Total Posts:53|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Platform Comparison Thus Far

Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 12:18:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Full Comparison Below

https://docs.google.com...

_____________________________________________________________________________

I would also ask yourself how many ideas in my platform require juggle to implement them. That was a major critique of it, which is false. Most are on my own determination , will, and help of my administration (which is everyone). If it's not blatantly obvious from my past and future on DDO I have the will and desire to complete my goals.

Things I have implemented without being president

(a) member praise and acknowledgement threads

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

(b) Mr and Mrs DDO (CP Wins)

http://www.debate.org...

(c) Live mafia on G+

(d) G + hangouts in general

(e) 1 month tier tournament that finished

http://www.debate.org...

(f) IDGAF Interviews

http://www.debate.org...

(g) That is just some off the top of my head

Just a notation from previous members acknowledging my contributions before hand as well

http://www.debate.org...

and for those that say I don't have a good relationship with airmax or juggle. Airmax and myself are very close, and he would work with me on alot of stuff. There is stuff however that I am sure he would keep to himself until he earns my full trust, for rightful reasons. Each president has a different role, and mine is to bring the community together, push it forward, and do my best to make changes happen.

http://www.debate.org...

_____________________________________________________________________

People say my platform is unrealistic is blatantly false. Look at my past, the ideas I implemented, and how hard i pushed for them. Nothing about me running changes that, it only makes it easier for me to implement a positive change on the site.
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 12:22:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 12:18:32 AM, Mikal wrote:
Full Comparison Below

https://docs.google.com...


_____________________________________________________________________________

I would also ask yourself how many ideas in my platform require juggle to implement them. That was a major critique of it, which is false. Most are on my own determination , will, and help of my administration (which is everyone). If it's not blatantly obvious from my past and future on DDO I have the will and desire to complete my goals.

Things I have implemented without being president

(a) member praise and acknowledgement threads

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

(b) Mr and Mrs DDO (CP Wins)

http://www.debate.org...

(c) Live mafia on G+

(d) G + hangouts in general

(e) 1 month tier tournament that finished

http://www.debate.org...

(f) IDGAF Interviews

http://www.debate.org...

(g) That is just some off the top of my head









Just a notation from previous members acknowledging my contributions before hand as well

http://www.debate.org...

and for those that say I don't have a good relationship with airmax or juggle. Airmax and myself are very close, and he would work with me on alot of stuff. There is stuff however that I am sure he would keep to himself until he earns my full trust, for rightful reasons. Each president has a different role, and mine is to bring the community together, push it forward, and do my best to make changes happen.


http://www.debate.org...



_____________________________________________________________________

People say my platform is unrealistic is blatantly false. Look at my past, the ideas I implemented, and how hard i pushed for them. Nothing about me running changes that, it only makes it easier for me to implement a positive change on the site.

I would have appreciated it if you hadn't made this "full comparison" a strawmanning attack on my campaign, Mikal. It's beneath you to do so.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 12:30:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 12:18:32 AM, Mikal wrote:
Full Comparison Below

https://docs.google.com...


_____________________________________________________________________________

I would also ask yourself how many ideas in my platform require juggle to implement them. That was a major critique of it, which is false. Most are on my own determination , will, and help of my administration (which is everyone). If it's not blatantly obvious from my past and future on DDO I have the will and desire to complete my goals.

Things I have implemented without being president

(a) member praise and acknowledgement threads

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

(b) Mr and Mrs DDO (CP Wins)

http://www.debate.org...

(c) Live mafia on G+

(d) G + hangouts in general

(e) 1 month tier tournament that finished

http://www.debate.org...

(f) IDGAF Interviews

http://www.debate.org...

(g) That is just some off the top of my head









Just a notation from previous members acknowledging my contributions before hand as well

http://www.debate.org...

and for those that say I don't have a good relationship with airmax or juggle. Airmax and myself are very close, and he would work with me on alot of stuff. There is stuff however that I am sure he would keep to himself until he earns my full trust, for rightful reasons. Each president has a different role, and mine is to bring the community together, push it forward, and do my best to make changes happen.


http://www.debate.org...



_____________________________________________________________________

People say my platform is unrealistic is blatantly false. Look at my past, the ideas I implemented, and how hard i pushed for them. Nothing about me running changes that, it only makes it easier for me to implement a positive change on the site.

Great stuff, If that's what you accomplish as a regular member I can't even imagine how much you'll accomplish when you're president.
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 12:31:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 12:22:34 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:18:32 AM, Mikal wrote:
Full Comparison Below

https://docs.google.com...


_____________________________________________________________________________

I would also ask yourself how many ideas in my platform require juggle to implement them. That was a major critique of it, which is false. Most are on my own determination , will, and help of my administration (which is everyone). If it's not blatantly obvious from my past and future on DDO I have the will and desire to complete my goals.

Things I have implemented without being president

(a) member praise and acknowledgement threads

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

(b) Mr and Mrs DDO (CP Wins)

http://www.debate.org...

(c) Live mafia on G+

(d) G + hangouts in general

(e) 1 month tier tournament that finished

http://www.debate.org...

(f) IDGAF Interviews

http://www.debate.org...

(g) That is just some off the top of my head









Just a notation from previous members acknowledging my contributions before hand as well

http://www.debate.org...

and for those that say I don't have a good relationship with airmax or juggle. Airmax and myself are very close, and he would work with me on alot of stuff. There is stuff however that I am sure he would keep to himself until he earns my full trust, for rightful reasons. Each president has a different role, and mine is to bring the community together, push it forward, and do my best to make changes happen.


http://www.debate.org...



_____________________________________________________________________

People say my platform is unrealistic is blatantly false. Look at my past, the ideas I implemented, and how hard i pushed for them. Nothing about me running changes that, it only makes it easier for me to implement a positive change on the site.


I would have appreciated it if you hadn't made this "full comparison" a strawmanning attack on my campaign, Mikal. It's beneath you to do so.

I'ts not an attack I just wanted to highlight the points side by side. I'm sorry if you feel like it was strawmanning your platform or attacking your campaign, but I assure you that was not the intent. It was to lay out both platforms thus far.
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 12:35:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 12:22:34 AM, bladerunner060 wrote::

I would have appreciated it if you hadn't made this "full comparison" a strawmanning attack on my campaign, Mikal. It's beneath you to do so.

Right, because telling people to tell Mikal that they will vote for him if he asks who they plan on voting for when they actually intend to vote for you is any better, right?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 12:36:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 12:35:05 AM, imabench wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:22:34 AM, bladerunner060 wrote::

I would have appreciated it if you hadn't made this "full comparison" a strawmanning attack on my campaign, Mikal. It's beneath you to do so.

Right, because telling people to tell Mikal that they will vote for him if he asks who they plan on voting for when they actually intend to vote for you is any better, right?

That's a serious accusation.
UchihaMadara
Posts: 1,049
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 12:37:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 12:30:30 AM, Wylted wrote:

Great stuff, If that's what you accomplish as a regular member I can't even imagine how much you'll accomplish when you're president.

Are you by any chance applying to become the Mikal Administration's designated sycophant? :P
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 12:37:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 12:36:05 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:35:05 AM, imabench wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:22:34 AM, bladerunner060 wrote::

I would have appreciated it if you hadn't made this "full comparison" a strawmanning attack on my campaign, Mikal. It's beneath you to do so.

Right, because telling people to tell Mikal that they will vote for him if he asks who they plan on voting for when they actually intend to vote for you is any better, right?

That's a serious accusation.

I have a source.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
UchihaMadara
Posts: 1,049
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 12:38:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 12:35:05 AM, imabench wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:22:34 AM, bladerunner060 wrote::

I would have appreciated it if you hadn't made this "full comparison" a strawmanning attack on my campaign, Mikal. It's beneath you to do so.

Right, because telling people to tell Mikal that they will vote for him if he asks who they plan on voting for when they actually intend to vote for you is any better, right?

O_o
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 12:38:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 12:31:42 AM, Mikal wrote:

I'ts not an attack I just wanted to highlight the points side by side. I'm sorry if you feel like it was strawmanning your platform or attacking your campaign, but I assure you that was not the intent. It was to lay out both platforms thus far.

I don't want this to be a campaign wherein your side lies, and I am forced to call you liars. Politics are as dirty as you make it, but I don't think it benefits the site to make it dirty.

