Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

Platform Comparisons Thus Far

bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 12:49:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
So, Mikal has made a post comparing platforms. Interestingly enough (and to riff off of YYW's political allusions), his representation of these "facts" is no less laughable that the idea that Obama was born in Kenya. I just thought I would do a reality check on these claims Mikal is making.

Mikal's Claim: He will "[g]et wider variety of DDO members to vote debates with voting incentives and voting groups," and that Blade has only "pledge[d] to vote every unvoted debate."

The Truth: Blade has indeed pledged to vote on every unvoted debate that is sent to him within 48 hours, which is something Mikal and his team hasn't done. But, Blade has also promised to improve the stickies to make it easier for people to see what debates need votes. Blade has also promised to make a Voting Squad were members will receive recognition for good votes in order to incentivize voting. In other words, Blade has promised to do what Mikal is doing, plus two extra things (personally voting on debates and reordering the stickies to make it easier to vote).

Mikal's Claim: That he will institute DDO's peacekeepers' program.

The Truth: First of all, Unitomic, the idea's inventor, has said he will work with ANY president to improve conduct in the forums. So, while Mikal is acting like he has a lock on Unitomic's ideas, he doesn't. Secondly, read the thread about peacekeepers. Danielle pretty well deconstructs the Peacekeeper program (that isn't to say the core idea is bad--it just needs tweaking). Thirdly, the peackeeper program is remarkably similar to Blade's forum ambassador program, which already has a trackrecord of success. Blade was the first person to successfully implement this kind of program.

Mikal's Claim: That restraining orders are given out to easily and that Blade won't work with Airmax to tweak moderation policy.

The Truth: Mikal hasn't given any evidence justifying the first claim, and Blade has never said that he isn't going to work with Max. In fact, I know firsthand that Blade and Max have a great working relationship, and, if anyone is going to persuade Max's mind on this issue, it is not Mikal--it's Blade.

Mikal's Claim: He talks about live mafia hangouts and social stuff on G+.

The Truth: Mikal can do this even if he is President. Why do we need him to be elected to implement this idea? In fact, in its heyday, these hangouts were not things created by the President.

Finally, and as a side note, I have already discussed the practical issues with the tournaments Mikal is proposing. There are far too many--it is not feasible to run that many tournaments (which can take up to 3 months to complete) in a 6 month term in office.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 12:59:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 12:49:42 AM, bsh1 wrote:
So, Mikal has made a post comparing platforms. Interestingly enough (and to riff off of YYW's political allusions), his representation of these "facts" is no less laughable that the idea that Obama was born in Kenya. I just thought I would do a reality check on these claims Mikal is making.

Mikal's Claim: He will "[g]et wider variety of DDO members to vote debates with voting incentives and voting groups," and that Blade has only "pledge[d] to vote every unvoted debate."

The Truth: Blade has indeed pledged to vote on every unvoted debate that is sent to him within 48 hours, which is something Mikal and his team hasn't done. But, Blade has also promised to improve the stickies to make it easier for people to see what debates need votes. Blade has also promised to make a Voting Squad were members will receive recognition for good votes in order to incentivize voting. In other words, Blade has promised to do what Mikal is doing, plus two extra things (personally voting on debates and reordering the stickies to make it easier to vote).

The voting squad ( was a concept by Endark) which I gave him due props for. Along with having Addison pledging to work with me a personal level and the council of truth

Mikal's Claim: That he will institute DDO's peacekeepers' program.

The Truth: First of all, Unitomic, the idea's inventor, has said he will work with ANY president to improve conduct in the forums. So, while Mikal is acting like he has a lock on Unitomic's ideas, he doesn't. Secondly, read the thread about peacekeepers. Danielle pretty well deconstructs the Peacekeeper program (that isn't to say the core idea is bad--it just needs tweaking). Thirdly, the peackeeper program is remarkably similar to Blade's forum ambassador program, which already has a trackrecord of success. Blade was the first person to successfully implement this kind of program.

I never said he would not work with anyone. He came to me specifically and asked me if I liked it. I said i loved it and we came to an agreement to work together to implement it. I even gave him credit for it every time i mentioned it.

Mikal's Claim: That restraining orders are given out to easily and that Blade won't work with Airmax to tweak moderation policy.

