Jump to topic:

Presidential Debate! Mikal Vs. Bladerunner

Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 10:01:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I propose a 4 round Presidential debate, in written form with Mikal Vs. Bladerunner. It can be made so that no one can vote on the debate, but this will allow both sides to clearly write out the argument against each other, it will also mean that each and every issue is addressed.

It will cut through a lot of nonsense that has permeated this election. The debate will be like any other debate.org debate where both members will have only 10, 000 characters to both summarize their arguments for themselves, and attack the other candidate's policies. It will be a concise form of everything that has happened.

I propose that both candidates do this now, as the election is about to start. I'm sure one or the other (or both) might not want to do this, but I ask debate.org members to make them.

This is a debate site, lets settle it old school.

(Both debaters can also ask champions to debate on their behalf (Mikal/Bluesteel/Imabench Vs. Bladerunner/Cermank/thett) really any one).

As I said,

this is a debate site, lets settle it old school.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 10:07:50 AM
At 12/10/2014 10:01:08 AM, Ajabi wrote:
I propose a 4 round Presidential debate, in written form with Mikal Vs. Bladerunner. It can be made so that no one can vote on the debate, but this will allow both sides to clearly write out the argument against each other, it will also mean that each and every issue is addressed.

It will cut through a lot of nonsense that has permeated this election. The debate will be like any other debate.org debate where both members will have only 10, 000 characters to both summarize their arguments for themselves, and attack the other candidate's policies. It will be a concise form of everything that has happened.

I propose that both candidates do this now, as the election is about to start. I'm sure one or the other (or both) might not want to do this, but I ask debate.org members to make them.

(Both debaters can also ask champions to debate on their behalf (Mikal/Bluesteel/Imabench Vs. Bladerunner/Cermank/thett) really any one).

As I said,

There is no point in a debate , debate because the election is one in day, it would have to be a google hangout which is going to be hard as is. Eddie has 12 hours shifts the next 2/3 days and I'm gone half of the day today and tomorrow

If you guys want to do anything in between that or we can find time i'm down. Granted with his schedule and the job stuff I have to do tomorrow, I dont see it. That is why bsh set up the questions the way he did.
Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 10:15:33 AM
At 12/10/2014 10:07:50 AM, Mikal wrote:

As I said,

There is no point in a debate , debate because the election is one in day, it would have to be a google hangout which is going to be hard as is. Eddie has 12 hours shifts the next 2/3 days and I'm gone half of the day today and tomorrow

If you guys want to do anything in between that or we can find time i'm down. Granted with his schedule and the job stuff I have to do tomorrow, I dont see it. That is why bsh set up the questions the way he did.

Make it 3 rounds then. Two rounds of debate dont take that long. It would take two hours of your time, and exactly it would be the final summary just before the elections.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 10:17:03 AM
At 12/10/2014 10:15:33 AM, Ajabi wrote:
At 12/10/2014 10:07:50 AM, Mikal wrote:

As I said,

Make it 3 rounds then. Two rounds of debate dont take that long. It would take two hours of your time, and exactly it would be the final summary just before the elections.

My dude, he works 12 hour shifts. The election is in one day, and I'm gone half the day the next days along with balancing out all of the current stuff. I would be more than willing to do one, but it would literally be a google plus hangout. That is the only way it could happen at this point
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 10:24:14 AM
Doing it live sounds like a good idea. Hopefully someone could write it up?
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 12:24:27 PM

As I said,

I did not see the word 'Please' anywhere in that....

#rude
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 12:26:28 PM
At 12/10/2014 10:40:02 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
The Bennett/Otter campaign is offended we were not considered as part of the debate!

The man is trying to keep them down. They don't want us to learn of the Gremlin menace that they are funding and hiding.
Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 10:16:57 PM
At 12/10/2014 12:24:27 PM, imabench wrote:

I propose that both candidates please do this now, as the election is about to start. I'm sure one or the other (or both) might not want to do this, but I ask debate.org members to make them.

As I said,

I did not see the word 'Please' anywhere in that....

#rude

fix'd