My DDO Presidential Vote

ElCorazonAma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 12:02:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Dear DDO

I am going to be stating my vote, explaining why I intend to vote for this person and why I think you all should possibly consider thinking very hard first before choosing who you may vote for.

Who am I voting for is Mikal, he is obviously well known. He can be a bit forward sometimes but he always means well. The reason I am voting for Mikal, is not simply because we're friends and talk; I am voting for him because he is a person who when he says he will do something actually does it. And if he knows he cannot do the things that may be mentioned, he refrains from promising. What that means is he always accomplishes his promises. He has shown growth from what I have seen and has definitely gotten my respect. He is by no means a perfect individual as no one is and anyone who may make judgement calls in regards to his past tensions or posts or even debates may have due cause to worry in their mind and in their own way. The thing is, I believe in a change of not just the mind, but of the heart as well. It is possible for an individual to step up and do something with respect and honor because of the change that needs to be made. Mikal shows promise in this, he does not just want to become president just because of some "ego" issue, he is wanting to do this to return the favor that we as DDO members gave to him when he needed our help. We were all there for him. Am I saying this as an advertisement? No, by no means it is not; however, this a chance of proving not just to us as users, but to himself that he MUST stand strong and do everything in his power to reach all of our needs. I firmly believe he has the sites best interests at heart and will do everything in his power to make it a better place. He has shown nothing but compassion and love for the site, and that has earned not just respect but my pledge to his campaign.

This election is not about who will do this, or do that, or who can even do better or may not do better. Bladerunner did a FINE job as president, but I see no harm in allowing someone such as Mikal to have a chance just as any person in REAL LIFE elections would be given. I know this is just a site, but this is also an election of the DDO President we are talking about, so to me anything that would appear as genuinely serious as this is, should be taken seriously.There have been a bunch of tension and heated discussions that questioned peoples motivations from both sides that was not called for. Mikal is no better than Bladerunner, and Bladerunner is no better than Mikal. This is just an election of what type of changes can be made and what can be done by another individual who is taking full stride to make a difference on DDO. I firmly believe that is Mikal.

My Fellow DDO Members, did any one of you suspect that Mikal would even consider trying to do something such as run for DDO Presidency if he did not genuinely have good intentions? I am almost 100% positive that many of those who are refusing to vote for him are doing so because of his past actions. Anyone can change if they make the effort, and Mikal is changing because he loves the site and wants to do what is best for it. Mikal has shown a great deal of change and growth within himself just since the start of this election alone. It is rare for me to take an objective stance on any type of voting such as this, but throughout our friendship Mikal has kept his promises to me and showed me as a person he is trustworthy and achieves what he promises. He has no reason to lie or keep anything a secret, in fact, he is more than willing to stand for us as the DDO President and say that he is proud to be able to be there for us. Again, this is not to say that Bladerunner or any other past DDO Presidents have done poorly because I have a great deal of respect and honor for them, but let us give Mikal a chance now. Many have always said to me, "You will never know unless you give it a try!" So, I say, let's give Mikal a chance to prove to not just us, but also to himself that he can make us and himself proud as DDO President!

Moreover, the choice is up to you now, DDO, who will it be? :) . If you want the change that you desire, let him have the chance to give it to you. I firmly believe that he will stick to his word and achieve all the goals he has set along with bringing DDO together as a community and as friends. Also remember, regardless of who you vote for, you will always be loved and cared for by someone, but lets make a change this election and elect the person that can bring the change we want to see!

Best Regards,
Marie

Thus I am pledging my vote to Mikal/Bench/Steel and I urge everyone that wants to see a change in the site to do the same. Nevertheless, it is your choice, just as this is mine.
The verb is real but the adjective is only a hypothetical ideal. ~ Freedo
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 12:11:25 AM
At 12/11/2014 12:02:51 AM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
Dear DDO

I am going to be stating my vote, explaining why I intend to vote for this person and why I think you all should possibly consider thinking very hard first before choosing who you may vote for.

