Total Posts:52|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

--- Why I Support Blade/Cermank ---

bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 2:31:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I just wanted, given some of the controversy that occurred last night, to revisit the substantive issues that this campaign is unfolding around. I think that this is where the debate ought to lie, anyway.

Mikal's Platform

In a word, Mikal's platform fails because it is unrealistic. His goals are not achievable, leaving me to wonder what he will actually accomplish as President. I will review each of his platform's planks and state my objections:

Moderation Policy

Firstly, there is no way that Airmax is going to get on board with the alterations that Mikal wants to make to the moderation policy. I know that this has become a huge issue on DDO of late, but we need to all be reminded that this is something that Airmax will have the final word on, not Mikal. If you are electing Mikal because you think that it will result in significant changes to the way the site is moderated, you are not casting a wise vote, because no changes will be made without Airmax's consent and involvement. And, I guarantee you, Airmax will not consent.

Secondly, I don't see how changes to the moderation policy are of pressing urgency. Mikal has listed users like RM, STALIN, and ADOL--none of whom are problems anymore, largely because Airmax acted. The only current users I have seen mentioned are Wrich and LMGIG. If there are only two members of concern, out of the whole population of DDO, then I am not sure what a heightened standard is actually going to achieve. As far as I am concerned, there are problems of far more pressing urgency that need to be taken into account; on the whole, Airmax does an excellent job of modding the site, and that is something we need to keep in mind.

Thirdly, if anyone is going to get a trial system implemented, it is Blade, as he and Airmax have a fantastic working relationship, and as Blade and Juggle already have a relationship (whereas Mikal would need to start from scratch).

Sub-forum Moderators and the Front Page

Mikal himself has acknowledged on numerous occasions that Juggle is non-responsive to DDO. Any proposed changes that require Juggle's approval, such as sub-forum moderators or redoing the front page, are therefore very unlikely to be implemented. Mikal is reaching for the stars, but, unfortunately, he'll never get past the troposphere with Juggle.

Tourneys and Votes

Really, Mikal has not given us any reason to believe he will deliver on either of these issues better than Blade. Regarding Tourney's, I was Blade's designated Tournament director. I worked on several tourneys that occurred during Blade's administration, and I know firsthand that any attempt to do much more that we did would either be too much of a time commitment for both the tournament host and the tournament's competitors, but it would also likely result in tournament fatigue. DDO did not lack for tournaments during Blade's administration, and Mikal has not given any unique ideas that blade hasn't already tried to boost the number of successful tourneys on the site.

Regarding votes, I don't think any administration could be more dedicated to votes. More debates went voted in Blade's administration than in any other administration he or I can recall. That is a massive accomplishment of his. Organizations like the Supreme Council of Determination will continue to cast votes EVEN IF Blade wins, and so we need to see what actual changes individual Presidents can make to the voting system. Blade is highly regarded as a voter--his RFDs are like novellas--and he has voted on every single debate PM'd to him within 48 hours. That is a huge personal time commitment that Blade has invested, and it shows his commitment to improve voting on the site. His trackrecord strongly indicates that Blade has made a difference in the voting system, that he is highly committed to improving voting, and that he has the time to devote to that endeavor. As for Mikal, he doesn't have a trackrecord that is even comparable to Blade's, and so really, I think Blade is the candidate most likely to deliver on this issue.

Conclusion

Mikal himself wrote that "The leading points of this campaign such as the conduct policy, sub mods, trial system, and kicking terrible members are something that is out of my control all around." In other words, voting for him means you are voting for a platform that he cannot, in all likelihood, deliver. His platform may sound nice, but, as I said before, it is totally unrealistic.

As for those parts of his platform that a president can actually control (tourneys and voting) I see no reason the believe that he could do a better job than Blade in those areas. In fact, my own experiences lead me to believe Blade could actually better deliver on these things than Mikal.

Blade's Platform

Transparency

Blade's administration has been highly transparent. His weekly updates have kept everyone informed on the goings-on of his administration, and have kept us in the loop re: DDO's affairs. I think it is safe to say he has been on of the most transparent and approachable Presidents to date, and I have every confidence that he will continue to deliver on this assurance of openness.

