Jump to topic:

Platform summary

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 5:27:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am going to lay this out with my goals and objectives, as the other platform was long and drawn out

What I want to do in short

(1) Re draw a line in the moderation policy that allows members to be less accountable for minor offenses and focusing on members that actually need to be banned.

(2) Work on a trial system that is effective and productive.

Note : Regardless of what other people have said about the trial system, the entire base of it was worked out by Aaron and myself. Any additions are fine, I just want to state we took the initiative to actually implement and work on an objective way to make it work.

(3) Change the front page

(4) Implement Ragnars user guide on the front page or on a sticky thread

(5) Increase high quality debates and tournaments

(6) Work on higher quality voting efforts

(7) Work on fan fics of the week, and fan fic competitions

(8) Work on incentives in general to keep members interested (voting incentives etc)

(9) Implement an open administration

(10) Actually give you transparency. Anyone that knows me, knows this is something I will deliver on. I am not one for BS at all, and I quick to call it out

(11) Work on cleaning up the polls, opinions, and specifically the religious forums

(12) Weekly updates in the form of youtube videos and google plus, to keep it interesting and fun to watch.

(13) Sub mods

There are a lot of sub goals that I want to accomplish as well, here are just a few

(a) Maintain and revitalize the AAN tournament and program
(b) Work on getting RFD limits stretched from 2k to 10k to keep RFDS out of the comments
(c) Work on specific and practical voting encouragement
(d) Drop the number of characters it takes to write in the opinions section by half

These are just the ones off my head and there are a whole lot more

- Why you should vote for me -

The thing I keep getting is that I won't be able to achieve my platform, that is entirely false. I may have difficulty fighting for the trial system and re drawing the line on the moderation policy but anyone that knows me, knows that I will fight for it with my last breath.

The most accurate depiction of my character was written by daytona and it remains true. I'm the type of person with the type of determination that can move heaven and earth when I set my mind to something.

There is a huge strawman from people saying that I cannot achieve my platform. They are picking the two hardest selling points, and saying I can never achieve it. The fact is I'm motivated enough to push for it more than anyone else on the site, and that the rest of my platform I can do without or without juggle.

I can increase voting efforts and higher quality votes, I can increase tournaments, I can deliver transparency and do not giving a flying flip about my demeanor and how I deliver it to you. I am not a person to put on a mask for the sake of politics. I will shoot straight with you. I know for a fact I can work on implementing ragnars user guide, and I know without enough push I can make a valid and hopeful change for the front page. I can deliver votes of the week, fan fics of the week, debates of the week, and weekly updates that are entertaining and fun to watch and that will not stop coming. I will have an open administration and I will here everyone's ideas and work with them in any way I can. I can promise you sub mods in a sense. I may not have the power to remove the comments and threads myself, but I can promise you my administration will help find and seek out horrible material and bring it moderation for them to delete. I can make a solid push for the polls and ops to be filtered, even If I have to go through every damn poll and report the crap myself.

It is not my job to interact for you guys, it's your job to interact. It's my job to give you an environment to thrive in and help you interact to promote site growth. As others have said, I have the capability to talk to anyone for hours and give fill an empty room in seconds. No one questions my personality, everyone questions how level headed I am. Those that know my job history and interact with me on a day to day basis and how I am in real life are in my administration. I can and will implement and strong administration that accomplishes it's goals.

Everyone says I can't deliver and won't keep my goals. I can assure you that is blatantly false. 70 percent or more of my platform can be achieved by my own effort, and the platform is ever evolving when members work with me to give me ideas about site improvement.

Most of all , know that I am a person that accomplishes his goal. I joined the site and wanted to reach the top of the leaderboard, it took me 7 months. Prior to me it took someone 5 years to get that high. I wanted to beat Roy to showcase that I can beat one of the most viable players on the site, I not only beat him but I beat him by the widest margin he ever lost on a debate about the dealt penalty. I was on the site for 8 months and elected into the hall of fame by an overwhelming number of votes, which was one of the shortest if not the shortest roads to the hall of fame in DDO history.

Don't let anyone tell you that I won't achieve my goals, because I will and I always have. If you consider me anything consider me the peoples champion. I will never put up a facade, I will never hide crap from you guys, I never will be fake, and I will always shoot straight with you while accomplishing what I promise you. If you want a president that will interact with you on a personal level, build a friendship with you, and overall work with you to change DDO, i'm that guy

I hate the same type of faith in my administration as I have in myself. Ima has devoted for time and hours into DDO than almost in single one member on the site and loves it dearly. Bluesteel is about to finish nearly 8 years of college, along with being one of the most accomplished members on the site. Bot is someone that goes out of his way to make sure votes are handled and taken care of, even if it is a short request by his will or by the help of his council.

