Jump to topic:

Independent Polling - DDO ELECTION

Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 4:42:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
After requesting as much from Bladerunner and Mikal's individual administrations, I decided it would be fun to play the role of independent pollster for the upcoming DDO Presidential election. I have commitments to a Model UN Crisis Committee where my role demands I do polling far more extensive than this one, so any thoughts, criticisms, or compliments would be appreciated! Thanks for your consideration!

POLL INFO

A pool of 50 active users were selected to be polled. Of these 50, between 20 and 30 responded before the deadline. Since no more than around 100-150 users can be expected to feasibly vote in the upcoming election (correct me if I am wrong), the margin of error is relatively low.

The questions were phrased as neutrally as possible and approved by both main candidates before being issued. The questionnaire consisted of 8 multiple choice questions, which could be responded to with any of the options listed. All percentages are rounded to the nearest whole number.

Good luck to both candidates!

POLL RESULTS

Question 1
Do you consider the issue of user toxicity an important factor in determining your vote for the upcoming presidential election?

Yes - 38%
No - 27%
Not sure/Undecided - 35%

Question 2
Do you consider the implementation of a trial system an important factor in determining your vote for the upcoming presidential election?

Yes - 50%
No - 31%
Not sure/Undecided - 29%

Question 3
Do you carry a favourable opinion of Bluesteel as a chief of staff?

Yes - 65%
No - 15%
Not sure/Undecided - 20%

Question 4
Do you carry a favourable opinion of Thett3 as a chief of staff?

Yes - 69%
No - 11%
Not sure/Undecided - 20%

Question 5
Do you carry a favourable opinion of Imabench as a site vice president?

Yes - 35%
No - 54%
Not sure/Undecided - 11%

Question 6
Do you carry a favourable opinion of Cermank as a site vice president?

Yes - 54%
No - 8%
Not sure/Undecided - 38%

Question 7
On balance, were you satisfied with the outcomes of bladerunner060"s previous term in office?

Yes - 46%
No - 31%
Not sure/Undecided - 23%

Question 8
As of the time of this inquiry, which campaign do you plan on voting for in the DDO presidential election on December 12th?

Mikal's Campaign - 35%
Bladerunner060's Campaign - 35%
Other Campaign - 11%
Not sure/Undecided - 19%
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 4:42:42 PM
POLL ANALYSIS
All signs from this poll indicate a tight race that - as almost all are - will be placed in the hands of those who are currently undecided.

Things of note from these results is that both chiefs of staff beat their respective VP in terms of favourability amongst voters. More voters viewed Thett3 favourably as an elected official than any other topic of inquiry.

Cermank was viewed with the less disfavour than any other candidate in the race, and her opposing VP was viewed with the most disfavour.

Also of note is that this poll began on Saturday Morning and ended Sunday Night - when the poll started, Bladerunner maintained a lead over Mikal that fluctuated occasionally in favour of his opponent but only really balanced itself out towards the end of polling.

In addition, for a portion of polling, those who were undecided or unsure about Blade's VP candidate (Cermank) dominated the category with a majority. Approval of imabench fluctuated from being split down the middle to stacked against him. This suggests a rapidly changing state of mind concerning the approval ratings of both vice presidents.

In regard to the first two questions, criticisms were raised by a few users about their clarity. This was intentional on the part of those who wrote the poll and, for the most part, sought to clarify how caught up most DDO users were in the hot topics of this election cycle.

In summary, this independent poll concludes that the current presidential election is a toss-up and that it's fate rests entirely in the hands of those who are still undecided, not surprisingly.

If you have any questions concerning how the polls were conducted, ask them in this thread or PM me personally.

If no one responds to this thread (*offended*), I will regularly bump it for the convenience of voters and advocates of both campaigns, who should see it when considering where they place their vote.

Thanks for reading!
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 4:44:11 PM
Very close indeed.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 4:52:55 PM
At 12/7/2014 4:50:06 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
This will definitely be an exciting election :)
Indeed it will!

It was very fun watching the statistics in favour of each candidate fluctuate; and annoying people until they completed the survey.

Speaking of which, in case I didn't, I would like to thank all those who participated in the poll for taking the time to complete the survey, and for putting up with me. lol.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 4:58:52 PM
It's not as close as you think.

My belief is that a certain demographic was left out of the polling and that demographic has a very clear bias.
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 5:04:00 PM
At 12/7/2014 4:58:52 PM, Wylted wrote:
It's not as close as you think.

My belief is that a certain demographic was left out of the polling and that demographic has a very clear bias.
Which demographic would that be?

I did forget to mention one thing - users who are official parts of either campaign or took *major* roles in designing either of the two were specifically omitted from polling (meaning official positions).