Voting and the Forums

I have already explained how dedicated Blade is to improving voting on the site. His efforts have been truly phenomenal. And, it is worth repeating that every request for a vote the Blade got (within 48 hours of the end of voting), Blade voted on. That is a promise no other President has been able to make, let alone deliver on. Blade also has plans to make the voting system even better, by building a special voting group that rewards/incentives good votes and by improving the sticky system to make it easier for people to know how to get votes for their debates. This segues nicely into a discussion of the forums.

Blade has already gotten permission to redo the stickies. He has already talked about this with Airmax, and has already moved on this issue. Mikal says it is something he wants to do, but Blade already has taken concrete steps to act on this problem (and he did so before this election cycle, I might add.) Blade has also spearheaded a novel new program designed to help mediate conflicts in the religion section.

The Religion Forum Ambassadors program, something I was apart of, was a program designed to reduce flamewars and the sort of vitriolic attacks common to that section of DDO. The program has been successful, and has helped cooler heads prevail on many occasions. This is a tangible success that Blade can point to that shows how his programs are having real, positive impacts on DDO.

Member Services and the AAN Program

Blade was the first president in recent memory to take concrete action on implementing the Adopt-a-Noob program. He and I have worked closely in developing ideas for the program, and have experiential knowledge of the challenges and strengths of the initial idea for the program. We also have plans on how to revise the program to make it even better and to address those challenges. Blade's concrete action on this really speak to his commitment to see this through.

Blade is also going to continue his efforts launching tournaments, which, as I have already described, have been very successful. And, what's more, Blade is always open to hearing feedback or concerns from any member of the community; in every weekly update he has posted, he has invited members to come to him to talk about any issue. His administration will be open and effective.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 2:32:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Blade's Platform (cont'd)

Conclusion

So, just to reiterate some of Blade's successes:

- First implementation of an AAN Program
- A highly Transparent administration
- Tangible action being taken on Reordering the Stickies
- A successful Religion Forum Ambassador Program
- Voting on every unvoted debate PM'd to him within 48 hours of an end to voting period.

These are all amazing accomplishments--and Mikal and Bench have nothing really substantive to rival them. Moreover, all of Blade's goals are realistic and achievable; Blade hasn't set out goals he doesn't think he can actually deliver on. To me, this shows that Blade has a better understanding of the position of the Presidency and its limits. It also means that when I compare the two platforms, I know that I can actually see one of the implemented, whereas I can't say the same about the other.

The Candidates

As for the candidates themselves, I think we've hashed a lot of this out already. But some points bear repeating, so I will repeat them.

Imabench has history of responding to conflicts in a way that only inflames the situation is concerning. He has given us no reason to believe that he will respond to such situations any differently in the future.

Moreover, he has said publically that if Mikal loses, he will no longer remain on the site. That shows that this isn't about improving DDO for Bench--Bench's actual commitment is not to the site, and that's concerning.

Cermank has none of this baggage--she is one of the nicest, most considerate users I know. frankly, I think a ticket of Blade and Cermank will be far less combustible, and will be more invested in the community, than one that includes Bench.

Concluson

I am voting for Blade because I have confidence that every member of his ticket will represent DDO with decorum, diplomacy, and thoughtfulness. I am voting for Blade because his platform his the only realistically achievable platform out there. And, I am voting for Blade because he has a record of accomplishments that show that he can and will deliver on the promises he makes.

I hope you vote for Blade too.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 2:36:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
TL;DR

Vote for Blade because he can actually deliver on the promises he has made.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 2:39:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This election is going to be like hot, angry sex between two dominants, trying to get on top- Sweaty, hard-working, and tension.

[Someone should sig that ^]
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
imabench
Posts: 21,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 2:44:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 2:39:47 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
This election is going to be like hot, angry sex between two dominants, trying to get on top- Sweaty, hard-working, and tension.

And then one person will 'finish' first and the other person will try to not act like they are disappointed

[Someone should sig that ^]
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 2:59:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 2:39:47 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
This election is going to be like hot, angry sex between two dominants, trying to get on top- Sweaty, hard-working, and tension.

[Someone should sig that ^]

Lol...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 3:15:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Signature change.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 3:18:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 2:32:00 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Blade's Platform (cont'd)

Conclusion

So, just to reiterate some of Blade's successes:

- First implementation of an AAN Program

He can do that as a regular member

- A highly Transparent administration

He has explicitly stated he is against transparency.

- Tangible action being taken on Reordering the Stickies

I think AirMax will take that action regardless of who wins.

- A successful Religion Forum Ambassador Program

Could've been done as a member.

- Voting on every unvoted debate PM'd to him within 48 hours of an end to voting period.

Could still be done with him as a member.

Really Blade has done very little to influence Juggle. We've seen more and better improvements in the site with other presidents. Blade doesn't really update is on his conversations with juggle, his updates seem to have very little substance.

The one thing I asked him for with my vote was an update to front page debates. A simple change in the algorithm so it's decided by likes. I seriously doubt he's even mentioned it to Juggle. If he has, he certainly hasn't made that public.

Why not just elect Mikal and see if an assertive approach as opposed to a meek one when dealing with juggle is superior. Maybe under Mikal's administration we can see multiple updates to the site or even just one as opposed to the zero we see from this one.

These are all amazing accomplishments--and Mikal and Bench have nothing really substantive to rival them. Moreover, all of Blade's goals are realistic and achievable; Blade hasn't set out goals he doesn't think he can actually deliver on. To me, this shows that Blade has a better understanding of the position of the Presidency and its limits. It also means that when I compare the two platforms, I know that I can actually see one of the implemented, whereas I can't say the same about the other.

It just seems like Mikal is saying he'll try his damnedest to push these changes through and not in fact promising that anyone will be responsive to his efforts.

The Candidates

As for the candidates themselves, I think we've hashed a lot of this out already. But some points bear repeating, so I will repeat them.

Imabench has history of responding to conflicts in a way that only inflames the situation is concerning. He has given us no reason to believe that he will respond to such situations any differently in the future.

Moreover, he has said publically that if Mikal loses, he will no longer remain on the site. That shows that this isn't about improving DDO for Bench--Bench's actual commitment is not to the site, and that's concerning.

Cermank has none of this baggage--she is one of the nicest, most considerate users I know. frankly, I think a ticket of Blade and Cermank will be far less combustible, and will be more invested in the community, than one that includes Bench.

Concluson

I am voting for Blade because I have confidence that every member of his ticket will represent DDO with decorum, diplomacy, and thoughtfulness. I am voting for Blade because his platform his the only realistically achievable platform out there. And, I am voting for Blade because he has a record of accomplishments that show that he can and will deliver on the promises he makes.

I hope you vote for Blade too.
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 3:48:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 3:18:07 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/7/2014 2:32:00 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Blade's Platform (cont'd)

Conclusion

So, just to reiterate some of Blade's successes:

- First implementation of an AAN Program

He can do that as a regular member

Not really. The AAN program benefits infinity from the fact that it is given official support, and run by the President. The same is true of the ambassador program.

- A highly Transparent administration

He has explicitly stated he is against transparency.

We're talking about transparency on different kinds of issues. Transparency on mod decisions, which is what I believe your mentioning, is not something Mikal can deliver on because Airmax won't do it.

- Tangible action being taken on Reordering the Stickies

I think AirMax will take that action regardless of who wins.

Maybe, but he and Blade have already begun the work. Mikal will be playing catch-up.

- Voting on every unvoted debate PM'd to him within 48 hours of an end to voting period.

Could still be done with him as a member.

True, but it shows his dedication to improving voting--a dedication Mikal has not displayed yet. Plus, this doesn't address Blade's additional plans to improve voting.

Why not just elect Mikal and see if an assertive approach as opposed to a meek one when dealing with juggle is superior. Maybe under Mikal's administration we can see multiple updates to the site or even just one as opposed to the zero we see from this one.

