Jump to topic:

~ I support Mikal & Imabench for 2015 ~

Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 1:20:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I feel it is necessary to share with DDO why I support Mikal & Imabench for the 2015 leadership positions. It is my hope that my reasoning will make an impact on you, the voter, and that upon reflection of my own reasons - you may spend a moment to reconsider your choice if it isn't Mikal/Imabench.

Why I support Mikal

My very first interaction with Mikal was 8 months ago, I received a PM saying "hey, you seem like a really cool new member, mind voting on this debate?" At the time I already had about 10 debates done and was somewhat knowledgeable on how to vote, so I said "sure" and did so. About a week later, I had a debate that had 36 hours left for voting and it had no votes. I remembered Mikal, and decided to PM him asking for a return on the favor. Within 10 minutes, my debate had his vote on it. I was a nobody, yet Mikal, someone who was already in the 7,000 Elo range at that point, took the time to read and vote on my debate basically the moment I asked. That's pretty cool, and not many members here do that. A month or two later, I started getting involved in the Google + hangouts and soon found that Mikal and I share a very similar sense of humor about things, I think another factor as to why it was so easy for us to get along is because we both have a core confidence within. He has never folded under pressure, he is firm in his opinions and he's overcome great challenges thrown in his path throughout life which, I believe, contributed to the physical and mental dexterity he has today. Mikal was one of the few who supported me when I first birthed the idea of The Supreme Council of Determination, while others scorned, laughed, or cursed my idea saying it would never last.

Additionally, Mikal has a certain energy about him. If you've ever been in a Google hangout with him, you know exactly what I mean. Mikal has this unique power to take an empty hangout room, and have it filled and overflowing with conversation in a matter of minutes. He has fostered a close relationship with Airmax, and here's the kicker - they compliment each other perfectly. Mikal with his non-stop ideas, and Airmax with his voice of reason. Not many can truly influence Mikal, but Airmax is one of them. This is key, because a President needs to be someone who has a close relationship with the powers-that-be. Mikal would serve to be the voice of the people, someone who I truly believe would never hesitate to contact Airmax with any and all concerns and user-based ideas. With Airmax's calm demeanor and wisdom as a balance, I believe they'd make a strong combo when it comes to pitching ideas to Juggle. Mikal - the fuel for the rocket, and Airmax - the body built to pierce the atmosphere of space.

Most importantly, Mikal went through an unfortunate situation recently. We were all made aware of it by his close friend, Bluesteel, and what happened next was awesome. The community... us, we came together in support of Mikal and helped him overcome the hardship that was thrust into his life. Mikal is now in a new state, in a comfortable environment, and is working towards bettering the future for both himself and his fiancee. Here is a young man who is capable, willing, and grateful to serve DDO. He is indebted to us, which only adds fuel to the fire found in his desire to serve us as the elected official and mediator between us, moderation, and juggle.

We had his best interests in mind when we chose to help him overcome a great challenge. Now is the time to recognize that he also has our best interests in mind. I fully believe in him as a leader because I know that he will do everything in his power to make sure that the community which helped him, receives any and all help in return.

I know that he will fight to represent us in any way he can. For these reasons, among countless others, I am supporting Mikal for President.

Why I support Imabench

Imabench is a ground-breaking member here on DDO. Love him or hate him, he's left an impression. This is key, because as we saw with Bladerunners administration, having a strong president isn't enough when it comes to implementing REAL change. The religion section is still a mess, weekly updates weren't weekly, the "transparency" was nothing but things we'd know regardless of if BR said it or not.

*disclaimer: these opinions are not indicative of my opinion of him as a person, he's a great guy. BUT...

With Imabench, we saw that he is capable of maintaining a schedule for announcements, that he is not one who censors things which he believes we deserve to know, and is someone who can face trolls head-on successfully. His show 'the weekly stupid', while controversial, lasted for 3 seasons and his promise to maintain the presidential updates on a routine schedule is one that I believe he will hold true to. There is no reason to think that the efforts of past administrations in regards to the forum ambassador program can't continue under new leadership either.

I understand Imabench is a controversial member, but he is also someone who donated $500 to help Mikal's recent situation. This shows that when it truly matters, he can not only get serious - but also be one of the most generous people on DDO. This matters, and I believe that it shows that if he is given this new purpose, he will excel beyond our imaginations in upholding the position of VP in an responsible manner.

Why I support Bluesteel

As the administrations Chief of Staff, Bluesteel is the best man for the job. Here is a man who is incredibly intelligent, masterfully trained in law, and one who has immense influence here on DDO. Bluesteel is highly respected by Mikal. which is key because the role of CoS is to make sure that Mikal is performing at the best of his abilities, even if that means calling him out on his bs. There are few here who would doubt Bluesteel in a leadership role, and I think that speaks volumes on our general opinion of him. With him in a key role within the administration, there is a degree of success that follows close behind. I fully believe that he will serve to compliment Mikal throughout the term, he will provide a degree of wisdom to the administration that no other campaign has. It is that wisdom that will help ensure the success of everything the administration strives to achieve, and with him on-board, I am too.

Why I support myself

If you have a debate that reaches 72 hours or less and you have no votes, do not fret, the ability to gain votes will not disappear if Mikal wins. In fact, you will have a direct line of communication with me and several others to ensure that your debates never end with no votes.

7 months ago I set forth to create a voting group known as The Supreme Council of Determination. Our mission is simple, leave no debate unvoted or stuck in a tie. Through the course of 7 months, the Council has broken DDO records as the longest lasting and most successful voting group ever in the history of DDO. Hundreds of unvoted debates have been met with votes due to the efforts of the Council. Our members are strong, committed, and highly intelligent. While not every member of the Council would be involved in these efforts, the fact remains that I can take a group of regular DDO users and form a Voting Council that will remain strong.

I would take the knowledge I've gained over the course of these 7 months, and fully apply it to the efforts of Mikals administration. Who will do that now for our opposition? Lannan? He has no experience in leading voting groups. I have months of experience and continued success which has taught me the best methods of carrying out such endeavors through trial & error, a true learning experience.

If elected, we would all strive to serve you, the community, to the best of our abilities. We are all a part of DDO, and together, we will elevate DDO to be the best it's ever been!
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 1:37:06 PM
At 12/7/2014 1:20:57 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Thanks for sharing that.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 1:55:04 PM
At 12/7/2014 1:37:06 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
Thanks for sharing that.

It was my pleasure. I just wanted everyone to know that Mikals administration is qualified, dedicated, and ready to serve.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 1:59:16 PM
At 12/7/2014 1:55:04 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Thanks for sharing that.

It was my pleasure. I just wanted everyone to know that Mikals administration is qualified, dedicated, and ready to serve.

I appreciate you sharing something positive to help me balance everything else that's swirling around. XD
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 2:03:25 PM
*gasps*
You're not gonna vote for me and Ennie?! :<

jk jk
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 2:03:52 PM
At 12/7/2014 1:56:50 PM, Mikal wrote:
This was amazing , I hope I can only live up to the expectations everyone has of me and that I have of myself.

You've got my full faith bro.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 2:04:57 PM
At 12/7/2014 2:03:25 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
*gasps*

jk jk

Lol, you guys win my troll vote no doubt :)
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 2:48:04 PM
At 12/7/2014 2:04:57 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 12/7/2014 2:03:25 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
*gasps*

jk jk

Lol, you guys win my troll vote no doubt :)

I want the troll vote too, im greedy :)
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 3:30:14 PM
Mikal is love. Mikal is life.

Now watch as the disturbing mental images flood your dirty mind. ;D
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 3:34:49 PM
At 12/7/2014 3:21:05 PM, Wylted wrote:
Mikal Is God.

I put all my faith in him.
You heathen!!
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 3:48:22 PM
At 12/7/2014 3:30:14 PM, RevNge wrote:
Mikal is love. Mikal is life.

Oh my

Now watch as the disturbing mental images flood your dirty mind. ;D
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 4:04:15 PM
At 12/7/2014 3:57:19 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
Bennett/Otter 2015! http://www.debate.org...

lol
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 6:20:27 PM
At 12/7/2014 1:59:16 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
Thanks for sharing that.

I appreciate you sharing something positive to help me balance everything else that's swirling around. XD

No problem. I think there is too much negativity that surrounds most campaigns, so I wanted to focus on carrying on the fight for Mikal while in a positive frame.

I just hope that my thoughts have impressed some of the people who've been sitting on the fence at this point.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 6:21:14 PM
At 12/7/2014 6:20:27 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Thanks for sharing that.

No problem. I think there is too much negativity that surrounds most campaigns, so I wanted to focus on carrying on the fight for Mikal while in a positive frame.

I just hope that my thoughts have impressed some of the people who've been sitting on the fence at this point.

I suppose we'll see. :D

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 6:22:40 PM
At 12/7/2014 6:21:14 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
Thanks for sharing that.

Indeed!! Haha.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 6:23:47 PM
At 12/7/2014 6:22:40 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 12/7/2014 6:21:14 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
Thanks for sharing that.

Indeed!! Haha.

Yep! :D In my opinion, you can never have too much positivity. Thank you for adding some.

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 6:24:29 PM
At 12/7/2014 4:04:15 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

lol

Mikal&Imabench have my vote too.
I WILL DECIDE WHAT THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT. I AM SPIRITUAL, NOT RELIGIOYUS. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RELIGIOUS TO BELIEVE IN GOD, AND YOU DO WORSHIP MONEY IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR WALLET THAAN YOU DO THE POOR. YOU ARE A TROLL THAT IS OUT FOR ATTENTUION."- SitaraMusica
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 6:25:57 PM
At 12/7/2014 6:24:29 PM, SebUK wrote:
At 12/7/2014 4:04:15 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

lol

Mikal&Imabench have my vote too.

Excellent :) If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to PM me or anyone in the administration anytime and we'll gladly answer! Thank you for your support.