Total Posts:4|Showing Posts:1-4
Jump to topic:

Daytona endorses...(If it wasn't obvious)

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 10:15:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
This year's campaign has to be one of the tightest DDO elections in the site's history. We are 5 days out from the beginning of the election, and it is a very obvious toss-up. I think that is the case because both of the campaigns are for people who really care about this site. A lot. There is no doubting that Blade and Mikal are guys who would give a kidney to DDO if someone stole the site's kidney. You cannot doubt their sheer dedication to this site. They love it. I've talked to both of these guys enough to know that this site love is genuine.

In the end, there can be only one. We have the incumbent Blade, who has the experience, and is only promising things he knows from that experience can feasibly done. Another term will likely mean consistency as from the current term, unless Juggle somehow intervenes. It harks back to the days of Airmax. We then have the 9,000 ELO man himself, Mikal, who is promising some really radical and meaningful change, but at the cost of potentially not being able to fulfill his platform. Idealism vs. Realism is the real theme of this election.

So, enough jabber. Who am I endorsing? This election, I am endorsing the Mikal/Ima ticket for the site presidency. Why him? Two reasons.

1. His platform is reminiscent of the platform I tried running on a year ago. Believe it or not, Bench actually did help me out with the creation of that platform, and with out him, I wouldn't have lasted even a day (I know I didn't last very long, but it was something). I really agree with this platform, and these changes are really what I want to see out of the site.

2. While he may not be able to fulfill all of his platform, I know that Mikal will move Heaven and Earth to try to get it done. I like that Mikal isn't bounding himself to the realism thing, and this, in my opinion, is how change happens. The changers don't obey the current laws of what is real. They change the rules so that they are able to accomplish the change they want to see. I agree with that mindset. What we will get with Mikal is someone that will fight for what he wants, not what he knows he can get.

If Blade were to become president, it certainly wouldn't be the end of DDO as we know it. But in my eyes, Mikal will be the guy who fights hard for a better DDO.

I will vote for Mikal on Friday, and I encourage all of you, who want to see changes, t do the same.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 10:16:35 AM
At 12/7/2014 10:15:10 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
This year's campaign has to be one of the tightest DDO elections in the site's history. We are 5 days out from the beginning of the election, and it is a very obvious toss-up. I think that is the case because both of the campaigns are for people who really care about this site. A lot. There is no doubting that Blade and Mikal are guys who would give a kidney to DDO if someone stole the site's kidney. You cannot doubt their sheer dedication to this site. They love it. I've talked to both of these guys enough to know that this site love is genuine.
I agree.

In the end, there can be only one. We have the incumbent Blade, who has the experience, and is only promising things he knows from that experience can feasibly done. Another term will likely mean consistency as from the current term, unless Juggle somehow intervenes. It harks back to the days of Airmax. We then have the 9,000 ELO man himself, Mikal, who is promising some really radical and meaningful change, but at the cost of potentially not being able to fulfill his platform. Idealism vs. Realism is the real theme of this election.
Yup.

So, enough jabber. Who am I endorsing? This election, I am endorsing the Mikal/Ima ticket for the site presidency. Why him? Two reasons.
Okay...

1. His platform is reminiscent of the platform I tried running on a year ago. Believe it or not, Bench actually did help me out with the creation of that platform, and with out him, I wouldn't have lasted even a day (I know I didn't last very long, but it was something). I really agree with this platform, and these changes are really what I want to see out of the site.
Cool.

2. While he may not be able to fulfill all of his platform, I know that Mikal will move Heaven and Earth to try to get it done. I like that Mikal isn't bounding himself to the realism thing, and this, in my opinion, is how change happens. The changers don't obey the current laws of what is real. They change the rules so that they are able to accomplish the change they want to see. I agree with that mindset. What we will get with Mikal is someone that will fight for what he wants, not what he knows he can get.
Ah, I see.

If Blade were to become president, it certainly wouldn't be the end of DDO as we know it. But in my eyes, Mikal will be the guy who fights hard for a better DDO.
Okay.

I will vote for Mikal on Friday, and I encourage all of you, who want to see changes, t do the same.
If you say so.
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 10:18:02 AM
Also, yes, I really did make an endorsement thread. Oh, how the mighty have fallen (If I could ever be considered mighty).
#FeeltheFreezerBern
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 11:59:30 AM
At 12/7/2014 10:18:02 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
Also, yes, I really did make an endorsement thread. Oh, how the mighty have fallen (If I could ever be considered mighty).

I remember when you ran... xD
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.