The Truth: Mikal hasn't given any evidence justifying the first claim, and Blade has never said that he isn't going to work with Max. In fact, I know firsthand that Blade and Max have a great working relationship, and, if anyone is going to persuade Max's mind on this issue, it is not Mikal--it's Blade.

Mikal's Claim: He talks about live mafia hangouts and social stuff on G+.

The Truth: Mikal can do this even if he is President. Why do we need him to be elected to implement this idea? In fact, in its heyday, these hangouts were not things created by the President.

That logic is flawed. By your own admission, juggle is not doing anything. Have you seen this ?

http://www.debate.org...

do you think juggle is going to work with anyone when they stated verbatim they were diverting resources and have not even updated the current president page, which takes 2 seconds. I have the email from them when TUF was in office that stated this. I even made a thread about a few months ago.

This entire election comes down to who has the drive and desire to push out ideas. I laid that out in the comparison quite well, name a time where I have not implemented something and went through with it. Along with acknowledgment from multiple members of what I have done. Your saying I can do the stuff I'm claiming to do when i'm not president while advocating for a platform that can do the stuff it's claiming to do while not in office. That is a tad bit of irony.


Finally, and as a side note, I have already discussed the practical issues with the tournaments Mikal is proposing. There are far too many--it is not feasible to run that many tournaments (which can take up to 3 months to complete) in a 6 month term in office.

You are free to think that , but with aarons help we can implement it. I finished my last one in around a month and half, and most of them are flacid ( the DDO draft ) especially updates as members do debates along with the AAN incentives
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 1:04:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 12:59:17 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:49:42 AM, bsh1 wrote:
So, Mikal has made a post comparing platforms. Interestingly enough (and to riff off of YYW's political allusions), his representation of these "facts" is no less laughable that the idea that Obama was born in Kenya. I just thought I would do a reality check on these claims Mikal is making.

Mikal's Claim: He will "[g]et wider variety of DDO members to vote debates with voting incentives and voting groups," and that Blade has only "pledge[d] to vote every unvoted debate."

The Truth: Blade has indeed pledged to vote on every unvoted debate that is sent to him within 48 hours, which is something Mikal and his team hasn't done. But, Blade has also promised to improve the stickies to make it easier for people to see what debates need votes. Blade has also promised to make a Voting Squad were members will receive recognition for good votes in order to incentivize voting. In other words, Blade has promised to do what Mikal is doing, plus two extra things (personally voting on debates and reordering the stickies to make it easier to vote).

The voting squad ( was a concept by Endark) which I gave him due props for. Along with having Addison pledging to work with me a personal level and the council of truth

The idea of a voting squad has existed long before Endark approached you with it. Moreover, Addison will do his COT thing regardless of whether you get elected--so it's a moot point. But, even if both things you said were relevant, none of them actually address my point.

Mikal's Claim: That he will institute DDO's peacekeepers' program.

The Truth: First of all, Unitomic, the idea's inventor, has said he will work with ANY president to improve conduct in the forums. So, while Mikal is acting like he has a lock on Unitomic's ideas, he doesn't. Secondly, read the thread about peacekeepers. Danielle pretty well deconstructs the Peacekeeper program (that isn't to say the core idea is bad--it just needs tweaking). Thirdly, the peackeeper program is remarkably similar to Blade's forum ambassador program, which already has a trackrecord of success. Blade was the first person to successfully implement this kind of program.

I never said he would not work with anyone. He came to me specifically and asked me if I liked it. I said i loved it and we came to an agreement to work together to implement it. I even gave him credit for it every time i mentioned it.

I saw that you gave him credit for it. That's not my point--my point is that it's nonunique and unoriginal.

Mikal's Claim: He talks about live mafia hangouts and social stuff on G+.

The Truth: Mikal can do this even if he is President. Why do we need him to be elected to implement this idea? In fact, in its heyday, these hangouts were not things created by the President.

That logic is flawed. By your own admission, juggle is not doing anything. Have you seen this ?

And what does this have to do with G+ ...?

Finally, and as a side note, I have already discussed the practical issues with the tournaments Mikal is proposing. There are far too many--it is not feasible to run that many tournaments (which can take up to 3 months to complete) in a 6 month term in office.


You are free to think that , but with aarons help we can implement it. I finished my last one in around a month and half, and most of them are flacid ( the DDO draft ) especially updates as members do debates along with the AAN incentives

How do you plan to address the concerns I have raised? I have asked you that multiple times and have never gotten concrete details to respond to it; I have only ever gotten equivocations.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 1:22:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 1:04:43 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:59:17 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:49:42 AM, bsh1 wrote:
So, Mikal has made a post comparing platforms. Interestingly enough (and to riff off of YYW's political allusions), his representation of these "facts" is no less laughable that the idea that Obama was born in Kenya. I just thought I would do a reality check on these claims Mikal is making.

Mikal's Claim: He will "[g]et wider variety of DDO members to vote debates with voting incentives and voting groups," and that Blade has only "pledge[d] to vote every unvoted debate."

The Truth: Blade has indeed pledged to vote on every unvoted debate that is sent to him within 48 hours, which is something Mikal and his team hasn't done. But, Blade has also promised to improve the stickies to make it easier for people to see what debates need votes. Blade has also promised to make a Voting Squad were members will receive recognition for good votes in order to incentivize voting. In other words, Blade has promised to do what Mikal is doing, plus two extra things (personally voting on debates and reordering the stickies to make it easier to vote).

The voting squad ( was a concept by Endark) which I gave him due props for. Along with having Addison pledging to work with me a personal level and the council of truth

The idea of a voting squad has existed long before Endark approached you with it. Moreover, Addison will do his COT thing regardless of whether you get elected--so it's a moot point. But, even if both things you said were relevant, none of them actually address my point.

He increased voting efforts is your point, saying I cannot do the same is an assumption at best. Especially with the people that are directly working with me

Mikal's Claim: That he will institute DDO's peacekeepers' program.

The Truth: First of all, Unitomic, the idea's inventor, has said he will work with ANY president to improve conduct in the forums. So, while Mikal is acting like he has a lock on Unitomic's ideas, he doesn't. Secondly, read the thread about peacekeepers. Danielle pretty well deconstructs the Peacekeeper program (that isn't to say the core idea is bad--it just needs tweaking). Thirdly, the peackeeper program is remarkably similar to Blade's forum ambassador program, which already has a trackrecord of success. Blade was the first person to successfully implement this kind of program.

I never said he would not work with anyone. He came to me specifically and asked me if I liked it. I said i loved it and we came to an agreement to work together to implement it. I even gave him credit for it every time i mentioned it.

I saw that you gave him credit for it. That's not my point--my point is that it's nonunique and unoriginal.

It's a concept a user wanted to use to better the site, and one that I will work with him on. Saying its no unique does not mean the last system that was proposed was effective. It obviously was not , because its not here , working, nor have most people ever heard of it.

Mikal's Claim: He talks about live mafia hangouts and social stuff on G+.

The Truth: Mikal can do this even if he is President. Why do we need him to be elected to implement this idea? In fact, in its heyday, these hangouts were not things created by the President.

That logic is flawed. By your own admission, juggle is not doing anything. Have you seen this ?

And what does this have to do with G+ ...?

Increasing a sense of community is based on my desire and my push. That was one way in which I achieved it in the past. By your own admission as well as mine juggle is a wall, so that is what the election should be focused on. The ideas I have did in the past pushed for site unity, assuming I can't do it in the future is a stretch nor is it validated by any means or logic.

Finally, and as a side note, I have already discussed the practical issues with the tournaments Mikal is proposing. There are far too many--it is not feasible to run that many tournaments (which can take up to 3 months to complete) in a 6 month term in office.


You are free to think that , but with aarons help we can implement it. I finished my last one in around a month and half, and most of them are flacid ( the DDO draft ) especially updates as members do debates along with the AAN incentives

How do you plan to address the concerns I have raised? I have asked you that multiple times and have never gotten concrete details to respond to it; I have only ever gotten equivocations.

That is a response. Yous said a tournament takes 3 months, I say you wrong. Addressed.

In addition most of them are not tournies , it's a competitions that updates itself as the person gets wins or does debates which pushes for better quality.
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 1:25:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I get it bsh1 this Mikal person is a shady character don't worry he won't ruse me. LONG LIVE THE PROLETARIAT! Why focus on him and not on whomever else is running? Sure I get the smear campaign and it's whole western appeal and the need for drama. More importantly if the presidency has no power only that which is assigned to it by our parent . I'd want someone who instead was fit to represent DDO as a reflection of the site. Does this blade person do this?
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 1:55:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 1:22:48 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/10/2014 1:04:43 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:59:17 AM, Mikal wrote:
The voting squad ( was a concept by Endark) which I gave him due props for. Along with having Addison pledging to work with me a personal level and the council of truth

The idea of a voting squad has existed long before Endark approached you with it. Moreover, Addison will do his COT thing regardless of whether you get elected--so it's a moot point. But, even if both things you said were relevant, none of them actually address my point.

He increased voting efforts is your point, saying I cannot do the same is an assumption at best. Especially with the people that are directly working with me

He increased voting efforts more than any prior President, and he deserves credit for that. But, what I am saying is that you misrepresented his platform by saying he would just do one thing, when, as a point of fact, he had a multiplicity of ideas and suggestions.

I never said he would not work with anyone. He came to me specifically and asked me if I liked it. I said i loved it and we came to an agreement to work together to implement it. I even gave him credit for it every time i mentioned it.

I saw that you gave him credit for it. That's not my point--my point is that it's nonunique and unoriginal.

It's a concept a user wanted to use to better the site, and one that I will work with him on. Saying its no unique does not mean the last system that was proposed was effective. It obviously was not , because its not here , working, nor have most people ever heard of it.

Most people haven't heard of it because it was just piloted in one section. That isn't evidence of its ineffectiveness. And, as someone who was a party to this program, I feel like I am far more qualified to discuss it than you are, esp. since all your objections are lacking any supporting evidence and are totally vague.

That logic is flawed. By your own admission, juggle is not doing anything. Have you seen this ?

And what does this have to do with G+ ...?

Increasing a sense of community is based on my desire and my push. That was one way in which I achieved it in the past.

Again, this doesn't address my objection that you could do this even if you weren't President. Why do we need to elect you to do this?

You are free to think that , but with aarons help we can implement it. I finished my last one in around a month and half, and most of them are flacid ( the DDO draft ) especially updates as members do debates along with the AAN incentives

How do you plan to address the concerns I have raised? I have asked you that multiple times and have never gotten concrete details to respond to it; I have only ever gotten equivocations.

That is a response. Yous said a tournament takes 3 months, I say you wrong. Addressed.

Point me to a tournament that had at least 10 people participating that took less than 2 to 3 months or so. The larger the tournament, the longer it takes.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 2:05:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 1:55:02 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 1:22:48 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/10/2014 1:04:43 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:59:17 AM, Mikal wrote:
The voting squad ( was a concept by Endark) which I gave him due props for. Along with having Addison pledging to work with me a personal level and the council of truth

The idea of a voting squad has existed long before Endark approached you with it. Moreover, Addison will do his COT thing regardless of whether you get elected--so it's a moot point. But, even if both things you said were relevant, none of them actually address my point.

He increased voting efforts is your point, saying I cannot do the same is an assumption at best. Especially with the people that are directly working with me

He increased voting efforts more than any prior President, and he deserves credit for that. But, what I am saying is that you misrepresented his platform by saying he would just do one thing, when, as a point of fact, he had a multiplicity of ideas and suggestions.

I put his platform up verbatim, You can look at it or I can link it. Even the updated part with mirza

I never said he would not work with anyone. He came to me specifically and asked me if I liked it. I said i loved it and we came to an agreement to work together to implement it. I even gave him credit for it every time i mentioned it.

I saw that you gave him credit for it. That's not my point--my point is that it's nonunique and unoriginal.

It's a concept a user wanted to use to better the site, and one that I will work with him on. Saying its no unique does not mean the last system that was proposed was effective. It obviously was not , because its not here , working, nor have most people ever heard of it.

Most people haven't heard of it because it was just piloted in one section. That isn't evidence of its ineffectiveness. And, as someone who was a party to this program, I feel like I am far more qualified to discuss it than you are, esp. since all your objections are lacking any supporting evidence and are totally vague.

That logic is flawed. By your own admission, juggle is not doing anything. Have you seen this ?

And what does this have to do with G+ ...?

Increasing a sense of community is based on my desire and my push. That was one way in which I achieved it in the past.

Again, this doesn't address my objection that you could do this even if you weren't President. Why do we need to elect you to do this?

You are free to think that , but with aarons help we can implement it. I finished my last one in around a month and half, and most of them are flacid ( the DDO draft ) especially updates as members do debates along with the AAN incentives

How do you plan to address the concerns I have raised? I have asked you that multiple times and have never gotten concrete details to respond to it; I have only ever gotten equivocations.

That is a response. Yous said a tournament takes 3 months, I say you wrong. Addressed.

Point me to a tournament that had at least 10 people participating that took less than 2 to 3 months or so. The larger the tournament, the longer it takes.

mine was a month and half - 2 months if you count the week I had to stall out.
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 3:26:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 2:05:22 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/10/2014 1:55:02 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 1:22:48 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/10/2014 1:04:43 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:59:17 AM, Mikal wrote:
The voting squad ( was a concept by Endark) which I gave him due props for. Along with having Addison pledging to work with me a personal level and the council of truth

The idea of a voting squad has existed long before Endark approached you with it. Moreover, Addison will do his COT thing regardless of whether you get elected--so it's a moot point. But, even if both things you said were relevant, none of them actually address my point.

He increased voting efforts is your point, saying I cannot do the same is an assumption at best. Especially with the people that are directly working with me

He increased voting efforts more than any prior President, and he deserves credit for that. But, what I am saying is that you misrepresented his platform by saying he would just do one thing, when, as a point of fact, he had a multiplicity of ideas and suggestions.

I put his platform up verbatim, You can look at it or I can link it. Even the updated part with mirza

No, you didn't. You egregiously strawmaned Blade's stance to make it appear as if he had no positive ideas in certain areas.

That is a response. Yous said a tournament takes 3 months, I say you wrong. Addressed.

Point me to a tournament that had at least 10 people participating that took less than 2 to 3 months or so. The larger the tournament, the longer it takes.

mine was a month and half - 2 months if you count the week I had to stall out.

Links?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 3:34:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 3:26:26 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 2:05:22 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/10/2014 1:55:02 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 1:22:48 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/10/2014 1:04:43 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:59:17 AM, Mikal wrote:
The voting squad ( was a concept by Endark) which I gave him due props for. Along with having Addison pledging to work with me a personal level and the council of truth

The idea of a voting squad has existed long before Endark approached you with it. Moreover, Addison will do his COT thing regardless of whether you get elected--so it's a moot point. But, even if both things you said were relevant, none of them actually address my point.

He increased voting efforts is your point, saying I cannot do the same is an assumption at best. Especially with the people that are directly working with me

He increased voting efforts more than any prior President, and he deserves credit for that. But, what I am saying is that you misrepresented his platform by saying he would just do one thing, when, as a point of fact, he had a multiplicity of ideas and suggestions.

I put his platform up verbatim, You can look at it or I can link it. Even the updated part with mirza

No, you didn't. You egregiously strawmaned Blade's stance to make it appear as if he had no positive ideas in certain areas.

I copied the platform , I pulled it off the platform page

That is a response. Yous said a tournament takes 3 months, I say you wrong. Addressed.

Point me to a tournament that had at least 10 people participating that took less than 2 to 3 months or so. The larger the tournament, the longer it takes.

mine was a month and half - 2 months if you count the week I had to stall out.

Links?

there in the other. Thread I post everything I have ever did in there thus far and prob missed some
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 3:38:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 3:34:52 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/10/2014 3:26:26 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 2:05:22 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/10/2014 1:55:02 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 1:22:48 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/10/2014 1:04:43 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:59:17 AM, Mikal wrote:
The voting squad ( was a concept by Endark) which I gave him due props for. Along with having Addison pledging to work with me a personal level and the council of truth

The idea of a voting squad has existed long before Endark approached you with it. Moreover, Addison will do his COT thing regardless of whether you get elected--so it's a moot point. But, even if both things you said were relevant, none of them actually address my point.