This isn't an issue of being assertive vs. meek. This is an issue of Juggle's responsiveness. If Juggle doesn't care about the site, being too assertive is just going to tick them off. The fact is: Juggle doesn't care. If it doesn't care, no approach is going to convince them to act.

If you want to talk more about Juggle, we can do so via PM.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 4:00:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 3:48:37 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/7/2014 3:18:07 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/7/2014 2:32:00 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Blade's Platform (cont'd)

Conclusion

So, just to reiterate some of Blade's successes:

- First implementation of an AAN Program

He can do that as a regular member

Not really. The AAN program benefits infinity from the fact that it is given official support, and run by the President. The same is true of the ambassador program.

- A highly Transparent administration

He has explicitly stated he is against transparency.

We're talking about transparency on different kinds of issues. Transparency on mod decisions, which is what I believe your mentioning, is not something Mikal can deliver on because Airmax won't do it.

- Tangible action being taken on Reordering the Stickies

I think AirMax will take that action regardless of who wins.

Maybe, but he and Blade have already begun the work. Mikal will be playing catch-up.

- Voting on every unvoted debate PM'd to him within 48 hours of an end to voting period.

Could still be done with him as a member.

True, but it shows his dedication to improving voting--a dedication Mikal has not displayed yet. Plus, this doesn't address Blade's additional plans to improve voting.

Why not just elect Mikal and see if an assertive approach as opposed to a meek one when dealing with juggle is superior. Maybe under Mikal's administration we can see multiple updates to the site or even just one as opposed to the zero we see from this one.

This isn't an issue of being assertive vs. meek. This is an issue of Juggle's responsiveness. If Juggle doesn't care about the site, being too assertive is just going to tick them off. The fact is: Juggle doesn't care. If it doesn't care, no approach is going to convince them to act.

If you want to talk more about Juggle, we can do so via PM.

If they're unresponsive then the decision on who to appoint president is unimportant.

I can PM AirMax and get his ear as well. I don't see the president's relationship with him of any importance.

I'll PM you.
debatability
Posts: 1,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 4:02:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 2:31:46 PM, bsh1 wrote:

+1
I was thinking about making a post about my thoughts, but youve basically said everything i would say, lol
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 4:04:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 4:00:52 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/7/2014 3:48:37 PM, bsh1 wrote:
If you want to talk more about Juggle, we can do so via PM.

If they're unresponsive then the decision on who to appoint president is unimportant.

I disagree, because the President still sets the tone for the site and acts as a focal point for organizing various site initiatives.

I'll PM you.

Okay.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 4:05:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 4:02:42 PM, debatability wrote:
At 12/7/2014 2:31:46 PM, bsh1 wrote:

+1
I was thinking about making a post about my thoughts, but youve basically said everything i would say, lol

Sweet :)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 4:39:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 2:31:46 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Whelp, time to wrap it up everyone. We know who's winning this one now.

Joking aside, these are my thoughts exactly and it's why I support bladerunner and Cermank in this election.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 4:40:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 4:39:14 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 12/7/2014 2:31:46 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Whelp, time to wrap it up everyone. We know who's winning this one now.

Lol...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 6:08:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 5:41:59 PM, Mirza wrote:
Excellent comment, bsh.

Thanks.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Unitomic
Posts: 591
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 6:40:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I support Blade, because Mikals cheap tactics against Lannan (and his love with noobsniping) as shown he doesn't care about the site. He cares about winning. He doesn't care about supporting us, he cares about how we can give him victory.
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 6:45:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 6:40:19 PM, Unitomic wrote:
I support Blade, because Mikals cheap tactics against Lannan (and his love with noobsniping) as shown he doesn't care about the site. He cares about winning. He doesn't care about supporting us, he cares about how we can give him victory.