The reasoning as to why should be self-explanatory, but if one side's cabinet is larger than the other, this could explain a slight disproportion in the votes.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
That1User
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 5:06:05 PM
At 12/7/2014 4:42:42 PM, Daltonian wrote:
POLL ANALYSIS
All signs from this poll indicate a tight race that - as almost all are - will be placed in the hands of those who are currently undecided.

Things of note from these results is that both chiefs of staff beat their respective VP in terms of favourability amongst voters. More voters viewed Thett3 favourably as an elected official than any other topic of inquiry.

Cermank was viewed with the less disfavour than any other candidate in the race, and her opposing VP was viewed with the most disfavour.

Also of note is that this poll began on Saturday Morning and ended Sunday Night - when the poll started, Bladerunner maintained a lead over Mikal that fluctuated occasionally in favour of his opponent but only really balanced itself out towards the end of polling.

In addition, for a portion of polling, those who were undecided or unsure about Blade's VP candidate (Cermank) dominated the category with a majority. Approval of imabench fluctuated from being split down the middle to stacked against him. This suggests a rapidly changing state of mind concerning the approval ratings of both vice presidents.

In regard to the first two questions, criticisms were raised by a few users about their clarity. This was intentional on the part of those who wrote the poll and, for the most part, sought to clarify how caught up most DDO users were in the hot topics of this election cycle.

In summary, this independent poll concludes that the current presidential election is a toss-up and that it's fate rests entirely in the hands of those who are still undecided, not surprisingly.

If you have any questions concerning how the polls were conducted, ask them in this thread or PM me personally.

If no one responds to this thread (*offended*), I will regularly bump it for the convenience of voters and advocates of both campaigns, who should see it when considering where they place their vote.

Thanks for reading!

I myself am undecided. Hopefully I do not make the wrong decision if I vote.
"Our life is what our thoughts make it."
R13; Marcus Aurelius
"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius
"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." -Voltaire
"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do. "-Voltaire
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 5:10:32 PM
At 12/7/2014 5:06:05 PM, That1User wrote:
You should vote! The election is in your hands! :)

It is my opinion that both candidates would make more than satisfactory presidents; the issue just lies in which one would be better.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
That1User
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 5:11:41 PM
At 12/7/2014 5:10:32 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 12/7/2014 5:06:05 PM, That1User wrote:
You should vote! The election is in your hands! :)

It is my opinion that both candidates would make more than satisfactory presidents; the issue just lies in which one would be better.

I agree that both are good canadiates but I am not sure which one is better.
R13; Marcus Aurelius
"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 5:14:28 PM
I just want to point out that 95% of front page threads are campaign related, as of a couple of minute ago:

http://i62.tinypic.com...

This a sign that this half-year's election is tight enough and important enough to devolve into a cesspool of political BS.
0x5f3759df
That1User
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 5:17:48 PM
At 12/7/2014 5:14:28 PM, Bullish wrote:
I just want to point out that 95% of front page threads are campaign related, as of a couple of minute ago:

Interesting statistic
This a sign that this half-year's election is tight enough and important enough to devolve into a cesspool of political BS.
Lol XD You're funny.
R13; Marcus Aurelius
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 5:21:55 PM
At 12/7/2014 5:14:28 PM, Bullish wrote:

Wouldn't that necessitate that either candidate would have to be actively willing to BS voters?

If so, why do you think either campaign would want to do this?

If not, is it a passive thing then? Why are we politicizing this year's election more than previous ones, and why does overt concern signify "BS" rather than the campaigns genuinely getting more people to care?
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 8:01:12 PM
I think this polling data is actually really interesting, largely because some of the numbers surprised me (though I am not going to say which, just to annoy anyone wondering).
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 8:01:45 PM
At 12/7/2014 8:01:12 PM, bsh1 wrote:
I think this polling data is actually really interesting, largely because some of the numbers surprised me (though I am not going to say which, just to annoy anyone wondering).

We're very annoyed, in case if you didn't notice.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 8:04:19 PM
At 12/7/2014 8:01:45 PM, RevNge wrote:

Sorry, Rev. *hugs*
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 8:05:15 PM
At 12/7/2014 8:04:19 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Sorry, Rev. *hugs*

I'm trying to be annoyed with you, in case if you didn't notice. That hug isn't helping. :P

*hugs back anyway*
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 8:09:36 PM
At 12/7/2014 8:05:15 PM, RevNge wrote:

Sorry, Rev. *hugs*

I'm trying to be annoyed with you, in case if you didn't notice. That hug isn't helping. :P

*hugs back anyway*

And I just said "in case if you didn't notice" twice, in case if you didn't notice. ;3
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 10:44:18 PM
Cermank was viewed with less disfavour than any other candidate in the race, and her opposing VP was viewed with the most disfavour.

my grammar nazism demands I fix this
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 11:01:40 PM
At 12/7/2014 8:05:15 PM, RevNge wrote:

Sorry, Rev. *hugs*

*hugs back anyway*

*tells you you're a great person*
*dares you to be annoyed with me*
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics