Total Posts:116|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Heated elections

bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 1:37:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
This election season is probably the most heated on record. I'd like to call for us all to remember, as several members have pointed out, that it's just an election. It should not be as heated as it is. That said, I feel obliged to address some things, because I can't allow dishonesty to stand.

An accusation was lobbed at me by the VP of the opposition, namely, that I advocated someone lie to Mikal and tell him they supported him, but to actually support me.

I would never do such a thing. That's dirty pool, and I wouldn't stand for it. The accusation is untrue, and I'd be happy to do whatever it took to prove it, whether that's posting a PM or getting airmax to verify using his moderation abilities. Thus far, the accusation is based on " a source" claiming it, according to the opposition.

There have been various other misrepresentations made, as well--such as that I've promised "weekly updates", with scare quotes.

To be clear, I didn't promise those. I specifically didn't promise those because I felt that the purpose of having them--making the presidency an open and transparent position--had been served, and that "update fatigue" was setting in. What I did ACTUALLY promise was that there would be no less than one update from me a month, and that every individual project would have its own public updates and milestones, so that people don't have to read one big long update to get information about the projects they're interested in.

I've also heard the accusation that airmax is currently handing out restraining orders for "very minor offenses". This is just false. At present, there are a miniscule number of ROs in effect. They have ONLY been handed out after repeated infractions that cannot be resolved any other way. Claiming otherwise is a falsehood.

I will not speak on the subject of any SPECIFIC RO without the people involved's permission, because member privacy is important. But if someone wants to make the claim, I'd be happy to explain precisely why it's a falsehood in their case--though I suspect that no one will take me up on that offer, given that it's so easy to disprove.

DDO does not benefit from false claims or dirty politics. This election does not need to be a mudslinging contest. That said, I will respond to any mud thrown my way by showing its lack of validity.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 1:47:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
This is derived from here. Some where irritated I posted a comparison and anyone in general that feels its a bad idea has my apologizes. I thought it was a good way to comapre the platforms

http://www.debate.org...

I would also like to state that eddie has had not part in the accusation that he just claimed. The entire thing derived from when a certain member messaged bench, and told him that he was asked to and was aware that certain members were (x , y , z ), you can read the full thing above if you wish.

Eddie would never take part in that, and bench was slightly irritated that he got a message from someone claiming he was asked to do that (not by eddie).

If this were to happen or did happen, i'm 100 percent certain eddie had nothing to do with it
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 1:57:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
This is one of the most ridiculous elections I've seen. I wish Max would just appoint a President himself - it would cut out a lot of this pointless back-and-forth bickering.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 1:58:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 1:57:12 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
This is one of the most ridiculous elections I've seen. I wish Max would just appoint a President himself - it would cut out a lot of this pointless back-and-forth bickering.

But that would defeat the purpose of having half the active members mad at someone.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 1:59:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 1:47:14 AM, Mikal wrote:
This is derived from here. Some where irritated I posted a comparison and anyone in general that feels its a bad idea has my apologizes. I thought it was a good way to comapre the platforms

http://www.debate.org...


I would also like to state that eddie has had not part in the accusation that he just claimed. The entire thing derived from when a certain member messaged bench, and told him that he was asked to and was aware that certain members were (x , y , z ), you can read the full thing above if you wish.

Eddie would never take part in that, and bench was slightly irritated that he got a message from someone claiming he was asked to do that (not by eddie).

If this were to happen or did happen, i'm 100 percent certain eddie had nothing to do with it
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 1:59:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 1:37:40 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
This election season is probably the most heated on record. I'd like to call for us all to remember, as several members have pointed out, that it's just an election. It should not be as heated as it is. That said, I feel obliged to address some things, because I can't allow dishonesty to stand.

An accusation was lobbed at me by the VP of the opposition, namely, that I advocated someone lie to Mikal and tell him they supported him, but to actually support me.

I would never do such a thing. That's dirty pool, and I wouldn't stand for it. The accusation is untrue, and I'd be happy to do whatever it took to prove it, whether that's posting a PM or getting airmax to verify using his moderation abilities. Thus far, the accusation is based on " a source" claiming it, according to the opposition.

The source who shall continue to remain anonymous for their own protection said verbatim:

"A number of people who support bladerunner/bsh have agreed to say that they would vote for mikal/bench/bluesteel if they were questioned, but actually will vote for bladerunner/bsh when the election comes around"

Key words, "agreed to", meaning that someone had to have originally pitched the idea or flat out ordered your supporters to lie if polled, and then several of them agreed to do so.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 2:00:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 1:58:34 AM, headphonegut wrote:
At 12/10/2014 1:57:12 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
This is one of the most ridiculous elections I've seen. I wish Max would just appoint a President himself - it would cut out a lot of this pointless back-and-forth bickering.

But that would defeat the purpose of having half the active members mad at someone.

Oh, wow, welcome back to the site!
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 2:02:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 1:59:44 AM, imabench wrote:
At 12/10/2014 1:37:40 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
This election season is probably the most heated on record. I'd like to call for us all to remember, as several members have pointed out, that it's just an election. It should not be as heated as it is. That said, I feel obliged to address some things, because I can't allow dishonesty to stand.

An accusation was lobbed at me by the VP of the opposition, namely, that I advocated someone lie to Mikal and tell him they supported him, but to actually support me.

I would never do such a thing. That's dirty pool, and I wouldn't stand for it. The accusation is untrue, and I'd be happy to do whatever it took to prove it, whether that's posting a PM or getting airmax to verify using his moderation abilities. Thus far, the accusation is based on " a source" claiming it, according to the opposition.

The source who shall continue to remain anonymous for their own protection said verbatim:

"A number of people who support bladerunner/bsh have agreed to say that they would vote for mikal/bench/bluesteel if they were questioned, but actually will vote for bladerunner/bsh when the election comes around"

Key words, "agreed to", meaning that someone had to have originally pitched the idea or flat out ordered your supporters to lie if polled, and then several of them agreed to do so.

bench, I continue to maintain that this claim is false, including the "key words" in it.

No one from my administration pitched such a thing.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 2:02:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 1:37:40 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:

I will not speak on the subject of any SPECIFIC RO without the people involved's permission, because member privacy is important.

As a separate question: Why doesn't your transparency promise include disclosing when temp-bans and RO's have been issued?

Don't DDO members who are new to the site have a right to know which members generate a lot of RO's and temp-bans so they know to be wary of interacting with them?

Why is there a right to privacy when the moderator has determined there has been a sufficiently flagrant TOS violation to temp ban someone? In the US, once you're convicted of a crime, you don't have a right to have that conviction kept private.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 2:03:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 2:00:01 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 12/10/2014 1:58:34 AM, headphonegut wrote:
At 12/10/2014 1:57:12 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
This is one of the most ridiculous elections I've seen. I wish Max would just appoint a President himself - it would cut out a lot of this pointless back-and-forth bickering.

But that would defeat the purpose of having half the active members mad at someone.

Oh, wow, welcome back to the site!

^
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 2:03:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 2:00:01 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 12/10/2014 1:58:34 AM, headphonegut wrote:
At 12/10/2014 1:57:12 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
This is one of the most ridiculous elections I've seen. I wish Max would just appoint a President himself - it would cut out a lot of this pointless back-and-forth bickering.

But that would defeat the purpose of having half the active members mad at someone.

Oh, wow, welcome back to the site!

Thanks burrito unfortunately I'd vote for someone but I doubt that it will affect me in anyway whatsoever.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 2:04:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 2:03:28 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 12/10/2014 2:00:01 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 12/10/2014 1:58:34 AM, headphonegut wrote:
At 12/10/2014 1:57:12 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
This is one of the most ridiculous elections I've seen. I wish Max would just appoint a President himself - it would cut out a lot of this pointless back-and-forth bickering.

But that would defeat the purpose of having half the active members mad at someone.

Oh, wow, welcome back to the site!