(a) That was not a tactic, it was transparency that needed to be aired out. You can think what you will but I can assure you that I would have responded to his campaign, ideas, or anything in general if he decided to run. However there are certain issues that need to be brought out , just as they have with bench

(b) Resolution sniping is a part of debate, if you don't want to argue the resolution don't decide on that resolution. There are few debates far and between, but I can assure you I can hold my own with anyone on the site. Go view my debate with roy, my abortion debates, or even my recent Global warming debate.

(C) This is the only thing you have said that partly erks me. I love the site, and always will love the site. This site is like a home to me . You are welcome to think what you will, but to put it bluntly your flat wrong. No one on the site , not even my opposition questions my love for it. You are entitled to think what you will about anything you want, that does not make it correct though

My love for the site is something that is nearly non contestable.
Unitomic
Posts: 591
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 7:02:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 6:45:02 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/7/2014 6:40:19 PM, Unitomic wrote:
I support Blade, because Mikals cheap tactics against Lannan (and his love with noobsniping) as shown he doesn't care about the site. He cares about winning. He doesn't care about supporting us, he cares about how we can give him victory.

(a) That was not a tactic, it was transparency that needed to be aired out. You can think what you will but I can assure you that I would have responded to his campaign, ideas, or anything in general if he decided to run. However there are certain issues that need to be brought out , just as they have with bench
No, the way you blew it and it's meaning out of proportion was cheap. And you keep talking about how you would have argued his platform if presented, except why do that when you can shame him out of the race before that platform could be given? You tried to heavily discredit him before he could even have a chance to discuss his points. And saying he could still run is pointless. The whole idea that you can't run people away, because they still have the freedom to stay, is just a pathetic excuse you trolls use to protect yours actions.

(b) Resolution sniping is a part of debate, if you don't want to argue the resolution don't decide on that resolution. There are few debates far and between, but I can assure you I can hold my own with anyone on the site. Go view my debate with roy, my abortion debates, or even my recent Global warming debate.

I never said resolution sniping. I said noobsniping. And abortion debates mean nothing. Few pro-choicers will ever give a pro-lifer the bigger votes. And I've heard quite a few things about your means of acquiring victory in those debates. You don't care about anything but the victory. You don't want to represent our interests, you want just another victory.
(C) This is the only thing you have said that partly erks me. I love the site, and always will love the site. This site is like a home to me . You are welcome to think what you will, but to put it bluntly your flat wrong. No one on the site , not even my opposition questions my love for it. You are entitled to think what you will about anything you want, that does not make it correct though

I never said you hate the site. In fact I would love to see it pointed out where I did say that. But simply loving a site isn't the same as being the right person for the job. You love victory more.
My love for the site is something that is nearly non contestable.

As is my love for my nation, but I would never claim to be the best candidate for leader.
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 7:11:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 7:02:56 PM, Unitomic wrote:
At 12/7/2014 6:45:02 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/7/2014 6:40:19 PM, Unitomic wrote:
I support Blade, because Mikals cheap tactics against Lannan (and his love with noobsniping) as shown he doesn't care about the site. He cares about winning. He doesn't care about supporting us, he cares about how we can give him victory.

(a) That was not a tactic, it was transparency that needed to be aired out. You can think what you will but I can assure you that I would have responded to his campaign, ideas, or anything in general if he decided to run. However there are certain issues that need to be brought out , just as they have with bench
No, the way you blew it and it's meaning out of proportion was cheap. And you keep talking about how you would have argued his platform if presented, except why do that when you can shame him out of the race before that platform could be given? You tried to heavily discredit him before he could even have a chance to discuss his points. And saying he could still run is pointless. The whole idea that you can't run people away, because they still have the freedom to stay, is just a pathetic excuse you trolls use to protect yours actions.

Again that is a fallacy. Saying someone can literally make someone not do something is not logical. I can no physically force him to stop running. As I have stated, his actions should have been brought to light just as benches, mirazs, and mine have. That is a part of the election. If you can't be trusted to hold a position that is given to you, you can't be trusted to run for president. Especially in this type of time frame. The second he decided to run this argument would have came from everywhere else as well. I just decided to speed up the process and have him stop going behind everyones back.

