Jump to topic:

DDO Presidential Interviews?

DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 9:37:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I have been searching the forums to find out who actually sounds sensible. I was looking around and I found live interviews of only one of the candidates, Mikal. Is this fair?

I noticed that there are other DDO personalities who have shows aside from Mikal. Why not allow a neutral party to interview the candidates? Like Philoschristos, ConservativePolitico, Tophatdoc, or Koopin since all of these guys have shows as well or may have had one at one point.

Just saying.
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 9:40:32 PM
At 12/9/2014 9:37:08 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:
I have been searching the forums to find out who actually sounds sensible. I was looking around and I found live interviews of only one of the candidates, Mikal. Is this fair?

I noticed that there are other DDO personalities who have shows aside from Mikal. Why not allow a neutral party to interview the candidates? Like Philoschristos, ConservativePolitico, Tophatdoc, or Koopin since all of these guys have shows as well or may have had one at one point.

Just saying.

http://www.debate.org...
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 9:48:10 PM
At 12/9/2014 9:40:32 PM, Mikal wrote:

I saw that interview that is why I posted this. Does the other guy have any live interviews? To be honest, I am not considering the other guy as much because he hasn't been questioned in the same way at all. That is his lack of self promotion, I guess .Or perhaps his inability to find a neutral party to interview him..

I don't think so, it is just text which is problematic for the other guy. The first link, Mikal had to think up answers as they came.
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 9:49:31 PM
At 12/9/2014 9:48:10 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:

I saw that interview that is why I posted this. Does the other guy have any live interviews? To be honest, I am not considering the other guy as much because he hasn't been questioned in the same way at all. That is his lack of self promotion, I guess .Or perhaps his inability to find a neutral party to interview him..

He has a time restrained job. He is a great good as well, he just works alot. It's hard for us to find time to get on at the same time.

I don't think so, it is just text which is problematic for the other guy. The first link, Mikal had to think up answers as they came.

Live is fun because you get to wing it more , true :)
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 9:49:49 PM
At 12/9/2014 9:48:10 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:

<<< I am mikal btw lol
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 9:50:39 PM

Just saying.

BSH1 has a good interview. I wish he would've asked some tough questions but he was remaining neutral. I'll try to find the thread.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 9:51:25 PM
At 12/9/2014 9:50:39 PM, Wylted wrote:

Just saying.

BSH1 has a good interview. I wish he would've asked some tough questions but he was remaining neutral. I'll try to find the thread.

I linked it already
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 9:51:43 PM

Mikal linked it. But I found that interview to be weak sauce to put it kindly.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 9:52:38 PM
At 12/9/2014 9:51:43 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:

You want a summary, I can break the election down for you in almost a paragraph.
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 9:53:39 PM
At 12/9/2014 9:49:31 PM, Mikal wrote:

He has a time restrained job. He is a great good as well, he just works alot. It's hard for us to find time to get on at the same time.
That is not good for him. But good for someone else it would seem.

It seemed a bit difficult too.
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 9:54:12 PM
At 12/9/2014 9:49:49 PM, Mikal wrote:

<<< I am mikal btw lol

I know.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 9:54:39 PM
At 12/9/2014 9:53:39 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:
At 12/9/2014 9:49:31 PM, Mikal wrote:

That is not good for him. But good for someone else it would seem.

Guy * oops lol xD

It seemed a bit difficult too.

Yeah that were some of the harder questions ive got thus far. One being the hardest in the entire election. It was a good interview
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 9:56:13 PM
At 12/9/2014 9:52:38 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/9/2014 9:51:43 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:

You want a summary, I can break the election down for you in almost a paragraph.

I don't know if I want Mikal to explain the election, no offense because he is a participant in the election. I was looking for a more neutral voice. But heck, why not give a summary anyways, it will help.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 9:57:49 PM

Just saying.

I'll break down everything thus far. Eddie is the incumbent, people give him credit for doing a decent job while others think he was stale. A lot of it could be out of his control because juggle was a wall and did not work with him.

The criticism I got is that I have no relationship with juggle, but he does. This is true for each and every person that runs their first time and when they are elected. IT also implies I am not capable of getting that relationship which is false. IT also assume that juggle is willing to work with Eddie over other presidents, which they are not. They won't work with anyone right now because they are dumping resources elsewhere and not focused on the site. So that entire argument about having a relationship with juggle is null

So from there is about who has the most drive, passion, and realistic promises. And as you have said yourself. Everything you have seen is from me, along with interviews, ideas, and campaign videos. That would never stop

From there the choice is yours :)
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 10:02:30 PM
At 12/9/2014 9:57:49 PM, Mikal wrote:

Just saying.

I'll break down everything thus far. Eddie is the incumbent, people give him credit for doing a decent job while others think he was stale. A lot of it could be out of his control because juggle was a wall and did not work with him.

The criticism I got is that I have no relationship with juggle, but he does. This is true for each and every person that runs their first time and when they are elected. IT also implies I am not capable of getting that relationship which is false. IT also assume that juggle is willing to work with Eddie over other presidents, which they are not. They won't work with anyone right now because they are dumping resources elsewhere and not focused on the site. So that entire argument about having a relationship with juggle is null

So from there is about who has the most drive, passion, and realistic promises. And as you have said yourself. Everything you have seen is from me, along with interviews, ideas, and campaign videos. That would never stop

From there the choice is yours :)

Thanks, it was very informative. I was surprised by the immediate responses you gave. I will just do a bit more investigation though before I make my decision.