There are many more valuable members and even members that are not known that have faith in me. I ask you to have that same type of faith in me and let me do everything I can do what needs to be done and help the site improve

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Be the change you want to see. We can't change the site by ourselves but we can change it with your faith and with your help.

Mikal / Ima 2015
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 5:39:48 PM
I support you 100%. You probably shouldn't mention it takes bluesteel 8 years to finish college when most people only take 4, but whatever floats your boat.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 5:43:48 PM
At 12/7/2014 5:39:48 PM, Wylted wrote:
I support you 100%. You probably shouldn't mention it takes bluesteel 8 years to finish college when most people only take 4, but whatever floats your boat.

8 year degree*
DarthKirones
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 9:57:58 PM
At 12/7/2014 5:27:40 PM, Mikal wrote:
I am going to lay this out with my goals and objectives, as the other platform was long and drawn out

What I want to do in short

(1) Re draw a line in the moderation policy that allows members to be less accountable for minor offenses and focusing on members that actually need to be banned.
I approve
(2) Work on a trial system that is effective and productive.
I approve
Note : Regardless of what other people have said about the trial system, the entire base of it was worked out by Aaron and myself. Any additions are fine, I just want to state we took the initiative to actually implement and work on an objective way to make it work.

(3) Change the front page
FINALLY!
(4) Implement Ragnars user guide on the front page or on a sticky thread

(5) Increase high quality debates and tournaments
I approve
(6) Work on higher quality voting efforts
I approve
(7) Work on fan fics of the week, and fan fic competitions
YAY!
(8) Work on incentives in general to keep members interested (voting incentives etc)
Interesting.
(9) Implement an open administration
I approve
(10) Actually give you transparency. Anyone that knows me, knows this is something I will deliver on. I am not one for BS at all, and I quick to call it out
i approve
(11) Work on cleaning up the polls, opinions, and specifically the religious forums
Again, FINALLY!
(12) Weekly updates in the form of youtube videos and google plus, to keep it interesting and fun to watch.
I approve
(13) Sub mods

There are a lot of sub goals that I want to accomplish as well, here are just a few

(a) Maintain and revitalize the AAN tournament and program
(b) Work on getting RFD limits stretched from 2k to 10k to keep RFDS out of the comments
(c) Work on specific and practical voting encouragement
(d) Drop the number of characters it takes to write in the opinions section by half

These are just the ones off my head and there are a whole lot more

- Why you should vote for me -

The thing I keep getting is that I won't be able to achieve my platform, that is entirely false. I may have difficulty fighting for the trial system and re drawing the line on the moderation policy but anyone that knows me, knows that I will fight for it with my last breath.

The most accurate depiction of my character was written by daytona and it remains true. I'm the type of person with the type of determination that can move heaven and earth when I set my mind to something.

There is a huge strawman from people saying that I cannot achieve my platform. They are picking the two hardest selling points, and saying I can never achieve it. The fact is I'm motivated enough to push for it more than anyone else on the site, and that the rest of my platform I can do without or without juggle.

I can increase voting efforts and higher quality votes, I can increase tournaments, I can deliver transparency and do not giving a flying flip about my demeanor and how I deliver it to you. I am not a person to put on a mask for the sake of politics. I will shoot straight with you. I know for a fact I can work on implementing ragnars user guide, and I know without enough push I can make a valid and hopeful change for the front page. I can deliver votes of the week, fan fics of the week, debates of the week, and weekly updates that are entertaining and fun to watch and that will not stop coming. I will have an open administration and I will here everyone's ideas and work with them in any way I can. I can promise you sub mods in a sense. I may not have the power to remove the comments and threads myself, but I can promise you my administration will help find and seek out horrible material and bring it moderation for them to delete. I can make a solid push for the polls and ops to be filtered, even If I have to go through every damn poll and report the crap myself.

It is not my job to interact for you guys, it's your job to interact. It's my job to give you an environment to thrive in and help you interact to promote site growth. As others have said, I have the capability to talk to anyone for hours and give fill an empty room in seconds. No one questions my personality, everyone questions how level headed I am. Those that know my job history and interact with me on a day to day basis and how I am in real life are in my administration. I can and will implement and strong administration that accomplishes it's goals.

Everyone says I can't deliver and won't keep my goals. I can assure you that is blatantly false. 70 percent or more of my platform can be achieved by my own effort, and the platform is ever evolving when members work with me to give me ideas about site improvement.