He increased voting efforts is your point, saying I cannot do the same is an assumption at best. Especially with the people that are directly working with me

He increased voting efforts more than any prior President, and he deserves credit for that. But, what I am saying is that you misrepresented his platform by saying he would just do one thing, when, as a point of fact, he had a multiplicity of ideas and suggestions.

I put his platform up verbatim, You can look at it or I can link it. Even the updated part with mirza

No, you didn't. You egregiously strawmaned Blade's stance to make it appear as if he had no positive ideas in certain areas.

I copied the platform , I pulled it off the platform page

I call BS. If you had actually taken time to understand Blade's platform, you would realize that you did misrepresent his platform, as the whole OP of this thread demonstrates. That OP speaks for itself.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 3:41:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 3:38:13 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 3:34:52 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/10/2014 3:26:26 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 2:05:22 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/10/2014 1:55:02 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 1:22:48 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/10/2014 1:04:43 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 12:59:17 AM, Mikal wrote:
The voting squad ( was a concept by Endark) which I gave him due props for. Along with having Addison pledging to work with me a personal level and the council of truth

The idea of a voting squad has existed long before Endark approached you with it. Moreover, Addison will do his COT thing regardless of whether you get elected--so it's a moot point. But, even if both things you said were relevant, none of them actually address my point.

He increased voting efforts is your point, saying I cannot do the same is an assumption at best. Especially with the people that are directly working with me

He increased voting efforts more than any prior President, and he deserves credit for that. But, what I am saying is that you misrepresented his platform by saying he would just do one thing, when, as a point of fact, he had a multiplicity of ideas and suggestions.

I put his platform up verbatim, You can look at it or I can link it. Even the updated part with mirza

No, you didn't. You egregiously strawmaned Blade's stance to make it appear as if he had no positive ideas in certain areas.

I copied the platform , I pulled it off the platform page

I call BS. If you had actually taken time to understand Blade's platform, you would realize that you did misrepresent his platform, as the whole OP of this thread demonstrates. That OP speaks for itself.

I pulled the key points verbatim. Which include voting incentives, a voting squad, mirza being the ambassador, voting for debates if necessary, etc and so forth. That was literally outlined.

I'm sorry if you feel it was misrepresented but that is for people to decide, as I literally took the main contentions of both sides and put it on a spreadsheet. The hostility that has came from this however is disturbing
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 3:45:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 3:41:37 PM, Mikal wrote:

I'm sorry if you feel it was misrepresented but that is for people to decide

Very well. Then I will ensure this page stays bumped so that people can see the opposing side to your comparison.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 3:51:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 3:45:20 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 3:41:37 PM, Mikal wrote:

I'm sorry if you feel it was misrepresented but that is for people to decide

Very well. Then I will ensure this page stays bumped so that people can see the opposing side to your comparison.

I'm sure your will, the aggression from the past days along with attacking my campaign team personally is something I have come to expect at this point.

This has turned into "dont vote for mikal/ima because hes a bad guy" rather than focusing on what needs to be focused on, and that is the platforms. You are free to bump whatever you want, it just furthers the point people are making as they watch in response. Granted none of this is on blade at all, it's the people that are supporting him that are doing it. Eddie has remained civil thus far.

I think two or three people noted this as well

" I don't think that interactions like this are ok, but I also find it extremely ironic that the Blade campaign immediately seized advantage of a situation wherein they could incriminate Mikal as playing "mean/dirty politics" by creating posters stating as much.

Taking advantage of the idea that Mikal is politicking "dirtily" to gain votes and advertising it can be summarized as dirty in itself. "

So you can continue you to bash us all you want, you can even continue to post pictures saying we are uncivil, and have no self respect.

I'm going to do what i'm suppose to do, and thats work on improving DDO while everyone else fights about things that should have been dropped ages ago
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 3:59:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 3:51:58 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/10/2014 3:45:20 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 3:41:37 PM, Mikal wrote:

I'm sorry if you feel it was misrepresented but that is for people to decide

Very well. Then I will ensure this page stays bumped so that people can see the opposing side to your comparison.

I'm sure your will, the aggression from the past days along with attacking my campaign team personally is something I have come to expect at this point.

How is what I said a personal attack?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 4:05:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 3:59:25 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 3:51:58 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/10/2014 3:45:20 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 3:41:37 PM, Mikal wrote:

I'm sorry if you feel it was misrepresented but that is for people to decide

Very well. Then I will ensure this page stays bumped so that people can see the opposing side to your comparison.

I'm sure your will, the aggression from the past days along with attacking my campaign team personally is something I have come to expect at this point.

How is what I said a personal attack?

I did not state you in general, I said I expected it of the campaign team. Have you seen your campaign posters and how people view them. Implying someone lacks civility, honesty, and the ability to be pragmatic and have proper discretion is something else to say the least.

Not only is it not focusing on the election, but it's a shot to try and push for votes by discrediting someone as a person, and not just a person but quite a few good people. I'm perfectly fine with it, because of how people are responding to it. I'm glad people view me as civil and honest and they thought it was a low blow as well.

You are free to post whatever you wish (at least in that regard), that is your right on the site. As I said for now I'm going to continue focusing on what needs to be focused on. That is improvement. You guys can attack us all you want, I have been attacked this entire election and im quite sure that will not change anytime soon. If anything seeing the response and support I got from that gave me motivation to push harder

I can change the site for the better and I will, despite of how people constnatly attack me.

With that being said, there is nothing left to discuss. The only that is left is for me to do what needs to be done, and that is help the site
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 4:11:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 4:05:54 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/10/2014 3:59:25 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 3:51:58 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/10/2014 3:45:20 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 3:41:37 PM, Mikal wrote:

I'm sorry if you feel it was misrepresented but that is for people to decide

Very well. Then I will ensure this page stays bumped so that people can see the opposing side to your comparison.

I'm sure your will, the aggression from the past days along with attacking my campaign team personally is something I have come to expect at this point.

How is what I said a personal attack?

I did not state you in general, I said I expected it of the campaign team.

So why did you totally change the topic? Your digression made it sound as if you thought that what I had said was a personal attack. There was no segue.

Have you seen your campaign posters and how people view them. Implying someone lacks civility, honesty, and the ability to be pragmatic and have proper discretion is something else to say the least.

The campaign poster that I am displaying doesn't say any of those things. Moreover, the posters were TUF's initiatives, and not something that Blade or his team had a role in, so it is not fair to critique them for the posters' content.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 4:12:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Very well-said, bsh. In particular, nobody should attribute the Peacekeeper programme to Mikal, for he did not initiate it. (YYW, I believe, did this mistake.) In addition, it is not a well-structured plan, for it is overly detailed without having to be so. Not to mention, it is absolutely nothing new in its type, for Bladerunner has a current programme that is very similar, and functioning, and plans on making it even better with his SFA plan in the next term.
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 4:17:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 4:11:26 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 4:05:54 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/10/2014 3:59:25 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 3:51:58 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/10/2014 3:45:20 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 3:41:37 PM, Mikal wrote:

I'm sorry if you feel it was misrepresented but that is for people to decide

Very well. Then I will ensure this page stays bumped so that people can see the opposing side to your comparison.

I'm sure your will, the aggression from the past days along with attacking my campaign team personally is something I have come to expect at this point.

How is what I said a personal attack?

I did not state you in general, I said I expected it of the campaign team.

So why did you totally change the topic? Your digression made it sound as if you thought that what I had said was a personal attack. There was no segue.

Have you seen your campaign posters and how people view them. Implying someone lacks civility, honesty, and the ability to be pragmatic and have proper discretion is something else to say the least.

The campaign poster that I am displaying doesn't say any of those things. Moreover, the posters were TUF's initiatives, and not something that Blade or his team had a role in, so it is not fair to critique them for the posters' content.

A campaign team is a group of people that advocates for someones election. Seeing as how you have have +1ed Tufs thread and bumped it as well, that should say you agree with his judgement and he for all practical purposes is a part of your campaign team. You are as well in that regard, you are not in the admin but you are actively advocating for someone to be in office. Tufs endorsement is even sigged along with yours in your own promotions

Yet you can try to discredit people by calling them uncivil, not honest, and lacking discretion then have laughs about in a forum after they are posted

Sure it's his initiative, but there is no way you can argue that he is not apart of the team advocating for blade.

