Jump to topic:

Introducing the DDO Fantasy Draft

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 4:39:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This is an idea ill work out after the end of the election as it will take large amounts of effort. Aaron , others, and myself will come up with a solid system for how this will work but I am giving you just the outline

For now a list of users will sign up to be the *players* and basically do debates as normal. Deepening on the number of people they beat, and the difficult of their adversary points will be awarded.

The points are received by the *captains* , a group of (x) amount of players will be a *captain* and select members through a draft to be apart of their team.

I am working on an objective way for the point system to work , but I think this is a great way to promote intelligent debate, encourage high quality debates, and get more debates out

more info coming soon :)
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 4:45:57 PM
Also Note : This is a great way to new members to earn recognition and help them onto the site in a formal way by showcasing their skills

This entire thing is a work in progress but anyone that wants to help with it message myself or bluesteel and you can throw some ideas at us or be apart of the PM as we develop it. This is one of the first major incentives that I want to run if im elected
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 4:51:38 PM
Just wanted to add that it would be just like Fantasy Football. There's a list of a bunch of debaters from the site. There are rounds where you can draft your top pick that is still available. You get a certain # of points if that person wins or loses a debate after drafted. For debaters you don't know, you have to check out their past records to see if you think they are a good pick. In that way, debaters who are relatively unknown can get more recognition as people check them out and compete using them on their "teams." I think some users might be surprised that relatively unknown users end up being better performers for you than the site's top debaters (partially because they debate more often). Anyways, just something Mikal and I just came up with. We'd like your input on this.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 4:52:40 PM
It is a good idea to start planning on those projects , it can be a way of showing people you do not just stand for the big goals .
I WILL DECIDE WHAT THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT. I AM SPIRITUAL, NOT RELIGIOYUS. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RELIGIOUS TO BELIEVE IN GOD, AND YOU DO WORSHIP MONEY IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR WALLET THAAN YOU DO THE POOR. YOU ARE A TROLL THAT IS OUT FOR ATTENTUION."- SitaraMusica
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 4:57:50 PM
I'd be interested in possibly partaking in this, depending if starts before or after the midterm exam season. Interesting concept! :)
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 5:08:01 PM
I think Lannan had an idea that was really similar to this. You should talk to him.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 6:57:00 PM
At 12/9/2014 5:08:01 PM, Zaradi wrote:
I think Lannan had an idea that was really similar to this. You should talk to him.

Not to mention that I did two seasons of this.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Geographia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 7:33:12 PM
At 12/9/2014 4:39:43 PM, Mikal wrote:
This is an idea ill work out after the end of the election as it will take large amounts of effort. Aaron , others, and myself will come up with a solid system for how this will work but I am giving you just the outline

For now a list of users will sign up to be the *players* and basically do debates as normal. Deepening on the number of people they beat, and the difficult of their adversary points will be awarded.

The points are received by the *captains* , a group of (x) amount of players will be a *captain* and select members through a draft to be apart of their team.

I am working on an objective way for the point system to work , but I think this is a great way to promote intelligent debate, encourage high quality debates, and get more debates out

more info coming soon :)

This is happening anyway right? If not, stop posting anytime.