Suffice it to say, when your very first two bullet points regarding my campaign are demonstrably false--and false to the extent that I literally have no idea how you could possibly argue that you attempted in good faith to present both sides--I find myself questioning the motives of you making them. I usually give you the benefit of the doubt, and am inclined to think that when you do this sort of thing it's because of a lack of rigor in your approach. But this is a joke.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 12:39:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 12:37:28 AM, imabench wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:36:05 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:35:05 AM, imabench wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:22:34 AM, bladerunner060 wrote::

I would have appreciated it if you hadn't made this "full comparison" a strawmanning attack on my campaign, Mikal. It's beneath you to do so.

Right, because telling people to tell Mikal that they will vote for him if he asks who they plan on voting for when they actually intend to vote for you is any better, right?

That's a serious accusation.

I have a source.

If it's RM, don't believe him.
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 12:39:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 12:35:05 AM, imabench wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:22:34 AM, bladerunner060 wrote::

I would have appreciated it if you hadn't made this "full comparison" a strawmanning attack on my campaign, Mikal. It's beneath you to do so.

Right, because telling people to tell Mikal that they will vote for him if he asks who they plan on voting for when they actually intend to vote for you is any better, right?

It would be repugnant, and I haven't done it. I demand your source, now, because your source is lying if your source says I said any such thing.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 12:40:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 12:38:47 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:31:42 AM, Mikal wrote:

I'ts not an attack I just wanted to highlight the points side by side. I'm sorry if you feel like it was strawmanning your platform or attacking your campaign, but I assure you that was not the intent. It was to lay out both platforms thus far.

I don't want this to be a campaign wherein your side lies, and I am forced to call you liars. Politics are as dirty as you make it, but I don't think it benefits the site to make it dirty.

Suffice it to say, when your very first two bullet points regarding my campaign are demonstrably false--and false to the extent that I literally have no idea how you could possibly argue that you attempted in good faith to present both sides--I find myself questioning the motives of you making them. I usually give you the benefit of the doubt, and am inclined to think that when you do this sort of thing it's because of a lack of rigor in your approach. But this is a joke.

I can kind of see the first two, but they're definitely twisted.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 12:41:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 12:37:18 AM, UchihaMadara wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:30:30 AM, Wylted wrote:

Great stuff, If that's what you accomplish as a regular member I can't even imagine how much you'll accomplish when you're president.

Are you by any chance applying to become the Mikal Administration's designated sycophant? :P

No you can have it. I in no way want to be officially (or unofficially) connected with that administration.

I'm acting completely on my own without endorsement or connection to them at all.

All hail Mikal.
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 12:43:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 12:38:47 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:31:42 AM, Mikal wrote:

I'ts not an attack I just wanted to highlight the points side by side. I'm sorry if you feel like it was strawmanning your platform or attacking your campaign, but I assure you that was not the intent. It was to lay out both platforms thus far.

I don't want this to be a campaign wherein your side lies, and I am forced to call you liars. Politics are as dirty as you make it, but I don't think it benefits the site to make it dirty.

Suffice it to say, when your very first two bullet points regarding my campaign are demonstrably false--and false to the extent that I literally have no idea how you could possibly argue that you attempted in good faith to present both sides--I find myself questioning the motives of you making them. I usually give you the benefit of the doubt, and am inclined to think that when you do this sort of thing it's because of a lack of rigor in your approach. But this is a joke.

IT was merging both campaigns and goals in together from your past term and present, but im sorry you feel as if what was an attack. It was just a comparison between your past and current regime. You know I would never aim to personally attack you, and i'm sorry if you feel ill about it. I just wanted to try and highlight key points from both sides.
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 12:43:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 12:40:58 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:38:47 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:31:42 AM, Mikal wrote:

I'ts not an attack I just wanted to highlight the points side by side. I'm sorry if you feel like it was strawmanning your platform or attacking your campaign, but I assure you that was not the intent. It was to lay out both platforms thus far.

I don't want this to be a campaign wherein your side lies, and I am forced to call you liars. Politics are as dirty as you make it, but I don't think it benefits the site to make it dirty.

Suffice it to say, when your very first two bullet points regarding my campaign are demonstrably false--and false to the extent that I literally have no idea how you could possibly argue that you attempted in good faith to present both sides--I find myself questioning the motives of you making them. I usually give you the benefit of the doubt, and am inclined to think that when you do this sort of thing it's because of a lack of rigor in your approach. But this is a joke.

I can kind of see the first two, but they're definitely twisted.

Not really--the voting squad ideas are listed separately farther down--so mentioning it there in contrast to claiming a mere "personal pledge" is patently dishonest.