Who am I voting for is Mikal, he is obviously well known. He can be a bit forward sometimes but he always means well. The reason I am voting for Mikal, is not simply because we're friends and talk; I am voting for him because he is a person who when he says he will do something actually does it. And if he knows he cannot do the things that may be mentioned, he refrains from promising. What that means is he always accomplishes his promises. He has shown growth from what I have seen and has definitely gotten my respect. He is by no means a perfect individual as no one is and anyone who may make judgement calls in regards to his past tensions or posts or even debates may have due cause to worry in their mind and in their own way. The thing is, I believe in a change of not just the mind, but of the heart as well. It is possible for an individual to step up and do something with respect and honor because of the change that needs to be made. Mikal shows promise in this, he does not just want to become president just because of some "ego" issue, he is wanting to do this to return the favor that we as DDO members gave to him when he needed our help. We were all there for him. Am I saying this as an advertisement? No, by no means it is not; however, this a chance of proving not just to us as users, but to himself that he MUST stand strong and do everything in his power to reach all of our needs. I firmly believe he has the sites best interests at heart and will do everything in his power to make it a better place. He has shown nothing but compassion and love for the site, and that has earned not just respect but my pledge to his campaign.

This election is not about who will do this, or do that, or who can even do better or may not do better. Bladerunner did a FINE job as president, but I see no harm in allowing someone such as Mikal to have a chance just as any person in REAL LIFE elections would be given. I know this is just a site, but this is also an election of the DDO President we are talking about, so to me anything that would appear as genuinely serious as this is, should be taken seriously.There have been a bunch of tension and heated discussions that questioned peoples motivations from both sides that was not called for. Mikal is no better than Bladerunner, and Bladerunner is no better than Mikal. This is just an election of what type of changes can be made and what can be done by another individual who is taking full stride to make a difference on DDO. I firmly believe that is Mikal.

My Fellow DDO Members, did any one of you suspect that Mikal would even consider trying to do something such as run for DDO Presidency if he did not genuinely have good intentions? I am almost 100% positive that many of those who are refusing to vote for him are doing so because of his past actions. Anyone can change if they make the effort, and Mikal is changing because he loves the site and wants to do what is best for it. Mikal has shown a great deal of change and growth within himself just since the start of this election alone. It is rare for me to take an objective stance on any type of voting such as this, but throughout our friendship Mikal has kept his promises to me and showed me as a person he is trustworthy and achieves what he promises. He has no reason to lie or keep anything a secret, in fact, he is more than willing to stand for us as the DDO President and say that he is proud to be able to be there for us. Again, this is not to say that Bladerunner or any other past DDO Presidents have done poorly because I have a great deal of respect and honor for them, but let us give Mikal a chance now. Many have always said to me, "You will never know unless you give it a try!" So, I say, let's give Mikal a chance to prove to not just us, but also to himself that he can make us and himself proud as DDO President!

Moreover, the choice is up to you now, DDO, who will it be? :) . If you want the change that you desire, let him have the chance to give it to you. I firmly believe that he will stick to his word and achieve all the goals he has set along with bringing DDO together as a community and as friends. Also remember, regardless of who you vote for, you will always be loved and cared for by someone, but lets make a change this election and elect the person that can bring the change we want to see!

Best Regards,
Marie

Thus I am pledging my vote to Mikal/Bench/Steel and I urge everyone that wants to see a change in the site to do the same. Nevertheless, it is your choice, just as this is mine.

I will not let you down, you have my word that I will act in the best interest of the site and do what is necessary to invoke change.

these words mean so much

first thing that has put a smile on my face tonight after the attacks from that other thread :)

thank you for the lift up and kind words
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 12:13:15 AM
At 12/11/2014 12:11:25 AM, Mikal wrote:
Dear DDO

Best Regards,
Marie

I will not let you down, you have my word that I will act in the best interest of the site and do what is necessary to invoke change.

these words mean so much

first thing that has put a smile on my face tonight after the attacks from that other thread :)

Your welcome, I try.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 12:16:11 AM
At 12/11/2014 12:13:15 AM, headphonegut wrote:
Dear DDO

Best Regards,
Marie

these words mean so much

Your welcome, I try.

<3
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 12:36:29 AM
At 12/11/2014 12:28:32 AM, komododragon8 wrote:
By the way how are we suppost to vote? will there be a poll ore something?

There will be an official voting thread posted on the DDO forum on Friday.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 12:36:44 AM
Dear DDO

Best Regards,
Marie

Well said Marie!! Thanks for taking the time to write this and share your feelings on the election. I agree with your sentiments 100%
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 12:37:15 AM

you need 500 posts to vote though. You got one day to to do it. Message dtaylor, you will him in the forums. He can help you get your posts by then :)

or i can help myself
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 12:40:14 AM
At 12/11/2014 12:37:15 AM, Mikal wrote:

you need 500 posts to vote though. You got one day to to do it. Message dtaylor, you will him in the forums. He can help you get your posts by then :)

or i can help myself

Approximately what time Friday through when?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 12:41:10 AM
At 12/11/2014 12:40:14 AM, lannan13 wrote:

or i can help myself

Approximately what time Friday through when?

friday to sunday

there are alot of people messaging me that want to vote but dont meet the reqs, so dtyalor is offering to help the meet the criteria for me so their voice can be heard as well
VelCrow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 12:45:02 AM
Dear DDO

Best Regards,
Marie

these words mean so much

Your welcome, I try.

Why are you taking credit for what other people did?
"Ah....So when god "Taught you" online, did he have a user name like "Darthmaulrules1337", and did he talk in all caps?" ~ Axonly

http://www.debate.org...
komododragon8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 12:48:21 AM

or i can help myself

Unfortunatly I only have 37 posts so far so I dont think I can get 500 by tomorrow.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 12:54:04 AM
At 12/11/2014 12:48:21 AM, komododragon8 wrote:

or i can help myself

Unfortunatly I only have 37 posts so far so I dont think I can get 500 by tomorrow.

I promise you can we do it, i have people on my team that will help you get it

you want to go for it?

you got 24 hours
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 12:55:35 AM
At 12/11/2014 12:45:02 AM, VelCrow wrote:
Dear DDO

Best Regards,
Marie

these words mean so much

Your welcome, I try.

Why are you taking credit for what other people did?

Because names on this site are blocked and they'll never know who wrote it...Oh Wait!
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
komododragon8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 12:58:43 AM
At 12/11/2014 12:54:04 AM, Mikal wrote:

or i can help myself

you want to go for it?

you got 24 hours

Im actually going to be busy for the next 24 hours with school stuff so unfortunatly I can't. Thanks for the offer.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 1:00:17 AM
At 12/11/2014 12:58:43 AM, komododragon8 wrote:

or i can help myself

you want to go for it?

you got 24 hours

Im actually going to be busy for the next 24 hours with school stuff so unfortunatly I can't. Thanks for the offer.

its no problem, the offer is still there if you change your mind :)
VelCrow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 9:43:00 PM
At 12/11/2014 1:00:17 AM, Mikal wrote:

or i can help myself

you want to go for it?

you got 24 hours

isnt it easier to do 3 debates?
"Ah....So when god "Taught you" online, did he have a user name like "Darthmaulrules1337", and did he talk in all caps?" ~ Axonly

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 9:44:09 PM
At 12/13/2014 9:43:00 PM, VelCrow wrote:

or i can help myself

you want to go for it?

you got 24 hours

not at all lol
VelCrow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 11:01:01 PM
At 12/13/2014 9:44:09 PM, Mikal wrote:

or i can help myself

you want to go for it?

you got 24 hours

not at all lol

like 3 two round debates? :D

VelCrow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 11:02:11 PM
At 12/13/2014 11:01:01 PM, VelCrow wrote:
At 12/13/2014 9:44:09 PM, Mikal wrote:

or i can help myself

you want to go for it?

you got 24 hours

not at all lol

like 3 two round debates? :D

3 one round debates with 5 mins time to reply. ur done in 30 mins XD