I really don't see the point in continuing this, as it's getting circular. I am just saying I want to focus on the election and not focusing on attacking people as individuals. You guys are free to do whatever you wish though. I have endured attack all in this campaign, i can endure a few more.
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 4:20:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 4:17:35 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/10/2014 4:11:26 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 4:05:54 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/10/2014 3:59:25 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 3:51:58 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/10/2014 3:45:20 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 3:41:37 PM, Mikal wrote:

I'm sorry if you feel it was misrepresented but that is for people to decide

Very well. Then I will ensure this page stays bumped so that people can see the opposing side to your comparison.

I'm sure your will, the aggression from the past days along with attacking my campaign team personally is something I have come to expect at this point.

How is what I said a personal attack?

I did not state you in general, I said I expected it of the campaign team.

So why did you totally change the topic? Your digression made it sound as if you thought that what I had said was a personal attack. There was no segue.

Have you seen your campaign posters and how people view them. Implying someone lacks civility, honesty, and the ability to be pragmatic and have proper discretion is something else to say the least.

The campaign poster that I am displaying doesn't say any of those things. Moreover, the posters were TUF's initiatives, and not something that Blade or his team had a role in, so it is not fair to critique them for the posters' content.

A campaign team is a group of people that advocates for someones election.

Mikal, to blame Blade for what was done without his knowledge is categorically unfair and wrong.

Seeing as how you have have +1ed Tufs thread and bumped it as well, that should say you agree with his judgement and he for all practical purposes is a part of your campaign team.

I agree with the gist of what he said in his endorsement. That doesn't mean that I back everything he says.

Yet you can try to discredit people by calling them uncivil, not honest, and lacking discretion then have laughs about in a forum after they are posted

Where I have I done this?

I really don't see the point in continuing this, as it's getting circular.

Fine. Then, let's just leave it here.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 4:23:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 4:20:13 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 4:17:35 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/10/2014 4:11:26 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 4:05:54 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/10/2014 3:59:25 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 3:51:58 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/10/2014 3:45:20 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 3:41:37 PM, Mikal wrote:

I'm sorry if you feel it was misrepresented but that is for people to decide

Very well. Then I will ensure this page stays bumped so that people can see the opposing side to your comparison.

I'm sure your will, the aggression from the past days along with attacking my campaign team personally is something I have come to expect at this point.

How is what I said a personal attack?

I did not state you in general, I said I expected it of the campaign team.

So why did you totally change the topic? Your digression made it sound as if you thought that what I had said was a personal attack. There was no segue.

Have you seen your campaign posters and how people view them. Implying someone lacks civility, honesty, and the ability to be pragmatic and have proper discretion is something else to say the least.

The campaign poster that I am displaying doesn't say any of those things. Moreover, the posters were TUF's initiatives, and not something that Blade or his team had a role in, so it is not fair to critique them for the posters' content.

A campaign team is a group of people that advocates for someones election.

Mikal, to blame Blade for what was done without his knowledge is categorically unfair and wrong.

Seeing as how you have have +1ed Tufs thread and bumped it as well, that should say you agree with his judgement and he for all practical purposes is a part of your campaign team.

I agree with the gist of what he said in his endorsement. That doesn't mean that I back everything he says.

Yet you can try to discredit people by calling them uncivil, not honest, and lacking discretion then have laughs about in a forum after they are posted

Where I have I done this?

I really don't see the point in continuing this, as it's getting circular.

Fine. Then, let's just leave it here.

yeah i think its for the best to leave it here. But you as well as i know that was a cheap shot, and not just a cheap shot but an attack on quite a few people personally

with that, there is no reason to continue this as it will keep going in circles
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 4:26:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 4:23:24 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/10/2014 4:20:13 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 4:17:35 PM, Mikal wrote:
I really don't see the point in continuing this, as it's getting circular.

Fine. Then, let's just leave it here.

yeah i think its for the best to leave it here.

Okie dokie.

But you as well as i know that was a cheap shot, and not just a cheap shot but an attack on quite a few people personally

If you're referring to the posters, I have already addressed that. If you're referring to something I did, I am not sure what that is.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 10:24:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Bump
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 2:23:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Since this may be my very last chance to bump stuff...BUMP...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...