(b) Resolution sniping is a part of debate, if you don't want to argue the resolution don't decide on that resolution. There are few debates far and between, but I can assure you I can hold my own with anyone on the site. Go view my debate with roy, my abortion debates, or even my recent Global warming debate.

I never said resolution sniping. I said noobsniping. And abortion debates mean nothing. Few pro-choicers will ever give a pro-lifer the bigger votes. And I've heard quite a few things about your means of acquiring victory in those debates. You don't care about anything but the victory. You don't want to represent our interests, you want just another victory.

I won because I had the better argument for the specific resolution. Its a pretty simple concept. If I cheated for my wins, I can assure you max would have banned me ages ago. I am a skilled debater in some ways, I am not the best but I am good.

(C) This is the only thing you have said that partly erks me. I love the site, and always will love the site. This site is like a home to me . You are welcome to think what you will, but to put it bluntly your flat wrong. No one on the site , not even my opposition questions my love for it. You are entitled to think what you will about anything you want, that does not make it correct though

I never said you hate the site. In fact I would love to see it pointed out where I did say that. But simply loving a site isn't the same as being the right person for the job. You love victory more.

I never stated that you said I hated it, look at what I wrote and not at what you think i wrote. I stated verbatim that you said, I did not care for the site. Which you did. Its in your comment word for word, which is false. Loving hte site in this situation does entail being the right person for the job when the person loving the site as me. By your own logic which is false (if i have enough power to win debates without effort, even enough to beat the most liked and valuable debater on the site by the widest margin he has ever lost) I am sure I have enough pull to do what is necessary to make changes.

My love for the site is something that is nearly non contestable.

As is my love for my nation, but I would never claim to be the best candidate for leader.

The issue is im the DDO equivalent of Ronald Regan
Unitomic
Posts: 591
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 8:00:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 7:11:03 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/7/2014 7:02:56 PM, Unitomic wrote:
At 12/7/2014 6:45:02 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/7/2014 6:40:19 PM, Unitomic wrote:
I support Blade, because Mikals cheap tactics against Lannan (and his love with noobsniping) as shown he doesn't care about the site. He cares about winning. He doesn't care about supporting us, he cares about how we can give him victory.

(a) That was not a tactic, it was transparency that needed to be aired out. You can think what you will but I can assure you that I would have responded to his campaign, ideas, or anything in general if he decided to run. However there are certain issues that need to be brought out , just as they have with bench
No, the way you blew it and it's meaning out of proportion was cheap. And you keep talking about how you would have argued his platform if presented, except why do that when you can shame him out of the race before that platform could be given? You tried to heavily discredit him before he could even have a chance to discuss his points. And saying he could still run is pointless. The whole idea that you can't run people away, because they still have the freedom to stay, is just a pathetic excuse you trolls use to protect yours actions.

Again that is a fallacy. Saying someone can literally make someone not do something is not logical. I can no physically force him to stop running. As I have stated, his actions should have been brought to light just as benches, mirazs, and mine have. That is a part of the election. If you can't be trusted to hold a position that is given to you, you can't be trusted to run for president. Especially in this type of time frame. The second he decided to run this argument would have came from everywhere else as well. I just decided to speed up the process and have him stop going behind everyones back.

Again, a pathetic excuse to continue your cheap tactics. It's like saying the KKK couldn't force black to stop voting because technically they could have still gone to the polls. Or like saying Hitler's men weren't at fault for getting him elected by posting guards at the polls chanting threats of harm, because technically the voters could still put in a vote against him. You may not be threatening harm, but you can in fact ruin the site for people by harrassing them, and you can put a dark shadow on someones campaign before it even starts. But any excuse to justify your actions I guess. And I'm not talking about bringing up their actions, I'm talking about you exxagerating it's meaning and value to discredit an opponent before they could even post their candidacy.
(b) Resolution sniping is a part of debate, if you don't want to argue the resolution don't decide on that resolution. There are few debates far and between, but I can assure you I can hold my own with anyone on the site. Go view my debate with roy, my abortion debates, or even my recent Global warming debate.

