Jump to topic:

New Debate Type

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2008 3:18:44 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I s'pose I agree. However it would be more practical to have categories based on user demand. And are you talking about debate categories or forums? Either way, it's kind of silly to have sport-based debate/forums on a site like this. It'd make sense on other forums where people actually care lol but I find that a lot of "intellectual types" that frequent the site don't like or care as much about sports as I do. And while I do think philosophy would go over slightly better, it seems to do just fine in the Miscellaneous category as far as the forums go -- I think there's only one post regarding Philosophy in the Miscellaneous section. As far as debates, it can get a little tricky because philosophy can be used as the foundation for other categories (i.e. politics and religion). However I do see a valid point in having a Philosophy section as far as debates go. Maybe that'd spark some more debates based on one of my favorite subjects (and more philosophical discussion for the forums as well).
President of DDO
Juggernaut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2008 7:49:08 PM
At 12/25/2008 12:39:51 PM, Logical-Master wrote:
Miscellaneous seems to cover it.

The "Sports" forum only had 8 topics and the "News" forum only has 6 topics. Why not replace one of them with Philosophy?
DiablosChaosBroker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2008 2:45:10 PM
At 12/27/2008 7:49:08 PM, Juggernaut wrote:
At 12/25/2008 12:39:51 PM, Logical-Master wrote:
Miscellaneous seems to cover it.

The "Sports" forum only had 8 topics and the "News" forum only has 6 topics. Why not replace one of them with Philosophy?

The Sports and the News Forum should be in the Miscellaneous too.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2015 5:33:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/25/2008 9:56:41 AM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
Why isn't Philosophy on the drop down list? We need philosophy!!!

we so do
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2015 10:20:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
It CAME
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'