Most of all , know that I am a person that accomplishes his goal. I joined the site and wanted to reach the top of the leaderboard, it took me 7 months. Prior to me it took someone 5 years to get that high. I wanted to beat Roy to showcase that I can beat one of the most viable players on the site, I not only beat him but I beat him by the widest margin he ever lost on a debate about the dealt penalty. I was on the site for 8 months and elected into the hall of fame by an overwhelming number of votes, which was one of the shortest if not the shortest roads to the hall of fame in DDO history.

Don't let anyone tell you that I won't achieve my goals, because I will and I always have. If you consider me anything consider me the peoples champion. I will never put up a facade, I will never hide crap from you guys, I never will be fake, and I will always shoot straight with you while accomplishing what I promise you. If you want a president that will interact with you on a personal level, build a friendship with you, and overall work with you to change DDO, i'm that guy

I hate the same type of faith in my administration as I have in myself. Ima has devoted for time and hours into DDO than almost in single one member on the site and loves it dearly. Bluesteel is about to finish nearly 8 years of college, along with being one of the most accomplished members on the site. Bot is someone that goes out of his way to make sure votes are handled and taken care of, even if it is a short request by his will or by the help of his council.

There are many more valuable members and even members that are not known that have faith in me. I ask you to have that same type of faith in me and let me do everything I can do what needs to be done and help the site improve

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Be the change you want to see. We can't change the site by ourselves but we can change it with your faith and with your help.

Mikal / Ima 2015

You have earned my vote!
"I am not religious. I am a genius. I have the Universe in my hands."
-Aerogant

"Of course a jewish baby cannibalizing a jewish mommy is fine"
-Heil being retarded

"Eradicating the baby scourge from our midsts is most certainly fun. And I am proud to be your hero. Babies tremble then they hear my name.. Airmax, the hero of baby annihilation."
-Airmax
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 10:11:05 PM
Almost everything on this list is completely under the power of the mods and not the president. And the mods are beholden to Juggle. Not the president.

This is false advertising plain and simple.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 10:13:28 PM
At 12/7/2014 10:11:05 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Almost everything on this list is completely under the power of the mods and not the president. And the mods are beholden to Juggle. Not the president.

4-12 i can with ease and its in my power to do and does not need juggles approval or even moderation

1-3 is a long shot

with 3 being more realistic

sub mods can be done by having users report votes

everything is easy to do, and all in my power. That is why I am promoting it.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 10:13:31 PM

So we change that.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 10:14:21 PM
At 12/7/2014 10:13:31 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

So we change that.

except its not

everything on the list at least after 4 is in my power to do. 3 is doable as well
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 10:14:31 PM

So we change that.

You want MORE power over this site to be in the hands of a popularly elected president? Jeez. No thanks. Look at what giving them little to no power already does to the site.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 10:15:44 PM
At 12/7/2014 10:14:31 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

So we change that.

You want MORE power over this site to be in the hands of a popularly elected president? Jeez. No thanks. Look at what giving them little to no power already does to the site.

Nothing, apparently, since they don't seem to have the power to do anything to change the site, in your view.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 10:17:05 PM
At 12/7/2014 10:15:44 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 12/7/2014 10:14:31 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

So we change that.

Nothing, apparently, since they don't seem to have the power to do anything to change the site, in your view.

They have moderate influence over completely trivial things. What's Mikal going to do? Give a presidential decree: BETTER VOTING. MORE DEBATES!

I meant look what it does to the site via a social aspect. Everyone turns into animals so they have the ability to grovel at Juggle's feet each week.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 10:31:53 PM
Not a single mention of the important issue of gremlins. Can we really trust Mikal to take care of the important issues? He's clearly in the pocket of big gremlin!

Vote for a real leader. Someone who cares about what you need. Vote Bennett/Otter! http://www.debate.org...
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 10:40:02 PM

1, 2, and 13 are completely under the powers of the mods. 3 is a long shot. However, everything else is doable by Mikal. I would like an explaination on why 4-12 are not doable, and why you need a mod's permission to do weekly updates on Youtube, make competitions, and increase debates?
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 10:48:01 PM
At 12/7/2014 10:40:02 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:

1, 2, and 13 are completely under the powers of the mods. 3 is a long shot. However, everything else is doable by Mikal. I would like an explaination on why 4-12 are not doable, and why you need a mod's permission to do weekly updates on Youtube, make competitions, and increase debates?

Anyone can do that. I could do that. It's not special. The only special things on there are mod powers.
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 10:49:30 PM
At 12/7/2014 10:48:01 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Anyone can do that. I could do that. It's not special. The only special things on there are mod powers.

Some people could do it. But Mikal formed these ideas, and he could do it better.
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 10:50:49 PM
At 12/7/2014 10:49:30 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:

Some people could do it. But Mikal formed these ideas, and he could do it better.