I never said resolution sniping. I said noobsniping. And abortion debates mean nothing. Few pro-choicers will ever give a pro-lifer the bigger votes. And I've heard quite a few things about your means of acquiring victory in those debates. You don't care about anything but the victory. You don't want to represent our interests, you want just another victory.

I won because I had the better argument for the specific resolution. Its a pretty simple concept. If I cheated for my wins, I can assure you max would have banned me ages ago. I am a skilled debater in some ways, I am not the best but I am good.

You won because you attacked people who hardly had time to get use to what people here looked for in a debate. After that, you won by resolution manipulation, and from what everyone has told me, there's apparently a few "friends" who have glided you to victory. You don't deserve most of your victories. A cheap victory is not the same as a real victory.
(C) This is the only thing you have said that partly erks me. I love the site, and always will love the site. This site is like a home to me . You are welcome to think what you will, but to put it bluntly your flat wrong. No one on the site , not even my opposition questions my love for it. You are entitled to think what you will about anything you want, that does not make it correct though

I never said you hate the site. In fact I would love to see it pointed out where I did say that. But simply loving a site isn't the same as being the right person for the job. You love victory more.

I never stated that you said I hated it, look at what I wrote and not at what you think i wrote. I stated verbatim that you said, I did not care for the site. Which you did. Its in your comment word for word, which is false. Loving hte site in this situation does entail being the right person for the job when the person loving the site as me. By your own logic which is false (if i have enough power to win debates without effort, even enough to beat the most liked and valuable debater on the site by the widest margin he has ever lost) I am sure I have enough pull to do what is necessary to make changes.

Then why would you bring it up. It does not show your a better candidate. It means nothing of the effect. Hitler and Mao loved their nations, but they left them in Shambles. And before you claim Appeal to Hitler, I point out it's not a real fallacy. And if treated as a fallacy, it's informal. It's only wrong it I compare you to hitler without substantiation. I didn't compare you to hitler. I used him as an example of whats flawed in your statement. You don't have the power to win without effort, you cheat yourself into victory through trickery or through beating down people who haven't even figured out their own debate styles yet.

My love for the site is something that is nearly non contestable.

As is my love for my nation, but I would never claim to be the best candidate for leader.

The issue is im the DDO equivalent of Ronald Regan
You are no Ronald Regan.
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 8:07:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 8:00:42 PM, Unitomic wrote:

I would continue to respond to the rest of this but it's becoming unproductive. I have explained in detail how you are using circular logic and presenting fallacies while contradicting yourself at the same time. You are free to think what you will though. I have explained in detail how those views are incorrect, and you continue to raise the same points when I went into detail about how they were wrong and explained why. At this point it literally is unproductive to debate in circles. I would advise you to re read what I wrote though. I explained it clearly enough.
Unitomic
Posts: 591
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 8:09:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 8:07:44 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/7/2014 8:00:42 PM, Unitomic wrote:

I would continue to respond to the rest of this but it's becoming unproductive. I have explained in detail how you are using circular logic and presenting fallacies while contradicting yourself at the same time. You are free to think what you will though. I have explained in detail how those views are incorrect, and you continue to raise the same points when I went into detail about how they were wrong and explained why. At this point it literally is unproductive to debate in circles. I would advise you to re read what I wrote though. I explained it clearly enough.
You've hardly proven anything. The Troll Defense doesn't work. But use it all you will. Afterall it's the only defence you have. Troll.
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 8:12:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 8:09:22 PM, Unitomic wrote:
At 12/7/2014 8:07:44 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/7/2014 8:00:42 PM, Unitomic wrote:

I would continue to respond to the rest of this but it's becoming unproductive. I have explained in detail how you are using circular logic and presenting fallacies while contradicting yourself at the same time. You are free to think what you will though. I have explained in detail how those views are incorrect, and you continue to raise the same points when I went into detail about how they were wrong and explained why. At this point it literally is unproductive to debate in circles. I would advise you to re read what I wrote though. I explained it clearly enough.
You've hardly proven anything. The Troll Defense doesn't work. But use it all you will. Afterall it's the only defence you have. Troll.

That is hardly a response, I have explained this in detail as I stated in the last post. When you chose to read it, let me know , then we can continue the discussion until then, this is not that productive because the same thing is being stated over and over after it was refuted
Unitomic
Posts: 591
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 8:23:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 8:12:35 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/7/2014 8:09:22 PM, Unitomic wrote:
At 12/7/2014 8:07:44 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/7/2014 8:00:42 PM, Unitomic wrote:

I would continue to respond to the rest of this but it's becoming unproductive. I have explained in detail how you are using circular logic and presenting fallacies while contradicting yourself at the same time. You are free to think what you will though. I have explained in detail how those views are incorrect, and you continue to raise the same points when I went into detail about how they were wrong and explained why. At this point it literally is unproductive to debate in circles. I would advise you to re read what I wrote though. I explained it clearly enough.
You've hardly proven anything. The Troll Defense doesn't work. But use it all you will. Afterall it's the only defence you have. Troll.

That is hardly a response, I have explained this in detail as I stated in the last post. When you chose to read it, let me know , then we can continue the discussion until then, this is not that productive because the same thing is being stated over and over after it was refuted
Seems to me you're the only one who believes you've absolved any issues.
But that won't matter. Once you have power to remove "toxic" members, you can simply ban your opposition with constructed excuses.
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 8:25:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 8:23:53 PM, Unitomic wrote:
At 12/7/2014 8:12:35 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/7/2014 8:09:22 PM, Unitomic wrote:
At 12/7/2014 8:07:44 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/7/2014 8:00:42 PM, Unitomic wrote:

I would continue to respond to the rest of this but it's becoming unproductive. I have explained in detail how you are using circular logic and presenting fallacies while contradicting yourself at the same time. You are free to think what you will though. I have explained in detail how those views are incorrect, and you continue to raise the same points when I went into detail about how they were wrong and explained why. At this point it literally is unproductive to debate in circles. I would advise you to re read what I wrote though. I explained it clearly enough.
You've hardly proven anything. The Troll Defense doesn't work. But use it all you will. Afterall it's the only defence you have. Troll.

That is hardly a response, I have explained this in detail as I stated in the last post. When you chose to read it, let me know , then we can continue the discussion until then, this is not that productive because the same thing is being stated over and over after it was refuted
Seems to me you're the only one who believes you've absolved any issues.
But that won't matter. Once you have power to remove "toxic" members, you can simply ban your opposition with constructed excuses.

I don't have the power to ban anyone, if the trial system comes into effect that will be in the hands of community. Granted I have no idea why you are using this a critque because blade used it in his platform as well lol
Unitomic
Posts: 591
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 8:25:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/7/2014 8:25:01 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/7/2014 8:23:53 PM, Unitomic wrote:
At 12/7/2014 8:12:35 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/7/2014 8:09:22 PM, Unitomic wrote:
At 12/7/2014 8:07:44 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/7/2014 8:00:42 PM, Unitomic wrote:

I would continue to respond to the rest of this but it's becoming unproductive. I have explained in detail how you are using circular logic and presenting fallacies while contradicting yourself at the same time. You are free to think what you will though. I have explained in detail how those views are incorrect, and you continue to raise the same points when I went into detail about how they were wrong and explained why. At this point it literally is unproductive to debate in circles. I would advise you to re read what I wrote though. I explained it clearly enough.
You've hardly proven anything. The Troll Defense doesn't work. But use it all you will. Afterall it's the only defence you have. Troll.

That is hardly a response, I have explained this in detail as I stated in the last post. When you chose to read it, let me know , then we can continue the discussion until then, this is not that productive because the same thing is being stated over and over after it was refuted
Seems to me you're the only one who believes you've absolved any issues.
But that won't matter. Once you have power to remove "toxic" members, you can simply ban your opposition with constructed excuses.

I don't have the power to ban anyone, if the trial system comes into effect that will be in the hands of community. Granted I have no idea why you are using this a critque because blade used it in his platform as well lol

KFC