And I didn't promise weekly updates this time. I held to weekly updates every week until November, when I tried something to check their effectiveness. Mikal accused me of not posting any for a month, because he hadn't paid attention to where I had (I assumed).
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 12:43:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 12:39:52 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:35:05 AM, imabench wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:22:34 AM, bladerunner060 wrote::

I would have appreciated it if you hadn't made this "full comparison" a strawmanning attack on my campaign, Mikal. It's beneath you to do so.

Right, because telling people to tell Mikal that they will vote for him if he asks who they plan on voting for when they actually intend to vote for you is any better, right?

It would be repugnant, and I haven't done it.

The source says otherwise

I demand your source, now, because your source is lying if your source says I said any such thing.

I wont reveal their name, but I will say that they werent the only one who thought that such a dirty tactic was such a good thing to do.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
thett3
Posts: 14,348
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 12:44:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Is it seriously considered an issue that the weekly updates aren't 100% on time every week? Lol.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 12:44:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 12:43:44 AM, imabench wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:39:52 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:35:05 AM, imabench wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:22:34 AM, bladerunner060 wrote::

I would have appreciated it if you hadn't made this "full comparison" a strawmanning attack on my campaign, Mikal. It's beneath you to do so.

Right, because telling people to tell Mikal that they will vote for him if he asks who they plan on voting for when they actually intend to vote for you is any better, right?

It would be repugnant, and I haven't done it.

The source says otherwise

I demand your source, now, because your source is lying if your source says I said any such thing.

I wont reveal their name, but I will say that they werent the only one who thought that such a dirty tactic wasnt such a good thing to do.

fixed it, damn phone
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 12:44:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 12:43:44 AM, imabench wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:39:52 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:35:05 AM, imabench wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:22:34 AM, bladerunner060 wrote::

I would have appreciated it if you hadn't made this "full comparison" a strawmanning attack on my campaign, Mikal. It's beneath you to do so.

Right, because telling people to tell Mikal that they will vote for him if he asks who they plan on voting for when they actually intend to vote for you is any better, right?

It would be repugnant, and I haven't done it.

The source says otherwise

I demand your source, now, because your source is lying if your source says I said any such thing.

I wont reveal their name, but I will say that they werent the only one who thought that such a dirty tactic was such a good thing to do.

Ask them to reveal themselves.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 12:44:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 12:43:08 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:38:47 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:31:42 AM, Mikal wrote:

I'ts not an attack I just wanted to highlight the points side by side. I'm sorry if you feel like it was strawmanning your platform or attacking your campaign, but I assure you that was not the intent. It was to lay out both platforms thus far.

I don't want this to be a campaign wherein your side lies, and I am forced to call you liars. Politics are as dirty as you make it, but I don't think it benefits the site to make it dirty.

Suffice it to say, when your very first two bullet points regarding my campaign are demonstrably false--and false to the extent that I literally have no idea how you could possibly argue that you attempted in good faith to present both sides--I find myself questioning the motives of you making them. I usually give you the benefit of the doubt, and am inclined to think that when you do this sort of thing it's because of a lack of rigor in your approach. But this is a joke.

IT was merging both campaigns and goals in together from your past term and present, but im sorry you feel as if what was an attack. It was just a comparison between your past and current regime. You know I would never aim to personally attack you, and i'm sorry if you feel ill about it. I just wanted to try and highlight key points from both sides.

That's not what you presented this as. Try to spin it as you like, but this was not an honest comparison.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 12:46:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 12:44:46 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:43:08 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:38:47 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:31:42 AM, Mikal wrote:

I'ts not an attack I just wanted to highlight the points side by side. I'm sorry if you feel like it was strawmanning your platform or attacking your campaign, but I assure you that was not the intent. It was to lay out both platforms thus far.

I don't want this to be a campaign wherein your side lies, and I am forced to call you liars. Politics are as dirty as you make it, but I don't think it benefits the site to make it dirty.

Suffice it to say, when your very first two bullet points regarding my campaign are demonstrably false--and false to the extent that I literally have no idea how you could possibly argue that you attempted in good faith to present both sides--I find myself questioning the motives of you making them. I usually give you the benefit of the doubt, and am inclined to think that when you do this sort of thing it's because of a lack of rigor in your approach. But this is a joke.