So great, vote for him and he'll do these things under a veil of authority. Whoop-dee-doo.
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 10:52:16 PM
At 12/7/2014 10:50:49 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

So great, vote for him and he'll do these things under a veil of authority. Whoop-dee-doo.

Geez, what's with the hostility? What have you got against Mikal?
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 10:53:18 PM
At 12/7/2014 10:52:16 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:

Nothing. No president can really do much that any other member can do.
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 10:53:22 PM
You act as if Airmax is an immovable dictator who will be unwilling to compromise with the site's president whatsoever. If a site representative elected by the community pesters him for change, I have literally no doubt that he will be willing to make compromises with that representative.

Yes, some actions are not accomplishable by a snap of the fingers. Do you want a president to only assure things accomplishable by a snap of the fingers, rather than hard tasks that the community wants?

"The president will have to actually work to accomplish these tasks rather than be inherently able to accomplish them, therefore his platform is misleading"

Doesn't make sense to me.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 10:56:09 PM
At 12/7/2014 10:53:18 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

And yet you don't want to strengthen the presidency?
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 10:56:14 PM
At 12/7/2014 10:53:22 PM, Daltonian wrote:
You act as if Airmax is an immovable dictator who will be unwilling to compromise with the site's president whatsoever. If a site representative elected by the community pesters him for change, I have literally no doubt that he will be willing to make compromises with that representative.

Yes, some actions are not accomplishable by a snap of the fingers. Do you want a president to only assure things accomplishable by a snap of the fingers, rather than hard tasks that the community wants?

"The president will have to actually work to accomplish these tasks rather than be inherently able to accomplish them, therefore his platform is misleading"

Of course it doesn't lol
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 10:56:56 PM
At 12/7/2014 10:56:09 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Not at all. What does that even mean? Should we give them mod powers? Coding rights to the Juggle mainframe? Executive actions? It's a worthless position.
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 10:59:02 PM
At 12/7/2014 5:27:40 PM, Mikal wrote:

Could you expand on this?

Does this mean open communication with DDO regarding your discussions with juggle, or like, complete information regarding bans and stuff taking place.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 10:59:07 PM
Anyways, I'm done taking questions and rebuttals on the issue. Thank you. If you want more comments talk to my publicist as these are my opinions and not holy writ so y'all can chillax.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 10:59:11 PM
At 12/7/2014 10:56:56 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Not at all. What does that even mean? Should we give them mod powers? Coding rights to the Juggle mainframe? Executive actions? It's a worthless position.

So rather than have someone with powers who is DIRECTLY responsible to the community, you'd rather abolish the presidency altogether and leave the power in the hands of non elected officials?
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 11:00:39 PM
At 12/7/2014 10:56:14 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 12/7/2014 10:53:22 PM, Daltonian wrote:

Of course it doesn't lol
Your criticism is that Mikal's goals are too far fetched to be accomplished by a president alone, no?

The primary purpose of a president, in my opinion, is to interact with administrators and represent the community's interest. It is therefore inherent that he will not be able to accomplish his goals at will as his function is to be a clear voice for the interests of the community to the administration. You would criticize him for being upfront with the demands of the community to juggle and airmax when that is the function of his job. I find that dumb.

Him being able to accomplish any of his goals without having to interact with airmax or any outside administrators whatsoever goes against the concept of what the presidency is.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 11:07:34 PM
At 12/7/2014 10:59:11 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

So rather than have someone with powers who is DIRECTLY responsible to the community, you'd rather abolish the presidency altogether and leave the power in the hands of non elected officials?

What power? Non elected officials? THIS IS A WEBSITE! ITS A FORUM SITE. It's moderated by a forum moderator. It's only a website. Goodness gracious.

Everyone is acting like their entire realities are rooted in and founded on DDO as if it's the real world. That's my issue.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 11:09:29 PM
At 12/7/2014 11:07:34 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

What power? Non elected officials? THIS IS A WEBSITE! ITS A FORUM SITE. It's moderated by a forum moderator. It's only a website. Goodness gracious.

Everyone is acting like their entire realities are rooted in and founded on DDO as if it's the real world. That's my issue.

Well, based on all your comings and goings, I suppose it's true that you don't see the site as a genuine community. You know, the same site that saved Mikal from being homeless? If it matters so little to you, you're free to depart.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 11:11:28 PM
At 12/7/2014 11:09:29 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 12/7/2014 11:07:34 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Well, based on all your comings and goings, I suppose it's true that you don't see the site as a genuine community. You know, the same site that saved Mikal from being homeless? If it matters so little to you, you're free to depart.

I'll come and go as I plese thank you very much. I'm just saying people take too much stock in it. It's a community just one that people eclipse reality with.