbing is absolutely and utterly appalling. Those are definitely not the kinds of traits I would ever want to see in a leader of DDO. It's shameful.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 12:35:36 AM
Honesty, an unusual trait to display on the Internet.

It is time for change, a regime change that is...........
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 12:36:25 AM
At 12/7/2014 12:35:17 AM, bsh1 wrote:

It seems that he lead both of them to believe he was support them, when in fact he had gone behind their backs to the other. He also did something to YYW which I am not going into, because it's not my place to discuss. And, to top it all of, he was considering running himself.

This kind of backstabbing is absolutely and utterly appalling. Those are definitely not the kinds of traits I would ever want to see in a leader of DDO. It's shameful.

Well said.
Tsar of DDO
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 1:08:26 AM
At 12/7/2014 12:36:25 AM, YYW wrote:

Well said.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 11:49:49 AM

I agree.
I WILL DECIDE WHAT THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT. I AM SPIRITUAL, NOT RELIGIOYUS. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RELIGIOUS TO BELIEVE IN GOD, AND YOU DO WORSHIP MONEY IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR WALLET THAAN YOU DO THE POOR. YOU ARE A TROLL THAT IS OUT FOR ATTENTUION."- SitaraMusica
debatability
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 11:51:24 AM
lol even if lannan didn't engage in such backstabbing i still wouldnt vote for him

because he is lannan