IT was merging both campaigns and goals in together from your past term and present, but im sorry you feel as if what was an attack. It was just a comparison between your past and current regime. You know I would never aim to personally attack you, and i'm sorry if you feel ill about it. I just wanted to try and highlight key points from both sides.

That's not what you presented this as. Try to spin it as you like, but this was not an honest comparison.

I'm really not intended to "spin" it. You should know me well enough to know that. There were 3 major ideas in your current one which was highlighted. Granted I will add a last regime to give a proper comparison to show that the top two were from the previous term.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 12:46:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 12:43:39 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:40:58 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:38:47 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:31:42 AM, Mikal wrote:

I'ts not an attack I just wanted to highlight the points side by side. I'm sorry if you feel like it was strawmanning your platform or attacking your campaign, but I assure you that was not the intent. It was to lay out both platforms thus far.

I don't want this to be a campaign wherein your side lies, and I am forced to call you liars. Politics are as dirty as you make it, but I don't think it benefits the site to make it dirty.

Suffice it to say, when your very first two bullet points regarding my campaign are demonstrably false--and false to the extent that I literally have no idea how you could possibly argue that you attempted in good faith to present both sides--I find myself questioning the motives of you making them. I usually give you the benefit of the doubt, and am inclined to think that when you do this sort of thing it's because of a lack of rigor in your approach. But this is a joke.

I can kind of see the first two, but they're definitely twisted.

Not really--the voting squad ideas are listed separately farther down--so mentioning it there in contrast to claiming a mere "personal pledge" is patently dishonest.

He mentioned part of it and separated the rest while mentioning all of his. That is part of your campaign, but it's being twisted, like I said.

And I didn't promise weekly updates this time. I held to weekly updates every week until November, when I tried something to check their effectiveness. Mikal accused me of not posting any for a month, because he hadn't paid attention to where I had (I assumed).

And he's twisting that one by calling them Weekly Updates (which they were prior to now).
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 12:49:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 12:43:44 AM, imabench wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:39:52 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:35:05 AM, imabench wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:22:34 AM, bladerunner060 wrote::

I would have appreciated it if you hadn't made this "full comparison" a strawmanning attack on my campaign, Mikal. It's beneath you to do so.

Right, because telling people to tell Mikal that they will vote for him if he asks who they plan on voting for when they actually intend to vote for you is any better, right?

It would be repugnant, and I haven't done it.

The source says otherwise

I demand your source, now, because your source is lying if your source says I said any such thing.

I wont reveal their name, but I will say that they werent the only one who thought that such a dirty tactic was such a good thing to do.

Are you REALLY trying for the "I have secret information that my opponent is a communist" tactic?

I have not done this. I cannot respond to this false allegation any more than to deny that I've done it, if you present no evidence for it whatsoever.

I have NEVER told anyone to do this. I would not do so. If your source says I did so, your source is lying.

I'd be happy for any quote to be posted supporting such a contention, if that's what you need. I don't care. It's not true. That's a serious accusation of bad behavior, made ONLY after your presidential candidate was caught lying. This is dirty pool bench, and I won't have it. You claim to have a source. Back your claim.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 12:49:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 12:46:55 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:43:39 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:40:58 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:38:47 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:31:42 AM, Mikal wrote:

I'ts not an attack I just wanted to highlight the points side by side. I'm sorry if you feel like it was strawmanning your platform or attacking your campaign, but I assure you that was not the intent. It was to lay out both platforms thus far.

I don't want this to be a campaign wherein your side lies, and I am forced to call you liars. Politics are as dirty as you make it, but I don't think it benefits the site to make it dirty.

Suffice it to say, when your very first two bullet points regarding my campaign are demonstrably false--and false to the extent that I literally have no idea how you could possibly argue that you attempted in good faith to present both sides--I find myself questioning the motives of you making them. I usually give you the benefit of the doubt, and am inclined to think that when you do this sort of thing it's because of a lack of rigor in your approach. But this is a joke.

I can kind of see the first two, but they're definitely twisted.

Not really--the voting squad ideas are listed separately farther down--so mentioning it there in contrast to claiming a mere "personal pledge" is patently dishonest.

He mentioned part of it and separated the rest while mentioning all of his. That is part of your campaign, but it's being twisted, like I said.

And I didn't promise weekly updates this time. I held to weekly updates every week until November, when I tried something to check their effectiveness. Mikal accused me of not posting any for a month, because he hadn't paid attention to where I had (I assumed).

And he's twisting that one by calling them Weekly Updates (which they were prior to now).

I fixed it, It was hard to edit with the chart. I could not separate past from present, but I just added it out to the side so its better shown. Excel is down or it would have been easier
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 12:50:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 12:46:55 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

And he's twisting that one by calling them Weekly Updates (which they were prior to now).

What kind of a**hat would say that something is 'weekly' only to not post them weekly?....

(Its funny because I did the same thing with the WS)
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 12:50:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 12:46:23 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:44:46 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:43:08 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:38:47 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:31:42 AM, Mikal wrote:

I'ts not an attack I just wanted to highlight the points side by side. I'm sorry if you feel like it was strawmanning your platform or attacking your campaign, but I assure you that was not the intent. It was to lay out both platforms thus far.

I don't want this to be a campaign wherein your side lies, and I am forced to call you liars. Politics are as dirty as you make it, but I don't think it benefits the site to make it dirty.

Suffice it to say, when your very first two bullet points regarding my campaign are demonstrably false--and false to the extent that I literally have no idea how you could possibly argue that you attempted in good faith to present both sides--I find myself questioning the motives of you making them. I usually give you the benefit of the doubt, and am inclined to think that when you do this sort of thing it's because of a lack of rigor in your approach. But this is a joke.

IT was merging both campaigns and goals in together from your past term and present, but im sorry you feel as if what was an attack. It was just a comparison between your past and current regime. You know I would never aim to personally attack you, and i'm sorry if you feel ill about it. I just wanted to try and highlight key points from both sides.

That's not what you presented this as. Try to spin it as you like, but this was not an honest comparison.

I'm really not intended to "spin" it. You should know me well enough to know that. There were 3 major ideas in your current one which was highlighted. Granted I will add a last regime to give a proper comparison to show that the top two were from the previous term.

I am under no illusions as to whose strategy is in play here. You posted a comparison--that comparison contained demonstrable falsehoods. Ones that no one could "accidentally" make. And now, as a response, your VP is making claims that I know for a fact he cannot support, given that I have never said what he's claiming I said.

I am very disappointed.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 12:51:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 12:50:46 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:46:23 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:44:46 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:43:08 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:38:47 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:31:42 AM, Mikal wrote:

I'ts not an attack I just wanted to highlight the points side by side. I'm sorry if you feel like it was strawmanning your platform or attacking your campaign, but I assure you that was not the intent. It was to lay out both platforms thus far.

I don't want this to be a campaign wherein your side lies, and I am forced to call you liars. Politics are as dirty as you make it, but I don't think it benefits the site to make it dirty.

Suffice it to say, when your very first two bullet points regarding my campaign are demonstrably false--and false to the extent that I literally have no idea how you could possibly argue that you attempted in good faith to present both sides--I find myself questioning the motives of you making them. I usually give you the benefit of the doubt, and am inclined to think that when you do this sort of thing it's because of a lack of rigor in your approach. But this is a joke.

IT was merging both campaigns and goals in together from your past term and present, but im sorry you feel as if what was an attack. It was just a comparison between your past and current regime. You know I would never aim to personally attack you, and i'm sorry if you feel ill about it. I just wanted to try and highlight key points from both sides.

That's not what you presented this as. Try to spin it as you like, but this was not an honest comparison.

I'm really not intended to "spin" it. You should know me well enough to know that. There were 3 major ideas in your current one which was highlighted. Granted I will add a last regime to give a proper comparison to show that the top two were from the previous term.

I am under no illusions as to whose strategy is in play here. You posted a comparison--that comparison contained demonstrable falsehoods. Ones that no one could "accidentally" make. And now, as a response, your VP is making claims that I know for a fact he cannot support, given that I have never said what he's claiming I said.

I am very disappointed.

Granted , the same person informed me what he is stating. He is just thinking to much into it. Ill tell you the person in a PM ff you desire but he is not lying.
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 1:02:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Very dirty politics being used here. Accusations and attacks... come on guys.... I think you are losing sight of what this really should be about. I am very displeased with the way things are turning out.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Ragnar
Posts: 1,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 1:17:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 1:02:33 AM, TUF wrote:
Very dirty politics being used here. Accusations and attacks... come on guys.... I think you are losing sight of what this really should be about.
I second this.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...