^

Oh thanks did you have at one point a dexter avatar?
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 2:05:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 1:59:44 AM, imabench wrote:
At 12/10/2014 1:37:40 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
This election season is probably the most heated on record. I'd like to call for us all to remember, as several members have pointed out, that it's just an election. It should not be as heated as it is. That said, I feel obliged to address some things, because I can't allow dishonesty to stand.

An accusation was lobbed at me by the VP of the opposition, namely, that I advocated someone lie to Mikal and tell him they supported him, but to actually support me.

I would never do such a thing. That's dirty pool, and I wouldn't stand for it. The accusation is untrue, and I'd be happy to do whatever it took to prove it, whether that's posting a PM or getting airmax to verify using his moderation abilities. Thus far, the accusation is based on " a source" claiming it, according to the opposition.

The source who shall continue to remain anonymous for their own protection said verbatim:

"A number of people who support bladerunner/bsh have agreed to say that they would vote for mikal/bench/bluesteel if they were questioned, but actually will vote for bladerunner/bsh when the election comes around"

Key words, "agreed to", meaning that someone had to have originally pitched the idea or flat out ordered your supporters to lie if polled, and then several of them agreed to do so.

I honestly don't think Eddie authorized this behavior. It may have been someone campaigning for him, and I would assume he knows who those people are, so in theory, he could investigate and find out who was doing this and report back.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 2:06:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 2:04:28 AM, headphonegut wrote:
At 12/10/2014 2:03:28 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 12/10/2014 2:00:01 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 12/10/2014 1:58:34 AM, headphonegut wrote:
At 12/10/2014 1:57:12 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
This is one of the most ridiculous elections I've seen. I wish Max would just appoint a President himself - it would cut out a lot of this pointless back-and-forth bickering.

But that would defeat the purpose of having half the active members mad at someone.

Oh, wow, welcome back to the site!

^

Oh thanks did you have at one point a dexter avatar?

lol yeah, but that was ages ago. You've been gone a long time my friend.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 2:08:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 2:06:15 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 12/10/2014 2:04:28 AM, headphonegut wrote:
At 12/10/2014 2:03:28 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 12/10/2014 2:00:01 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 12/10/2014 1:58:34 AM, headphonegut wrote:
At 12/10/2014 1:57:12 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
This is one of the most ridiculous elections I've seen. I wish Max would just appoint a President himself - it would cut out a lot of this pointless back-and-forth bickering.

But that would defeat the purpose of having half the active members mad at someone.

Oh, wow, welcome back to the site!

^

Oh thanks did you have at one point a dexter avatar?

lol yeah, but that was ages ago. You've been gone a long time my friend.

DUUUUUDEn I remember can I proxy my vote to you? I have no interest in this presidential election to be completely honest.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 2:09:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 2:08:16 AM, headphonegut wrote:
At 12/10/2014 2:06:15 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 12/10/2014 2:04:28 AM, headphonegut wrote:
At 12/10/2014 2:03:28 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 12/10/2014 2:00:01 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 12/10/2014 1:58:34 AM, headphonegut wrote:
At 12/10/2014 1:57:12 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
This is one of the most ridiculous elections I've seen. I wish Max would just appoint a President himself - it would cut out a lot of this pointless back-and-forth bickering.

But that would defeat the purpose of having half the active members mad at someone.

Oh, wow, welcome back to the site!

^

Oh thanks did you have at one point a dexter avatar?

lol yeah, but that was ages ago. You've been gone a long time my friend.

DUUUUUDEn I remember can I proxy my vote to you? I have no interest in this presidential election to be completely honest.

I don't think that's allowed, but you can vote Mikal when the time comes. I'll be his chief of staff.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 2:12:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 2:09:48 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 12/10/2014 2:08:16 AM, headphonegut wrote:
At 12/10/2014 2:06:15 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 12/10/2014 2:04:28 AM, headphonegut wrote:
At 12/10/2014 2:03:28 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 12/10/2014 2:00:01 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 12/10/2014 1:58:34 AM, headphonegut wrote:
At 12/10/2014 1:57:12 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
This is one of the most ridiculous elections I've seen. I wish Max would just appoint a President himself - it would cut out a lot of this pointless back-and-forth bickering.

But that would defeat the purpose of having half the active members mad at someone.

Oh, wow, welcome back to the site!

^

Oh thanks did you have at one point a dexter avatar?

lol yeah, but that was ages ago. You've been gone a long time my friend.

DUUUUUDEn I remember can I proxy my vote to you? I have no interest in this presidential election to be completely honest.

I don't think that's allowed, but you can vote Mikal when the time comes. I'll be his chief of staff.

That's what I meant big dog :p. I assume he's gonna do something about the temp accounts that pop up in the forums advertising annoying shhhht and whatnot.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 2:13:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 2:02:51 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 12/10/2014 1:37:40 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:

I will not speak on the subject of any SPECIFIC RO without the people involved's permission, because member privacy is important.

As a separate question: Why doesn't your transparency promise include disclosing when temp-bans and RO's have been issued?

Don't DDO members who are new to the site have a right to know which members generate a lot of RO's and temp-bans so they know to be wary of interacting with them?

Why is there a right to privacy when the moderator has determined there has been a sufficiently flagrant TOS violation to temp ban someone? In the US, once you're convicted of a crime, you don't have a right to have that conviction kept private.

So you think all moderator actions should be completely public (save, since you didn't mention them, for mere PM warnings)?

Ignoring for a moment the broader implications--because I think you're wrong, and I ALSO think that necessarily assigning blame in ROs is an ill-founded idea--you honestly think that airmax will be on board with the notion of making ALL such moderation public?

Because I don't think he will be, and ultimately it's his decision, not yours, not Mikal's, and not mine how included the president is on those decisions.

While I'm not saying that a conversation can't be had on the subject, pretending to ask it as a question, when it HAS been discussed, numerous times, isn't a particularly honest tack to take. My administration has been the most open one on record regarding moderation, precisely because I DON'T think it should be entirely a secret process.

But no, I don't think all moderation should be public. I think members have a right to avoid being stigmatized. One mistake should not ruin their interactions on the site, or preclude them from, say, ultimately gaining a position of responsibility.

That said, if you think this is a good idea, perhaps you'd like to give a detailed list of all the times that moderation has had to be intervene with and/or tempban your running mate(s) as a show of good faith that it's actually something you support. I'd be happy to include all the times it has happened to me. My list has 0 entries.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 2:15:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 2:05:42 AM, bluesteel wrote:

I honestly don't think Eddie authorized this behavior. It may have been someone campaigning for him, and I would assume he knows who those people are, so in theory, he could investigate and find out who was doing this and report back.

Alright fine, until the name of who undertook such actions is produced, I wont make a big deal of this further, even though my original suspicions havent been disproven.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 2:15:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 1:57:12 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
This is one of the most ridiculous elections I've seen. I wish Max would just appoint a President himself - it would cut out a lot of this pointless back-and-forth bickering.

The Fool: kinda fun
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 2:20:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 2:13:06 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 12/10/2014 2:02:51 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 12/10/2014 1:37:40 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:

I will not speak on the subject of any SPECIFIC RO without the people involved's permission, because member privacy is important.

As a separate question: Why doesn't your transparency promise include disclosing when temp-bans and RO's have been issued?

Don't DDO members who are new to the site have a right to know which members generate a lot of RO's and temp-bans so they know to be wary of interacting with them?

Why is there a right to privacy when the moderator has determined there has been a sufficiently flagrant TOS violation to temp ban someone? In the US, once you're convicted of a crime, you don't have a right to have that conviction kept private.

So you think all moderator actions should be completely public (save, since you didn't mention them, for mere PM warnings)?

Ignoring for a moment the broader implications--because I think you're wrong, and I ALSO think that necessarily assigning blame in ROs is an ill-founded idea--you honestly think that airmax will be on board with the notion of making ALL such moderation public?

Because I don't think he will be, and ultimately it's his decision, not yours, not Mikal's, and not mine how included the president is on those decisions.

While I'm not saying that a conversation can't be had on the subject, pretending to ask it as a question, when it HAS been discussed, numerous times, isn't a particularly honest tack to take. My administration has been the most open one on record regarding moderation, precisely because I DON'T think it should be entirely a secret process.

But no, I don't think all moderation should be public. I think members have a right to avoid being stigmatized. One mistake should not ruin their interactions on the site, or preclude them from, say, ultimately gaining a position of responsibility.

That said, if you think this is a good idea, perhaps you'd like to give a detailed list of all the times that moderation has had to be intervene with and/or tempban your running mate(s) as a show of good faith that it's actually something you support. I'd be happy to include all the times it has happened to me. My list has 0 entries.

Your OP post suggested this election is too heated. I've tried to take the tact with you of calming things down in recent days, but that doesn't work if all your responses are so hostile. I think you made a good point about RO's that they are sometimes no fault just for cooling off, but I've always thought temp bans should be publicly disclosed. People have a right to know who committed a serious TOS violation.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 2:23:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
But no, I don't think all moderation should be public. I think members have a right to avoid being stigmatized. One mistake should not ruin their interactions on the site, or preclude them from, say, ultimately gaining a position of responsibility.
1+
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Beginner
Posts: 4,292
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 2:36:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 1:37:40 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
An accusation was lobbed at me by the VP of the opposition, namely, that I advocated someone lie to Mikal and tell him they supported him, but to actually support me.
Lol, that sounds hilarious. Major props to the idea.
Senpai has noticed you.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 2:41:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 2:37:46 AM, TUF wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

TUF, I think this is a bit of an oversimplification. Blade's entire thread devoted to calling me a liar wasn't exactly "clean politics."
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
TUF
Posts: 21,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 2:44:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 2:41:30 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 12/10/2014 2:37:46 AM, TUF wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

TUF, I think this is a bit of an oversimplification. Blade's entire thread devoted to calling me a liar wasn't exactly "clean politics."

Should we start a score sheet keeping track of the accusation threads, defamation threads, and subtle attack threads, to see which candidate has started more?
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 2:45:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 2:41:30 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 12/10/2014 2:37:46 AM, TUF wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

TUF, I think this is a bit of an oversimplification. Blade's entire thread devoted to calling me a liar wasn't exactly "clean politics."

relax, its just an advertisement.... even if it is one that looks like it was made from clip art taken off of Microsoft Word :P
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
VelCrow
Posts: 1,273
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 2:45:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 1:57:12 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
This is one of the most ridiculous elections I've seen. I wish Max would just appoint himself President - it would cut out a lot of this pointless back-and-forth bickering.

^fixed
"Ah....So when god "Taught you" online, did he have a user name like "Darthmaulrules1337", and did he talk in all caps?" ~ Axonly

http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 2:47:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 2:44:18 AM, TUF wrote:
At 12/10/2014 2:41:30 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 12/10/2014 2:37:46 AM, TUF wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

TUF, I think this is a bit of an oversimplification. Blade's entire thread devoted to calling me a liar wasn't exactly "clean politics."

Should we start a score sheet keeping track of the accusation threads, defamation threads, and subtle attack threads, to see which candidate has started more?

"Clean" and "less dirty" are not synonyms. All I can personally speak to is the fact that I've tried to be less hostile in my posts directed at blade in the past two days, and he has not reciprocated the same to me.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
TUF
Posts: 21,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 2:51:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 2:45:39 AM, imabench wrote:
At 12/10/2014 2:41:30 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 12/10/2014 2:37:46 AM, TUF wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

TUF, I think this is a bit of an oversimplification. Blade's entire thread devoted to calling me a liar wasn't exactly "clean politics."

relax, its just an advertisement.... even if it is one that looks like it was made from clip art taken off of Microsoft Word :P

Hey, my resources are limited! Don't judge me. XD
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227